PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs RB Priest Holmes Willing To Play For Dallas

Sweets
08-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Source: Tony Grossi, Cleveland Plain Dealer (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1186303578252800.xml&coll=2&thispage=3)

Priest Holmes told reporters Saturday that he wouldn't mind playing for the Cowboys if the Chiefs don't want him. The Chiefs seem to want him, but will have somewhat of a glut at running back once Larry Johnson ends his holdout. The status of his neck and spine remains the biggest question mark surrounding Holmes' comeback.

sling58
08-06-2007, 12:12 PM
I think that it would be good to have both of them. Line both in the backfield and confuse the D

Guru
08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Bye!!!

DrunkHillbilly
08-06-2007, 12:30 PM
HMMMMMMM.... can you say "PLOY"!!!

Sweets
08-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, why would Dallas want Holmes?

m0ef0e
08-06-2007, 12:44 PM
... as much as I love Priest, any team wanting to take a chance on him at this point really should think twice. He needs to prove he can still play before you talk about paying him. Right now the Chiefs have been paying his tab for 2 years. Let them keep doing it and take the chances.

sling58
08-06-2007, 12:45 PM
... as much as I love Priest, any team wanting to take a chance on him at this point really should think twice. He needs to prove he can still play before you talk about paying him. Right now the Chiefs have been paying his tab for 2 years. Let them keep doing it and take the chances.

agreed. hate to let him go and he have a stellar year.

sleepb13
08-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Priest would only want to play for someone else so he can get more $. Priest is due about $800,000. If he is released, Dallas, or anyone else for that matter, would have to give him a veteran min contract worth around 2mil.

Its a ploy for more money, but if the Chiefs give him a roster spot, he better be willing to play, especially with how much money the Chiefs have dumped on him over the past year and a half.

m0ef0e
08-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Priest would only want to play for someone else so he can get more $. Priest is due about $800,000. If he is released, Dallas, or anyone else for that matter, would have to give him a veteran min contract worth around 2mil.

Its a ploy for more money, but if the Chiefs give him a roster spot, he better be willing to play, especially with how much money the Chiefs have dumped on him over the past year and a half.

agreed.

Guru
08-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Just give the man his nachos.

Coach
08-06-2007, 09:59 PM

Great insight. Rep added.

chief31
08-06-2007, 10:04 PM
I'd like to hear the context in which this comment was made. It does sound wierd, though.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I'd like to hear the context in which this comment was made. It does sound wierd, though.

It was in response to specific question asked; something along the lines of: "Who would you want to play for if the Chiefs didn't want you?"

tornadospotter
08-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Priest will make the team, and he will make a difference. Just wait and see. His impact on the team will show, with time.
He wants to play for the Chiefs, I think he will.

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Priest will make the team, and he will make a difference. Just wait and see. His impact on the team will show, with time.

...Hope you're right.

chief31
08-07-2007, 01:56 AM
He wants to play for the Chiefs, I think he will.

I agree. He has to have a positive influence on the team, in some way.

Guru
08-07-2007, 01:59 AM
I agree. He has to have a positive influence on the team, in some way.

Yeah, he will provide the nachos after each game.

ba-dump bing:yahoo::D

tornadospotter
08-07-2007, 02:05 AM
If Priest is willing to take the chance of a come back. If he is stepping up and building that base, that football base, and come on the pics I seen from Training Camp, He looked in good shape to me, but what do I know, He looks like a F2 -F3 tornado running back to me.

AkChief49
08-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Yeah, he will provide the nachos after each game.

ba-dump bing:yahoo::D
Nacho, nacho man, I got to be a nacho....

tornadospotter
08-07-2007, 02:21 AM
:lol: :bananen_smilies046: :sign0153:

chief31
08-07-2007, 03:32 AM
:ymca:

Guru
08-07-2007, 03:36 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:mob:

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 08:46 AM

Heh!! Went searching for that one.

sleepb13
08-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I would love to see Priest come in and spell LJ. That makes a great 1-2 punch. Add Bennet to the 3rd string and we have a great running attack.

However, i am torn. It seams everyone in River Falls is in love with Kolby Smith. I watched quite a few Louisville games last year and this kid is an animal.

I am having a hard time deciding if i would rather see Priest or some good young talent.

If Priest comes in and wholeheartedly wants to make a difference and has no problem running behind LJ, give the man his spot. But if he is just looking for a pay day, give the rookie some carries!

Sweets
08-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Somehow I can't understand why Holmes wants to come back unless it's money related, with his injury history IMO he's just stupid, playing can't be worth maybe a life ending or threatening situation and he's never going to be the player he was...

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Somehow I can't understand why Holmes wants to come back unless it's money related, with his injury history IMO he's just stupid, playing can't be worth maybe a life ending or threatening situation and he's never going to be the player he was...

I agree; I have always said that I would rather see him walk away from the game rather than wheel away or worse.

m0ef0e
08-07-2007, 04:27 PM
I agree totally. I would hate to see Priest fall victim to further injury. However, I sincerely believe that Priest would not come back if he felt it was a serious risk. If the doctors have cleared him and Holmes feels he can play, why not let him have another shot at it? He is the franchise leader in rushing yards for us, after all.

YZILLA
08-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Actually I think from that interview he said Dallas would be where he would play (if he could ) after the chiefs released him. Because that is where he is from and he would be close to his family . Dont quote me on this Just what I got out of the interview. Money is always a factor but it wasnt mentioned . Just the fact that is the state he is from .

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Actually I think from that interview he said Dallas would be where he would play (if he could ) after the chiefs released him. Because that is where he is from and he would be close to his family . Dont quote me on this Just what I got out of the interview. Money is always a factor but it wasnt mentioned . Just the fact that is the state he is from .

Yeah I saw the same interview and I did not get the feeling that he really didn't have any seriouse inclination to go to Dallas; just if he didn't make it in KC.

AkChief49
08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I would rather not see him get hurt again either, but he is after all a grown man and can make his own decision. I think half a Priest is better than no Priest at all. He would not be carrying the load, but still is enough of a force to make D's nervous. I see no reason why he would not make the team?? He has'nt eaten that many nachos has he?:D

AkChief49
08-07-2007, 07:33 PM

by the way Chief31: that, was funny!!

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 07:36 PM
by the way Chief31: that, was funny!!

Don't encourage him. :lol:

AkChief49
08-07-2007, 07:40 PM
c'mon Chiefster, you got to admit that was a little funny!!!:lol:

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 07:42 PM

I admit nothing! :p

chief31
08-07-2007, 09:02 PM

He can't say it. He's trying to protect his man-card for a while.

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 11:40 PM
He can't say it. He's trying to protect his man-card for a while.

No speaking of that which I need to protect! :lol: