PDA

View Full Version : This is why I hate the Tony Gonzalez Trade!

AussieChiefsFan
05-04-2009, 03:34 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8101bfd7&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8101bfd7&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

:bananen_smilies046:

ktmrider
05-04-2009, 09:07 AM
After reading through those trades it looks as though in most cases the team getting the picks actually came out on the better end of the deal in the long run. It gave them an advantage in building a strong foundation for thier future. A few picks worked out for both parties which is what I expect from our trade w/Atlanta. I know it sucks that Tony is gone and he was your hero, but tomorrow is another day and you will find a new favorite Chief, trust me. :bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
05-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Anyone knows that TG is gonna have a positive impact for the Falcons. The only question is, how will we fair with our draft pick?

By trading TG, did we get more cap room for this year?

dbolan
05-04-2009, 09:14 AM
After reading through those trades it looks as though in most cases the team getting the picks actually came out on the better end of the deal in the long run. It gave them an advantage in building a strong foundation for thier future. A few picks worked out for both parties which is what I expect from our trade w/Atlanta. I know it sucks that Tony is gone and he was your hero, but tomorrow is another day and you will find a new favorite Chief, trust me. :bananen_smilies046:

One thing you may consider is that even though you hate it when your favorite player leaves, keep it into perspective: The players are in it for the money and we are in it as a fan. Believe me, they will get over very quickly and move along. So, if you remember that, it makes a difference. That is why I said that if TG really "loved" KC, he would have stayed and he could have stayed.

Chiefster
05-04-2009, 09:42 AM
One thing you may consider is that even though you hate it when your favorite player leaves, keep it into perspective: The players are in it for the money and we are in it as a fan. Believe me, they will get over very quickly and move along. So, if you remember that, it makes a difference. That is why I said that if TG really "loved" KC, he would have stayed and he could have stayed.

Another thing to consider is that Tony has spent twelve years in the league, all of them with KC and has no Championship ring to show for it. Tony, being at the end of his career, wants a shot at a SB and probably feels that Atlanta is a team primed to contend for it. I believe him when he says that he wants to go into the HOF as a Chief.

honda522
05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Do we have to have a title like that? I suggest a change in the title, or else!

With that being said, I think Tony might have 1 good year, being this year, and he will probably start to decline.

Chiefster
05-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Do we have to have a title like that? I suggest a change in the title, or else!

With that being said, I think Tony might have 1 good year, being this year, and he will probably start to decline.

What's wrong with the title?

honda522
05-04-2009, 10:30 AM
What's wrong with the title?
You know what......I didn't see the word trade at the end.

I only saw, This is why I hate the Tony Gonzalez Thread. I saw Trade but read thread. I am alittle dyslexic. :lol:

Chiefster
05-04-2009, 10:33 AM
You know what......I didn't see the word trade at the end.

I only saw, This is why I hate the Tony Gonzalez Thread. I saw Trade but read thread. I am alittle dyslexic. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

No problem; m'I a elttil cixelsyd oot. :D

Canada
05-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Another thing to consider is that Tony has spent twelve years in the league, all of them with KC and has no Championship ring to show for it. Tony, being at the end of his career, wants a shot at a SB and probably feels that Atlanta is a team primed to contend for it. I believe him when he says that he wants to go into the HOF as a Chief.

Yeah, but it's kinda like joining a bandwagon team. I am a Chiefs fan and there will be no championship for me until the Chiefs win it. I am not going to like another team next year because they might win a championship. I would not be anywhere near as fulfilling as if the Chiefs won. I think Tony will be surprisingly disappointed if he win with ATL because it is not with KC.

Vanilla Garilla
05-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah, but it's kinda like joining a bandwagon team. I am a Chiefs fan and there will be no championship for me until the Chiefs win it. I am not going to like another team next year because they might win a championship. I would not be anywhere near as fulfilling as if the Chiefs won. I think Tony will be surprisingly disappointed if he win with ATL because it is not with KC.

I bet your right, I never though of it that way, and I'm sure he really hasn't either. Kinda like cheating on a test, your glad you passed, but its not nearly as satisfying as if you would have did it on your own.

tornadospotter
05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
I really want a SB to, now even more! I hope I get one before TG does. Make it a lesson to all, leave a team for personally glory, and regret it all. :11:

Now that being said, Tony would probably still be a Chief today, if he did not ask for a trade.

dbolan
05-04-2009, 01:00 PM

Exactly!!! That is why I really have no regard for him now. He got paid to be here and was still under contract. If he "loved the Chiefs so much" then he should have stayed and helped the team. IMHO, I could care less if he gets a SB ring or not. It is another round of "me, me, me" served by TG himself.

In all honesty, I hope he has to watch the KC Chiefs win a SB while he sits in his mansion as a spectator! LOL!

Chiefster
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM

...Possibly, I think Tony is looking at his own football mortality here. Right or wrong he obviously doesn't feel as if a Championship is within his grasp with Kansas City in the amount of time he has left playing the game. JMHO

Lazeye
05-04-2009, 02:44 PM
I am so much a die hard chiefs fan that I do not even watch the playoffs or the SB if we are not in it. Maybe I rob myself of the game I love at such a great time of year but screw it I am same way with ku basketball when we get knocked out of the tourney I stop watching it to. maybe I am crazy but I am a CHIEF FAN TILL I DIE Fuk all the other teams.

AussieChiefsFan
05-05-2009, 01:40 AM
I might get ANOTHER favorite chief, but not one to replace TG.

Vandelay
05-05-2009, 08:09 PM
I might get ANOTHER favorite chief, but not one to replace TG.
May I suggest Tyson Jackson?:D

honda522
05-05-2009, 10:02 PM
No..........DEE BO!

AussieChiefsFan
05-05-2009, 11:35 PM
I was prepared to make Aaron Curry my second favorite chief evan before the draft. Then WE DON'T DRAFT HIM!!!!!

honda522
05-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I am so much a die hard chiefs fan that I do not even watch the playoffs or the SB if we are not in it. Maybe I rob myself of the game I love at such a great time of year but screw it I am same way with ku basketball when we get knocked out of the tourney I stop watching it to. maybe I am crazy but I am a CHIEF FAN TILL I DIE Fuk all the other teams.
Dude, now that just crazy. Do you just support home teams, or do you support FOOTBALL. I can't go without football for long, even if its not the Chiefs.

Thats just being an extremist.

AussieChiefsFan
05-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Dude, now that just crazy. Do you just support home teams, or do you support FOOTBALL. I can't go without football for long, even if its not the Chiefs.

:biggrin:

oregonchieffan58
05-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Great Point Canada

After watching the posted video by Aussie...teams sure have given up tons of picks for players over the year. I think another tough part of the trade was getting a second rounder in 2010 rather than 2009.. If we got to see value in this years draft, the trade would be easier to understand

tornadospotter
05-08-2009, 01:34 AM
I am taking additions!!!:11:

oregonchieffan58
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I still watch the playoffs and superbowl if Chiefs aren't in it, I am just not emotionally involved and been known to have a few wagers going.

Chiefster
05-08-2009, 03:43 PM

I, too, am a Chiefs and Football fan. Why my favorite teams are among those playing either the Donks, Faders or Sandy Eggo...unless they're playing each other then I don't care. :D

AussieChiefsFan
05-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I still watch the playoffs and superbowl if Chiefs aren't in it, I am just not emotionally involved and been known to have a few wagers going.
I do too, but with the bad feel that the chiefs SHOULD be in it.

okikcfan
05-10-2009, 07:05 PM
I, too, am a Chiefs and Football fan. Why my favorite teams are among those playing either the Donks, Faders or Sandy Eggo...unless they're playing each other then I don't care. :D
I will cheer for the donks, faiders or da dolts depending on where everyone is in the division race. I won't really care about the play offs if the Chiefs are not in them but I will watch the SB and cheer for the AFC team, tho this year I cheered on the underdog...

billb40
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM
...Possibly, I think Tony is looking at his own football mortality here. Right or wrong he obviously doesn't feel as if a Championship is within his grasp with Kansas City in the amount of time he has left playing the game. JMHO
I hate it when folks bad mouth Tony he has given so much to this team. It was not Tony's fault that the Chiefs head office were so incompetent and could not manage to draft serious players to contend for a SB. If that was the case then Tony would still be here. Chiefster is correct Tony is taking what he sees as his best shot at a SB ring and folks it is not here in KC in the time left for Tony. We will get there but not in two years hopefully three.

Chiefster
05-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I will cheer for the donks, faiders or da dolts depending on where everyone is in the division race. I won't really care about the play offs if the Chiefs are not in them but I will watch the SB and cheer for the AFC team, tho this year I cheered on the underdog...

So did I, but I kinda like Kurt Warner.

I hate it when folks bad mouth Tony he has given so much to this team. It was not Tony's fault that the Chiefs head office were so incompetent and could not manage to draft serious players to contend for a SB. If that was the case then Tony would still be here. Chiefster is correct Tony is taking what he sees as his best shot at a SB ring and folks it is not here in KC in the time left for Tony. We will get there but not in two years hopefully three.

Well said! :)

ctchiefsfan
05-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Hey Aussie....I know you are pretty bummed about TG gettin' traded an' all. I remember being a Chiefs fan your age back at the tail end of the '60s. Back then players stayed with teams pretty much.

But buck up ! The next several years are going to be a GREAT time to be a Chiefs fan! We've got what I think is pretty savvy new management, lots of cap room, a QB I think will turn into a real star. I think good times are coming. Although it may take a couple/few years. But it will get better every year.

Watch the games. Learn the players and their attitudes. You'll find yourself a new favorite. Just try to find yourself one who wants to be a CHIEF!

Just remember, its not like the old days. Players don't stick around like they used to.

But strap on your seatbelt. I THINK WE'VE GOT BIG FUN COMING!

AussieChiefsFan
05-27-2009, 03:14 AM
Hey Aussie....I know you are pretty bummed about TG gettin' traded an' all. I remember being a Chiefs fan your age back at the tail end of the '60s. Back then players stayed with teams pretty much.

But buck up ! The next several years are going to be a GREAT time to be a Chiefs fan! We've got what I think is pretty savvy new management, lots of cap room, a QB I think will turn into a real star. I think good times are coming. Although it may take a couple/few years. But it will get better every year.

Watch the games. Learn the players and their attitudes. You'll find yourself a new favorite. Just try to find yourself one who wants to be a CHIEF!

Just remember, its not like the old days. Players don't stick around like they used to.

But strap on your seatbelt. I THINK WE'VE GOT BIG FUN COMING!Well, I don't think I'll get a new ALL TIME favorite, but I'll look out for another favorite.:bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
06-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Should Tony Gonzalez have been traded? Vote Here! (http://www.micropoll.com/akira/mpview/605453-173110)

pbatrucker
06-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Unfortunatley TG wanted out and pioli took the best deal possible.

Chiefster
06-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I do wish we had Tony for just one more season so as to give Cassell someone to throw to.

slc chief
06-14-2009, 06:07 PM
i guarantee cassel did not want the trade hard to replace tony's presense on the fiels

AussieChiefsFan
06-15-2009, 02:09 AM
I do wish we had Tony for just one more season so as to give Cassell someone to throw to.
Yeah me too!

dbolan
06-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I can see him coming back next year IF:

1. ATL has a shatty season and he whines about it.

2. Chiefs have a real good season but our TE's suck.

3. We get him dirt cheap

Otherwise....Forget about it! LOL!

jmlamerson
06-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I can see him coming back next year IF:

1. ATL has a shatty season and he whines about it.

2. Chiefs have a real good season but our TE's suck.

3. We get him dirt cheap

Otherwise....Forget about it! LOL!

Tony will sign a one-day contract with the Chiefs promptly before he retires so we can send him out in style. But he'll never play for us again. Which is OK.

AussieChiefsFan
06-16-2009, 03:02 AM
Tony will sign a one-day contract with the Chiefs promptly before he retires so we can send him out in style. But he'll never play for us again. Which is OK.
I heard a lot about that too! If he doesn't sign for a whole season he will almost definately do that! Which I'm ecstatic about. I really want him to retire a chief!:bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
06-16-2009, 04:02 AM
To me, this is the one thing that really is a bad omen type thing for tradition and doing it for the gipper kinda stuff. Tony is doing the selfish thing and even though it might be the right thing for him to do, it really sucks for the people who loyally followed his career and became Chiefs fans simply because of him. Now what they are all Falcon fans because Tony is on their team? To me that isn't being a fan of a team but just a fan of the player which is cool, a different kinda fan but will the people be honest about it or would they lie and say things like, I am a Chiefs fan no matter what and then lets say the Chiefs blow this year (never will happen again) what do they do, in mid season they jump over to the Falcons who may be having a huge year? To me that is just shabby. It's just the worst thing about Free Agency.You DO have a point there! Not that I became a chiefs fan just because of him.:bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
06-16-2009, 11:51 AM
To me, this is the one thing that really is a bad omen type thing for tradition and doing it for the gipper kinda stuff. Tony is doing the selfish thing and even though it might be the right thing for him to do, it really sucks for the people who loyally followed his career and became Chiefs fans simply because of him.....

I completely relate to what you are saying. In my humble opinion, he should have bailed after the first year of Herm Edwards. The writing was on the wall and HE knew the Chiefs were rebuilding.

He got his cash money over the years and coming back to KC to retire....No thanks.

Personally, if he gets his ring with the Falcons I wish he would retire as a Falcon.

Vandelay
06-16-2009, 06:17 PM
The Chiefs will win more games than the Falcons this year. The Chiefs will go to the playoffs this year, the Falcons, not.

Chiefster
06-16-2009, 06:28 PM
When I watch a Chiefs game it is not a sellect few that I see run out of the tunnel out onto the field, it is the Kansas City Chiefs.

tornadospotter
06-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Tony who?

Chiefster
06-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Tony who?

Spilotro??? :D

Chiefster
06-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Well, I sure hope your correct because it would serve Gonzo right for not being patient enough to wait out the time that is definately coming. KC Chiefs are going to be better than they ever have been and I think part of it , and I hate to say this but I think part of it is because Lamar Hunt passed on and the League wants to make sure that the Chiefs get to rebuild into one of the best teams of all time. They are doing it because Lamar was one of the leagues greatest historical men. Without Lamar Hunt the AFL would never had existed and nor would the current state of the NFL. There would be no Super Bowl as Lamar is the person who named it.I know it sounds crazy but that is the gut feeling I have and only time will tell if I am right.

Not to disagree, but I'm not altogether sure that Tony believes that he has the kind of time left playing that you're talking about. Time will tell I guess.

Chiefster
06-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Maybe the time I am talking about and your thinking isn't the same bro. I think the Chiefs can do this inside of 3 seasons and if it isn't even close we made the wrong decisions again. 3 seasons is the usual amount of time it takes to rebuild and to be in the hunt if done correctly.

Maybe Tony isn't planning on playing three more seasons. Who knows? It is what it is. :bananen_smilies046:

pbatrucker
06-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Maybe Tony isn't planning on playing three more seasons. Who knows? It is what it is. :bananen_smilies046:
I agree, Tony will probably retire in a couple of years. Especially when he realizes the Falcons aren't going to the SB.

Bike
06-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I never thought I would say t his but, I am getting tired of thinking and talking about TG, the man aint a Chief anymore so who friggin cares. He can retire now as far as I care to be honest.
Exactly. He dissed KC and its fans by basically saying KC wasn't good enough for him anymore. TG's loyalties have shifted south. Mine will stay right here.

AussieChiefsFan
06-21-2009, 11:06 PM
3 at the most probably.

Chiefster
06-22-2009, 06:11 PM
3 at the most probably.

Anythings possible; look at Brett Favre.

tornadospotter
06-22-2009, 10:25 PM
tony who??????

AussieChiefsFan
06-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Anythings possible; look at Brett Favre.

AussieChiefsFan
06-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Speaking of Farve, there was a rumor on the net that he signed a deal with the Nikings again. When that is done they will announce it big time. If anyone has been to Greenbay you would know they have a decent sized monument with Farve stuff behind glass and a video player showing Brett in his prime throwing TDs. I wonder if they will take it all down if he does sign and takes the Vikings to the SB?Just wondering.........
It's sorta like Tony Gonzalez signing with the faiders a year or two after he signed with the falcons!

AkChief49
06-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Actually , it's worst than that , GB went outta their way to trade him out of their Division so they wouldn't have to compete with him, he knows their system inside and out. He actually won a Superbowl for them. He can tell the coaching staff every play the Packers have and they can write up a defense against it , I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers try to levy for a block on him signing with the Vikings. I dunno if it can be done but, if it can be, they prolly will try to. I hate the Packers Coach, he seems like a snivling cry baby.
strong words towards an ex Chief QB coach......'93-'98

AussieChiefsFan
06-23-2009, 01:40 AM
strong words towards an ex Chief QB coach......'93-'98MIGHTY strong words.

AussieChiefsFan
06-23-2009, 01:44 AM
I still don't like him, the way he handled Brett Farves situation was a bit to be desired and even though he was a Packer, I like Brett. He didn't deserve to be delt like that and it was the coach who made it happen.From 93 - 98 our QBs outside of Joe Montana who didn't really need to be coached were ok, ELvis Grvbac sucked, Bono was good until he gopt in the playoffs then he choked.Gannon was great, again he really didn't need to be coached. so 2 of the 4 QBs we had needed help from him, but again, my opinion has nothing to do with what he did with the Chiefs, it's about how he treated a first ballot hall of famer in Brett Farve.No Class IMO.
Not that much IMO.

AkChief49
06-23-2009, 01:49 AM
I still don't like him, the way he handled Brett Farves situation was a bit to be desired and even though he was a Packer, I like Brett. He didn't deserve to be delt like that and it was the coach who made it happen.From 93 - 98 our QBs outside of Joe Montana who didn't really need to be coached were ok, ELvis Grvbac sucked, Bono was good until he gopt in the playoffs then he choked.Gannon was great, again he really didn't need to be coached. so 2 of the 4 QBs we had needed help from him, but again, my opinion has nothing to do with what he did with the Chiefs, it's about how he treated a first ballot hall of famer in Brett Farve.No Class IMO.Brett had nothing to do with it by retiring?....then wanting to un-retire?

dbolan
06-23-2009, 09:04 AM
I still don't like him, the way he handled Brett Farves situation was a bit to be desired and even though he was a Packer, I like Brett. He didn't deserve to be delt like that and it was the coach who made it happen.From 93 - 98 our QBs outside of Joe Montana who didn't really need to be coached were ok, ELvis Grvbac sucked, Bono was good until he gopt in the playoffs then he choked.Gannon was great, again he really didn't need to be coached. so 2 of the 4 QBs we had needed help from him, but again, my opinion has nothing to do with what he did with the Chiefs, it's about how he treated a first ballot hall of famer in Brett Farve.No Class IMO.

I have to side with KCC on this one....

I truly believe Favre was pushed out by the coach. I also hope Favre comes back with the Vikes and at a minimum sweeps the Pack and gets into the playoffs. In fact, I would love to see him take the Vikes to the SB and win it! Then, he can walk away and I truly believe his currently defected GB fan base will give him the props he deserves.

AussieChiefsFan
06-23-2009, 10:36 PM
How weird would it be for them to have a shrine for Farve in their Packers hall of fame and this year have the guy playing for the Vikings.That would be like Len Dawson coming back to the Raiders to play us in Arrowhead. Bam (gets hit in the mellon), I can't even fathom that thought. It should be interesting atleast, I will be watching intently for sure, my drummer is a Vikings fan bigtime.
Your drummer?

Canada
06-24-2009, 08:25 AM
I have to side with KCC on this one....

I truly believe Favre was pushed out by the coach. I also hope Favre comes back with the Vikes and at a minimum sweeps the Pack and gets into the playoffs. In fact, I would love to see him take the Vikes to the SB and lose to the Chiefs 23-7! Then, he can walk away and I truly believe his currently defected GB fan base will give him the props he deserves.

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

KristofLaw
06-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Unless Favre signs with the Chiefs I hope he stays retired and bows out with some dignity. Otherwise...

... if he signs with the Vikings, Bears or Lions I hope the opposite... :SMACK: lights out old man; swept; lose 12 - 16 games; some sort of tarnishment (which he's already done) ... not the best to wish for, being somewhat of a fan but he'd deserve it...

Just stay out of the news dude, I'm losing more and more respect for the man whether it's the press playing it up or what... he kinda seems like a media whore in his old age.

Don't mind me, he makes me want to rant... maybe he should sign with the Donks! :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

KristofLaw
06-24-2009, 04:09 PM
If you wish he would fall on his a$$, why would you want him on the Chiefs?

I don't wish he falls on his a$$ anymore than I want him on the Chiefs... I guess I'll sorta quote some 70s show, " he's being a dumba$$"

I'm not from Wisconsin, not that big of a Packers fan although I like them... I do hate the Vikings with a passion though and if he were to go there, any fandemonium I used to and still cling to would be gone.

KristofLaw
06-24-2009, 04:47 PM
now your statement makes sense to me. You are a Packer fan of sorts and you like Farve as a Packer or nothing at all. That is why I am so into this soap opera, the drummer in the band I play guitar with is a huge Vikings fan and my best friend is a die-hard Packer fan so you can understand why I am lovin the story. If he ends up taking the Vikes to the SB I bet you and my friend will both hate him for it .

Actually, I grew up away from any big time NFL markets in western Canada but I loved NFL football and it's history. This is where I began following the Chiefs and Packers, you're right I am a fan of the Packers as well... I'd say they're my 3rd or 4th favorite team right now.

Long story short, I followed Favres turn-around of the Packers... and hated the Vikings egocentric attitude as I grew up... so the rumours do bug me. I hope no-one misunderstands my love for the Chiefs though... I got 2 jerseys on my wall and 5 beaten hats I've had since I was a kid as well as other Chiefs memorabilia. :bananen_smilies046: