PDA

View Full Version : Poor Crybaby Owens!

sling58
08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
SAN ANTONIO (Aug. 6, 2007) -- Terrell Owens (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1290) had an MRI on his stiff lower back.
Dallas Cowboys (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/DAL) coach Wade Phillips said the test was precautionary after Owens didn't feel any better following treatment Sunday, when he also missed practice. The team was awaiting the results, but the coach didn't sound too concerned.
"We feel sure that he just has back spasms, but we don't want to take any chances," Phillips said after the first of the team's two practices. "There's no alarm, but we wanted to make sure."
Phillips didn't know when he would have the results of the test, which was done in San Antonio. It wasn't clear if Owens would attend the team's second practice later in the day.
Before missing Sunday, Owens had taken part in four straight workouts since being given time off by Phillips so the 33-year-old receiver could rest his sore legs. Owens went through drills at full speed without any apparent problems during workouts, including two Saturday.
Owens wasn't on the field Sunday, when he was with the trainers doing whirlpool therapy and work on a stationary bike.
"I thought he would be a little better today because he did all the stuff our trainers wanted him to do," Phillips said. "But it wasn't better."
Still, Phillips hasn't ruled out the possibility of Owens playing in the preseason opener Thursday night against Indianapolis.
"No, he wants to play," Phillips said.
Owens missed about half of his first training camp with the Cowboys last year, including the first three preseason games, because of a hamstring problem.
Owens' coach-ordered hiatus last week included sitting out both workouts Wednesday. That was a day after he came on the field in uniform, minus shoulder pads or a helmet, after being told by Phillips to take it easy.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Meh! He's holding out for kagillion dollars. :p

sling58
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
he don't need no more money

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 03:12 PM
he don't need no more money

...Few like him do.

sling58
08-06-2007, 03:13 PM
yeah none of the players do really. League minimum is $400k

m0ef0e
08-06-2007, 03:57 PM
The Faders should sign him...

sling58
08-06-2007, 03:58 PM
That would be another Moss situation there but I would get a kick outta seeing Owens re-rip that team apart.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 03:59 PM
yeah none of the players do really. League minimum is $400k

I was thinking that league minimum is 500k.

m0ef0e
08-06-2007, 04:01 PM
I would get some popcorn for that.

"Last time on All My Faders..."

or -

"This week, on As Smokeland Turns..."

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 04:02 PM
I would get some popcorn for that.

"Last time on All My Faders..."

or -

"This week, on As Smokeland Turns..."

:lol: :lol:

sling58
08-06-2007, 04:04 PM
I was thinking that league minimum is 500k.

I think it's $486k or something. what's a few 86k make a difference. I think I will be pulling about $127,750k this year alone in Arrowcash with the present rate of $3500 a day.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 04:06 PM
I think it's $486k or something. what's a few 86k make a difference. I think I will be pulling about $127,750k this year alone in Arrowcash with the present rate of $3500 a day.

Heh! if only earning real cash was that simple.

sling58
08-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Heh! if only earning real cash was that simple.

Yea I know right. I would be rolling in it then! Not as much as you but close!

Guru
08-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Sometimes I wish he was not on my fantasy team.

Nah, not really.

Sweets
08-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I failed to see anything about TO being a crybaby, actually he's been quite silent for months now.

sling58
08-06-2007, 04:58 PM
I just mean it's always something with him during preseason.

Guru
08-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I just mean it's always something with him during preseason.

He is a veteran that does not want to be on the practice field. Nothing new. The media just has to make it news though.

sling58
08-06-2007, 05:00 PM
true true

Coach
08-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I failed to see anything about TO being a crybaby, actually he's been quite silent for months now.

I'm guessing that you have a soft spot for TO considering the Dance he did on the Dallas star a few years back. I'm sure as a niners fan, you must watch that and smile ear to ear.

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 07:52 PM
He is a veteran that does not want to be on the practice field. Nothing new. The media just has to make it news though.

Yep; nothing more, nothing less.

Canada
08-06-2007, 09:53 PM

Not enough cameras on him yet!

Chiefster
08-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Not enough cameras on him yet!

:lol::lol: NICE!!!

Rep! :D

timbok
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
T.O. did ok last night

Sweets
08-10-2007, 12:07 PM
The minimum salary structure for 2007

Rookies and first-year players $285,000 Second-year players $360,000 Third-year $435,000 Fourth-year $510,000 Fifth- through seventh-year $595,000 Eighth- through tenth-year $720,000 Eleventh-year and longer $820,000

There is also this rule

"Cap Relief For Veterans," which allows teams to sign players with four or more years of experience to one-year contracts for the minimum salary and have those contracts count for only $435,000 under the cap (reduced from $460,000 to $425,000 by the 2006 extension agreement, then increased to $435,000 for 2007)

sling58
08-10-2007, 12:10 PM

Rookies and first-year players $285,000 Second-year players $360,000 Third-year $435,000 Fourth-year $510,000 Fifth- through seventh-year $595,000 Eighth- through tenth-year $720,000 Eleventh-year and longer $820,000

thanks for the clarification. I just thought it was around $400k across the board. thanks for teaching me something new.

Chiefster
08-10-2007, 01:17 PM

There is also this rule

"Cap Relief For Veterans," which allows teams to sign players with four or more years of experience to one-year contracts for the minimum salary and have those contracts count for only $435,000 under the cap (reduced from $460,000 to $425,000 by the 2006 extension agreement, then increased to $435,000 for 2007)

Outstanding research Sweets! :sign0098:

thanks for the clarification. I just thought it was around $400k across the board. thanks for teaching me something new.

Same here! :)

Sweets
08-11-2007, 10:50 AM
I knew it wasn't the same for everyone and that the veterans that sign for one year was different just had to find it, you're welcome guys...

Oh and admin, yes you are correct I do have a soft spot for TO, he's a dick but I've always liked him and even agreed with him that we should have gotten rid of Garcia and not him in the first place.

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I knew it wasn't the same for everyone and that the veterans that sign for one year was different just had to find it, you're welcome guys...

Oh and admin, yes you are correct I do have a soft spot for TO, he's a dick but I've always liked him and even agreed with him that we should have gotten rid of Garcia and not him in the first place.

I think a lot of people will remember his attitude before they do his skill level, but you're right he is unquestionably great at what he does. JMHO

sling58
08-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I think a lot of people will remember his attitude before they do his skill level, but you're right he is unquestionably great at what he does. JMHO

I have never doubted T.O.'s ability. Just wish he would shut his mouth and do his job. He wants to much attention.

Sweets
08-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Telling TO to shut his mouth is like telling ocho cinco to stop celebrating or telling Michael Irvin to be humble

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 11:56 AM
I have never doubted T.O.'s ability. Just wish he would shut his mouth and do his job. He wants to much attention.

I think a lot of people would agree with you here.

sling58
08-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Telling TO to shut his mouth is like telling ocho cinco to stop celebrating or telling Michael Irvin to be humble

That is true Sweets. That's like trying to stop the wind. (Or more like hot air!)

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 12:05 PM

Heh! ...Just ain't happenin. :lol:

chief31
08-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I'll tell ya... Chad Johnson has as big a mouth as any of them, but he makes it fun, instead of insulting, or rude. I really like the guy.

Chiefster
08-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I'll tell ya... Chad Johnson has as big a mouth as any of them, but he makes it fun, instead of insulting, or rude. I really like the guy.

Yeah I got no problem with someone who is light hearted about it.

sling58
08-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah I got no problem with someone who is light hearted about it.

He does entertain!

Sweets
08-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I have no problem with any of TO's celebrations, who cares if he so called desecrated the sacred star, the only ones that hated it were the Dallas fans, TO's pom pom celebrations and his signing the football with the sharpie wasn't rude or insulting...people take one incident and make it like he was always doing that, of course unless you were at the games you missed his giving his TD's footballs to the people in wheelchairs at Candlestick Park more then a few times or celebrating with his fellow players. It's just too bad that the NFL is run by a bunch of no fun having blue haired pussies who are more concerned with their own image then letting the people see their heroes having fun.

chief31
08-11-2007, 06:24 PM
I have no problem with any of TO's celebrations, who cares if he so called desecrated the sacred star, the only ones that hated it were the Dallas fans, TO's pom pom celebrations and his signing the football with the sharpie wasn't rude or insulting...people take one incident and make it like he was always doing that, of course unless you were at the games you missed his giving his TD's footballs to the people in wheelchairs at Candlestick Park more then a few times or celebrating with his fellow players. It's just too bad that the NFL is run by a bunch of no fun having blue haired pussies who are more concerned with their own image then letting the people see their heroes having fun.

I agree that the NFL rules are irritating. And the only issue that I have with T.O. is how he managed the relationships he's had with his quarterbacks. I think he is the most talented reciever in the NFL. I just don't know if I would want him on my team. I'm sure that I would want him, but would be worried to death that he would start bad-mouthing his own teammates.

Sweets
08-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Well the only reason I brought up the celebrations was because the 3 of you just made it seem like Chad Johnson's celebrations were better because TO's celebrations were rude or insulting..

As far as his QB's, any QB with some ballies never had a problem with TO <insert Steve Young>, Garcia well I never really liked the guy so I took TO side in that one and McScab is a wuss who never confronted TO and his actions until he left the team, why not take control of the situation Donovan ya wimp, and his only backup was that he didn't want to bring drama to the locker room...Hey dude, the drama was already in there doofus...McScab should have asserted himself as the leader he thinks he is and put TO in his place, he didn't and well we all saw the result...

Chiefster
08-12-2007, 12:10 AM
The only problem I had with TO is shooting off his mouth to the media.

chief31
08-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Well the only reason I brought up the celebrations was because the 3 of you just made it seem like Chad Johnson's celebrations were better because TO's celebrations were rude or insulting..

As far as his QB's, any QB with some ballies never had a problem with TO <insert Steve Young>, Garcia well I never really liked the guy so I took TO side in that one and McScab is a wuss who never confronted TO and his actions until he left the team, why not take control of the situation Donovan ya wimp, and his only backup was that he didn't want to bring drama to the locker room...Hey dude, the drama was already in there doofus...McScab should have asserted himself as the leader he thinks he is and put TO in his place, he didn't and well we all saw the result...

No matter how much of a "wuss" your starting quarterback is, it is no help to your team, to call him names to the press. It is extra brave for him to criticize someone who is doing a job that he can't do. Neither McNabb, nor Garcia should have been put in that situation. I think that T.O. may be growing up, but I would still worry about him, as a teammate, if he were on my team. Steve Young didn't have to hear from him, but he was still a pup who couldn't catch.

Sweets
08-12-2007, 06:49 PM
As a LEADER in the locker room you should be ready to assert yourself, whether you're put in that situation or not. IMO

chief31
08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
As a LEADER in the locker room you should be ready to assert yourself, whether you're put in that situation or not. IMO

Agreed, but simply saying that the quarterbacks should have done something, doesn't, by any means, excuse the poor decision by Owens.

Sweets
08-13-2007, 12:12 AM
simply saying??? I figured you knew what the subject was...Sorry, I thought everyone was aware that TO was talking about McScab and I mean if someone I knew was talking about me and how I was on the team, I would confront them, like I would expect any LEADER would, not wait until the guy talking **** has left the building, that's when McScab found his ballies...as I said...wuss...

chief31
08-13-2007, 01:53 AM
simply saying??? I figured you knew what the subject was...Sorry, I thought everyone was aware that TO was talking about McScab and I mean if someone I knew was talking about me and how I was on the team, I would confront them, like I would expect any LEADER would, not wait until the guy talking **** has left the building, that's when McScab found his ballies...as I said...wuss...

Sweets, I already agreed with you on that. My point was that that doesn't make it cool for Owens to have run his mouth, in the first place.

Canada
08-13-2007, 10:04 AM

What would you excpect McKnob to do, blow up and have a hissy fit and get into a slap fight with TO. Do you honestly believe that "confronting" him is gonna make him shut up. The guy is a piece of sh*t who does far more to hurt his team than he ever does to help them out. TO is a waste of a roster spot on any team. :beer:

sling58
08-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I am going to be so happy when T.O. retires!

Chiefster
08-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Sweets, I already agreed with you on that. My point was that that doesn't make it cool for Owens to have run his mouth, in the first place.

What would you excpect McKnob to do, blow up and have a hissy fit and get into a slap fight with TO. Do you honestly believe that "confronting" him is gonna make him shut up. The guy is a piece of sh*t who does far more to hurt his team than he ever does to help them out. TO is a waste of a roster spot on any team. :beer:

I can't argue with the points made here. TO is a talented WR who doesn't know when to shut up. JMHO