PDA

View Full Version : Rumor about Bo

N TX Dave
05-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Anyone have any idea if there is any truth in this rumor? Remeber it is just a rumor, I have heard that Haley wants players who work hard.

Source (http://testosteronesports.com/the_vein_review.php?vein_id=2701)

Bowe not clicking with Haley?

Posted: 05/05/09 3:01 pm
The Main Line...When the Chiefs brought Cardinals OC Todd Haley to town as head coach this offseason, many began predicting big things from Dwayne Bowe. The third-year WR has shown tons of promise, and was to be the focal point of the passing attack. However, the Kansas City Star is reporting that Haley hasn't been impressed with Bowe's work ethic, and even suggests the team could look to move him within the next year.
jesse thinks...
This is a bit of a surprise to me, because I thought Bowe would blow up in the same offense that made Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin must-plays in fantasyland. I've seen Bowe up close at Chiefs camp last year though, and I can tell you, he loves himself. A lot. Bowe still remains the best option for new QB Matt Cassel though, and should be regarded as a #2 WR for us fantasy freaks. There is additional cause for concern, however, as Tony Gonzalez' absence will allow teams to focus on closing down the D-Bowe show every week.

Chiefster
05-08-2009, 11:50 AM
This is the first I've heard of it.

yashi
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Teicher's v-log mentioned this same thing earlier in the week, that Bowe's questionable work ethic might not go over well with Haley since he's looking for high character guys who give it 110% at all times.

N TX Dave
05-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I wonder if it is true and if Bo has questionable work ethic that will put him on the wrong side of the front office because they want people that are team first always. But without Bo who do we have that can catch the ball seeing how Tony is gone?

hometeam
05-08-2009, 01:02 PM
marvin harrison and plaxico burress ^^

loyalchief91
05-08-2009, 01:28 PM
We can't afford to lose him due to his own stupidity... But I do agree bowe does love himself..... maybe a little too much

N TX Dave
05-08-2009, 02:11 PM
We can't afford to lose him due to his own stupidity... But I do agree bowe does love himself..... maybe a little too much

You mean he is another TO in the making? :wheelchair:

DrunkHillbilly
05-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I can definitely tell you that Haley won't put up with the diva's!!! He is a no BS guy and expects the same from everyone!

AussieChiefsFan
05-08-2009, 08:33 PM
This is the first I've heard of it.
Same here, I think it's absolute nonsense, but I was wrong about the TG trade I could be wrong with this too. :(

Hayvern
05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
My thought on this.

I remember a game last season where Bowe was on the sidelines and in Squirmin Herman's ear telling him to eiher Challenge a call or go for it on fourth down. I think it was a challenge. Anyway, Herman does what Bowe wanted to do and it failed miserably.

Haley is not about to let his players have that kind of power. He might listen to what the player has to say, but he is ultimately going to make the decision and further discussion about that decision will not be tolerated. I like that.

I can see where Bowe might feel a little disrespected because he no longer is the "baby" of the head coach. This would impact his attitude. Of course he would be wrong, but I work with a number of 20 somethings and that is the attitude that I see very strongly these days.

I cannot quite figure out how someone feels they deserve something that was given to them. That is the attitude I see in Bowe and I do not think Haley nor Piloi will put up with it.

oregonchieffan58
05-09-2009, 01:47 AM
I think Bowe does love himself, hell I would love myself if I had that much talent and people loved me. Bowe has been operating under Herm and probably got away with some things and got treated like a star. Haley is now the new guy in town and he wants everyone to work their butts off and prove why they should be in KC..I think in a way Bowe expects a little more respect from Haley and might not neccessarily think he should have to prove himself to the new coach. I think if Bowe and Haley can find a way to get along and work well together Bowe will end up benefitting as Haley's past has show that he loves throwing that ball to his WR's. Bowe needs to shown his new coach respect and go from there

Chiefster
05-09-2009, 02:16 AM
I think Bowe does love himself, hell I would love myself if I had that much talent and people loved me. Bowe has been operating under Herm and probably got away with some things and got treated like a star. Haley is now the new guy in town and he wants everyone to work their butts off and prove why they should be in KC..I think in a way Bowe expects a little more respect from Haley and might not neccessarily think he should have to prove himself to the new coach. I think if Bowe and Haley can find a way to get along and work well together Bowe will end up benefitting as Haley's past has show that he loves throwing that ball to his WR's. Bowe needs to shown his new coach respect and go from there

...And, don't forget about his bank roll.

brish
05-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Will Bowe Breakout? (http://kan.scout.com/2/863721.html)

I read this article, which also talks about the rumour about D-Bowe and Haley not clicking. However at the end they shoot it down, because Bowe is reportedly in Arizona working with Fitzgerald as we speak..

That doesn't sound like a guy who doesn't want to work to get better.. Haley has asked Bower to lose weigth, he did the same thing to Fitzgerald last year.
If Bowe is infact in Arizona with Fitzgerald, then HELL YEAH! :yahoo:

okikcfan
05-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Bowe is young and testing the coaches as kids do their parents, it will work out for the best I'm sure.

theaxeeffect4311
05-09-2009, 01:12 PM
I have never seen Bowe as a diva. I think whoever came up with this story is looking into making a controversy. Bowe is willing to work, especially if he's working with Fitzgerald. There may be some change in the dynamic between the new coach (Haley) and the player (Bowe) that the player is not used to. Herm treated Bowe differently. I think the change in player/coach chemistry is good. Herm seemed to put a lot of emphasis on where we drafted you means how we look at you as a player. You saw Herm play Dorsey, Hali, and Bowe at the start of their rookie season when Bowe was probably the only one worth starting their rookie season. I'm surprised that he just gave Dorsey the starting position over Boone and Edwards. Both are seasoned veterans who play decently well. All I see is that Haley sees Bowe as another player which means Bowe does not get special privileges like he may have before. Which is a good thing for Bowe and the team. Each player has to pull their own weight every day of the week, not just on Sundays.

KristofLaw
05-09-2009, 01:25 PM
We'll see. I doubt anything will arise against Bowe's character. He gutted out a 14 loss season, although he was young, without griping and complaining. Instead he continued to develop and produced better numbers than the previous year.

oregonchieffan58
05-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Haley is indeed looking at the players for what they are and how they fit into his system. It is actually a chiefs' fan luxury that Haley has no prejudice to players that he was involved in drafting (with the obvious exception to this years drafted players). What I am saying is that he will start the best player for each position, rather than starting someone because that seems like something that should happen based upon when they guy was drafted or how much money was negotiated in the contract(ie Herm).

honda522
05-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Bowe isn't going anywhere. He is to the Chiefs as Marvin Harrison of the Colts; as Gonzalez was to the Chiefs; as Fitzgerald is to the Cardinals.

oregonchieffan58
05-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Bowe isn't going anywhere. He is to the Chiefs as Marvin Harrison of the Colts; as Gonzalez was to the Chiefs; as Fitzgerald is to the Cardinals.
With that being said, Harrison is no longer with the Colts and TG is no longer with us. But, I do get your point. Those guys were pillars for many years. Nothing last forever, but I think Bowe will be in KC for awhile

SDChief09
05-12-2009, 12:26 PM
there are signs of a mini owens, I watched owens closely early on, and its very very scary how close it is.

But I dont feel Teicher in his basement knows something that say, Bob Gretz, doesnt.