PDA

View Full Version : KCChiefs.com : Ready Replacement

Coach
05-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Understand this from the start: Brad Cottam knows there's no way he can replace Tony Gonzalez. The second-year tight end has plans to be the starter at the position that Gonzalez has vacated. Thanks to the ultra-competitive Chiefs strength and

More... (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/05/08/ready_replacement/)

honda522
05-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Good read. Cottam will be decent I think.

hermhater
05-09-2009, 02:08 AM
He better be effing ready.

pbatrucker
05-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Good read an great attitude.

chiefsfreak4life
05-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Good read. The bad thing for Cottam is that so many fans will expect him to be Tony. Unfortunately. But what people need to realize that in this system that the tight end will be required to block more, to not be a focus on the offense. But if Cottam can come in and catch 2-3 balls per game, I would say it was all a good move.

honda522
05-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Good read. The bad thing for Cottam is that so many fans will expect him to be Tony. Unfortunately. But what people need to realize that in this system that the tight end will be required to block more, to not be a focus on the offense. But if Cottam can come in and catch 2-3 balls per game, I would say it was all a good move.
Everyone should realize that no one will match TG, so therefor there should be no reason to be disappointed. ;)

Coach
05-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Not many WR's catch 100 balls a year. A TE catching 100 balls a year is unheard of and probably unhealthy for an offense. If the Chiefs had decent sure-handed receivers on their roster last year, then Tony wouldn't have caught 100 balls. God knows we could have used an extra pass blocker last year. But we had to send TG out in the flat because he was the only sure-handed receiver we had.

Tony is a phenom player. The best TE in the history of football IMO. But I think it is fair to say that TG benefitted from the poor receivers this team has had on the roster for more than a decade.

All I am saying is that Brad Cottam will not catch 100 balls this year. And if the Chiefs have any shot of winning a superbowl, he never will.

Chiefster
05-10-2009, 02:19 AM
True he is no Tony G. and lets just hope he doesn't have to be.