PDA

View Full Version : Big time Chief fan is gone

N TX Dave
05-16-2009, 12:05 AM
My mother died yesterday and she was one of the biggest Chiefs and Royals fans I have know. She had season tickets for over 20 years while she lived in KC until she retired and moved to Joplin 20 years ago. She was even at the Chiefs SB IV win way back when. She made my dad buy the season tickets every year. They used to ride the bus that left from NKC. I have now inherited all her Chiefs memorabilia including a full sized Chiefs helmet lamp. She once told Blanda he was an old bum after they came to Arrowhead once and he came in when we put the snake out and won the game for them of course she did realize who she was talking to until someone at the table told her they were all from the Raiders and that was old George setting there. I will miss her a lot, the only good thing is she went from being fine to in a comma in about an hour.

AussieChiefsFan
05-16-2009, 12:10 AM
I feel for you.

tornadospotter
05-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Dave, I know your pain, I just want to say that the tornadospotter family will keep your family in our prayers,

josh1971
05-16-2009, 02:15 AM
My condolences and prayers, sir.

jb

pbatrucker
05-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Sorry to hear about your Mom dave. I have felt your pain and understand it's not easy losing a loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Walt

YZILLA
05-16-2009, 03:23 AM
God bless you and your family at this time !

chiefnut
05-16-2009, 09:48 AM
My condolences Dave, my mom passed in '87 and i still miss her.

N TX Dave
05-16-2009, 11:10 AM
I want to thank everyone for the kind words. I lost my dad in 2000 so now both of them are gone and I still miss him and my mother and I had a special bond so I can just imagine how long it will bother me. She was a big sports fan I never meet a woman who was a bigger sports fan she watched any sports on tv but she loved her Chiefs most of all followed by the Royals and she was really upset about the Chiefs last year. But now she will get watch them from heaven every Sunday.
Talking like this helps my move on Thanks for listening.

Vanilla Garilla
05-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry to hear for you loss Dave. Sounds like Chiefs Nation has lost a huge fan, and may our thoughts be with your family.

bigpoppachief
05-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Sorry my friend I know you have alot of pain but like you said she now will have the best seat possible for Chiefs games

AkChief49
05-16-2009, 04:00 PM
NT Dave, My deepest sympathy for you and your family. You're in our prayers! God Bless.

okikcfan
05-16-2009, 04:30 PM
From everyone here in the okikc family, we know your pain and your loss and would like to send our deepest sympathy for you and your family at this time and will pray for you and yours but realize, your Mom, well she has the best seats in the house now, God Bless.

hermhater
05-16-2009, 09:51 PM
R. I. P.

N TX Dave
05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
While going through my mother's stuff I found the record made after the Chiefs won the SB my son-n-law is converting it to mp3 if someone wants it I can send it to you give me a couple of weeks he is slow to get things done. I also found an article from a magazine talking about the win I will scan it in when I find it again my garage is now full of her stuff I have to go through.

Coach
05-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

dennystillchiefs
05-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Sorry for your loss Dave, Are prayers will be you and your family

chiefsfreak4life
05-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

N TX Dave
05-26-2009, 11:30 PM
I want to thank everyone for the kind words and prayers they are appreciated greatly. The good part is it was real fast from being fine until death less than 12 hours, about an hour until she was in a comma and did not have any pain I hope that is the way I go I do not want to spend months in a bed. I now have a set of 10 Chiefs glasses, a Chiefs ceramic lighter, Chiefs helmet light, some Chiefs arrowhead pins, the mentioned record and magazine article as well as some things my wife and doughter found and saved for me.

Chiefster
05-27-2009, 01:21 AM
So sorry for your loss.

N TX Dave
05-27-2009, 10:17 AM
It sucks to get the collectables this way but I understand how it hsppens as I have some of my stuff from that era because of my Grandfather leaving it to me. My Mother hated football but I was blessed to have a grandfather that loved the Chiefs. I would definately like a copy of that MP3 your getting and as soon as you send it to me I will upload it to my online manager for everyone to be able to download here at the site, unless you object Dave. Let me know bro.

I will be happy to get it to you so you can put it up I would do it if I had a place to put it up. Send me a private message with how to get it to you and when I get it I will send it to you.