PDA

View Full Version : Free agents!!!!

myballsarechiefin99
05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Why don't we get plexico burris....trade for ocho cinco for cheap, and possibly get greg camerillo from miami for a couple 1st's? We have a young qb and we need these players to put around him!

chiefnut
05-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Plexico may go to jail, ochocinco [one word] won't be cheap, camerillo not worth a couple of 1sts

dbolan
05-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Why not just get Boldin and call it a day? He is not near the headache 2 of those would be.

pbatrucker
05-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Why don't we get plexico burris....trade for ocho cinco for cheap, and possibly get greg camerillo from miami for a couple 1st's? We have a young qb and we need these players to put around him!
:mob: Another brillant post!!!:11:

Vanilla Garilla
05-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Plaxicos legal situation is holding him back. Chad Johnson...No Thank You!!! What we do need is Boldin or Harrison, then our Receiving Corps would be stout.

chiefnut
05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Bowe should have a breakout year, he caught 10 for 103yds in his last game. Engram is a solid reciever to take some pressure off, webb, bradley or one of the rookies could step up for a deep threat

josh1971
05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing us get Marvin Harrison, or Boldin, but keep old "Distraction Chad" out of our locker room.

And with one guy with legal troubles already on the team, let's forget the guy with the gun in his sweat pants, too.

JB

chiefnut
05-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Boldin would be great, price may be to high, harrison may only be a little better than engram though. he lost a couple of steps after the injury, although sometimes it takes two years to completely come back.

AussieChiefsFan
05-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Why don't we get plexico burris....trade for ocho cinco for cheap, and possibly get greg camerillo from miami for a couple 1st's? We have a young qb and we need these players to put around him!OK, how about we just give all of our first round picks for the nest 50 years to the raiders for mcfadden??(!):mob:

josh1971
05-19-2009, 11:14 AM
What is it with this guy and his desire to trade our first round picks away for players with idiotic behaviors that would inhibit our team?

He's a Bronco fan?

OPLookn
05-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm going to go with a faiders fan...who else would suggest something crazy like that??

Three7s
05-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Anyone who wants Harrison has gotta be nuts......

The guy is officially injury prone and he's almost old enough to be my dad! No thanks.

chiefnut
05-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm going to go with a faiders fan...who else would suggest something crazy like that??

nah, i think he's just a kid, at least he sounds like one!!

Bosco
05-27-2009, 10:16 PM
I would have liked to seen some better oline free agents come in.

honda522
05-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Plax = LJ...kinda
Johnson = TO..kinda
Camerillo = WHO? ROFL

Coach
05-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Anyone who wants Harrison has gotta be nuts......

The guy is officially injury prone and he's almost old enough to be my dad! No thanks.
I'm curious who on our current roster would be a better #2 WR next year than Marvin Harrison.

Three7s
05-28-2009, 03:30 AM
I'm curious who on our current roster would be a better #2 WR next year than Marvin Harrison.
Is it normal to sign a 36 year old injury prone receiver to be one of our primary targets? No, and it never should be.

pbatrucker
05-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Is it normal to sign a 36 year old injury prone receiver to be one of our primary targets? No, and it never should be.
Sometimes you just have to GET ER DONE with elderly players that are better than what you have.

dbolan
05-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Regardless of what anyone says, I still think we could and should make a play for Boldin.

pbatrucker
05-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Regardless of what anyone says, I still think we could and should make a play for Boldin.
I'm certainly not against it as long as the price is right.:11:

dbolan
05-29-2009, 09:36 AM

In my opinion, from what I have seen of the guy, he is undoubtedly a top 5 reciever in this league. Great hands, great size, very good speed and he is one tough SOB. He is better than anyone we have on our roster.

I would pay him TOP 5 WR money and we have it to pay. On top of that, I think it would also put some extra fire in Bowe's tank.

:toast2:

Chiefster
05-29-2009, 01:28 PM

YouTube - The Price is Right - Contestant's boobs pop out.

chief31
06-02-2009, 11:49 AM

I'm thinking that you must have misread Coaches statement.

If you read it, you should be able to see that he is asking who, of the players currently on our roster, would be a better #2 WR than Marvin Harrison.

There are certainly plenty of arguments for, and against, signing Harrison.

But the opinion that he would make a better #2 WR than anyone who is currently on the team is going to be a pretty popular one. I know that I agree.

And, since I trust you to have read and understood Coaches statement, but chose to side-step the question, I am guessing that you do to.

jmlamerson
06-02-2009, 01:12 PM

If you read it, you should be able to see that he is asking who, of the players currently on our roster, would be a better #2 WR than Marvin Harrison.

But the opinion that he would make a better #2 WR than anyone who is currently on the team is going to be a pretty popular one. I know that I agree.

And, since I trust you to have read and understood Coaches statement, but chose to side-step the question, I am guessing that you do to.

Yeah, signing Harrison has very little downside in terms of 2009 (unless, of course, you think Bradley's worth grooming for the spot). I don't think he'd sign here though - he'd want warm weather (or a dome), turf, and a possible 2009 ring.

pbatrucker
06-02-2009, 01:20 PM
In my opinion, from what I have seen of the guy, he is undoubtedly a top 5 reciever in this league. Great hands, great size, very good speed and he is one tough SOB. He is better than anyone we have on our roster.

I would pay him TOP 5 WR money and we have it to pay. On top of that, I think it would also put some extra fire in Bowe's tank.

:toast2:

I'm not against paying him top five money, he's that good. I don't want to give up a first round draft choice, a second maybe. We need those high draft choices to complete this rebuiding process.
:bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
06-02-2009, 06:15 PM

Well, I haven't seen enough of Bradley to know for sure if he's as good or better than Harrison, but I don't think it really matters because I can almost guarantee Harrison won't even finish the season anyways.

Xeticus
06-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Greg Camarillo for those of you who don't know is a former undrafted free agent who's clawed his way up to being one of the dolphins top receivers. He's not super fast but he's tough, quick and very productive. Think more Wes Welker than Randy Moss. He's a unselfish overachiever. And he might be expendable. Miami is crowded at the receiver position. Davone Bess and Ted Ginn had a good year last year and look to be better this year. Miami also drafted two receivers in Patrick Turner and Brian Hartline. So Greg Camarillo might be available and for a reasonable price. For a young QB he'd a be a good fit. This is the same guy who saved Miami from 0-16 in 2007 by pulling in the winning catch against the Baltimore Ravens in OT. He's not a superstar but he's a clutch player. Chiefs could easily do worse.

buttabean58
09-06-2009, 09:53 PM
All I can say is every year there is a breakout WR, but if our line cant keep the guy that has to put the ball in the WR hands then whats the point of signing and paying a big name WR. We need to build up a solid line again. When we were going to the playoffs we had avg WR but we had one of the best o-lines. Thats where it starts getting a solid and healthy RT.

buttabean58
09-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh and PLEXICO really..... do we not watch the news???

Big Daddy Tek
09-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Dude, what are you doing? This thread is like 4 months old. Calm down a little :sign0104:
Does anybody else find this hilarious or what! Hahahahaha

Pro_Angler
09-06-2009, 10:29 PM
lol... we need to get a boldin or a marshall bad, but more then that we need some o-line or it wont matter. Oh and bench LJ and play charles full time.

josh1971
09-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Oogh... Boldin would be ok, but a headcase petty child like Marshall? No thanks.

matthewschiefs
09-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Oogh... Boldin would be ok, but a headcase petty child like Marshall? No thanks.

If the Chiefs were to get Boldin this would be the perfect time for it. Next year in all likely hood will be an uncapped year the chiefs can give him his money then. Boldin is not a huge diva reciver hes a Money diva as long as he gets paid he will be ok. GO CHIEFS!!!

Isawa_mo
09-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Is everyone else as surprised as I am that we have only made one move on the waiver wire? Do not get me wrong. If the management thinks what we have is the best we can do for now, I will hope they are right and cheer for the team as it is.

I just got the impression from them that there would be a whole lot more action than that. Maybe Pioli has some trades in the works behind the scenes?

McLovin
09-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I would imagine there are a lot of deals going on behind the scene, I have yet to hear of many of the roughly 750 cuts being resigned. Leads me to believe that there is a ton going on in the background.