PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsCrowd Short Story Thread.

honda522
05-23-2009, 04:34 PM
So we all have experiences in life, and some of those are worth telling to other people, either because they are funny, interesting, or sometimes just for kicks.

I think we all have many short stories we can tell, even though I am not that old, I have tons! So if you any please share them with us!

I will kick it off.

A few months ago, my parents and I went to see a movie. We were watching it and this part came up where Dicaripo had his fingers bashed with a hammer, it was rather awful looking. At the same time, there was this old lady in the row infront of us, who was coughing, I thought she was puking cause of what she saw at first. She wasn't covering her mouth and you could see spit flying all over.

Seconds later the older couple infront of her turned around and said COVER YOUR MOUTH. The lady didn't comply. The guy said it again and this time the spouse of the spitting lady gets freaking pissed and starts talking $h!t. The both get up like they are going to get into a fight. These people were like 70 years old...can you imagine a fight? :lol:

hermhater
05-23-2009, 04:41 PM
I've got an awesome story.

I bought a beer.

Then I drank it.

Then I repeated.

Vanilla Garilla
05-23-2009, 06:08 PM
So we all have experiences in life, and some of those are worth telling to other people, either because they are funny, interesting, or sometimes just for kicks.

I think we all have many short stories we can tell, even though I am not that old, I have tons! So if you any please share them with us!

I will kick it off.

A few months ago, my parents and I went to see a movie. We were watching it and this part came up where Dicaripo had his fingers bashed with a hammer, it was rather awful looking. At the same time, there was this old lady in the row infront of us, who was coughing, I thought she was puking cause of what she saw at first. She wasn't covering her mouth and you could see spit flying all over.

Seconds later the older couple infront of her turned around and said COVER YOUR MOUTH. The lady didn't comply. The guy said it again and this time the spouse of the spitting lady gets freaking pissed and starts talking !t. The both get up like they are going to get into a fight. These people were like 70 years old...can you imagine a fight? :lol:

Thats a good story Honda:bananen_smilies046:Arrowcash has been added for the good story. Anybody else with a good story can also get some arrowcash.

honda522
05-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Thats a good story Honda:bananen_smilies046:Arrowcash has been added for the good story. Anybody else with a good story can also get some arrowcash.

Thanks, that earns rep ;) :lol::bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
05-23-2009, 11:29 PM
There once was a man from Nantuckit...

AussieChiefsFan
05-24-2009, 05:06 AM
There once was a man from Nantuckit...
...who was quite fond of beer.

Hayvern
05-24-2009, 08:28 PM
OK I am going to try my hand at it.

This experience just happened this week.

I play in a band, many people on the board know this. Thursday night at rehearsal we had decided we were going to learn Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.

We started playing it and it was going well, we got to the chorus of the song there is a line in the song where Cobain sings "With the lights out, it's less dangerous" If you listen to the song you might not be able to make it out, but he sings it.

Anyway, at that exact moment as if on cue, the lights in the studio went out! They were only out for a split second, no more than 2 seconds, just long enough to get the entire band to stop, then they came back on.

Needless to say, we freaked, the guitar player ran out to find out who had been playing a joke on us, but there was nobody there. It took a good five minutes for everyone to settle down.

As it turns out, his wife had come out and had accidently turned off the lights while trying to reset a breaker or something. Her timing was perfect though.

Vanilla Garilla
05-24-2009, 09:03 PM

I play in a band, many people on the board know this. Thursday night at rehearsal we had decided we were going to learn Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.

We started playing it and it was going well, we got to the chorus of the song there is a line in the song where Cobain sings "With the lights out, it's less dangerous" If you listen to the song you might not be able to make it out, but he sings it.

Anyway, at that exact moment as if on cue, the lights in the studio went out! They were only out for a split second, no more than 2 seconds, just long enough to get the entire band to stop, then they came back on.

Needless to say, we freaked, the guitar player ran out to find out who had been playing a joke on us, but there was nobody there. It took a good five minutes for everyone to settle down.

As it turns out, his wife had come out and had accidently turned off the lights while trying to reset a breaker or something. Her timing was perfect though.

Nice story bud:bananen_smilies046: Talk about timing! Arrowcash donated.

GlennBree
05-25-2009, 12:24 PM
...who was quite fond of beer.

he liked his beer so much, that he would.........

Chiefster
05-25-2009, 03:01 PM
he liked his beer so much, that he would.........

ingest it through an IV hooked up to a keg.

GlennBree
05-25-2009, 03:04 PM
ingest it through an IV hooked up to a keg.

Well, that went well, until one day....

Chiefster
05-25-2009, 03:31 PM

That's some big time coincidence there.

Chiefster
05-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Well, that went well, until one day....

they ran out of Hops and tried to make it with hay...

GlennBree
05-25-2009, 05:27 PM
and so they went out to gather the hay....well, wouldn't you know it....

Chiefster
05-25-2009, 11:16 PM
they forgot they lived by the bay...

GlennBree
05-26-2009, 12:54 PM
so with no other choice at hand, they made their way....(yes...here goes....) down to the bay....

Chiefster
05-27-2009, 11:51 AM
with nothing else to say...

tornadospotter
05-30-2009, 11:20 PM
They bought some barley and hops by the bay

tammietailgator
05-31-2009, 01:04 AM
They bought some barley and hops by the bay

:lol: you crack me up!

Ok.... I have a story

The other day the kids were playing outside on the slip and slide and even thought they were being loud, I heard a bird in distress. I thought it was under the slip and slide .... but when I went to find it, it was stuck between a board and our house. So I moved the board and he hopped to safety under the deck. I think he was either hurt or just in shock, but right at that moment when I was feeling sooo good about saving this bird.... My cat ticker snuck up and ate it!!!!

bird in her mouth and wings flapping! It was horrible! Poor bird! But ticker just loves me now!

AussieChiefsFan
05-31-2009, 01:06 AM

Ok.... I have a story

The other day the kids were playing outside on the slip and slide and even thought they were being loud, I heard a bird in distress. I thought it was under the slip and slide .... but when I went to find it, it was stuck between a board and our house. So I moved the board and he hopped to safety under the deck. I think he was either hurt or just in shock, but right at that moment when I was feeling sooo good about saving this bird.... My cat ticker snuck up and ate it!!!!

bird in her mouth and wings flapping! It was horrible! Poor bird! But ticker just loves me now!What's the slip & slide??

tammietailgator
05-31-2009, 01:11 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/05/24.jpg

AussieChiefsFan
05-31-2009, 01:12 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/05/24.jpg
I'd love to own one of those!:D

tammietailgator
05-31-2009, 01:14 AM
They should sell them in Australia.

Hey Vern! Tell me somebody recorded that!!!! I want to see!

AussieChiefsFan
05-31-2009, 01:15 AM
They should sell them in Australia
They probably do, but not by that name.:bananen_smilies046:

KristofLaw
05-31-2009, 09:18 AM
An interesting thing happened during a trip through British Columbia. It was during a family trip with my mother and my sister's little ones. I was the driver...

The trip had been long, I drove through Alberta all night and eastern BC, along the Crowsnest highway during the dark morning hours. The sun was slowly rising as I was leaving Creston after a brief stop for some coffee/juice and a morning rest stop.

I began the slow climb into a pass, I cannot recall the name of, as the kids in the back were beginning to wake up one by one. My mom in the passenger side was snapping some random pics, a favorite hobby of hers.

The highway had been fairly quiet for most of the night and was absolutely desolate for most of the early morning. Now with each half-mile we were slowly catching up to more and more vehicles.

Fully in the pass now, with a fantastic view of everything below in the valley, we round a corner and find the highway to be quite slowed up. Turns out there are some Big Horns crossing... as we get to where everyone, about 20 cars on both sides, is stopped for these big buggers, my mom says the camera isn't working. She pulls out her other one and finds this one has no film.

Yeah, everyone on the opposite side is stopped because a male Big Horn has his head lowered for a charge against... you guessed it, a Dodge Ram. Darn camera, I wonder if they would have bought that pic, but whatever, a fantastic memory of a great trip.

Sorry to be long winded, just thought I'd share that.

Chiefster
06-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Ok.... I have a story

bird in her mouth and wings flapping! It was horrible! Poor bird! But ticker just loves me now!

HA! Hey the food chain and all.