PDA

View Full Version : I hope Jamal Charles wll....

honda522
05-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Man up this year and play like he did in TEXAS!

Yea, I am getting really bored waiting for this season to start. I'm sick of life with no football.

For your enjoyment...

YouTube - Colt McCoy to Jamaal Charles: 72-yard TD Pass

YouTube - Jamaal Charles 80yd TD Run against o.u.

YouTube - Jamaal Charles 75 yard TD run vs Oklahoma State
YouTube - Jamaal Charles 75-yard TD run vs. Oklahoma State

Three7s
05-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Won't have to worry too much if our O-line makes the holes for him.

Vanilla Garilla
05-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah I'm hoping the same, he showed flashes last season, and I can't wait to see him progress as a player.

SDChief09
05-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Love This Kid, I really think he can be a big time TD machine for years if given the chance, I feel he wasnt used correctly last season, in that first highlight....that looked like thigpen to charles one game this year up the sidelines, then he made a move...

I like his ability as a 3rd down guy, amazing speed, but still blocks, and can catch, although last year had some drop problems on screen passes.

josh1971
05-26-2009, 03:26 AM
Nice highlights. SD, that's what I was saying in another thread- he'd make an awesome 3rd down/change of pace guy (like Todd McNair was for KC). Huge potential for big plays out of him.

jb

Chiefster
05-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Won't have to worry too much if our O-line makes the holes for him.

That, at this point, is the question.

dbolan
05-26-2009, 01:16 PM
I posted this in another thread:

I disagree. There are and were plenty of backs that were comparible in size (5'11'' 200lbs) that were very successful. Todd McNair and Charles are not even close to one another from an athletic standpoint.

Wonder why a guy that is near 6' and 200 lbs is usually deemed as "light, yet you can have a 5'9" RB at 190lbs and it's no big deal? I am sure Charles will put on a few few pounds as he matures physically.

Charles is a little bit smaller version of Dickerson and Allen while very close to Payton, yet he has better speed than all of them.

Chris Johnson of the Titans is an exact replica of Charles from a physical standpoint...Speed included. He was actually "used" properly in his first year and I think he will become a 20-25 carry per game back as well.

Eric Dickerson: 6'3" 220lbs

Marcus Allen: 6'2" 210 lbs

Walter Payton 5'10" 202 lbs

Chris Johnson 5'11" 200 lbs: 4.2 speed and Runner-up Rookie of the year.

Jamaal Charles 5'11" 200lbs: 4.2 40yd dash

Bosco
05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
It comes down to the oline and if they are going to help him at all.

Chiefster
05-27-2009, 01:24 AM
I sure hope so, but I'm not betting the farm just yet.

texaschief
05-27-2009, 03:58 AM
I posted this in another thread:

I disagree. There are and were plenty of backs that were comparible in size (5'11'' 200lbs) that were very successful. Todd McNair and Charles are not even close to one another from an athletic standpoint.

Wonder why a guy that is near 6' and 200 lbs is usually deemed as "light, yet you can have a 5'9" RB at 190lbs and it's no big deal? I am sure Charles will put on a few few pounds as he matures physically.

Charles is a little bit smaller version of Dickerson and Allen while very close to Payton, yet he has better speed than all of them.

Chris Johnson of the Titans is an exact replica of Charles from a physical standpoint...Speed included. He was actually "used" properly in his first year and I think he will become a 20-25 carry per game back as well.

Eric Dickerson: 6'3" 220lbs

Marcus Allen: 6'2" 210 lbs

Walter Payton 5'10" 202 lbs

Chris Johnson 5'11" 200 lbs: 4.2 speed and Runner-up Rookie of the year.

Jamaal Charles 5'11" 200lbs: 4.2 40yd dash

EXACTLY.

Charles has the speed AND size to be an every-down back. He's also the best pass blocker on the team. My feelings wouldn't be hurt in the least if LJ were traded for a draft pick or two while promoting JC to the featured back role.

You've gotta think he's going to be the "featured back" anyway. With Haley coming on board, there's going to be a bigger emphasis on passing the ball and they're not going to want LJ back there pass blocking or receiving passes out of the backfield. So, unless Gailey has a bigger role in calling the offense than most of us think, Charles will probably supplant LJ as the RB who gets the most reps this season. I just hope they utilize him as a weapon instead of just a blocker.

Three7s
05-28-2009, 03:35 AM
How on earth is our O-line better? We still got Sackintosh on the right side stinking it up, and who knows about Waters. Sure, we got Goff and Albert's alright, but I find it hard to believe that it's gonna improve. I think it'll probably be the same.

pbatrucker
05-28-2009, 07:10 AM
How on earth is our O-line better? We still got Sackintosh on the right side stinking it up, and who knows about Waters. Sure, we got Goff and Albert's alright, but I find it hard to believe that it's gonna improve. I think it'll probably be the same.

This assuming Waters will be hear. Alpert (for a rookie) was solid last year and should be better this year, Waterrs we don't even have to discuss, Niswanger if he is the starter will have a year under his belt at center and should be better, Goff will be solid at RG. RT is a concern and I would be more at ease if we picked up one of the decent OT's still available.
With that said, the play of the RG last year was terrible, Niswanger, playing a new position had to concentrate on his duties and cover for the RG's mistakes. McIntosh, not the most agile OL around was in the same situation.
So even if we don't pick up any to play RT, with the addition of Goff, a solid player and another veteran leader to help Waterrs our OL should be better.
:11:

honda522
05-28-2009, 10:00 AM
4 out 5 decent lineman aren't that bad.

Bike
05-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Agreed. Goona take more than one off-season to fix all the holes Herm and CP left us.

dbolan
05-28-2009, 02:24 PM

I think if the MGMT thought he was that bad, or unsalvageable, they would have sought a sure replacement by now....And, they still can.

I have a feeling that a lot of the post-Herm players which are still there will "nut-up" and be better than they were last year. If not, they will surely be on the "replacement" list next off-season.

Three7s
05-30-2009, 12:50 AM
Well, we'll still give up a lot of sacks with Sackintosh here, but I'll admit that our running game should be better. You'd just better pray that Waters stays or were screwed.

Bike
05-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Well, we'll still give up a lot of sacks with Sackintosh here, but I'll admit that our running game should be better. You'd just better pray that Waters stays or were screwed.
Waters will stay. He's under contract. If he decides not to show, it will cost him big time - not to mention what this will do to his legacy by not playing his last year (or 2nd to last) in the NFL.
I could care a less what he does. I don't want anybody here that doesn't want to be a Chief. We won't be screwed. We'll just find somebody younger to replace him. Thats why Pioli gets paid the big bucks.