PDA

View Full Version : (Warfield) Did preformance or past issues get him canned?

KC-Krazo
06-03-2006, 03:26 PM
I think it was a effort to clean up the team. Kinda a example to all. :-o A even though we need you. You messed up for the last time thing.

Chiefster
06-04-2006, 12:36 AM
I think it my have been a combination of the two.

KC-Krazo
06-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Chiefster wrote:
I think it my have been a combination of the two. Or three or four D.U.I 's he's had? :roll:

Chiefster
06-04-2006, 01:44 AM
KC-Krazo wrote:

Chiefster wrote:
I think it my have been a combination of the two. Or three or four D.U.I 's he's had? :roll:

...at least.

Guru
06-04-2006, 10:50 PM
I can't complain too much about his performance. He was good while he was with us. His off the field stuff is what pushed him over the top.

Chiefster
06-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Guru wrote:
I can't complain too much about his performance. He was good while he was with us. His off the field stuff is what pushed him over the top.

I thought this last season with us was a bit sub par; but that too could be due to his off field personal problems.

Guru
06-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

I thought this last season with us was a bit sub par; but that too could be due to his off field personal problems.

I thought he pretty much did his usual average self.

Chiefster
06-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

I thought he pretty much did his usual average self.

..Could be; I just thought his performance lacked a little bit. Maybe I feel that way because he couldn't play the entire season.

Guru
06-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Chiefster wrote:
..Could be; I just thought his performance lacked a little bit. Maybe I feel that way because he couldn't play the entire season.

It did hurt us, not having him for the first 4 games.

Not near as much as losing Roaf hurt us though.

Chiefster
06-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

It did hurt us, not having him for the first 4 games.

Not near as much as losing Roaf hurt us though.

Oh man; for sure! I hope that guy can stay healthy this year.

Guru
06-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Chiefster wrote:

You and me both, my friend. :pint:

Chiefster
06-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

You and me both, my friend. :pint:

:-D :pint: :hammer:

KC-Krazo
06-05-2006, 06:00 AM
Are you guys kidding me? Warfield wasn't feared by any QB. He had to go. His reaction time and closing speed were degrading fast.

Chiefster
06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
KC-Krazo wrote:
Are you guys kidding me? Warfield wasn't feared by any QB. He had to go. His reaction time and closing speed were degrading fast.

No not kidding at all; I thought his game had diminished some this last season and stated so. That being said I think his propensity for off field trouble also affected his abilities on the field. I don't care how much training you do, if you don't play until the fifth game of the season it's going to take some time to shake off some of that early season rust. IMO

Guru
06-06-2006, 01:39 AM
KC-Krazo wrote:

He only really got completly burned 2 times last year. The rest of the time, it took nearly perfect throws to beat him the rest of the way.

Yes, I do remember Buffalo. One of those TDs was a PERFECT throw. The other was a complet BURN. Plus, He only had about 2 games under his belt and it was only his first start of the year.

I can cut him a break for that bad showing.

Chiefster
06-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Guru wrote:

KC-Krazo wrote:

He only really got completly burned 2 times last year. The rest of the time, it took nearly perfect throws to beat him the rest of the way.

Yes, I do remember Buffalo. One of those TDs was a PERFECT throw. The other was a complet BURN. Plus, He only had about 2 games under his belt and it was only his first start of the year.

I can cut him a break for that bad showing.

Agreed, and this was the point I was making earlier; ya just can't start the season late and expect to have your football legs yet.

Guru
06-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Chiefster wrote:
Agreed, and this was the point I was making earlier; ya just can't start the season late and expect to have your football legs yet.

all things considered, his football legs were pretty good for being out all that time. Like I said, that was a PERFECT throw and he was right there. I don't think he tips that pass even if his jump was timed perfectly.

Chiefster
06-06-2006, 02:43 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

all things considered, his football legs were pretty good for being out all that time. Like I said, that was a PERFECT throw and he was right there. I don't think he tips that pass even if his jump was timed perfectly.

I agree; I was merely making the point that you had expounded on earlier that it was only his second start of the season, and you're right it was a flawless pass.

Guru
06-06-2006, 02:52 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

I agree; I was merely making the point that you had expounded on earlier that it was only his second start of the season, and you're right it was a flawless pass.

Sorry. Wasn't being argumentative. Guess I am just hoping Krazo might take it into consideration since he seems more turned off by Warfield than the two of us were.

Chiefster
06-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Sorry. Wasn't being argumentative. Guess I am just hoping Krazo might take it into consideration since he seems more turned off by Warfield than the two of us were.

Nah; I didn't take it that way at all. All the points that I was making was for Krazo's benefit. No need for apologies; I'm quite enjoying the conversation. :-D

KC-Krazo
06-06-2006, 11:28 AM
No Sweat guys My dissatisfaction for warfield is in breaking up passes. He lets his man catch the ball to much. He is there to kill the forward progress. Thats all im saying. Or i very well may be expecting to much from a vet. :roll:

Chiefster
06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
KC-Krazo wrote:
No Sweat guys My dissatisfaction for warfield is in breaking up passes. He lets his man catch the ball to much. He is there to kill the forward progress. Thats all im saying. Or i very well may be expecting to much from a vet. :roll:

That's a valid point, and we weren’t tryin to gang up on ya; in fact varying opinions are welcome and encouraged here. :-D

KC-Krazo
06-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey if you wanna say im full of it go for it. I'm a true CHIEFS FAN! Frustrated yup :-o Tierd of having a crappy defence? Thats a huge YUP!! But i can also name a few that shoulda been shown the door 2 years ago. :roll: If Simms doesn't show up for a full year i dont even see how Hali will even help us :-o WoW so much for this being about Eric lol. I,m really hopin for the perfect year. 8-) 8-)

Guru
06-06-2006, 11:52 PM
KC-Krazo wrote:
Hey if you wanna say im full of it go for it. I'm a true CHIEFS FAN! Frustrated yup :-o Tierd of having a crappy defence? Thats a huge YUP!! But i can also name a few that shoulda been shown the door 2 years ago. :roll: If Simms doesn't show up for a full year i dont even see how Hali will even help us :-o WoW so much for this being about Eric lol. I,m really hopin for the perfect year. 8-) 8-)

You can't be a TRUE Chiefs fan unless you are full of it. That is a requirement. So, that being said....

You are full of it!!! :-D

Hey, give the Chiefs credit... Gregg Robinson was shown the door. One year too late but at least it happened. Yeah, I know he "stepped down" in my mind Carl gave him an ultimatim. Plain and simple.

Chiefster
06-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Guru wrote:

KC-Krazo wrote:

You can't be a TRUE Chiefs fan unless you are full of it. That is a requirement. So, that being said....

You are full of it!!! :-D

Hey, give the Chiefs credit... Gregg Robinson was shown the door. One year too late but at least it happened. Yeah, I know he "stepped down" in my mind Carl gave him an ultimatim. Plain and simple.

Well since you told me that I am not a true chiefs fan does that then mean that I am not full of it? :-D

Guru
06-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Well since you told me that I am not a true chiefs fan does that then mean that I am not full of it? :-D

I never said you were not a true Chiefs fan. I said you were not a REAL fan.

Chiefster
06-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

I never said you were not a true Chiefs fan. I said you were not a REAL fan.

Well; I'm glad you cleared that up for me. :roll: :-D

Guru
06-07-2006, 01:27 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Hey, talk to Carl about it not me. :hammer:

Chiefster
06-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Hey, talk to Carl about it not me. :hammer:

DANG IT CARL!!! :hammer:

KC-Krazo
06-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Carl,Carl,Carl when will the madness end? :-?

chief31
06-07-2006, 12:47 PM
I fealt Warfield had a breakout season last year.He will never be a shutdown corner. so, if you provide no pressure on the opposing QB,he will allow his man to catch the ball,as most will.But I was thrilled with his tackling improvment.The previous two seasons (at least)were horrific.Everybody was terrible at tackling.But last season Warfield became a dead end for ballcarriers.I will say it until everyone knows it...Stop the feet,and you have stopped the ballcarrier.Watch Sammie.Unless he has a blindsiding shot, or a running back up the gut,he'll sumarine 'em and stop them here and now.

Chiefster
06-07-2006, 01:02 PM
chief31 wrote:
I fealt Warfield had a breakout season last year.He will never be a shutdown corner. so, if you provide no pressure on the opposing QB,he will allow his man to catch the ball,as most will.But I was thrilled with his tackling improvment.The previous two seasons (at least)were horrific.Everybody was terrible at tackling.But last season Warfield became a dead end for ballcarriers.I will say it until everyone knows it...Stop the feet,and you have stopped the ballcarrier.Watch Sammie.Unless he has a blindsiding shot, or a running back up the gut,he'll sumarine 'em and stop them here and now.

Good point; I don't know how many times I've seen defenders try to tackle a strong running back up high and finally getting them to the ground after being carried for five yards. Take their feet out from under them and they go down right at the point of attack.

Chiefster
06-07-2006, 01:04 PM
KC-Krazo wrote:
Carl,Carl,Carl when will the madness end? :-?

Not for another four years sadly.

Guru
06-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Chiefster wrote:

Good point; I don't know how many times I've seen defenders try to tackle a strong running back up high and finally getting them to the ground after being carried for five yards. Take their feet out from under them and they go down right at the point of attack.

I.E. Christian Okoye

Chiefster
06-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

I.E. Christian Okoye

Yep; even LJ.

KC-Krazo
06-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Earl campbell was hard to take down anywhere above the ankles.C/My Documents/My Pictures/earl

Guru
06-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Ahh, the 70's football games. I miss Tony Dorsett.

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Guru wrote:

I saw the guy run off tackle once on their own one yard line; 99 yards later he was doing a TD celebration.

Guru
06-09-2006, 01:26 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

I saw the guy run off tackle once on their own one yard line; 99 yards later he was doing a TD celebration.

Which was out of character for him.

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Which was out of character for him.

Yeah, come to think of it; I only saw it once. :-P

Guru
06-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Chiefster wrote:

He was a great role model at the time.

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 02:08 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

He was a great role model at the time.

Of course at the time I actually liked; dare I say it....Dallas. :-?

Guru
06-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Chiefster wrote:
[quote]

THat was when they TRULY were america's team. Coach Landry was the epitome of coaching.

Way to go Mr. Jones.

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:
[quote]

THat was when they TRULY were america's team. Coach Landry was the epitome of coaching.

Way to go Mr. Jones.

Tell me about it. Landry and Roger-Dodger! :hammer: