PDA

View Full Version : JJ Arrington to Chiefs? Cut by Broncs!

dbolan
05-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Looks like he could be a pick-up for us since he and Hailey are familiar with one another and besides..We are not super deeeep on RB's.

:D

Vanilla Garilla
05-28-2009, 03:44 PM
I personally think were fine on RB's, but arrington wouldnt be a bad pickup.

jmlamerson
05-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Looks like he could be a pick-up for us since he and Hailey are familiar with one another and besides..We are not super deeeep on RB's.

:D

Arrington isn't a great RB, and he flunked his physical with the Broncos. Maybe we could try him out at KR, where he showed some promise last year.

yashi
05-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Isn't Charles supposed to be our J.J. Arrington (with more carries)?

slc chief
05-28-2009, 07:16 PM
i would pass if it were up to me

Chiefster
05-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Heh.

honda522
05-28-2009, 11:04 PM
I personally think were fine on RB's, but arrington wouldnt be a bad pickup.
Word.

pbatrucker
05-29-2009, 05:00 AM
Imo!! No!!!:d

dbolan
05-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Arrington isn't a great RB, and he flunked his physical with the Broncos. Maybe we could try him out at KR, where he showed some promise last year.

Well, from what I read on another site, they seem to think that the Broncs have realized that they are loaded at RB and thus far, are very very pleased with what Moreno has shown. The Broncs also knew that Arrington had his knee cleaned up in the off season. So, in essence, I believe they cut him because they do not need anymore insurance at RB.

I agree that he is not "great" from what I seen but thought that Haley would probably like to pick him up for back-up insurance due to their familiararity with one another.

We shall see!

honda522
05-29-2009, 09:18 AM
No thanks, Donko rejects are not the answer.
Guess we should have never had Kennision then :lol:

dbolan
05-29-2009, 09:33 AM
I find it amusing that people had rather not take a player that could contribute just because they played for the Broncs, or Raiders, etc etc. LOL!

jmlamerson
05-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Well, from what I read on another site, they seem to think that the Broncs have realized that they are loaded at RB and thus far, are very very pleased with what Moreno has shown. The Broncs also knew that Arrington had his knee cleaned up in the off season. So, in essence, I believe they cut him because they do not need anymore insurance at RB.

I agree that he is not "great" from what I seen but thought that Haley would probably like to pick him up for back-up insurance due to their familiararity with one another.

We shall see!

No, they cut him because he flunked his physical:

J.J. Arrington flunks physical cut by Denver Broncos - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4210832)

Drafting Moreno may have been a factor, but the fact remains that Arrington just isn't healthy enough to be a major contributor to a team.

dbolan
05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
No, they cut him because he flunked his physical:

J.J. Arrington flunks physical cut by Denver Broncos - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4210832)

Drafting Moreno may have been a factor, but the fact remains that Arrington just isn't healthy enough to be a major contributor to a team.

Right...He failed "their" physical because of the knee he had worked on. Apparently, it has not healed as they expected but does not mean that he won't be okay by the start of the season

Listen Lamerson...I am not standing up here and saying "please sign Arrington!!" All I am saying is that he failed the Broncs physical after a surgery they knew he was having. Plus, they are "thick" at the RB position. It just "may" be a good pick-up in Haley's eyes and would follow suit with the system he has ran in the past. In my eyes, he would not be a starter regardless but he does bring some experience under Haley's past offensive scope.

If he can pass the Chiefs physical, then it could be a high possibility since we have 3 RB's....One, which has been in trouble and a problem to the team...Kolby is unproven and if I am not mistaken has had some knicks... and while I think Charles could take 20-25 carries/touches per game, we could still use a relief back-up/role player. Possibly a return man as you mentioned.

That's all! lol

dbolan
05-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Looks like there was more to it than failing the physical from the scope job....He needs microfracture surgery on the knee now...

Guess that pick-up can be ruled OUT! lol

RB ranks thinned as Arrington cut - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12461192)

SDChief09
06-02-2009, 05:31 PM
honestly he had a great chance in arizona and failed, hes hurt now, and we're loaded at RB no matter what people say...

I dont see the need.

Johnson/Charles/Williams/Battle are all roster spot ready,

and Kolby Smith depends on his rebound from that injury, maybe he spends the year on PuP and we can keep him.