PDA

View Full Version : Center position Wiegmann and who?



KC-Krazo
06-05-2006, 07:56 AM
We have a 2 year man and a rookie behind him. Kinda scary!We have been awfully lucky so far. Me i don't like the prospect of not having a decent backup avalable at the center pos. :-(

Chiefster
06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
KC-Krazo wrote:
We have a 2 year man and a rookie behind him. Kinda scary!We have been awfully lucky so far. Me i don't like the prospect of not having a decent backup avalable at the center pos. :-(

...True, but that might well be the train we'll have to ride; especially if we're saving the cap money for Law or to retain Gonzales.

Guru
06-06-2006, 12:44 AM
KC-Krazo wrote:
We have a 2 year man and a rookie behind him. Kinda scary!We have been awfully lucky so far. Me i don't like the prospect of not having a decent backup avalable at the center pos. :-(

It will work out. How do I know this? Because if it doesn't, we could be screwed. So it has to work out. With any luck, one of them is a diamond in the rough and the next star at the position.

Chiefster
06-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Guru wrote:


KC-Krazo wrote:
We have a 2 year man and a rookie behind him. Kinda scary!We have been awfully lucky so far. Me i don't like the prospect of not having a decent backup avalable at the center pos. :-(

It will work out. How do I know this? Because if it doesn't, we could be screwed. So it has to work out. With any luck, one of them is a diamond in the rough and the next star at the position.

Let us all hope so. :-D

KC-Krazo
06-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Just a thought but if we use casey blocking up the middle.Won't he be a bit small for that scheme.He is fast and a hell of a pulling center. But at 6'2 285 thats a bit light moving 300 plus pound gaurds backwards all game .

chief31
06-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Did I miss something?I thought Chris Bober was our backup.Please,fill me in if something has changed there.If not then there really is no discussion here.Chris Bober was a starter for the Giants for a couple years.He was their starter in '02 when they went to the playoffs.He's even our starting longsnapper.If he winds up taking Welbourns job, he'll still be the backup center.
But, seriously,please fill me in on his status.He is still listed on N.F.L. Chiefs depth chart.

Chiefster
06-07-2006, 02:20 PM
KC-Krazo wrote:
Just a thought but if we use casey blocking up the middle.Won't he be a bit small for that scheme.He is fast and a hell of a pulling center. But at 6'2 285 thats a bit light moving 300 plus pound gaurds backwards all game .

I agree, but hey; dynamite comes in small packages. I try not to judge a player solely on size alone.

Chiefster
06-07-2006, 02:21 PM
chief31 wrote:
Did I miss something?I thought Chris Bober was our backup.Please,fill me in if something has changed there.If not then there really is no discussion here.Chris Bober was a starter for the Giants for a couple years.He was their starter in '02 when they went to the playoffs.He's even our starting longsnapper.If he winds up taking Welbourns job, he'll still be the backup center.
But, seriously,please fill me in on his status.He is still listed on N.F.L. Chiefs depth chart.

As far as I know he is still the guy.

KC-Krazo
06-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Yup i saw it he is listed as backup for three positions . :-?

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 02:22 AM
KC-Krazo wrote:
Yup i saw it he is listed as backup for three positions . :-?

Geez! I never thought of football as a sport with utility players.

Guru
06-09-2006, 02:25 AM
Chiefster wrote:


KC-Krazo wrote:
Yup i saw it he is listed as backup for three positions . :-?

Geez! I never thought of football as a sport with utility players.

Thats what Maslowski was for quite some time before he won the starting job.

Chiefster
06-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Guru wrote:


Chiefster wrote:


KC-Krazo wrote:
Yup i saw it he is listed as backup for three positions . :-?

Geez! I never thought of football as a sport with utility players.

Thats what Maslowski was for quite some time before he won the starting job.

Wonder what ultimately happened with Maz???

milkman
07-01-2006, 10:47 PM
by KC-Krazo on 2006/6/7 9:46:39b
Just a thought but if we use casey blocking up the middle.Won't he be a bit small for that scheme.He is fast and a hell of a pulling center. But at 6'2 285 thats a bit light moving 300 plus pound gaurds backwards all game

The scheme, under Solari, isn't going to change.
The difference is that Solari will be less creative, or "cute", than Al was.

milkman
07-01-2006, 10:51 PM
by chief31 on 2006/6/7 12:11:20
Did I miss something?I thought Chris Bober was our backup.Please,fill me in if something has changed there.If not then there really is no discussion here.Chris Bober was a starter for the Giants for a couple years.He was their starter in '02 when they went to the playoffs.He's even our starting longsnapper.If he winds up taking Welbourns job, he'll still be the backup center.

I've never been impressed by Bober.

He is a scrub, who started in NY by default.

I'm hoping that this kid Niswanger can show physically, because he clearly has the intelligence required for the center position.

Chiefster
07-02-2006, 01:55 AM
milkman wrote:


I've never been impressed by Bober.

He is a scrub, who started in NY by default.

I'm hoping that this kid Niswanger can show physically, because he clearly has the intelligence required for the center position.

It will be interesting to see; we'll need someone who can step up in the absence of...can't think of the guys name; from Pitt State.

milkman
07-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Kendall Gammon.

But you're talking about long snappers now.

Gammon is the best, but he's slow, so is a non factor in covering punts.

Chiefs signed Adam Johnson to compete for the positin, but it's highly unlikely he can unseat Gammon.

Chiefs will only carry one long snapper, and Jared Allen can handle the responsibilty in a pinch.

The center position depth chart is Weiggman, Bober, and Niswanger.

Chiefster
07-02-2006, 02:25 AM
milkman wrote:
Kendall Gammon.

But you're talking about long snappers now.

Gammon is the best, but he's slow, so is a non factor in covering punts.

Chiefs signed Adam Johnson to compete for the positin, but it's highly unlikely he can unseat Gammon.

Chiefs will only carry one long snapper, and Jared Allen can handle the responsibilty in a pinch.

The center position depth chart is Weiggman, Bober, and Niswanger.

Thanks for the clearification; I forgot that Gammon was the long snapper only.