PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Chiefs: The Complete History DVD

Guru
08-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I think this qualifies for hardcore.

Found this DVD on shelves today at my local Blockbuster for only $20.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/08/18.jpg

It began with one man and a dream. It continued with Len Dawson, Willie Lanier, Hank Stram, and an upset in Super Bowl IV. Today, the history of the Kansas City Chiefs lives on in the finest stadium in the land with over 79,000 fans in a vibrant sea of red creating one of the NFL's greatest home field advantages. Now, for the first time, the Chiefs' story is available in this thrilling two-DVD set - The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs. From Lamar Hunt's quest to build a second professional football league, to Larry Johnson, Herman Edwards and the Chiefs of today, The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs takes you inside one of the NFL's finest franchises. Join NFL Films as they re-capture the team's greatest moments and profile the legendary names that circle the field at Arrowhead. Re-live the thrilling playoff victories, the heart-breaking defeats - all amidst the renown class and style that define the Kansas City Chiefs. The Complete History of the Kansas City Chiefs is a must for any Chiefs fan - buy yours today!

Over 345 minutes of stuff.

:bananen_smilies046::drunkhb::yahoo::D

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 06:45 PM
WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!!!

And, how do I get my copy!!!!!

Guru
08-07-2007, 07:12 PM
WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!!!

And, how do I get my copy!!!!!

Check your local blockbuster first. They have the cheapest price I have seen at $19.99. Otherwise, they are available on Amazon.

AkChief49
08-07-2007, 07:15 PM
awesome!, totally awesome!:sign0098:

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Check your local blockbuster first. They have the cheapest price I have seen at $19.99. Otherwise, they are available on Amazon.

Cool!!

Thanx!

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 07:25 PM
awesome!, totally awesome!:sign0098:

...Alright Hamilton!

AkChief49
08-07-2007, 07:43 PM
thanks, Spicolli!! ha

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 07:49 PM
thanks, Spicolli!! ha

Ha! I love that show! :D

AkChief49
08-07-2007, 07:50 PM
was a funny one....

Canada
08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I just got mine on amazon for $20.69...worked out to about $27 with S and H

chief31
08-07-2007, 08:54 PM
thanks, Spicolli!! ha

Well, make up your mind... Is he gonna shi+, or is he gonna kill us?

I'll be having to find a way to get this Chiefs DVD. Thanks for the info.

AkChief49
08-07-2007, 09:12 PM
[quote=chief31;15292]Well, make up your mind... Is he gonna shi+, or is he gonna kill us?

My dad's a tv repair-man..I can fix it!!:lol: that show had more great oneliners... I'm searching for my chiefs dvd. A must have for my collection

chief31
08-07-2007, 09:18 PM
[quote=chief31;15292]Well, make up your mind... Is he gonna shi+, or is he gonna kill us?

My dad's a tv repair-man..I can fix it!!:lol: that show had more great oneliners... I'm searching for my chiefs dvd. A must have for my collection

My dad has this ULTIMATE set of tools.... I can fix it.

Ya know, somewhere around here, we have a thread for this purpose...(Movie quotes.):D

Chiefster
08-07-2007, 11:17 PM
[quote=AkChief49;15301]

My dad has this ULTIMATE set of tools.... I can fix it.

Ya know, somewhere around here, we have a thread for this purpose...(Movie quotes.):D

I'll have to either dig it up or start another one.:D

Guru
08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Disc one is great. I was disappointed that they left out seasons 73-88 even if they were horrible. IT was still part of the Chiefs history.

There are some coaches highlights in the bonus features. One of them is all about our coaches interacting with the refs during games. Quite funny.

I will probably watch disc 2 tonight.

Chiefster
08-08-2007, 08:25 PM
...Can't wait to get mine; payday is Friday!

chief31
11-10-2007, 03:20 PM
I just got my copy today. I purchased it through Ebay on Monday, I believe.

I love it!!! I was slightly disapointed with the fact that there was only one, very brief, mention of an offensive lineman. Will Shields got his name mentioned one time. No Szott, Alt, Roaf...None of them were mentioned.

But it certainly brought back alot of great, and terrible, memories. Montana, Allen, Okoye, D.T... Plus alot of moments that I was not around for.

I say that if you are a Chiefs fan, you have to get this video, eventually.

hermhater
11-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Cool man!

I want that DVD bad.

What did you pay?

Chiefster
11-10-2007, 07:24 PM
It is: Awesome! Totally awesome!!!

hermhater
11-11-2007, 03:06 AM
It is: Awesome! Totally awesome!!!

I think Chiefster has a crush...........

:lol:

chief31
11-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Cool man!

I want that DVD bad.

What did you pay?

It wound-up costing me 21.95.

Guru
11-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Welcome to 2 months ago.

McLovin
11-11-2007, 11:59 AM
I just got my copy today. I purchased it through Ebay on Monday, I believe.

I love it!!! I was slightly disapointed with the fact that there was only one, very brief, mention of an offensive lineman. Will Shields got his name mentioned one time. No Szott, Alt, Roaf...None of them were mentioned.

But it certainly brought back alot of great, and terrible, memories. Montana, Allen, Okoye, D.T... Plus alot of moments that I was not around for.

I say that if you are a Chiefs fan, you have to get this video, eventually.
I know it is available to rent from Netflix also, when I asked for it though it was out, and by the time it came back in I had canceled my membership.

hermhater
11-11-2007, 12:06 PM
I know it is available to rent from Netflix also, when I asked for it though it was out, and by the time it came back in I had canceled my membership.

That means I will be having it within the week!

Welcome to 2 months ago my a$$!!!!!

:lol: :D

chief31
11-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Welcome to 2 months ago.

It would be nice to live in the "Here and Now", but finances dictate when I get to live. :D

hermhater
11-16-2007, 02:35 AM
I have that DVD at the top of my Netflix account!!!!

It will be here in a few days and I can't wait til I can make it mine!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guru
11-16-2007, 03:59 AM
OK, how many threads do we really need about this DVD?

Guru
11-16-2007, 04:04 AM
All threads about this have been merged. Lets try not to create more.

chief31
11-16-2007, 05:40 AM
I double-dog-dare you to try this with the beer/birds/cats threads.

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 05:58 AM
All threads about this have been merged. Lets try not to create more.

I think we need the "Posting and You" link again.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Guru
11-16-2007, 07:01 AM

I am more likely to just DELETE those.:11:

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 07:07 AM

Yep!

hermhater
11-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Yep!

I doubt anyone reads my threads anymore, so go ahead and do it!

hermhater
11-16-2007, 02:25 PM
I think we need the "Posting and You" link again.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I Billy?

:yahoo:

sling58
11-16-2007, 03:50 PM
I just got a new copy in!!! My old one got scratched so it needed to be replaced.

hermhater
11-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Make sure you back this one up man!

Better safe than sorry!

sling58
11-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Make sure you back this one up man!

Better safe than sorry!

Yeah I already took it to my neighbor and he will be doing that for me......I don't know how to do that stuff, not computer savy.

tornadospotter
11-16-2007, 08:25 PM
I do not have this yet, perhaps santa will bring me one this christmas. Don't suppose I could get some elves to drop hints for me. Where could I find these elves to do this. I will have a myspace site up soon, they could do it there, as my children will be able to view such hints there. :D

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I do not have this yet, perhaps santa will bring me one this christmas. Don't suppose I could get some elves to drop hints for me. Where could I find these elves to do this. I will have a myspace site up soon, they could do it there, as my children will be able to view such hints there. :D

It is a must see for the avid Chiefs fan! :)

tornadospotter
11-16-2007, 10:26 PM
It is a must see for the avid Chiefs fan! :)
When my my space site is up and running be sure to drop a hint for my family, you santa elf you. :D :yahoo:

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 10:45 PM
When my my space site is up and running be sure to drop a hint for my family, you santa elf you. :D :yahoo:

Just give me the link. :D

hermhater
11-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Just give me the link. :D

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/157.jpg

OOPS!!!

You broke it Chiefster!

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 10:53 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/157.jpg

OOPS!!!

You broke it Chiefster!

YouTube - (you are) The Weakest Link

hermhater
11-16-2007, 10:56 PM
YouTube - (you are) The Weakest Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZs0DX0HHqQ)

My God man!

Where did you find this disaster?

That video would drive a nun to drink!

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 10:58 PM
My God man!

Where did you find this disaster?

That video would drive a nun to drink!

http://www.youtube.com/

hermhater
11-16-2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/

HAH! :lol:

Canada
11-16-2007, 11:03 PM
HAH! :lol:

Is there a shortest post of the month contest for all the whores??

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Is there a shortest post of the month contest for all the whores??

Yup!

www.postwhoresofthemonth.com :lol:

hermhater
11-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Yup!

www.postwhoresofthemonth.com (http://www.postwhoresofthemonth.com) :lol:

You had me at Yup!

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 11:08 PM
You had me at Yup!

YouTube - You had me at hello

hermhater
11-16-2007, 11:12 PM
YouTube - You had me at hello (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z8--FlP9fY)

YouTube - Tom Cruise Attacks Oprah

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Cruise is an idiot. :lol:

tornadospotter
11-16-2007, 11:28 PM
YouTube - You had me at hello (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z8--FlP9fY)
One of the best, in a movie ever!

Chiefster
11-16-2007, 11:29 PM
One of the best, in a movie ever!

Never saw it.

tornadospotter
11-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Cruise is an idiot. :lol:
Yes he is, to give up a wife that he had! She is hot! Now the one he has now is good, but he is a a$$. I met him once in a movie theater, ok he was on the screen, I was in the seats, ok big deal, I was there, and he was a a$$.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Chiefster
11-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Yes he is, to give up a wife that he had! She is hot! Now the one he has now is good, but he is a a$$. I met him once in a movie theater, ok he was on the screen, I was in the seats, ok big deal, I was there, and he was a a$$.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I think he has a chemical imbalance in the brain and should be seeking medical treatment.

hermhater
11-17-2007, 12:24 AM
I think he has a chemical imbalance in the brain and should be seeking medical treatment.

YouTube - Tom Cruise On Psychiatry

Chiefster
11-17-2007, 12:26 AM
All I get is: "We're sorry, this video is no longer available.

Guru
11-17-2007, 02:24 AM
I doubt anyone reads my threads anymore, so go ahead and do it!

Wait! Who the heck are you?

hermhater
11-17-2007, 02:29 AM
Just another humble citizen trying to do my doodie!

tornadospotter
11-17-2007, 03:06 AM
Just another humble citizen trying to do my doodie!

:character00109::yahoo:

IlovetheChiefs
12-15-2007, 09:08 PM
The 2 disc dvd set of The history of the Kansas City Chiefs came out in August but, amazingly, I still haven't bought mine yet. But I plan to do so real soon. I'm sure it's a must for any Chiefs fan like me. And I'm sure I will really love seeing all the great footage of the best football team on earth from 1960 - present!

I'm curious though what other Chiefs fans here who have it think of it. The one thing that I was disappointed to hear was from this one Amazon review back in August:

"For the most part, this Chiefs history isn't bad. But, it's NOT COMPLETE. NFL films as chosen to COMPLETLY ignore KC Chiefs history from 1975 to 1988. What? How can a COMPLETE history NOT include those years? In the 1980's the Chiefs had players such as Bill Maas DL, Bill Kenney QB, Todd Blackledge (QB class of '83), Deron Cherry FS, Carlos Carson WR, Stephone Page WR, Nick Lowery K, Art Still DE, Keven Ross CB and many others. How could NFL films COMPLETLY ignore these fine players? I guess a COMPLETE history is only COMPLETE if the team is winning."

Now a later reviewer in September had this to say:

"The years between 1977 and 1989 are not dwelled upon nor should they, due to the fact that the Chiefs were not a good team except for 1986 and no Chiefs fan would want to relive it."

I see the point that the years from the 60's to early 70's and 1989-present should be more emphasized since there was much more success. But I still wish they at least would have gone through all the years since it was still Chiefs history. (In fact, I was all set and excited to order this a few months back until I learned of this disappointment. But now I think it's silly to not purchase and enjoy what there is included since it's THE CHIEFS!). Plus, seeing as how I started following the Chiefs in the mid 70's, the 1975-1988 years do hold a special place in my heart despite some rough years record wise.

Anyway, I'd love to see comments from Chiefs fans here about what you liked and/or didn't like about this dvd set, and what you think about the set ignoring (or largely ignoring) the 1975-1988 years. Amazon only has 5 total reviews.

Actually, I may better wait until after Christmas to order my copy because I can easily seeing this be something my family may get me for a present this year!

I LOVE THE CHIEFS!

Chiefster
12-15-2007, 09:13 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860

IlovetheChiefs
12-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh thanks Chiefster, and so sorry for starting another thread to this. I searched with the words "complete" and "history" first to see if this was an already existing thread but didn't find it. Sorry about that.

Looks like I have 7 pages of good reading about this dvd set now. :)

IlovetheChiefs
12-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Well maybe 3 or 4 pages and then the thread got off topic as most threads do! But I see the general consensus is that this is indeed a must for Chiefs fans and that, as Guru said, it's too bad the less successful period of 1975-1988 was not included since it's still Chiefs history (plus, there are always good players and some bright spots to mention from even bad years, like the Chiefs clobbering the Raiders 42-10 in '75 and winning in Dallas 34-31 on MNF, and winning the '84 opener with an upset at Pittsburgh!). I'm gonna get mine, either as a gift this Christmas, or from my own credit card soon after. :)

Chiefster
12-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Oh thanks Chiefster, and so sorry for starting another thread to this. I searched with the words "complete" and "history" first to see if this was an already existing thread but didn't find it. Sorry about that.

Looks like I have 7 pages of good reading about this dvd set now. :)

No problem, we've all had reposts. :)

hermhater
12-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I have ordered the set from netflix, but they only sent disc 2.

I have gone over and over their website and cannot find how to get disc 1.

OK, I see what happened. There is a bonus material disc.

I just added it and now I am stoked!

Canada
12-16-2007, 09:44 AM
It is an awesome disc. 4 hours and 45 minutes of Chiefs. I spent about 10 hours watching it the first day I got it. You will LOVE it!!

spiman
12-16-2007, 10:55 AM
What no one has burned it and sent me a copy yet? Well I dropped enough hints to those in the know so it is under the tree-or deaths will follow..I hope it is as goood as alll you Chiefs fans say it is. When I get mine I am going to burn it and give it my local Raiders fans..Ha
Hard to wait-come to think I am headed for the tree right now.

Canada
12-16-2007, 11:16 AM
What no one has burned it and sent me a copy yet? Well I dropped enough hints to those in the know so it is under the tree-or deaths will follow..I hope it is as goood as alll you Chiefs fans say it is. When I get mine I am going to burn it and give it my local Raiders fans..Ha

I would have but i don;t know how to burn dvds and i dont know our address

Chiefster
12-16-2007, 11:46 AM

Last time I burned a DVD it was real crispy.

spiman
12-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Crispy would happen when the Chiefs win.. Website called DvDFab Platinum4. Was on sale this month. I stand by it. It went through Ratatouille no problem and that was the hardest yet. Did American Ganster last month.All this for my own personnel use only..

prough91
12-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Last time I burned a DVD it was real crispy.

Mine melted.

McLovin
12-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Crispy would happen when the Chiefs win.. Website called DvDFab Platinum4. Was on sale this month. I stand by it. It went through Ratatouille no problem and that was the hardest yet. Did American Ganster last month.All this for my own personnel use only..

Agreed I still like DVD shrink though ( for personal backup purposes only of course) DVD Shrink is free, it is easy and it still works with 90 percent of movies or more. I use DVDFab HD the free version of that, with that and Shrink I was able to do Ratatouille, which I also believe was the hardest DVD I have seen to date.

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 09:14 AM
It is an awesome disc. 4 hours and 45 minutes of Chiefs. I spent about 10 hours watching it the first day I got it. You will LOVE it!!

You are so right, I LOVE it! :D

I got this as a Christmas present (along with Chiefs fuzzy dice and another Chiefs mug). I had to work yesterday, then I watched "The Nativity Story", then opened my gifts. So I started to watch this last evening and loved the first hour or so. But then kept falling asleep.

NOT because I stopped loving it but because I often can't watch tv for very long in the evenings without falling asleep if I've worked earlier in the day. I kept waking up realizing I missed the last 15-30 minutes or so and rewound it to where I last saw. But then a couple minutes later it was zzzzzzz again! After five more times of this I gave up and went to bed.

But now I am rested and have the whole day off so am looking forward to more of this dvd! I love how much Len Dawson (my favorite Chief of all time) football scenes and commentary there is. And I love when the Chiefs won the Super Bowl and he said, "The Chiefs are the greatest team in the UNIVERSE!"

So I saw all the great parts from 1960-1972. I'm up to where they mentioned the Chiefs hired Paul Wiggin for '75 and how the Chiefs were in a decline for the most part through 1988. But I'm glad they did bring up that in Wiggin's first game against the Raiders the Chiefs whipped them 42-10. (I'd love to see THAT game released on dvd!)

So it'll be great to see all the other Chief stuff here. Like at one of the points I woke up they were showing Dante Hall returning a kick and said how he was called "the human joystick".

And dvds like this will always be fun for repeat viewings.

By the way, Canada, when you spent about 10 hours watching it the first day does that also include a few doze off periods too, heh?!

Canada
12-26-2007, 10:07 AM
By the way, Canada, when you spent about 10 hours watching it the first day does that also include a few doze off periods too, heh?!

No dozing for me, but I got the DVD on my day off and i was well rested!! Glad you are enjoying it!! :bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Just thoroughly enjoyed some more of it. Great to see lots of footage of our '93 playoff wins against Pittsburgh and Houston. Marty did a heck of a job for us in his tenure.

And I like an inspiring thing Marty said. He was talking about how the Raiders always seemed to be trying to intimidate. And he said he'd tell his players, "We're not going to be intimidated. We might lose the game, but they won't intimidate us." I like that. He's acknowledging that in life winning isn't necessarily a guarantee no matter how hard you try. But your own attitudes and efforts are totally in your control regardless. :)

I had to stop for a while after just seeing the sad part about the Derrick Thomas death in 2000. But the last words of that segment were touching: "Derrick Thomas will always be a Kansas City Chief" (said at Kemper Arena funeral service).

Canada
12-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Just thoroughly enjoyed some more of it. Great to see lots of footage of our '93 playoff wins against Pittsburgh and Houston. Marty did a heck of a job for us in his tenure.

And I like an inspiring thing Marty said. He was talking about how the Raiders always seemed to be trying to intimidate. And he said he'd tell his players, "We're not going to be intimidated. We might lose the game, but they won't intimidate us." I like that. He's acknowledging that in life winning isn't necessarily a guarantee no matter how hard you try. But your own attitudes and efforts are totally in your control regardless. :)

I had to stop for a while after just seeing the sad part about the Derrick Thomas death in 2000. But the last words of that segment were touching: "Derrick Thomas will always be a Kansas City Chief" (said at Kemper Arena funeral service).

that is a tough part to watch without a tear in your eye!!

prough91
12-26-2007, 10:50 AM
that is a tough part to watch without a tear in your eye!!

Girl.

Canada
12-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Girl.

No, I am a guy so you can stop sending me those dirty pm's cause no matter what you offer me I will NOT join you and HH for a night of "fun". Please leave me alone

Canada
12-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Mine melted.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha melted....when you burned the DVD....hahahahahahahahahahaha.....that is gold.... hahahahahahahahaha....where do you come up with this stuff.....hahahahahahahahaha....melted

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Girl.

Ah but notice he said "a" tear, instead of "tears". We gridiron guys are allowed "a" tear once in a while, heh!

Canada
12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Ah but notice he said "a" tear, instead of "tears". We gridiron guys are allowed "a" tear once in a while, heh!

YEAH Prough so STFU!! Thanks man!! :bananen_smilies046:

prough91
12-26-2007, 10:58 AM

Don't let him fool you. He just wants to get emotional so tim will hold him in his arms and comfort him.

Canada
12-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Don't let him fool you. He just wants to get emotional so tim will hold him in his arms and comfort him.

Ahh your just jealous that HH hasn't gotten up and made u breakfast like he said he would!!

prough91
12-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Ahh your just jealous that HH hasn't gotten up and made u breakfast like he said he would!!

I don't want to watch him throw up eggs.

Canada
12-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't want to watch him throw up eggs.

then put your pants on.

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Also a lot of shots of our great fans at Arrowhead. Sure, any team has footage of their fans cheering excitedly in the stands. But the Chiefs fans, they really have their hearts in it big time! Like how they grab each other as they are jumping wildly up and down. And also when the Donkeys beat us at Arrowhead in '97, you can see the real pain and brokenheartedness in the expression of Chiefs fans.

hermhater
12-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I have been saving this to watch until I got the second disc.

They are both in my possession now, and I have just hit the play button!

I have goosebumps!!!!

hermhater
12-26-2007, 03:21 PM
The Texans (Chiefs) just won the '62 AFL championship game!

This is awesome!!!

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 04:48 PM
The Texans (Chiefs) just won the '62 AFL championship game!

This is awesome!!!

Cool you are now first experiencing this now too! And yes, while we never will say "Yay Houston Texans!" we can certainly say, "Yay Dallas Texans!"

I finished the complete history part of the dvd and then watched some of the bonus features. And while it was too bad they brushed over most of the 1973-1988 years of the Chiefs (which I knew was the case as we've discussed before), I was really glad to see lots of footage from great plays during this era included in the bonus material! Like we get to see Ed Podolak's run against Cleveland in '76 when he became (at the time) the all time Chiefs leading rusher.

And we get to see Ted McKight's 82 yd run in 1979. And Bill Kenney throw a td pass to Stephone Paige in the 1985 game against S.D. where Paige got 309 yards receiving. And Carlos Carson in 1983 (been a long time since I thought about that Chiefs receiver)!

I'm looking forward to seeing the defensive highlights of the special features. I'm sure there'll be lots of Deron Cherry from the 80's!

hermhater
12-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I just started watching the Extra material, this is the part about the Hall of Famers!

Otis Taylor is catching TD's left and right!

Go Chiefs!!!

Canada
12-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Glad you boys are enjoying it. Makes me want to put mine on again when I get home!!

hermhater
12-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Glad you boys are enjoying it. Makes me want to put mine on again when I get home!!

Now Marcus Allen is running all over opponents!!1

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 05:00 PM

Nothing like a Chiefs craving! Glad we're creating a thirst for you. :bananen_smilies046: heh!

I just started watching the Extra material, this is the part about the Hall of Famers!

Otis Taylor is catching TD's left and right!

Go Chiefs!!!

Now Marcus Allen is running all over opponents!!1

To use modern terminology since I don't think it would have been said of these guys back then, Otis Taylor and Marcus Allen were BEASTS! :lol:

Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada
12-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Nothing like a Chiefs craving! Glad we're creating a thirst for you. :bananen_smilies046: heh!

Now I have a whole new thirst I have to satisfy!! :drunkhb:

chief31
12-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Funny how wn eight-game losing skid can take the enthusiasm out of ya. I have been concentrating all of my Chiefs energy toward praying that we get some serious O-line studs this coming offseason.

Canada
12-26-2007, 05:06 PM
I am still enthusiastic. I saw a girl in the hospital today wearin a Packers sweater and I alsked her if she was in to have it removed!! lol. then I told her how good she would look in Red and advised her to go immediately to the store and buy a Chiefs sweater and whatever problem brought her to the hospital would be forgotten!!

hermhater
12-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Funny how wn eight-game losing skid can take the enthusiasm out of ya. I have been concentrating all of my Chiefs energy toward praying that we get some serious O-line studs this coming offseason.

I just beg for a win every single week.

I just can't bring myself to ask for a 9 game losing streak, even if it helps us in the draft.

I guess I am too emotionally tied to the team, to ever want to see them fail.

hermhater
12-26-2007, 05:12 PM
I am still enthusiastic. I saw a girl in the hospital today wearin a Packers sweater and I alsked her if she was in to have it removed!! lol. then I told her how good she would look in Red and advised her to go immediately to the store and buy a Chiefs sweater and whatever problem brought her to the hospital would be forgotten!!

That is hilarious dude!

prough91
12-26-2007, 09:55 PM

Wow, you really suck at flirtin. Did that line work on tim?

Chiefster
12-26-2007, 10:15 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

I told a girl once who had just recently dyed her hair blond that she had "such beautiful blond hair; why do you dye your roots black?"

I don't know why I was reminded of that situation, but I just thought I'd share. :D

hermhater
12-27-2007, 12:11 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

I told a girl once who had just recently dyed her hair blond that she had "such beautiful blond hair; why do you dye your roots black?"

I don't know why I was reminded of that situation, but I just thought I'd share. :D

On a similar note...

My ex wife had dark brown hair and decided to bleach it blond for some reason...

A lady told her that she really didn't need to be darkening her eyebrows...

What the hell did that even mean?

Any ladies on the site care to comment?

McLovin
12-27-2007, 12:37 AM

See that is where you and me differ, I would have just asked her to take it off, Invite her back to my hospital room and left it at that lol.

Even a Packers sweatshirt looks good piled in the corner of my room.

Chiefster
12-27-2007, 01:03 AM
On a similar note...

My ex wife had dark brown hair and decided to bleach it blond for some reason...

A lady told her that she really didn't need to be darkening her eyebrows...

What the hell did that even mean?

Any ladies on the site care to comment?

Heh! :lol::lol:

Chiefster
12-27-2007, 01:04 AM

Hey I found her picture.

hermhater
12-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Hey I found her picture.

sling58
12-31-2007, 08:32 AM
I have the DVD and I love it.

hermhater
01-01-2008, 04:23 AM
I have the DVD and I love it.

I think it should win an Oscar!

Why are the Chiefs not getting awards?

IlovetheChiefs
01-01-2008, 07:31 AM
I think it should win an Oscar!

Why are the Chiefs not getting awards?

Last night I watched the extra features part with the coaches. Wasn't that hilarious some of the things they shouted to the zebras and players? Like when the ref ruled it a good catch for the other team, a coach (I forgot who; I think Hank Stram) said hey ref that's NOT a good catch, look right here, YOU CAN SEE ONE CLEAT MARK IN THE GROUND IS IN BOUNDS AND ONE CLEAT MARK IS OUT!

And to a player during practice a coach said, C'mon this looks like we're havin' a pillow fight!

Since they didn't get oscars for that they should at least get these kind of oscars: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/2.jpg http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/2.jpg http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/2.jpg http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/2.jpg http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/2.jpg http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/2.jpg http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/2.jpg

McLovin
01-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Good thing this DVD was released before this miserable season. And too bad this season is now a permanent part of Chiefs history.

Chiefster
01-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Good thing this DVD was released before this miserable season. And too bad this season is now a permanent part of Chiefs history.

Agreed!

GoDJGoDJ
01-01-2008, 01:37 PM
The DVD is nice to have IMO. My few minor gripes would be as others have mentioned. They didn't touch on good players who played during bad seasons (Art Still, Gary Barbaro, Deron Cherry, Lloyd Burress, etc.). They didn't cover some of the disappointing playoff loses during the Marty years (I know it would hurt to see them again - but it is part of the history).

They made some strange editorial choices in order to move things along faster. For example, during the section where they discuss Trent Green's season ending injury VS. the Bengals. They cut to a soundbite of Herm's where he discusses the need to move forward. At the same time they intercut a shot of Herm clapping on the sideline among the injury footage. The clapping was clearly from a different point in the game. The more representative way of doing this would have been to deal with the injury and then cut to the press conference where Herm made his statements. But that would add to the running time, which I guess they were trying to avoid.

All in all it's nice to have, though far from complete as many important Chiefs players & units (the defense during the 90's for example) weren't discussed as much as I would have liked.

Guru
01-01-2008, 01:49 PM
The DVD is nice to have IMO. My few minor gripes would be as others have mentioned. They didn't touch on good players who played during bad seasons (Art Still, Gary Barbaro, Deron Cherry, Lloyd Burress, etc.). They didn't cover some of the disappointing playoff loses during the Marty years (I know it would hurt to see them again - but it is part of the history).

They made some strange editorial choices in order to move things along faster. For example, during the section where they discuss Trent Green's season ending injury VS. the Bengals. They cut to a soundbite of Herm's where he discusses the need to move forward. At the same time they intercut a shot of Herm clapping on the sideline among the injury footage. The clapping was clearly from a different point in the game. The more representative way of doing this would have been to deal with the injury and then cut to the press conference where Herm made his statements. But that would add to the running time, which I guess they were trying to avoid.

All in all it's nice to have, though far from complete as many important Chiefs players & units (the defense during the 90's for example) weren't discussed as much as I would have liked.

Unfortunately, it is probably the closest to complete we will ever see.

Chiefster
01-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately, it is probably the closest to complete we will ever see.

Yeah I would love to have been able to see the compete Super bowl 4, but hear that it was destroyed.

Guru
01-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah I would love to have been able to see the compete Super bowl 4, but hear that it was destroyed.
http://www.warnervideo.com/profootballdvd/video.ind.superbowlix.html

IlovetheChiefs
01-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Can sometimes find them individually too but not sure always if the sites are as reputable as ones like Amazon.

Here's a description from one of them (I cite this just to highlight and note what is said about Len Dawson!)

Super Bowl 4 / IV Full Length Game on DVD - Pre-Game, Half-Time, Post-Game Included
Kansas City 23 - Minnesota 7
Tulane Stadium
New Orleans, Louisiana
January 11, 1970
Attendance: 80,562
MVP: Len Dawson, QB, Kansas City
The AFL squared the Super Bowl at two games apiece with the NFL,building a 16-0 halftime lead behind Len Dawson's superb quarterbacking and a powerful defense.
Dawson, the fourth consecutive quarterback to be chosen the Super Bowl's top player, called an almost flawless game, completing 12 of 17 passes and hitting Otis Taylor on a 46-yard play for the final Chiefs touchdown.
The Kansas City defense limited Minnesota's strong rushing game to 67 yards and had three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.
The crowd of 80,562 set a Super Bowl record, as did the gross receipts of $3,817,872.69.

Guru
01-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Can sometimes find them individually too but not sure always if the sites are as reputable as ones like Amazon.

Here's a description from one of them (I cite this just to highlight and note what is said about Len Dawson!)

Super Bowl 4 / IV Full Length Game on DVD - Pre-Game, Half-Time, Post-Game Included
Kansas City 23 - Minnesota 7
Tulane Stadium
New Orleans, Louisiana
January 11, 1970
Attendance: 80,562
MVP: Len Dawson, QB, Kansas City
The AFL squared the Super Bowl at two games apiece with the NFL,building a 16-0 halftime lead behind Len Dawson's superb quarterbacking and a powerful defense.
Dawson, the fourth consecutive quarterback to be chosen the Super Bowl's top player, called an almost flawless game, completing 12 of 17 passes and hitting Otis Taylor on a 46-yard play for the final Chiefs touchdown.
The Kansas City defense limited Minnesota's strong rushing game to 67 yards and had three interceptions and two fumble recoveries.
The crowd of 80,562 set a Super Bowl record, as did the gross receipts of $3,817,872.69.

$15 isn't bad. I bet it is all black and white though.

http://www.sportsvideosondvd.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=135

IlovetheChiefs
01-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Yep that's where I got that from. Sounds like an okay title for a website. I did once purchase Dallas and Pittsburgh Super Bowl 10 on dvd for $20 from Ebay. I'd love to have both KC super Bowls but in color, like you say. Gotta see the RED beat the PURPLE!

GoDJGoDJ
01-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Also, I love Hank Stram, but some of the Toup's he was wearing in those interviews were hilarious.