PDA

View Full Version : DirectTV

Vanilla Garilla
06-07-2009, 10:20 AM
I am about to order DirectTV so i can get the NFL network, Sunday Ticket, and A great deal of HD channels that are not currently offered on our cable company, and I had a couple of questions for those that already have DirectTV.

1. How satisfied are you with DirectTV?

2. Do the Sunday Ticket Games Come in HD?

GlennBree
06-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Yes and Yes, you need the right box however!
I've had the Sunday ticket for approx. 4 yrs and LOVE IT

This NFL season, see the big plays, bone-rattling hits and goal-line stands in stunningly clear picture and sound.

With NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ (http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/NFLSundayTicket) and NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan (http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/NFLSundayTicket/SuperFan/) only from DIRECTV, you'll get over 100 NFL games in high-definition.*

That's over 100 games in sharp detail, bright color and crisp sound. Order NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/PDTCustomerServlet) and NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan (http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/NFLSundayTicket/SuperFan/) today and bring home the ultimate football viewing experience. Get the inside scoop on NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan from Hall of Famer Howie Long in the DIRECTV Video Lounge (http://directv.feedroom.com/?fr_story=8ec41a2e7d5a9f8fe84b564f61d2a2428f2fbaec ).

Or, if you already have NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan you may simply need to add the right HD equipment (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/hw/RetrieveOfferCode.jsp).

And when you also add the DIRECTV® HD Package (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/imagine/HDTV_package.dsp) you'll now get over 125 total NFL games in HD*, including ESPN Sunday Night Football on ESPN HD. That's more NFL games in high-definition than you'll
find anywhere else – including digital cable.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/06/3.jpghttp://www.directv.com/images/landing/nflhd/bluebar.gif

Sn@keIze
06-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Having NFL Network is OK.

Its bout 50 percent Cowboys and 50 percent all other teams tho seems to me.

I appreciate NFL game re-airs.

NFL replay real time is cool too. They show them every Sunday before re-airing 4 of the best games ( in their opinion) on that Sunday.

This Sunday we are in week 11 or 12 I think.

Plus starting Thanksgiving and after NFL network airs live games no other station has. Which is lame for non DTV users.

GlennBree
06-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Well, that is true of NFL network...
We got Directv for the NFL SUNDAY TICKET though...We don't miss 1 game all season!

slc chief
06-07-2009, 01:29 PM
i could not imagine not having sunday ticket i have had it for three years and love it nfl network is great also it gives you another option than espn and it is all football 24-7

GlennBree
06-07-2009, 03:14 PM
AMEN! :bananen_smilies046:

pbatrucker
06-08-2009, 01:14 AM
You have to watch how they install the dish. If they just throw it on the side of the house and don't make it secure, the wind will affect reception. My brother sank a 4" pipe 3 ft into the ground and cemented it in and has no problems with reception.

Arrowhead4lyphe
06-08-2009, 09:27 AM
best thing to do is: instead of paying for all of those things on a yearly basis, go buy a PS3, get Wifi to it or something like that. Then go on the site Justin.tv everytime the chiefs play, and look at the games on your PS3 from there, on ur HD TV. yea, seems like a lot, but its an easy way to never have to pay for a chiefs game ever again, and you can also get free UFC, WWE or boxing pay-per-view if you wanna watch it. Pretty good quality too. Only downside would be that you can rewind on Dish, and you can't rewind on JTV, but you can zoom in while they're showing the cheerleaders, or during the game to get a better shot at the challenge call.

Vanilla Garilla
06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
best thing to do is: instead of paying for all of those things on a yearly basis, go buy a PS3, get Wifi to it or something like that. Then go on the site Justin.tv everytime the chiefs play, and look at the games on your PS3 from there, on ur HD TV. yea, seems like a lot, but its an easy way to never have to pay for a chiefs game ever again, and you can also get free UFC, WWE or boxing pay-per-view if you wanna watch it. Pretty good quality too. Only downside would be that you can rewind on Dish, and you can't rewind on JTV, but you can zoom in while they're showing the cheerleaders, or during the game to get a better shot at the challenge call.

I did that that last year with Justin.tv, and it didn't have the quality i need to watch in High Definition, and sometimes it would stop broadcasting randomly. Im ready to be able to watch any game, with a great picture, and not have to mess with anything. I think from all of these comments on the post, I am definitely getting DirectTV here shortly.

Chiefster
06-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I'll see if I can put you in touch with someone who is in the "know".

Skip Towne
06-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I am about to order DirectTV so i can get the NFL network, Sunday Ticket, and A great deal of HD channels that are not currently offered on our cable company, and I had a couple of questions for those that already have DirectTV.

1. How satisfied are you with DirectTV?

2. Do the Sunday Ticket Games Come in HD?
You might want to wait a couple of months to sign up. For the last several years D* has given the ST as a sign up bonus. They usually start that in August

Chiefster
06-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Good to see ya Skip!

Vanilla Garilla
06-08-2009, 12:57 PM
You might want to wait a couple of months to sign up. For the last several years D* has given the ST as a sign up bonus. They usually start that in August

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.:bananen_smilies046:

Yup, Skip's a man who knows his stuff! :)

Skip Towne
06-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm not as up on it as I was when I installed D*. I quit doing that in August and am now doing commercial satellite systems.

Chiefster
06-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm not as up on it as I was when I installed D*. I quit doing that in August and am now doing commercial satellite systems.

Well, I'm not "up" on any of that at all. What's the difference between the two?

Coach
06-09-2009, 11:12 PM
I agree that there are pretty good promos offered mid-summer. I switched back to DirecTV last fall so that I could get all of the Chiefs games. Best decision I made. The only downside of DirecTV vs. our Cable provide(Comcast) was all of the ONDemand services. Well worth it to see the Chiefs games though.

Regarding HD, I think there are different subscription levels of the NFL package. Some include HD and others do not.

I've never had any problems with reception.

Vanilla Garilla
06-09-2009, 11:43 PM
I agree that there are pretty good promos offered mid-summer. I switched back to DirecTV last fall so that I could get all of the Chiefs games. Best decision I made. The only downside of DirecTV vs. our Cable provide(Comcast) was all of the ONDemand services. Well worth it to see the Chiefs games though.

Regarding HD, I think there are different subscription levels of the NFL package. Some include HD and others do not.

Cool, Thanks Coach. I will miss ONDemand, but that is an easy trade for being able to watch all of the Chiefs games.

Chiefster
06-10-2009, 12:31 AM

Cool, Thanks Coach. I will miss ONDemand, but that is an easy trade for being able to watch all of the Chiefs games.

One must have their priorities in line.

slc chief
06-10-2009, 10:37 PM
[quote=Arrowhead4lyphe;137525]best thing to do is: instead of paying for all of those things on a yearly basis, go buy a PS3, get Wifi to it or something like that. Then go on the site Justin.tv everytime the chiefs play, and look at the games on your PS3 from there, on ur HD TV. yea, seems like a lot, but its an easy way to never have to pay for a chiefs game ever again, and you can also get free UFC, WWE or boxing pay-per-view if you wanna watch it. Pretty good quality too. Only downside would be that you can rewind on Dish, and you can't rewind on JTV, but you can zoom in while they're showing the cheerleaders, or during the game to get a better shot at the challenge call.[/quote

spend the money on direct tv do not cheap out on football. sunday ticket is the only way to go also if you have a fantasy football team the player tracker is awesome

Vanilla Garilla
06-12-2009, 10:03 AM
[quote=Arrowhead4lyphe;137525]best thing to do is: instead of paying for all of those things on a yearly basis, go buy a PS3, get Wifi to it or something like that. Then go on the site Justin.tv everytime the chiefs play, and look at the games on your PS3 from there, on ur HD TV. yea, seems like a lot, but its an easy way to never have to pay for a chiefs game ever again, and you can also get free UFC, WWE or boxing pay-per-view if you wanna watch it. Pretty good quality too. Only downside would be that you can rewind on Dish, and you can't rewind on JTV, but you can zoom in while they're showing the cheerleaders, or during the game to get a better shot at the challenge call.[/quote

spend the money on direct tv do not cheap out on football. sunday ticket is the only way to go also if you have a fantasy football team the player tracker is awesome

Wait a second, yout telling me they have a player tracker on Sunday Ticket. Thats pretty awesome.

GlennBree
06-12-2009, 10:11 AM
That is correct!! :D

Skip Towne
06-15-2009, 06:58 AM
You have to watch how they install the dish. If they just throw it on the side of the house and don't make it secure, the wind will affect reception. My brother sank a 4" pipe 3 ft into the ground and cemented it in and has no problems with reception.
It is true that many installers don't get the dish mounted securely. Cementing a pole in the ground is a good idea. A chain link fence post is perfect for this. Use a line post and not a corner post. You need a clear view of the southern sky and the pole must be plumb.