PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson: Show up or screw up?

Arrowhead4lyphe
06-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Do you think that LJ will actually show up this year like he did back in 06, or will he just be a screw up like he was last year? I'm hoping with the addition of Matt Cassel, he'll actually try to do something this year, but we all know he know has a superstar mentality like OchoCinco.

AussieChiefsFan
06-09-2009, 05:45 AM
Do you think that LJ will actually show up this year like he did back in 06, or will he just be a screw up like he was last year? I'm hoping with the addition of Matt Cassel, he'll actually try to do something this year, but we all know he know has a superstar mentality like OchoCinco.I don't think that he was a screw up last year.

pbatrucker
06-09-2009, 05:49 AM
:11: We have two promising, yet inexperienced QB's and a receiving corps that is only adequate. Lj will be given the opportunity to be the man again. Haley will not put up with the attitude he has demonstrated in the past. It will be put up or you're out of here and IMO he knows that if he's out of here, his value in the NFL will be very low. So far it looks like he will produce this year.

AussieChiefsFan
06-09-2009, 06:36 AM
:11: We have two promising, yet inexperienced QB's and a receiving corps that is only adequate. Lj will be given the opportunity to be the man again. Haley will not put up with the attitude he has demonstrated in the past. It will be put up or you're out of here and IMO he knows that if he's out of here, his value in the NFL will be very low. So far it looks like he will produce this year.Yep, we have Tyler and Matt! And "yep" once more, IMO LJ will be a great player if he improves his attitude!:yahoo::bananen_smilies046:

Arrowhead4lyphe
06-09-2009, 07:32 AM
he was a bust Aussie. he missed 4 games this season, and in 2007 and he missed half the season. (www.madden-school.com/) That equals bust IMO, cuz in 2 seasons, he's missed 12 games. (www.madden-school.com/)

Canada
06-09-2009, 07:52 AM
he was a bust Aussie. he missed 4 games this season, and in 2007 and he missed half the season. (http://www.madden-school.com/) That equals bust IMO, cuz in 2 seasons, he's missed 12 games. (http://www.madden-school.com/)

Injury prone? maybe. Disapointment in the last two years? Definitely. But a bust? Not a chance. He missed 12 games but he also put up the best numbers any KC RB ever has. That is not a bust IMO.

Arrowhead4lyphe
06-09-2009, 08:49 AM
ok, if ur injury prone, u won't be an elite back in this league. Take a look at some good RB's who have gotten injured, then look at the rest of their career. Preist Holmes for one. Sickest back in the league at one point, got injured, never produced another 10 game season.

Another guy would be Shaun Alexander. he had like 4 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, got injured in 07, didn't produce much that year, still injured in 08, didn't produce then.

One of the only guys who I can say got injured, came back and did his thing is Edgerrin James. he got injured back in like 2000, or 01, came back and put up around 1,000 yards. The only thing he didn't really do was score TD's, cuz the colts would then throw it on the goalline.

jmlamerson
06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
ok, if ur injury prone, u won't be an elite back in this league. Take a look at some good RB's who have gotten injured, then look at the rest of their career. Preist Holmes for one. Sickest back in the league at one point, got injured, never produced another 10 game season.

Another guy would be Shaun Alexander. he had like 4 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, got injured in 07, didn't produce much that year, still injured in 08, didn't produce then.

One of the only guys who I can say got injured, came back and did his thing is Edgerrin James. he got injured back in like 2000, or 01, came back and put up around 1,000 yards. The only thing he didn't really do was score TD's, cuz the colts would then throw it on the goalline.

Guess what? Every RB in today's NFL is injury prone. Very few of them make it through one 16-game season. Almost none make it through two straight 16-game seasons. It's just the way the position is now.

LJ was run into the ground (416 carries!) by his idiot HC in 2006. His injury in 2007 wasn't exactly a surprise. Nor is the fact that he'd need a couple years to heal his legs.

LJ is our best offensive threat until Cassel gets comfortable in the passing offense. He seems rejuvenated this offseason. I was calling for his head in February. I'm glad I was wrong and we kept him.

If we want a shot at winning six games this year, we'll need LJ to produce. I think he has a few 100 yard games in him. I think he totals 14 games, 1200 yards, 14 TDs. Which is pretty good.

dbolan
06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
With the amount of time LJ has not been on the field over the past couple of years and based on his salary, I expect more than a 1200 yd season.

If these guys were getting paid by the game, I think they may find a way to gitter done a little better..Which includes taking care of yourself in the off season.

Canada
06-09-2009, 11:05 AM

So how does this make any of the previously mentioned RBs a bust?

Seek
06-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't find it a coincidence that LJ best years were when he was running behind one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Once Roaf and Shields retired, with the departure of Wiegmann. This offensive line has been horrific, and so has dropped the production of LJ. Yes, he carried it a record amount time right in the back of his line for short gains.

I don't care who is running the ball or throwing it. They will all look like screw ups if the offensive line performs like it did last year.

pbatrucker
06-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Yep!! It's hard to run or throw when you're laying on your back.

Eydugstr
06-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't find it a coincidence that LJ best years were when he was running behind one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Once Roaf and Shields retired, with the departure of Wiegmann. This offensive line has been horrific, and so has dropped the production of LJ. Yes, he carried it a record amount time right in the back of his line for short gains.

I don't care who is running the ball or throwing it. They will all look like screw ups if the offensive line performs like it did last year.

Well said. And all very true. If you look at youtube clips of Matt Cassel last year - you see no quit in the OL of the Patriots. If they got knocked down, they got right back up and found someone to block, no loafing around.

If anything the last few years should have taught us, it's that letting the O-line go ignored will result in bad seasons. We've lost three QB's (Green, Huard, Croyle) and three RB's (Priest Holmes, LJ, Colby Smith) due to injuries during the season. I'm hoping that Pioli and Haley have accounted for this. JMHO.
:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
06-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Larry Johnson: Show up or screw up?

Yes!

That is all.

Lazeye
06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
If I had the line he started with here in KC and then it went to **** I would be frustrated to. Lets not worry and trust our head coach and new GM. they wanted to keep him instead of dumping him. and I trust those to.

AkChief49
06-11-2009, 03:35 PM
he was a bust Aussie. he missed 4 games this season, and in 2007 and he missed half the season. (http://www.madden-school.com/) That equals bust IMO, cuz in 2 seasons, he's missed 12 games. (http://www.madden-school.com/)
I guess since it's your opinion, you're more than entitled to it. But, Larry did avg. 4.5 yds per carry last year. more than L.T(3.8) more than Clinton Portis(4.3)Marshawn Lynch(4.1) Marion Barber(3.7) there's more but my opinion is Larry is far from a bust, he truly needs a swift kick in the a_ _ ! no doubt! He got his money and like alot of them, coasted. Now he has to make the team to get paid. A little more incentive for him to be the man bull he has been in the past. So he has been a screw up, I'm hoping like alot of you that he puts his screw gun in forward/drive and screws it down.:bananen_smilies046:

oregonchieffan58
06-12-2009, 01:37 AM
It doesn't make them busts; I think maybe he is just thinking that the injury bug is gonna creep up on LJ like it did with the guys he mentioned.

Hell, I think of the glass 1/2 full. Because of his 400+ carries he got injured the following season (again, no one really was shocked). Missing 12 games over the last 2 years can be a positive this year if he is rejuvenated and healthy...less wear and tear on the body to bounce back this year

Chiefster
06-13-2009, 03:15 AM
...Don't believe in Karma; just that one reaps what one sows. :p

Chief Tyler
06-13-2009, 07:29 PM
I like the "LJ is a bust" sentiment a lot, I wish more people felt the same way, it would make fantasy draft day a lot sweeter getting him in the 5th or 6th round instead of the 3rd or 4th. 1500 yards and 15+ td's next year!

dbolan
06-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I find it entertaining that these type of players squeal like little pigs in order to "get the ball", then "to get paid" and once they do, they typically blame their lack of production on someone else or they are injured due to getting too many touches.

This is one reason why I like the coach and management we have right now.

As far as LJ being a "bust". Yes he is because he laid down on his team on the field and off the field.

If I pitched a crybaby fit for a raise, then kept getting in trouble outside my job, which in turn, caused me to miss work thus dumping the load on my coworkers...Well, my arse would be standing in the unemployement line.

The dude made millions off of the FANS and then decided that alcohol and poor treatment of women was his new fortay.

He is a bust and a prick until proven otherwise.