PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Vrabel unhappy in KC and Bowe overweight at start of Camp!

dbolan
06-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Here's the link.....

Additions toughen division - The Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/06/14/additions_toughen_division/?page=4)

Maybe this is why Vrabel was scarce until he had to be there.

As far as Bowe...If he did show up overweight...Shame on him!

:beer:

brish
06-15-2009, 02:09 PM
The bowe overweight thing is hardly news.. Hell half the team was overweight! :D

chiefnut
06-15-2009, 11:27 PM
vrabel probably commented that he'll miss the pats or the area or the people or his former team mates and that of course is reported as "not comfortable in KC", don't forget he was talkin to a boston globe reporter. he wasn't goin to say he was glad to be outa there would he.

honda522
06-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Well surly you don't think Vrabel was happy to be traded. I am sure he loved the Pats, and loved his team mates. Who would want to go to a contending team, to a joke of a team, unless your Matt Cassel.

Guru
06-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Well surly you don't think Vrabel was happy to be traded. I am sure he loved the Pats, and loved his team mates. Who would want to go to a contending team, to a joke of a team, unless your Matt Cassel.
If you play for the Pats you should expect this to happen to you. No player is happy to be traded but every player knows it will most likely happen to them. If a player is surprised by it they are just plain dumb.

AussieChiefsFan
06-16-2009, 02:44 AM
IMO Bowe being overwieght can be a problem but probably won't matter! I mean half the League is overweight! :D

As for vrabel not wanting to be in KC. I am actually worried abou that! (If it's true).:bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
06-16-2009, 09:26 AM
First of all, DBowe works hard when he needs to and will make weight when it is time. As for Vrabel, I don't care what the Boston Globe thinks, they are prolly bitter that Pioli took Cassell and Vrabel who was the Pats D Leader away from them . Mike has been QUOTED as saying it doesn't matter if he plays for the Pats or KC or any place else, it is his job and he will give everything he has for the team he is playing with and at present it would be the KC Chiefs. IMO that is spoken like a true Pro and the skuttle butt the press spreads all over the net and their news papers doesn't mean sqwat to what the man himself actual says.
I can't give you a beer bro as I don't consider this news or even a very good rumor for that fact. Just my opinion.:beer:

What constitutes a good rumor then? The Boston Globe said it and that is where Vrabel resided for many years on a team that he loved. So, he was professional by "saying" he would play anywhere...What PRO would not say that? Why wouldn't he be a little pissed? I would be knowing that I am on the downside of my career and now my chances of winning another SB prior to a career ending injury or old age have been drastically reduced!

As far as the Bowe thing....It is apparent that it was not a rumor which, in my opinion, is worse than if it actually were a rumor!

So...I will give myself a beer! LOLOLOL!

:toast2:

Canada
06-16-2009, 10:04 AM
:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
06-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't really care where he's happy as long as he does his job on the field.

AussieChiefsFan
06-17-2009, 01:15 AM
I don't really care where he's happy as long as he does his job on the field.
Well if he's happy he'll play a lot better.

dbolan
06-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Bottonline is wether or not he is angry doesn't really matter . He could choose to retire but he didn't. He is going to be a Chief and more than likely he will be the Chiefs starting MLB. He is a Probowl MLB and no doubt one with a few years left in the tank. Good thing he is professional enough to recognize that wether or not KC has the ability to the SB or not that it's now his duty to show a defense full of Rooks and inexperienced young players how to be top stars and how to win. Bowe will either learn to be a Probowl WR or he will find his a$$ sitting on the bench or on another team.

1) His level of angriness does matter and I think it was evident on his stance to stay away from the Chiefs until this last camp. He chose not to retire because he wants another paycheck just like you and I would, if we could. It's no difference than if our boss redistributes our workload or demands that we work in a different location. We do it or find another job.

2) His professional ability to recognize KC's ability to get to the SB while he is there is irrelevant. He was traded to the Chiefs and really had no other options. Otherwise, I am rather sure the Pats would have been his preference. While he is a solid player, I do not think he is a very "marketable" LB.

3) Of course he will teach the defense what he knows. Should he show lack of teamwork, he will be gone.

Anyways...The proof will be in the pudding soon enough, right? LOL

pbatrucker
06-17-2009, 09:40 AM
1) His level of angriness does matter and I think it was evident on his stance to stay away from the Chiefs until this last camp. He chose not to retire because he wants another paycheck just like you and I would, if we could. It's no difference than if our boss redistributes our workload or demands that we work in a different location. We do it or find another job.

2) His professional ability to recognize KC's ability to get to the SB while he is there is irrelevant. He was traded to the Chiefs and really had no other options. Otherwise, I am rather sure the Pats would have been his preference. While he is a solid player, I do not think he is a very "marketable" LB.

3) Of course he will teach the defense what he knows. Should he show lack of teamwork, he will be gone.

Anyways...The proof will be in the pudding soon enough, right? LOL

Chiefster
06-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Well if he's happy he'll play a lot better.

If he's a professional then he'll do his job regardless of how he feels about where he does it.

pbatrucker
06-18-2009, 10:32 AM
If he's a professional then he'll do his job regardless of how he feels about where he does it.

NWA Chief
06-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Yes Vrabel is a pro, does that mean he has to be happy about where he is? No. I'm pretty sure he was living the life in NE and to be traded to KC was not a priority of his. The thing is him and Thomas were both brought in to teach the young guys. How do we get better for the future is Vrabel is not there to teach the young guys? Thomas did it regardless of his situation. I'm sure he had to move to KC and he didn't miss a single practice. Vrabel doesn't want to be here and hes going to exercise the fact he doesn't have to be until training camp. Remember, not every player can just turn it on like a light switch, he'll be rusty when he gets back.

Vanilla Garilla
06-18-2009, 07:52 PM

Thats right. Whether or not Im in a good mood I still have to go to work and give it my best. Thats what separates professionals from the rest.

dbolan
06-19-2009, 10:23 AM
More about Vrabel....Even more than before, I think he is unhappy about being traded.

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/99874-does-chiefs-lb-mike-vrabel-want-out-kansas-city.html

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/99408-mike-vrabel-confused-trade-patriots-chiefs.html

Canada
06-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Thats all just forum gossip.

Chiefster
06-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Thats right. Whether or not Im in a good mood I still have to go to work and give it my best. Thats what separates professionals from the rest.

Yup! :sign0098:

Chiefster
06-20-2009, 12:21 AM
More about Vrabel....Even more than before, I think he is unhappy about being traded.

[Chiefs] Does Chiefs LB Mike Vrabel Want Out Of Kansas City? - GridironFans.com (http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/99874-does-chiefs-lb-mike-vrabel-want-out-kansas-city.html)

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/99408-mike-vrabel-confused-trade-patriots-chiefs.html

I honestly don't see a problem with his attitude. JMHO

Chief Tyler
06-20-2009, 02:25 AM
He is acting like any other Veteran that has been on multiple championship teams to me. My question is, why is the friggin Boston Globe so interested in tearing up the relationship he has with the Chiefs fans already? They don't actually believe that he will go back to the Pats? It just appears to me that they are bitter over the loss of his services so they are trying to make it transfer to our issues so we might have difficulties with him. Bad sportsmanship IMO om the Boston Globes part.

I'm not sure why they would be bitter, from the sounds of it, he was on his way out, if not this season, then very soon. He wouldn't have been a key fixture like he has been in years past. It's just the best story they could come up with during the slowest part of the NFL year. Not a whole lot to talk about after the draft and before.

Chiefster
06-20-2009, 09:14 AM
He is acting like any other Veteran that has been on multiple championship teams to me. My question is, why is the friggin Boston Globe so interested in tearing up the relationship he has with the Chiefs fans already? They don't actually believe that he will go back to the Pats? It just appears to me that they are bitter over the loss of his services so they are trying to make it transfer to our issues so we might have difficulties with him. Bad sportsmanship IMO om the Boston Globes part.

I'm not sure why they would be bitter, from the sounds of it, he was on his way out, if not this season, then very soon. He wouldn't have been a key fixture like he has been in years past. It's just the best story they could come up with during the slowest part of the NFL year. Not a whole lot to talk about after the draft and before.

Good points!