PDA

View Full Version : Broncos WR Brandon Marshall Asked Owner For A Trade?

-Scar-
06-15-2009, 05:59 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/06/9.jpg

Adam Schefter reported today on 850 KOA radio in Denver that Brandon Marshall told Broncos owner Pat Bowlen "I think I'd like to be traded" during Friday's meeting. Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to think about it, and lets discuss this again.

Source: 850 KOA in Denver (http://www.koaradio.com/pages/cmn.html)

jmlamerson
06-15-2009, 07:23 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/06/9.jpg

Adam Schefter reported today on 850 KOA radio in Denver that Brandon Marshall told Broncos owner Pat Bowlen "I think I'd like to be traded" during Friday's meeting. Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to think about it, and lets discuss this again.

Source: 850 KOA in Denver (http://www.koaradio.com/pages/cmn.html)

Marshall's got the history of injuries, which should frighten off a team like the Chiefs, who need their picks to build the team. But if the Vikings or Cowboys don't offer their 2010 1st rounder, they're nuts. Both are teams built to win now and who have a big hole at WR.

At the very least, the Bears should be on the horn offering their 2010 2nd and 2011 2nd.

jason1981
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
i wondered what happened to adam shefter

Big Daddy Tek
06-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Broncos are self destructing and I love it.

jmlamerson
06-15-2009, 10:17 PM

It's been a long time since I've seen one team screw up an offseason this badly. They fired one of the best coaches in the league (like him or hate him, Shanhan had the Broncos contending every year) for a wunderkind. They traded away their Pro Bowl 25-year-old QB for some picks and Kyle frickin' Orton. They cut their veteran leaders and replaced them with even older and/or less talented players. Their draft stunk. They've pissed off their 1WR, and WR was the only functional remaining part of that team.

If the Broncos had been smart, they'd have kept Shanahan. Barring that, they'd have replaced him with a strong defensive coach and let the offense be. Barring that, they at least don't piss off Cutler flirting with Matt Cassel. Barring that, they pay the overachieving Marshall to keep at least some team chemistry.

As much as I hate Herm Edwards, not even he did as much damage to the Chiefs as McDaniels has done to the Broncos. If the Broncos win three games next year, I'll be impressed.

honda522
06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Yes! :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
06-16-2009, 02:56 AM
:yahoo: :yahoo:

:bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
06-16-2009, 03:19 AM
If the guy could stay healthy I wouldn't mind havin him for the right price.
Niether would I. :bananen_smilies046: Especially with the "dwayne bowe being overwight" thing, not that I'm saying he won't play well, I'm just saying that it may influence him in the future.

AussieChiefsFan
06-16-2009, 03:47 AM
Your right about the DBowe thing. One thing that makes other players work harder and get themselves into shape or not get outta shape is having team mates that work hard and not allow themself to get soft or over weight. Now , Bowe could be over weight due to extreme weight lifting and using of suppliments. That stuff can make a guy gain weight through muscle gain and muscle weight is much heavier than fat. I know Bowe is a avid weight lifter so it won't be an issue for him to lose the weight he just will have to lay off the milk shakes with all the muscle builder in it LOL!!!!
Nice response!:lol:

Three7s
06-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Brandon Marshall wanting a trade? Me want......

Bike
06-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Bolin has trashed this team. Sucking what he could out of the New England hiarchy, he hastily hired McDaniels to be his head coach. He may be a good hc someday, but he aint ready yet. Thanks, Pat!!

dbolan
06-16-2009, 09:15 AM
...Now , Bowe could be over weight due to extreme weight lifting and using of suppliments. That stuff can make a guy gain weight through muscle gain and muscle weight is much heavier than fat. I know Bowe is a avid weight lifter so it won't be an issue for him to lose the weight he just will have to lay off the milk shakes with all the muscle builder in it LOL!!!!

Sorry, but that is merely wishful thinking. If he put on lean muscle, he would have jumped on the scale in his jock strap to show it. Then, there would not have been a problem or something worth noting from a negative standpoint.

Also, from what I have read and "assume", had he been 5-10 lbs overweight...No biggie. So, I am sure he was 20+ lbs overweight.

Last but not least...He did not gain 20+ lbs of lean muscle in the off season unless he "juiced" and/or used HGH. The hralded "muscle builders" sold in milkshake form can make you fat if your work ethic is poor. That is a promise.

Bottom line, he got chubby and the HC was not happy about it.

Good thing...Apparently he has reconditioned himself back to an acceptable weight which is good to hear.

dbolan
06-16-2009, 09:16 AM
It's been a long time since I've seen one team screw up an offseason this badly. They fired one of the best coaches in the league (like him or hate him, Shanhan had the Broncos contending every year) for a wunderkind. They traded away their Pro Bowl 25-year-old QB for some picks and Kyle frickin' Orton. They cut their veteran leaders and replaced them with even older and/or less talented players. Their draft stunk. They've pissed off their 1WR, and WR was the only functional remaining part of that team.

If the Broncos had been smart, they'd have kept Shanahan. Barring that, they'd have replaced him with a strong defensive coach and let the offense be. Barring that, they at least don't piss off Cutler flirting with Matt Cassel. Barring that, they pay the overachieving Marshall to keep at least some team chemistry.

As much as I hate Herm Edwards, not even he did as much damage to the Chiefs as McDaniels has done to the Broncos. If the Broncos win three games next year, I'll be impressed.

100% Correct. No doubt about it.

dbolan
06-16-2009, 09:20 AM

In addition to this...I would not mind having Marshall. He would surely be a field stretcher and he has proven to be a dynamic play maker.

Canada
06-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Your right about the DBowe thing. One thing that makes other players work harder and get themselves into shape or not get outta shape is having team mates that work hard and not allow themself to get soft or over weight. Now , Bowe could be over weight due to extreme weight lifting and using of suppliments. That stuff can make a guy gain weight through muscle gain and muscle weight is much heavier than fat. I know Bowe is a avid weight lifter so it won't be an issue for him to lose the weight he just will have to lay off the milk shakes with all the muscle builder in it LOL!!!!

Nope its not.
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=what+weighs+more+fat+or+muscle&page=1&qsrc=178&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.onemorebite-weightloss.com%2Fmuscle-to-fat.html

jmlamerson
06-16-2009, 10:09 AM
In addition to this...I would not mind having Marshall. He would surely be a field stretcher and he has proven to be a dynamic play maker.

1. The Broncos are never going to trade Marshall in division

2. At the very minimum, the Bears and the Vikings should outbid us for Marshall. Probably a bunch of other teams too.

3. Pioli isn't trading for a WR with length injury and suspension problems

4. Pioli isn't trading a high pick for a WR while we have massive gaps on OL and in our front seven

5. Marshall is built to thrive in a vertical offense, not the relatively short, precise passing game we'll be playing

We're not trading for Marshall. In no way, shape, or form will he be a Chief next season.

Personally, I don't think he'll be nearly as productive without a QB the caliber of Jay Cutler throwing him the football. He's not going to get killed over the middle for the likes of Kyle Orton and Josh McDaniels.

And everyone needs to stop worrying about Bowe. He was overweight in 2007 and 2008 too, but the previous regime never called him out on it. And he did pretty great in 2007 and 2008. Haley is fashioning him into a legitimate 1WR. I think Bowe will have at least 1400 yards and 14 TDs in 2009. If we could only get a top notch 2WR like Boldin, Bowe would be set.

dbolan
06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Nope its not.
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=what+weighs+more+fat+or+muscle&page=1&qsrc=178&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.onemorebite-weightloss.com%2Fmuscle-to-fat.html

10-4!

Sn@keIze
06-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Broncos are self destructing and I love it.Burn donks Burn!!!

You got Shanarat Cutler and now this!

AussieChiefsFan
06-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Burn donks Burn!!!

Mwahahahah!:D

dbolan
06-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Burn donks Burn!!!

One thing for sure...Pat Bowlin has bought in to the NE way of doing things and you have to admit....They are showing no favoritism just as our new mgmt has shown.

I know it looks like an implosion right now....I somewhat agree with that as well....But beware because they did draft some good talent and the folks they have on the team will do it the way (the NE way) 100% or be gone.

While I felt Shanny was a real good coach, I do think his disciplinary side had become laxed, to some degree.

jmlamerson
06-17-2009, 10:33 AM
One thing for sure...Pat Bowlin has bought in to the NE way of doing things and you have to admit....They are showing no favoritism just as our new mgmt has shown.

I know it looks like an implosion right now....I somewhat agree with that as well....But beware because they did draft some good talent and the folks they have on the team will do it the way (the NE way) 100% or be gone.

While I felt Shanny was a real good coach, I do think his disciplinary side had become laxed, to some degree.

It isn't the Pats way to shop your young pro bowl QB and getting it leaked to the press. Or drafting a RB in the 1st round. Or getting in a public salary battle with your star receiver. Or ignoring the gaping holes in your front seven.

Bowlen is following the Oakland Raiders way of doing business. And he'll have the exact same success Al Davis has these past few years.

dbolan
06-17-2009, 12:17 PM
It isn't the Pats way to shop your young pro bowl QB and getting it leaked to the press. Or drafting a RB in the 1st round. Or getting in a public salary battle with your star receiver. Or ignoring the gaping holes in your front seven.

Bowlen is following the Oakland Raiders way of doing business. And he'll have the exact same success Al Davis has these past few years.

First, the Pats will look at any option and if I'm not mistaken, they would have shopped Brady had the progress of his rehab not been up to par.

Second, on that note, no one has actually proven a timeline on whether Cutler asked for the trade first or if Bowling entertained the trades first. You get that concrete information, then we won't even have to debate it. The only concrete fact is that the info got out about trade talks.

As far as 1rst rd RB's drafted by the Pats...They drafted Maroney in 06 and prior to that, it was Robert Edwards in 98. So, big deal.

On Marshall's salary dispute, I believe he is the one that started the comotion and quite frankly, how is he in a demanding stance with his current domestic and injury issues?

The front seven issues...yep, there has been some neglect there but then again, based on what many of us have said on this board, we have not gotten the attention that we feel is needed towards our OL or DL as well. So, now what?

I will go on record as saying that the Broncs will out perform the Raiders this year and in the upcoming years. Not saying it won;t be competitive but as an entiire body of work, the Broncos will be more of our concern than the Raiders.

jmlamerson
06-17-2009, 03:20 PM
First, the Pats will look at any option and if I'm not mistaken, they would have shopped Brady had the progress of his rehab not been up to par.

As long as Tom Brady is in the top-half of NFL QBs, he'll be a Pat. Trading the face of your franchise is what smart franchises do at the end of the player's career, not in their prime. And not when the fans would revolt. And they certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to battle it out in the press.

And they certainly wouldn't be stupid enough to fire Belichek because he missed the playoffs, replace him with a 32-year-old, and then try and trade Brady saying that he wasn't right for their system. Which is what the Bronocs basically did.

Second, on that note, no one has actually proven a timeline on whether Cutler asked for the trade first or if Bowling entertained the trades first. You get that concrete information, then we won't even have to debate it. The only concrete fact is that the info got out about trade talks.

No, you're mistaken. When McDaniels came in, he looked at two three-ways trade between either the Broncos/Lions/Patriots or Broncos/Bucs/Patriots and in which Culter would go to the Lions or Bucs, Cassel would go to Denver, and the Pats would get multiple picks from either the Lions or Bucs. Pioli is much smarter than the Broncos leadership, and they beat Denver to the punch for Cassel.

Word got back to Cutler that he was on the trade block. McDaniels and Bowlen first told Cutler and the fans that they never intended to trade Cutler. When Culter found out this wasn't true, he went to talk to Bowlen and McDaniels and asked for assurance that he wasn't going anywhere. Bowlen and McDaniels wouldn't give him that long term assurance. He then demanded a trade.

There are multiple, multiple sources that show this. Google it, or barring that Wikipedia links to most of them.

As far as 1rst rd RB's drafted by the Pats...They drafted Maroney in 06 and prior to that, it was Robert Edwards in 98. So, big deal.

First, Edwards was drafted before the Belichek/Pioli era began. And it was a terrible pick. Second, the Pats drafted Maroney only after their entire front seven was set in 2006. They didn't draft a RB in 2001 when they were first building the team.

On Marshall's salary dispute, I believe he is the one that started the comotion and quite frankly, how is he in a demanding stance with his current domestic and injury issues?

Marshall went to ask for more money or to be traded. He felt that he was getting paid too little money to get killed by Kyle Orton in a contract year. He knew that if he were seriously injured for the year, he would be cut by the Broncos and get nothing, not even this year's salary. And he has no outstanding domestic issues. The charges filed in March were dropped the next day.

He's in a demanding stance because he catches 100+ balls a year and has breakaway speed and great hands. Because many, many teams would trade for him, and 31 teams would pick him up if he were a FA. And because the Broncos have very little talent left.

The front seven issues...yep, there has been some neglect there but then again, based on what many of us have said on this board, we have not gotten the attention that we feel is needed towards our OL or DL as well. So, now what?

In his first year, Pioli traded for a starting OLB (Vrabel), signed a starting ILB (Zach Thomas), and drafted two starting DEs (I'm betting Magee beats out Dorsey by at least midseason). That's the majority off the front seven. And it doesn''t include the possiblity of Beisel starting. The Broncos haven't even come close to that.

I will go on record as saying that the Broncs will out perform the Raiders this year and in the upcoming years. Not saying it won;t be competitive but as an entiire body of work, the Broncos will be more of our concern than the Raiders.

Fine you're on record. But you're wrong. The Raiders are actually improving at key positions (at least on defense). They're a better team than the one that won four games last year. And the Broncos are a whole lot worse than the one that won eight games last year.

The Broncos are in for five years of losing and losing badly. Minimum.

dbolan
06-17-2009, 04:08 PM
As long as Tom Brady is in the top-half of NFL QBs, he'll be a Pat. Trading the face of your franchise is what smart franchises do at the end of the player's career, not in their prime. And not when the fans would revolt. And they certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to battle it out in the press.

And they certainly wouldn't be stupid enough to fire Belichek because he missed the playoffs, replace him with a 32-year-old, and then try and trade Brady saying that he wasn't right for their system. Which is what the Bronocs basically did.

No, you're mistaken. When McDaniels came in, he looked at two three-ways trade between either the Broncos/Lions/Patriots or Broncos/Bucs/Patriots and in which Culter would go to the Lions or Bucs, Cassel would go to Denver, and the Pats would get multiple picks from either the Lions or Bucs. Pioli is much smarter than the Broncos leadership, and they beat Denver to the punch for Cassel.

Word got back to Cutler that he was on the trade block. McDaniels and Bowlen first told Cutler and the fans that they never intended to trade Cutler. When Culter found out this wasn't true, he went to talk to Bowlen and McDaniels and asked for assurance that he wasn't going anywhere. Bowlen and McDaniels wouldn't give him that long term assurance. He then demanded a trade.

There are multiple, multiple sources that show this. Google it, or barring that Wikipedia links to most of them.

First, Edwards was drafted before the Belichek/Pioli era began. And it was a terrible pick. Second, the Pats drafted Maroney only after their entire front seven was set in 2006. They didn't draft a RB in 2001 when they were first building the team.

Marshall went to ask for more money or to be traded. He felt that he was getting paid too little money to get killed by Kyle Orton in a contract year. He knew that if he were seriously injured for the year, he would be cut by the Broncos and get nothing, not even this year's salary. And he has no outstanding domestic issues. The charges filed in March were dropped the next day.

He's in a demanding stance because he catches 100+ balls a year and has breakaway speed and great hands. Because many, many teams would trade for him, and 31 teams would pick him up if he were a FA. And because the Broncos have very little talent left.

In his first year, Pioli traded for a starting OLB (Vrabel), signed a starting ILB (Zach Thomas), and drafted two starting DEs (I'm betting Magee beats out Dorsey by at least midseason). That's the majority off the front seven. And it doesn''t include the possiblity of Beisel starting. The Broncos haven't even come close to that.

Fine you're on record. But you're wrong. The Raiders are actually improving at key positions (at least on defense). They're a better team than the one that won four games last year. And the Broncos are a whole lot worse than the one that won eight games last year.

The Broncos are in for five years of losing and losing badly. Minimum.

We shall see! Good luck!

slc chief
06-17-2009, 07:07 PM
i hope the cookie keeps crumbling screw the donkeys

Chiefster
06-18-2009, 07:25 AM
I doubt the Donks will trade him within the division.