PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

Canada
06-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I dont know where that ideas thread or forum is gone but can you make it so that anyone with neg rep can not start new threads? That way if there are no mods on while people spam the boards, any member will be able to stop them? Just an idea after reading 15 posts about how to make money posting links or something!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
06-17-2009, 04:52 PM
An interesting thought Canada, I'll take to the Board Leadership. Possibly setting a 25 post minimum before one can start a new thread will help deter thread spamming, although it that wouldn't keep them from post spamming.

Thanks for your input. :)

Coach
06-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Good idea. I will look into it.

rbedgood
06-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Maybe just a longer cool down period between posts for newer users...rather than the 30 seconds or whatever between posts, a new user would be limited to 1 every 10 minutes...

Or negative rep user...

Chiefster
06-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Maybe just a longer cool down period between posts for newer users...rather than the 30 seconds or whatever between posts, a new user would be limited to 1 every 10 minutes...

Or negative rep user...

I like where your headed with this, but 10 minutes might also discourage legitimate users as well. Perhaps maybe 2-3 minutes.

AussieChiefsFan
06-18-2009, 01:50 AM
If new users can't make new threads how are they going to make threads to inttroduce themselves? Maybe coach can make it so that the first PM they get explains how to do everything and saying what thread to post in to introduce themselves. (BTW I know that coach already automatically sends new memers a PM but maybe it would be good to ad "the sygestion above" to it)!:bananen_smilies046: