PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Irrelevant Signs 3 Year Deal!

dbolan
06-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Boy..We are burning down the house! LMAO!!

Former USC kicker Ryan Succop has agreed to a three-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs worth a total of about $1.2 million, according to Joel Turner, Succop's Myrtle Beach-based agent. The Chiefs picked Succop with the 256th and final pick of April's draft, earning Succop the title of Mr. Irrelevant and an all-expenses paid trip to Newport Beach, Calif., for next week's "Irrelevant Week" activities. Kansas City is expected to announce Succop's deal Thursday.

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/100135-chiefs-sign-mr-irrelevant-kicker-ryan-succop.html

jmlamerson
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM

Former USC kicker Ryan Succop has agreed to a three-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs worth a total of about $1.2 million, according to Joel Turner, Succop's Myrtle Beach-based agent. The Chiefs picked Succop with the 256th and final pick of April's draft, earning Succop the title of Mr. Irrelevant and an all-expenses paid trip to Newport Beach, Calif., for next week's "Irrelevant Week" activities. Kansas City is expected to announce Succop's deal Thursday.

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/100135-chiefs-sign-mr-irrelevant-kicker-ryan-succop.html

Connor Barth, we hardly knew ye. And we'll be richer for having lost you.

dbolan
06-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Yep....about $400K each year for 3 years is just pocket change if he pans out for us!

honda522
06-19-2009, 04:58 PM
He had better be good.

josh1971
06-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Connor Barth, we hardly knew ye. And we'll be richer for having lost you.

I disagree with this completely- the guy missed a total of TWO field goals, both in crappy weather. And it could hardly be said that the quality of his kicking lost us any of those games, with so much blame to go around.

Let's hope that this kicker is way better than the last one we drafted. I'd hate after one game for us to be where we were with Medlock.

Obviously, I'm not in training camp, but it seems a bit premature in June to be deciding who won the kicker battle.

my own two pennies worth

jb

jmlamerson
06-19-2009, 08:14 PM
I disagree with this completely- the guy missed a total of TWO field goals, both in crappy weather. And it could hardly be said that the quality of his kicking lost us any of those games, with so much blame to go around.

Let's hope that this kicker is way better than the last one we drafted. I'd hate after one game for us to be where we were with Medlock.

Obviously, I'm not in training camp, but it seems a bit premature in June to be deciding who won the kicker battle.

my own two pennies worth

jb

We didn't sign Succop to a three-year deal NOT to have have him start. Unless he tears his ACL/MCL or sleeps with Pioli's wife, he'll be kicking for us in 2009.

And yes, he'll be better than Medlock. I know this, because every kicker is better than Medlock. God, I still hate Herm.

slc chief
06-19-2009, 10:35 PM
he better start being rellevant or goodbye

Chiefster
06-20-2009, 12:01 AM
WooHoo Mr Irrelevant! :D

Chiefster
06-20-2009, 09:04 AM
:lol:

I love this thread!

Bike
06-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Succop kicks balls.

GlennBree
06-20-2009, 05:49 PM
That's some fun stuff!!

honda522
06-20-2009, 06:19 PM
sleeps with Pioli's wife, he'll be kicking for us in 2009.

God, I still hate Herm.

Don't we all.

AussieChiefsFan
06-21-2009, 11:07 PM
He had better be good.
Well his name says it all!

j/k. I have faith in 'im!:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
06-22-2009, 03:20 PM

YouTube - Talking Heads - 06.Burning Down The House

wichitaj
06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Why are we talking about kickers?? Kickers are lame.

jmlamerson
06-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Why are we talking about kickers?? Kickers are lame.

Why? Because the difference between Adam Vinatieri and Lin Elliott is three Super Bowls.

Chiefster
06-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Why? Because the difference between Adam Vinatieri and Lin Elliott is three Super Bowls.

true, but why hast thou uttered the "L" word, that which is sinful in the land of the Chiefs?!!!!:11: :D

AussieChiefsFan
06-23-2009, 02:10 AM
Kickers are the reason the game is called FOOTball, it isn't Throw ball or hand off ball it's Football. Kickers are usually the biggest winners on the team, they always want to be in the game with it's very close so they can kick it and win it, that too me is the definition of winner.
:bananen_smilies046:

dbolan
06-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Kickers are the reason the game is called FOOTball, it isn't Throw ball or hand off ball it's Football. Kickers are usually the biggest winners on the team, they always want to be in the game with it's very close so they can kick it and win it, that too me is the definition of winner.

Football 101 by KansasCityChris

Tune in next week for first installment of a 3 part series:

Who threw the first pass in American Football and why!

Canada
06-23-2009, 09:07 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ridzic
06-23-2009, 02:26 PM
We didn't sign Succop to a three-year deal NOT to have have him start. Unless he tears his ACL/MCL or sleeps with Pioli's wife, he'll be kicking for us in 2009.

And yes, he'll be better than Medlock. I know this, because every kicker is better than Medlock. God, I still hate Herm.

I agree with this and we save money.......

Hayvern
07-20-2009, 04:03 AM

Darn, and all this time I thought it was because the ball was a foot long!

A one foot ball.

hermhater
07-21-2009, 02:53 AM
I made a sig about Mr Irr.

I can't find it though.

Bike
07-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks

Chiefster
07-21-2009, 12:35 PM
I made a sig about Mr Irr.

I can't find it though.

Look for it man! :D

hermhater
07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Here it is.

Anyone can feel free to wear it.

http://thehomeofthechiefs.com/images/ryan.succop.mr.irrelevant.arrowhead.400.border.png

Chiefster
07-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Nice!

hermhater
07-21-2009, 09:46 PM
One of my better sigs, if I do say so myself...

Chiefster
07-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Where'd it go?

rodu
07-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Medlock is kicking in the CFL this year, and as of last night, was 10/10 on the season, looks like he didn't give up on his career yet

CapitalT
07-31-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree with Josh1971. Barth seemed like a decent kicker to me ... probably because of all of the bad kickers we've had recently.

I look forward to seeing what Succop can do and we're not paying him too much ... but he better not miss 3 field goals in a playoff game.

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 09:29 PM
I agree with Josh1971. Barth seemed like a decent kicker to me ... probably because of all of the bad kickers we've had recently.

I look forward to seeing what Succop can do and we're not paying him too much ... but he better not miss 3 field goals in a playoff game.

Please, do not remind us of he whom we do not speak of here. :D

CapitalT
08-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Please, do not remind us of he whom we do not speak of here. :D
That's good advice Chiefster. I won't bring him up again.

Hayvern
08-01-2009, 12:24 PM

Who are we talking about here? Lynn Elliot? And actually I thought it was 5 missed field goals, maybe we are thinking of someone else?

CapitalT
08-01-2009, 12:36 PM
I think 3 is enough ... but yes I'm pretty sure it was only 3. Unfortunately I remember that game well.

I thought using Mr. LE's name was verbotten? Chiefster was upset that I even brought up the memory of him.

Hayvern
08-01-2009, 12:45 PM
I think 3 is enough ... but yes I'm pretty sure it was only 3. Unfortunately I remember that game well.

I thought using Mr. LE's name was verbotten? Chiefster was upset that I even brought up the memory of him.

I just think the name is cool:

Lynn Elliott, Lynn Elliot, has sort of a ring to it... Lynn Elliot. Actually I should have named my youngest son.. Lynn Elliott Green, that would have been cool! What do you think?

Actually, I guess his name is actually Lin

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/2.jpg

CapitalT
08-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Well I'm not sure all swearing is gonna get you anywhere Heyvern. Saying his name is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I certainly wouldn't want to encourage you to change your favorite Chief's player.

Chiefster
08-01-2009, 04:06 PM

You are wise beyond your years.

Who are we talking about here? Lynn Elliot? And actually I thought it was 5 missed field goals, maybe we are thinking of someone else?

I just think the name is cool:

Lynn Elliott, Lynn Elliot, has sort of a ring to it... Lynn Elliot. Actually I should have named my youngest son.. Lynn Elliott Green, that would have been cool! What do you think?

Actually, I guess his name is actually Lin

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/2.jpg

"You just made the list!"
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/08/1.jpg
:D