PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Most Feared QB's in 2009

dbolan
06-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Who are your picks?

Chiefster
06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Tom, Peyton, Philip, Ben and Eli. But, I'm just guessing.

Ridzic
06-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I agree with Tom, Peyton, Ben and Eli but Romo is better than Rivers

ARKIESTEEL
06-23-2009, 02:32 PM
No Drew Brees on the list ?/

jmlamerson
06-23-2009, 02:56 PM
My rankings:

1. Peyton Manning (best QB maybe ever)
2. Tom Brady (injury and recent losses to Colts knock him down some)
3. Ben Rothliesberger (the Aikman of our generation)
4. Donovan McNabb (except in NFC Championship games)
5. Philip Rivers (not a great playoff QB)
6. Jay Cutler (want to see how he does without MarshallRoyal/Shanahan)
7. Aaron Rodgers (solid, but no Favre)
8. Eli Manning (great with Burress, bad without him)
9. Matt Ryan (needs to have more than one good year)
10. Carson Palmer (hurt too much)

Brees would be my number 4, if he were on the list. Kyle Orton would be 32.

Bike
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Tom Brady
5. Philip Rivers
6. Kurt Warner
7. Matt Cassel
8. Matt Ryan
9. Tony Romo
10. Donovan McNabb

yashi
06-23-2009, 03:52 PM
1. P. Manning
2. Brees
3. Brady
4. Roethlisberger
5. Rivers
6. Rodgers (extremely underrated, I wanted to put him higher)
7. McNabb
8. Ryan
9. Romo (let's see how he does without Owens)
10. E. Manning (overrated)

Canada
06-23-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't see Cassel or Thigpen on that list!!

wichitaj
06-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Here's the list, I know what i speak..

1. Brady
2. Peyton
3. Drew Brees
4. Carson Palmer
5. Matt Ryan

Three7s
06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Kurt Warner
6. Jay Cutler
7. Donovan McNabb
8. Carson Palmer
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Matt Ryan

Tony Romo and Eli Manning are incredibly overrated. Romo is awful in the clutch and can't win big games. Eli depends on the talent around him. They haven't shown me enough to get in the top 10. Aaron Rogers has potential, but Matt Ryan just looks much better to me.

Big Daddy Tek
06-23-2009, 08:51 PM
1. Drew Brees- 5,000 passing yards. Unarguably the hottest pure passer in football for the past 3 years.
2. Peyton Manning- He's Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady - May be back to #1 after this year, but no play, no #1.
4. Philip Rivers - Most underrated player in all of football, the only thing that makes S.D competitive this year.
5. Kurt Warner- This is after all the most dangerous RIGHT NOW isnt it? He has to be on here. Yashi? JM?
6. Donovan McNabb - I would have liked to have him higher, but those top 5 are a must.
7. Matt Ryan- The next "GREAT" Quarterback.
8. Ben Rothlisberger- 2 rings, high completion %. Doesnt throw picks. Great leader.
9. Chad Pennington- Mr. Accuracy. A mistake free winner. Has to be top 10!
10. Jay Cutler- Will either be "GREAT" or Jeff George.

Here is my list. I watch WAY to much football and Im pretty confident that these are the top 10. from a generational standpoint or potential standpoint, 2 or 3 of these guys might not make the list, but you asked for most Dangerous right now. By the way, How in the heck did Drew Brees not make the list? Look him up buddy!

dbolan
06-24-2009, 08:57 AM
No Drew Brees on the list ?/

Arkie...I knew I was forgetting someone and I apologize! I should have had him on it!

Maybe I will do another one later on!

KristofLaw
06-24-2009, 12:51 PM
This year's top 5 by me:

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Donovan McNabb

Honorable... Matt Cassell will be close; since the other thread was closed I'll respond here-----> 8 - 10 Wins, I have no problem being disappointed so long as we don't win 2 :P

yashi
06-24-2009, 12:55 PM
This year's top 5 by me:

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Donovan McNabb

Honorable... Matt Cassell will be close; since the other thread was closed I'll respond here-----> 8 - 10 Wins, I have no problem being disappointed so long as we don't win 2 :P

Finally someone else giving Rodgers props! The guy was 6th in the league in QB rating and it was his first season as starter.

KristofLaw
06-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Finally someone else giving Rodgers props! The guy was 6th in the league in QB rating and it was his first season as starter.
Yeah, he was groomed behind a legend... drafted in the first round... prospected as a top 3 - 10 pick... he's a leader on a good young team... maybe we'll play them for the Title sometime in the next few years again... just switch the results.

Bike
06-24-2009, 01:42 PM
2 Superbowl wins in 4 years. Gotta have Rothliesberger in the top 5 at least.

KristofLaw
06-24-2009, 01:54 PM

In regards to my picks, maybe over McNabb... but I think he's due. Plus, Ben's clutch and when he's great he's great, but I also think it's time for Rodgers to establish himself.

Green Bay's good, they got history like the Steelers and Ben isn't a year in year out type of 100 qb rating guy like the top 3 picks I made.

Just my opinion mind you, maybe Stafford will be the best QB this year?

doobs_05
06-24-2009, 05:50 PM
I would pick, Donovan, Matt, Peyton, Ben, and Philip

Just after the year each of them had every team is watching. i would pick Tom but after his injuries you have to wait til a couple weeks.

Three7s
06-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Not just that, the guy is an absolute monster. The whole reason I gave him the number one spot on my list is because he can literally carry the offense on his back. He's everything any team would want in a QB.

Big Daddy Tek
06-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Not just that, the guy is an absolute monster. The whole reason I gave him the number one spot on my list is because he can literally carry the offense on his back. He's everything any team would want in a QB.

I wouldnt go that far. Ill admit. he has progressed into an awsome player, but you have to remember that the Steelers won that 1st Super Bowl DESPITE having Big Ben at QB. He was nothing more than an obsticle for them to have to overcome. He's obviously not that anymore, but I just have to point that out.

Three7s
06-24-2009, 10:06 PM
I wouldnt go that far. Ill admit. he has progressed into an awsome player, but you have to remember that the Steelers won that 1st Super Bowl DESPITE having Big Ben at QB. He was nothing more than an obsticle for them to have to overcome. He's obviously not that anymore, but I just have to point that out.
True, that he didn't have the best game, but like Bike said, when he's gotta turn it up, he always does. A lot of guys always look at numbers when evaluating QBs, but what Rothlisberger does goes far beyond the stat sheets. The Steelers had almost no O-line last year, and was constantly under pressure, but even so, he would just break the tackles and find someone downfield. He really just has all the intangibles.

DT14PRIEST
06-24-2009, 10:38 PM
1. Ingle Martin
2. Rex Grossman
3. Jim Sorgi
4. Ryan Fitzpatrick
5. Brad Johnson

:11:

Three7s
06-24-2009, 11:07 PM
1. Ingle Martin
2. Rex Grossman
3. Jim Sorgi
4. Ryan Fitzpatrick
5. Brad Johnson

:11:
I don't see Tavarris Jackson or Jamarcus Russel on that list!

hometeam
06-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I cant believe roth is getting so much more love than rivers.

from a QB standpoint rivers is just alot better.

honda522
06-26-2009, 10:04 PM
I have

Brady - Is looking to be making up for last seasons loss, plus the SB loss.

Rivers - Has matured and wants to win.

Ryan - Look who he has now.

Rodgers - He was competitive last year, I would expect the to be even more this year.

DT14PRIEST
06-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't see Jamarcus Russel on that list!

He's a QB? I thought he was the second Center!

:fatlock:

tornadospotter
06-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Me!!! Because I would be scarily as a QB, The fans would hate me, the opponents would love me. So that would make me the most feared QB, of the Chief Nation.

tornadospotter
06-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Becuase I would suck, for the fader or donks and dolt fans that do not get it, and are lost and clue less.

Three7s
06-27-2009, 09:55 AM

Rivers? He's just a whiner.

Bike
06-27-2009, 11:37 AM

Incorrect. Ben at times absolutely willed that offense to score. Ben got beat up, sacked, chased, clobbered, hurried - seemingly every play. But he just kept winning. Can't say that for Quivers. He may have a good arm, but doesn't have the intangibles Ben has. Yet.