PDA

View Full Version : I knew I liked Chris Carter for a reason !

YZILLA
07-01-2009, 04:50 PM
A video on who he thinks will be the breakout receiver of 2009:

Dwayne Bowe - ESPN Video - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4299028)

Vanilla Garilla
07-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Chris Carter is almost right on the money with this one, however, Even though I wish it was true, D Bowe will never be the receiver Fitzgerald is.

pbatrucker
07-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Good post. Bowe has all the physical tools. Maybe this coaching staff can work on his concentration.

Three7s
07-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Don't be so sure VG, DBowe is a bad man and he can jump just as high if not higher than Fitz. If he can get his hands working to web sling those balls in he could be a as$ kickin WR. After that catch when it had appeared the ball was going to Gonzales and Bowe came flying in like friggin Superman to catch it for the TD , that was just plain sweet. Even TG was surprised to see it and they laughed as they both ran off the field.
He swooped in out of no where because he wasn't supposed to be there! He ran the wrong route.

No doubt, Bowe has all the physical tools, with the exception of speed, but until he stops dropping balls, he'll just be an alright receiver. When I see him not drop any over a prolonged period of time and he's constantly producing, then I'll say he's near the top.

Vanilla Garilla
07-01-2009, 09:19 PM
He swooped in out of no where because he wasn't supposed to be there! He ran the wrong route.

No doubt, Bowe has all the physical tools, with the exception of speed, but until he stops dropping balls, he'll just be an alright receiver. When I see him not drop any over a prolonged period of time and he's constantly producing, then I'll say he's near the top.

Agreed 100%. Until he catches nearly everything that is thrown his direction, and stops dropping the ones that hit his hands, he will never be directly compared to Fitzgerald. I'm not saying Bowe is bad by any means, I am sooo thankful to have him, I just think its a long-shot putting him up there with Fitzgerald.:bananen_smilies046:

Big Daddy Tek
07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Agreed 100%. Until he catches nearly everything that is thrown his direction, and stops dropping the ones that hit his hands, he will never be directly compared to Fitzgerald. I'm not saying Bowe is bad by any means, I am sooo thankful to have him, I just think its a long-shot putting him up there with Fitzgerald.:bananen_smilies046:
Well Vanilla, considering that you still have Tony G. as your sig. picture, Im gonna assume that you are / were a pretty big fan of his. With that said, you might remember that Tony dropped alot of passes his second year. In training camp last year, Tony was even saying that Dwayne would have to work really hard not to go through that. Im almost positive that Tony dropped 14 passes his second year, the same number as D-Bo, but I couldnt find the stat any where so Im not sure. The only thing I found was an old article saying that Tony G. was gonna have to be more consistent if he wanted to be any good. He turned out to be pretty good... I guess.

rodu
07-01-2009, 11:04 PM
It'll be tough for Bowe. With no Tony G demanding a double team, opposing teams can concentrate on Bowe, as no one else among our receivers frighten them

Big Daddy Tek
07-01-2009, 11:40 PM
It'll be tough for Bowe. With no Tony G demanding a double team, opposing teams can concentrate on Bowe, as no one else among our receivers frighten them

I dont think Chan Gailey and Todd Haley are worried about not being able to create a game plan able to get D-BO open. These guys are both one of the best in the biz. If a defense wants to target D-BO, THEY WILL take advantage of that. Thats when D-BO starts to get open.

honda522
07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Don't be so sure VG, DBowe is a bad man and he can jump just as high if not higher than Fitz. If he can get his hands working to web sling those balls in he could be a as$ kickin WR. After that catch when it had appeared the ball was going to Gonzales and Bowe came flying in like friggin Superman to catch it for the TD , that was just plain sweet. Even TG was surprised to see it and they laughed as they both ran off the field.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/07/1.jpg

Talking about that?>

Chiefster
07-02-2009, 01:33 AM
I sure hope Chris is right; if he is then he will become my favorite football analist. :D

Vanilla Garilla
07-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Well Vanilla, considering that you still have Tony G. as your sig. picture, Im gonna assume that you are / were a pretty big fan of his. With that said, you might remember that Tony dropped alot of passes his second year. In training camp last year, Tony was even saying that Dwayne would have to work really hard not to go through that. Im almost positive that Tony dropped 14 passes his second year, the same number as D-Bo, but I couldnt find the stat any where so Im not sure. The only thing I found was an old article saying that Tony G. was gonna have to be more consistent if he wanted to be any good. He turned out to be pretty good... I guess.

I like Bowe ALOT!!! I think he is one of the top ten recievers in the league, and he sometimes he shows flashes of Randy Moss, and is built practically the same. But like i said before, until he becomes consistent, he will not be the AFC version of Fitzgerald.

And to your point about Tony Gonzales, I never once thought Tony was going to be the best tight end of all time during the first few years of his career, its something that we began to see in the early part of this decade. With that said, who knows what the future holds for Bowe, but as of right now, he is clearly not as valuable as Fitzgerald.

And before you argue that point, you cannot tell me with a straight face that you would not be extremely happy if there was an even trade between KC and Arizona, Bowe for Fitzgerald.

Big Daddy Tek
07-02-2009, 10:54 PM
I like Bowe ALOT!!! I think he is one of the top ten recievers in the league, and he sometimes he shows flashes of Randy Moss, and is built practically the same. But like i said before, until he becomes consistent, he will not be the AFC version of Fitzgerald.

And to your point about Tony Gonzales, I never once thought Tony was going to be the best tight end of all time during the first few years of his career, its something that we began to see in the early part of this decade. With that said, who knows what the future holds for Bowe, but as of right now, he is clearly not as valuable as Fitzgerald.

And before you argue that point, you cannot tell me with a straight face that you would not be extremely happy if there was an even trade between KC and Arizona, Bowe for Fitzgerald.

I agree that neither one of us have any idea if D-BO will progress like T.G did after a similar start. I just dont want us to get to wrapped up in drop balls after his sophmore season. As far as trading for Fitz. Obviously cool. But there has to be something said for drafting a guy and him becoming a star, rather than buying yourself a stud. I like D-BO and want him on my team.