PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what I want to do.

honda522
07-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I still can't figure out what I truly want to do with my life.

How did you find out what you wanted to do?

Canada
07-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Accidentally got a girl pregnant (twice) and had to get a good job!!

N TX Dave
07-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Well I went in to the Army (not by choice by the way, my friends and neighbors called me = drafted) and tried several things until I found something I liked repairing computer back in the early 70's and been doing it since.

Vanilla Garilla
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM

What is it you love to do?

I love to write, and I love business management. So it was obvious to me that I needed to go to college for either or both. The path I am on right now I do both, I am a manager as a career, and I write in my spare time about the two things I love the most: The Chiefs and Video Games.

So I guess you need to ask yourself what it is you love to do, and figure out how your going to get there. You will figure it out with time, i did not realize what I wanted to do until I was 24, and I am 26 now. So you have time, and do not need to rush anything.

honda522
07-08-2009, 02:35 PM
What is it you love to do?

I love to write, and I love business management. So it was obvious to me that I needed to go to college for either or both. The path I am on right now I do both, I am a manager as a career, and I write in my spare time about the two things I love the most: The Chiefs and Video Games.

So I guess you need to ask yourself what it is you love to do, and figure out how your going to get there. You will figure it out with time, i did not realize what I wanted to do until I was 24, and I am 26 now. So you have time, and do not need to rush anything.
Well I asked myself this before. Music and football. But I don't see myself being involved in football or music.

I was considering getting a degree in Geology, but do I really do that? Then I thought about a BA in Marine Sceince. But I still don't know.

There is only one thing I know I want, and that is to move to Hawaii. Been my dream ever since I was 7. I wont let anything stop me from getting there.

honda522
07-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I wanted to be in the Special Forces and retire in the Military. I did half of that as my broken back won't allow me to finish out to 20 yrs, I got in 8 of them :D
After that I decided to try music, gotta tell ya bro that is a steep mountain to climb but, if you choose it I wish you all the luck in the world.
PFC Todd Blackburn? :lol:

doobs_05
07-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I loved playing video games so i decided to learn Video game Design....went and did online classes but didn't finish then got a letter saying i owed $25,000 in loans so i got back in school and i'm still trying to get my degree and hopefuly create a game that kicks ***

Vanilla Garilla
07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Well I asked myself this before. Music and football. But I don't see myself being involved in football or music.

I was considering getting a degree in Geology, but do I really do that? Then I thought about a BA in Marine Sceince. But I still don't know.

There is only one thing I know I want, and that is to move to Hawaii. Been my dream ever since I was 7. I wont let anything stop me from getting there.

Well if you want to move to Hawaii, your best bet is to get a degree in Marine Science. But geology would work too because that place is a hot bed of volcanic activity.

Anyways, time is on your side. Dont rush anything, and more than likely your dream jobs will change over time. I went from wanting to be a pro football player ages 6-18, to a politician 17-current, and a writer from 15-current, And now I fell in love with business management. So dont rush or worry because you will figure it out on your own, in your own time.

N TX Dave
07-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I was a E-6 Staff Sargent and who the hell is Todd Blackburn?:bananen_smilies046:

Probably his rank and name. I was also an E-6 but I was a Spec-6. My son went the Air Force and has 15 years in now and is an E-7 and a 1st Shirt.

honda522
07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I was a E-6 Staff Sargent and who the hell is Todd Blackburn?:bananen_smilies046:
Please tell me you have seen Black Hawk Down.

He was the guy in the Black Hawk that fell and I am sure he broke his back. I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone. Hell, for all of could have known you could of been him.

Bike
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I would like to be a quality control engineer at Blvd. Brewery. I have some practical experience in this area.

Canada
07-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I would like to be a quality control engineer at Blvd. Brewery. I have some practical experience in this area.

Need an assistant?:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
07-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Need an assistant?:bananen_smilies046:
I'm afraid you're over-qualified.:D

AussieChiefsFan
07-10-2009, 03:04 AM
This could be a question relating me in a few years!

hermhater
07-11-2009, 08:27 PM
I got a computer when I was a kid and never looked back.

You should be a graphic artist.

Good money, enjoyable work.

AussieChiefsFan
07-11-2009, 08:47 PM

You talking to me or Honda?

hermhater
07-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Anyone who wants to listen to my wisdom...

honda522
07-11-2009, 10:17 PM

I actually hate computers. They hate me.

AussieChiefsFan
07-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I actually hate computers. They hate me.
:scared2:

honda522
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
:scared2:
I always have problems with them breaking. Seriously, I am on my third laptop. Although I beleieve the first one was my moms fault, and the second one was a hand me down, so this third one is pretty sweet.

AussieChiefsFan
07-12-2009, 09:26 AM
I always have problems with them breaking. Seriously, I am on my third laptop. Although I beleieve the first one was my moms fault, and the second one was a hand me down, so this third one is pretty sweet.
Does it have a wide screen? Oh yea, and what brand is it (and what OS?)

:bananen_smilies046:

honda522
07-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Does it have a wide screen? Oh yea, and what brand is it (and what OS?)

HP Vista 17" screen. Premium Sound.

AussieChiefsFan
07-12-2009, 09:52 AM
HP Vista 17" screen. Premium Sound.
Nice.

hermhater
07-12-2009, 06:58 PM
You should build your own computer.

I'll hook you up.

AussieChiefsFan
07-12-2009, 09:23 PM

I'll hook you up.
Me? My dad makes them for me (and my brother).

honda522
07-12-2009, 11:56 PM
OMG! Seriously, I think I have just changed my mind again. I just found out about HPU, and not that I want to go there, but it might be something I should look into.

AH!

AussieChiefsFan
07-13-2009, 12:51 AM
OMG! Seriously, I think I have just changed my mind again. I just found out about HPU, and not that I want to go there, but it might be something I should look into.

AH!
Hawaii is a very nice place. And it's part of the US.

Bike
07-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Me? My dad makes them for me (and my brother).
And I've built them for my kids...

Bike
07-13-2009, 08:25 AM

I'll hook you up.
I agree. I want what I want and not all the extra crap and bloatware. Newegg has been great for me...

honda522
07-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey Chris, if your cousin decides she doesn't want that PC back let me know. I would be happy to pay for the shipping to have you send it to me. I can most likely use some of the parts off it to finish one of the 3 PCs I have sitting on my work bench right now.
Not sure you want that peice of crap :lol: it needs to be melted down/

Keep in mind that Hawaii is very expensive to live at as it is a tourist trap LOL!!!!!!!:welcome:
Keep in mind, I know this. ;) I wont even say how many times I have been there.

AussieChiefsFan
07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
And I've built them for my kids...
Nice.:bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
07-13-2009, 08:53 PM
PC's are easy to work on as far as Hardware but Software can get kinda crazy.
It sure can! :francis:

tammietailgator
07-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I train dogs and I am a vet tech.... but you gotta love animals and not mind all the gross stuff that goes along with it. I knew I was good with training dogs (got it from my Grandpa who was even able to train a Coyote as a pet) So I now train people to train dogs and deal with behavior issues in dogs. I am also interested in writing and becoming a very well known trainer... I think I am on my way at least in my area, but I am back in college to get a degree... the most important thing that I have learned is, unless you are Cesar Milan who is amazing but also got a lucky break.... people really look at your credentials. Get a degree.

hermhater
07-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Good advice tammie.