PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs Weakest Link

dbolan
07-16-2009, 10:44 AM
In my opinion, the weakest link is WR's. Still, we have Bowe which is a good thing but I am not overly enthused about it because we have serious question marks with the rest of the WR corp. Engram may be a "go to" guy but he is not gonna be a game-breaking threat every time he gets the ball. Bradley, as mentioned in another thread, is still a question mark.

I think the O-Line is gonna be improved this year due to the addition of Goff (leadership and work ethic), Albert's seasoning and the new coaching staff.

What do you think?

honda522
07-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't see how. DBowe got over 1000 even with butter fingers.

The weakest link is the defense. We could have won so many games last year but the defense failed. The new defense has yet to prove them self.

And without a defense we will not get close to the Superbowl.

dbolan
07-16-2009, 11:47 AM
My stance is not somuch with Bowe. My point is that the rec. corp in general is nothing to be to excited about.

Our defense will be improved from last year. Our WR's are more questionable, to me.

Seek
07-16-2009, 12:43 PM
The weakest Link is O-line. It has been since Willie Roaf and Will Shields retired.

The spread offense and mobility of Thigpen hid the poor performance from every player on the line. The lack of a running game didn't.

I agree the addition of Goff and additional year for Albert will help, but I still question if Brian Waters is on a rapid decline or if he just had two consecutive bad season, I still question if Niswanger is even a capable starter, and help us at RT. Taylor or Robinson, please step up. There is also zero depth. We need last years depth to start this year.

Also, Goff didn't hit the free agency market and get a big pay day instantly. That is a clear sign that he is on the decline. I can't expect a dramatic increase in production with him, but he has to be an improvement.

Matt Cassel was one of the most sacked QB's in the leage with a decent offensive line and some of the best receivers in the game. I know he got better as the season went along, but we don't have Patriot receivers nor their line.

It won't matter who is catching the ball if your QB does not have time to throw ball receivers won't have time to get open. Also, if there is no running game to keep defenses honest, they will apply even more pressure to the passing game.

jmlamerson
07-16-2009, 12:43 PM
In my opinion, the weakest link is WR's. Still, we have Bowe which is a good thing but I am not overly enthused about it because we have serious question marks with the rest of the WR corp. Engram may be a "go to" guy but he is not gonna be a game-breaking threat every time he gets the ball. Bradley, as mentioned in another thread, is still a question mark.

I think the O-Line is gonna be improved this year due to the addition of Goff (leadership and work ethic), Albert's seasoning and the new coaching staff.

What do you think?

While our WR corps isn't great, our weakest links (by far) are our offensive line and defensive line.

On our OL we have a LT whose shown promise but hasn't logged a year at LT in a pro-style offense, either in college or in the NFL. Our older Pro Bowl LG is very unhappy. Our C also showed promise, but was a pretty weak link in 2008. Our RG is older and is in his first year with the team. Our RT is Damien F'n McIntosh. Our depth is pretty lousy too. We'll be better than in 2008, simply because Niswanger and Albert are older, and because Goff is 100x better than Jones, but we aren't "good" yet.

On our DL, we do not have a single player whose played his current position in the NFL. Tank/Edwards had trouble against single teams in the 4-3. How will they do doubled in the 3-4? Dorsey is quite a bit shorter than the average 3-4 DE, and has never played the position before. Magee and Jackson are rookies. We'll get there eventually, and we should be vastly improved against the run, but getting pressure on the QB in 2009 will be a challenge.

Bowe, Bradley, Engram, and Copper aren't going to be the greatest show on turf or anything. But they'll be good enough for 2009.

EDIT: What Seek wrote

Chiefster
07-16-2009, 07:24 PM
YouTube - You are the weakest link, Goodbye

IlovetheChiefs
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Does it look like LJ will be a Chief this year? I had been worried we would lose both TG and LJ but since LJ is still here in mid July I guess it's promising he will stay. But if he does go, then I think we'd be weak at the running game. Kolby Smith is okay but not great. And Jamaal Charles almost always gave us a 15 yard carry each game but the problem is he only took about 5 carries per game. Unproven how he'd do with 20 or more carries a game.

Big Daddy Tek
07-16-2009, 11:44 PM
While our WR corps isn't great, our weakest links (by far) are our offensive line and defensive line.

On our OL we have a LT whose shown promise but hasn't logged a year at LT in a pro-style offense, either in college or in the NFL. Our older Pro Bowl LG is very unhappy. Our C also showed promise, but was a pretty weak link in 2008. Our RG is older and is in his first year with the team. Our RT is Damien F'n McIntosh. Our depth is pretty lousy too. We'll be better than in 2008, simply because Niswanger and Albert are older, and because Goff is 100x better than Jones, but we aren't "good" yet.

On our DL, we do not have a single player whose played his current position in the NFL. Tank/Edwards had trouble against single teams in the 4-3. How will they do doubled in the 3-4? Dorsey is quite a bit shorter than the average 3-4 DE, and has never played the position before. Magee and Jackson are rookies. We'll get there eventually, and we should be vastly improved against the run, but getting pressure on the QB in 2009 will be a challenge.

Bowe, Bradley, Engram, and Copper aren't going to be the greatest show on turf or anything. But they'll be good enough for 2009.

EDIT: What Seek wrote

You know whats funny J? Every single point that you made is 100% un-arguable and right on point, but you have to admit that you have this little feeling in your stomach that with Clancy runnin the D, your expectations might be blown into pieces. With the off-set defenses that we will run (not a true 3-4 or 4-3) and if the coaches put our players in the right positions, we might be much better than you think. If they can get Dorsey some space on the end and maybe hide Tamba in and out of coverage zones or something, I mean you never know. New leaders on Defense, safeties flying all over in and out of blitzes and even the drafting of mature rookies that can transition quickly into the NFL. Blah, blah, blah you get the point, alots changed. This D might be something special.

OK, Honestly, Im probably at 95 % agreement with what you wrote, maybe even 100, but I hope that we are both eating crow 4 months from now!

jmlamerson
07-17-2009, 12:25 AM
You know whats funny J? Every single point that you made is 100% un-arguable and right on point, but you have to admit that you have this little feeling in your stomach that with Clancy runnin the D, your expectations might be blown into pieces. With the off-set defenses that we will run (not a true 3-4 or 4-3) and if the coaches put our players in the right positions, we might be much better than you think. If they can get Dorsey some space on the end and maybe hide Tamba in and out of coverage zones or something, I mean you never know. New leaders on Defense, safeties flying all over in and out of blitzes and even the drafting of mature rookies that can transition quickly into the NFL. Blah, blah, blah you get the point, alots changed. This D might be something special.

OK, Honestly, Im probably at 95 % agreement with what you wrote, maybe even 100, but I hope that we are both eating crow 4 months from now!

Me too, man. Me too. I'd love nothing more than for the Chiefs to be this years Dolphins or Falcons and shock the world. I keep thinking to myself that if Haley and Pendergast can turn guys like Bryan Robinson and Mike Gandy into real players, then maybe they can do the same for Tank and McIntosh.

I might have written about our DL harsher than I really feel/hope they'll be. I think we have a very decent shot of being in the top half of the league in run defense. If Brown can be a stabilizing force at the FS spot, and our young DBs (Pollard, Carr, Flowers) can continue to get better, then we could have at least a respectable pass defense (top-20, maybe).

Our biggest problem in our front seven isn't talent. We have proven talent in DJ, Beisel, Vrabel, and Thomas, and potential in Hali, Jackson, Magee, and Dorsey. Our problem is that our players (except DJ, who needs to man up in 2009) are either at the beginnings or ends of their time at their positions. Time is the only way to fix that problem.

Really, if we end up in the top half of the NFL in run defense, we get 30+ sacks, and two of Magee, Dorsey, or Jackson look like legitimate (or at least passable) DEs of the future, then I'll be thrilled with our DL in 2009. If that happens, then we're just a NT, 2WR, and RT away from serious contention in 2010.

Big Daddy Tek
07-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Me too, man. Me too. I'd love nothing more than for the Chiefs to be this years Dolphins or Falcons and shock the world. I keep thinking to myself that if Haley and Pendergast can turn guys like Bryan Robinson and Mike Gandy into real players, then maybe they can do the same for Tank and McIntosh.

I might have written about our DL harsher than I really feel/hope they'll be. I think we have a very decent shot of being in the top half of the league in run defense. If Brown can be a stabilizing force at the FS spot, and our young DBs (Pollard, Carr, Flowers) can continue to get better, then we could have at least a respectable pass defense (top-20, maybe).

Our biggest problem in our front seven isn't talent. We have proven talent in DJ, Beisel, Vrabel, and Thomas, and potential in Hali, Jackson, Magee, and Dorsey. Our problem is that our players (except DJ, who needs to man up in 2009) are either at the beginnings or ends of their time at their positions. Time is the only way to fix that problem.

Really, if we end up in the top half of the NFL in run defense, we get 30+ sacks, and two of Magee, Dorsey, or Jackson look like legitimate (or at least passable) DEs of the future, then I'll be thrilled with our DL in 2009. If that happens, then we're just a NT, 2WR, and RT away from serious contention in 2010.

Good stuff. Yeah, I love the future of our d-line or atleast the possibilities that exist and if we are talking next year, the O-line might not be too bad either. IF (big IF) Brian Waters can turn around his mentality, we have a great LG with probably 2-3 good years in the tank. We already know what we have at LT. Heres the deal breaker: Niswanger needs to solidify his spot this year. If these things happen, then we are going into next year with only 2 holes remaining, both on the right side. Now, Im just assuming that Goff is going to be decent when I consider it a hole, but in the end we might be a draft pick away from being a very good line.

One thing that we cannot over look is the drafting of Colin Brown. Pioli built the entire New England line off of mid to late round draft picks. If we get production out of him I love our chances even more. 2010 looks very promising

hermhater
07-17-2009, 02:38 AM
This thread has a lot opinions in it.

I approve.

yashi
07-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Really, if we end up in the top half of the NFL in run defense, we get 30+ sacks, and two of Magee, Dorsey, or Jackson look like legitimate (or at least passable) DEs of the future, then I'll be thrilled with our DL in 2009.

I'll be thrilled too, but 30 sacks would shock me. Hali is reportedly struggling at OLB and is being projected to lose that job to Beisel, who has 4.5 sacks for his entire career. Vrabel only had 4 last year, DJ could chip in a few, the DL will likely have no more than 5-6 combined.

Fact is, if someone doesn't step up and become a dominant pass rusher, it's going to be a long season on the defensive side of the ball.

Coach
07-17-2009, 11:13 AM

I also agree that DL could be our biggest point of trouble this year. Pretty sad considering we have used two Top 5 picks in as many years and it is still our biggest weakness. But as Big Daddy stated, I hope I eat crow and watch Pendergrast turn this defense around.

Bike
07-17-2009, 11:21 AM
In my opinion, the weakest link is WR's. What do you think?
Not hardly. Our defense was the worst in the league last year, including a new all-time low for sacks.

Chiefster
07-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I think Coaching and GM was the weakest link last year.

Bike
07-17-2009, 12:00 PM
I stand corrected. :11:

Chiefster
07-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I stand corrected. :11:

It all starts at the top. :D

Chiefster
07-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Nice first post! Welcome aboard! :)

Bike
07-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Well im new to the forum and this is my first post. I would have to say our linebackers are extremely weak. Past DJ i dont have any faith in them. I know thomas is a established vet but lets be honest his legs are gone. Vrabel doesnt want to be here and he also has lost a few steps. Mcbride and Hali are being converted to LB but im hesitant on this because the olb's in the 3-4 need to be great pass rushers which neither of them are. Biesel is a backup at best in the nfl and didnt crack the starting lineup last time he was here. But he does provide decent depth. After this Lb's ill go and say our D-line. You crack only 10 sacks with a front 4 that is just raunchy. At one point babin was looking like the best de we had. Dorsey was a rookie and im iffy on his production at de but i cant wait to see him and jackson on the edge. To me its not ness who is the worst but more who is the most unproven.
Nice 1st post. I will add that this entire team is brand new and unproven. And I don't look for Vrabel and Thomas to be every-down players. But the 20 years of experience these two bring to the table is exactly what this rebuilding defense needs.

pbatrucker
07-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I think everyone makes valid points. I also think Pioli will bring in more players before the start of the season. A number of teams have more WR's than can carry as well as other positions. The Pats have sighned Ron Brace and haven't signed Vice Wilfork yet. Could Wilfork be the next Patroit headed west? Who knows, but we will probally pick up more players from other teams.

yashi
07-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I think everyone makes valid points. I also think Pioli will bring in more players before the start of the season. A number of teams have more WR's than can carry as well as other positions. The Pats have sighned Ron Brace and haven't signed Vice Wilfork yet. Could Wilfork be the next Patroit headed west? Who knows, but we will probally pick up more players from other teams.

I don't see them resigning him after drafting Brace, but Wilfork is going to command big $$$ next year. I for one hope Pioli splurges a bit to get him on our DL, assuming Tank doesn't somehow completely break out this year.

jmlamerson
07-17-2009, 02:52 PM

I think the Pats do with Wilfork what they did with Cassel. Let him play out that last season of his contract (to give Brace at least a season of NFL conditioning) and then tag/trade him in 2010. They'll be able to get a pretty great deal for him - at least a low 1st or a couple 2nds - from the Dolphins, Chiefs, or Broncos.

Chiefster
07-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Exactly but my only issue is outside of their maybe 2 down contribution( they could prove me wrong and be everydown players but i doubt it) They can only show people so much until our lack of talent on the defense just isnt enough. I really loved the addition of mike brown he will be huge in helping our young secondary. I think out of any spot on the defense the secondary has the best upside right now. I know we have a few vets on the D-line but i would love them to get a older pro bowl type to really show this team how its done. I think Jackson will be a pleasant suprise and be a STRONG 3-4 end. He has the size motivation and pure ability to do it. I would love to see kc pick up a marvin harrison simply because he may not be the same player but i think he would be a HUGE addition to kc. You could put engram and harrison at 3/4 on the depth and really has some great exp to help out our young wideouts. Harrison could really help bowe to HOLD ONTO the ball.

Bowe has been just a bit inconsistant.

Chiefster
07-17-2009, 03:19 PM
last year he was really bad lol he looked like braylon edwards jr

Who???

Chiefster
07-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Braylon Edwars.. browns wideout ... lead league in drops lol

Ah, that explains why I've not heard of him.

Big Daddy Tek
07-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Well im new to the forum and this is my first post. I would have to say our linebackers are extremely weak. Past DJ i dont have any faith in them. I know thomas is a established vet but lets be honest his legs are gone. Vrabel doesnt want to be here and he also has lost a few steps. Mcbride and Hali are being converted to LB but im hesitant on this because the olb's in the 3-4 need to be great pass rushers which neither of them are. Biesel is a backup at best in the nfl and didnt crack the starting lineup last time he was here. But he does provide decent depth. After this Lb's ill go and say our D-line. You crack only 10 sacks with a front 4 that is just raunchy. At one point babin was looking like the best de we had. Dorsey was a rookie and im iffy on his production at de but i cant wait to see him and jackson on the edge. To me its not ness who is the worst but more who is the most unproven.

I think that you are way off with the linebacker analysis. Pioli got linebackers that would fit into our system. You have to understand that age is not a huge deal in the 3-4. Athleticism in the 4-3 is huge because there is alot of field to cover, but in the 3-4 its all about everybody being were they are supposed to be at the right time. Smart players are the #1 need in the second level (linebackers) of a 3-4 defense. the field that they cover is much smaller, especially if you can confuse the blocking scheme and get to the QB faster. Thats why the patriots have been so succesful with old LB's. Its the same reason why Junior Seau was a great pickup for them. They want brains over speed at that position. Its the same reason that Adalius Thomas (one of the most athletic players in the league) was the Pats weak link at LB. The other big thing is that these guys dont miss tackles. You have 3 or 4 smart vets at LB and when they fill their gaps (which these guys will, perfectly) the running game will be slowed down significantly. Now of coarse our front 3 are gonna have to hold up against the O-line, but if they dont, it doesnt matter who our LB's are, we will get ran through. The athletes control the front and the back and the brains control the middle. This will be a huge strength.

As far as Vrabel, you cant say he doesnt want to be a Chief. He didnt go to OTA's. Who cares. He is a rep for the players association and one of the rights as a player is to not have to participate in anything not mandatory. As a player rep, I wouldnt expect him to do anything other than excercise his rights, after all, thats what union reps do. He has and will give you the same exact answer. Just as Tony did, since demanding a trade a year ago, Vrabel will play to the best of his ability until he is no longer asked to do so. He is a professional.

jmlamerson
07-17-2009, 11:33 PM
I think that you are way off with the linebacker analysis. Pioli got linebackers that would fit into our system. You have to understand that age is not a huge deal in the 3-4. Athleticism in the 4-3 is huge because there is alot of field to cover, but in the 3-4 its all about everybody being were they are supposed to be at the right time. Smart players are the #1 need in the second level (linebackers) of a 3-4 defense. the field that they cover is much smaller, especially if you can confuse the blocking scheme and get to the QB faster. Thats why the patriots have been so succesful with old LB's. Its the same reason why Junior Seau was a great pickup for them. They want brains over speed at that position. Its the same reason that Adalius Thomas (one of the most athletic players in the league) was the Pats weak link at LB. The other big thing is that these guys dont miss tackles. You have 3 or 4 smart vets at LB and when they fill their gaps (which these guys will, perfectly) the running game will be slowed down significantly. Now of coarse our front 3 are gonna have to hold up against the O-line, but if they dont, it doesnt matter who our LB's are, we will get ran through. The athletes control the front and the back and the brains control the middle. This will be a huge strength.

As far as Vrabel, you cant say he doesnt want to be a Chief. He didnt go to OTA's. Who cares. He is a rep for the players association and one of the rights as a player is to not have to participate in anything not mandatory. As a player rep, I wouldnt expect him to do anything other than excercise his rights, after all, thats what union reps do. He has and will give you the same exact answer. Just as Tony did, since demanding a trade a year ago, Vrabel will play to the best of his ability until he is no longer asked to do so. He is a professional.

Agreed. Our LB corps has questions at OLB - Beisel's too small and Hali is learning - but it's the strongest part of our defense. Vrabel (who will play at his perennial high level in 2009) and Thomas (ditto) have a two years apiece left in the tank, DJ should (finally) achieve his potential under a real DC, and Beisel/Hali should be at least adequate at LOLB.

I'm worried about a lot of pieces of the Chiefs right now, but our LB corps is one piece I feel relatively OK about.

Chief Tyler
07-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Here's a list of what I feel are the weakest to strongest aspects of the team right now, (everything is subject to change as the season draws nearer and we hear whats going on at training camp):

1. Special Teams - The only real strong spot right now is the punting game.
2. Offensive Line - Albert is only going to get better, Waters is on the decline, Goff was a nice pickup, but I don't trust Ghiaciuc, Niswanger or Macintosh.
3. Receivers - Could be solid if they're healthy throughout the season, not a big deal though, they'll look incredible if the OL steps up.
4. Defensive Line - Could be a miracle unit or could be a bust, I don't think Dorsey is the answer at DE, give him some DT experience in the hybrid system and get him out of here asap, Tank feels comfortable, I'll wait and see though, hopefully Jackson lives up to the number 3 pick that he is, but I wouldn't be surprised at a slow start.
5. Linebackers - DB's could go here, but I put Linebackers a spot weaker because of depth. I like the tentative starting 4 for this year, good veteran leadership in one of the most vocal areas on the field.
6. Defensive Backs - Relatively young, have to love Flowers, Carr, Pollard and (and possibly Page and Morgan with the right coaching) for the future, Brown is just going to make them better.
7. Runningbacks - LJ, Charles should be a pretty potent 1, 2, with Savage working with Holmes and Smith there's impressive depth.
8. Quarterbacks - If Cassel doesn't turn out to be the next great QB I won't be surprised or disappointed, but I do believe he is going to make everybody better on the field and off. It's nice to have a young reserve with some solid experience in Thigpen, and Croyle would be one of the best 3rd stringers in the league.

hermhater
07-18-2009, 02:48 AM
GO CHIEFS!!!

Bike
07-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Exactly but my only issue is outside of their maybe 2 down contribution( they could prove me wrong and be everydown players but i doubt it) They can only show people so much until our lack of talent on the defense just isnt enough. I really loved the addition of mike brown he will be huge in helping our young secondary. I think out of any spot on the defense the secondary has the best upside right now. I know we have a few vets on the D-line but i would love them to get a older pro bowl type to really show this team how its done. I think Jackson will be a pleasant suprise and be a STRONG 3-4 end. He has the size motivation and pure ability to do it. I would love to see kc pick up a marvin harrison simply because he may not be the same player but i think he would be a HUGE addition to kc. You could put engram and harrison at 3/4 on the depth and really has some great exp to help out our young wideouts. Harrison could really help bowe to HOLD ONTO the ball.
I find it interesting that you think 33 y/o Vrabel and 36 y/o Thomas can only show people so much, but 36 y/o Harrison would be a HUGE p/u for KC and could really help Bowe hold on to the ball...?:sign0153:

Three7s
07-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I find it interesting that you think 33 y/o Vrabel and 36 y/o Thomas can only show people so much, but 36 y/o Harrison would be a HUGE p/u for KC and could really help Bowe hold on to the ball...?:sign0153:
Lol yeah, I had to read that post over a few times.....

Just remember guys, our LB core will NOT be the problem this season. If we get ran over, the only thing to blame is the D-line. These LBs know how to play, even if they've lost a step.

warcrychief
07-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Lol yeah, I had to read that post over a few times.....

Just remember guys, our LB core will NOT be the problem this season. If we get ran over, the only thing to blame is the D-line. These LBs know how to play, even if they've lost a step.

Knowing and being able to preform up to that standard are two different things. with that said i hope they preform to what they know. but yeah they need alot of D-line help too.

honda522
07-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Here's a list of what I feel are the weakest to strongest aspects of the team right now, (everything is subject to change as the season draws nearer and we hear whats going on at training camp):

1. Special Teams - The only real strong spot right now is the punting game.
2. Offensive Line - Albert is only going to get better, Waters is on the decline, Goff was a nice pickup, but I don't trust Ghiaciuc, Niswanger or Macintosh.
3. Receivers - Could be solid if they're healthy throughout the season, not a big deal though, they'll look incredible if the OL steps up.
4. Defensive Line - Could be a miracle unit or could be a bust, I don't think Dorsey is the answer at DE, give him some DT experience in the hybrid system and get him out of here asap, Tank feels comfortable, I'll wait and see though, hopefully Jackson lives up to the number 3 pick that he is, but I wouldn't be surprised at a slow start.
5. Linebackers - DB's could go here, but I put Linebackers a spot weaker because of depth. I like the tentative starting 4 for this year, good veteran leadership in one of the most vocal areas on the field.
6. Defensive Backs - Relatively young, have to love Flowers, Carr, Pollard and (and possibly Page and Morgan with the right coaching) for the future, Brown is just going to make them better.
7. Runningbacks - LJ, Charles should be a pretty potent 1, 2, with Savage working with Holmes and Smith there's impressive depth.
8. Quarterbacks - If Cassel doesn't turn out to be the next great QB I won't be surprised or disappointed, but I do believe he is going to make everybody better on the field and off. It's nice to have a young reserve with some solid experience in Thigpen, and Croyle would be one of the best 3rd stringers in the league.
You don't Niswanger? I thought he was decent for his first year.

Chief Tyler
07-19-2009, 02:11 AM
See your right on one thing that they are smart but you forget the number one thing. The PATS HAD VINCE WILFORK. we do not have a true proven d-line with a dominant NT to keep the lineman off our ILB. I dont care how smart zach and vrabel is most lineman that get ahold of them will win. And as for harrison i think would be a huge improvement because simply he would not have to start. He could be our 4 wideout and give bowe the ropes. And yes show him how to hold onto the ball seeing as how he has some of the best hands ever to play wideout.

You can't be serious. Wilfork is a fairly young player, he was a rookie when NE won their last Super Bowl. The only one of their 3 well known linemen to have been in the league for all 3 was Seymour, and he was a rookie for '01. NE's line was just as bad as ours going into this decade, they grabbed a 4-3 DT who had rookie numbers worse than what Dorsey put up, eventually transitioning to a 3-4. The rest of the line looked worse on paper than ours does/did.

Try doing your homework bud.

Chief Tyler
07-19-2009, 02:13 AM

What do you think?

The WR corps is by no means impressive or stable, but so much more depends on the O-Line, so I rank them weaker, even if there might be more individual talent with that unit.

Chief Tyler
07-19-2009, 10:37 AM
i did my homework no need to insult my intelligence. Wilfork may of been young but he still took on double teams consistently where as noone we have YEt has proven to do that. Numbers dont tale the tell of the tape as game play does. Were his numbers may of not been anything WOW his ability to keep his ilb clean was. So do your homework and stop insulting my intelligence before i have to crack on u

You did your homework yet you run your mouth, insisting that something is true when it isn't? Their Super Bowl years consisted of a weak line full of journeymen players, they built it through the draft, they haven't won a Super Bowl since having the dominant line that they have today. There's other ways to win, and last time I heard 3 other teams have won WITHOUT VINCE WILFORK since he's been around.

Big Daddy Tek
07-19-2009, 04:27 PM
See your right on one thing that they are smart but you forget the number one thing. The PATS HAD VINCE WILFORK. we do not have a true proven d-line with a dominant NT to keep the lineman off our ILB. I dont care how smart zach and vrabel is most lineman that get ahold of them will win. And as for Harrison i think would be a huge improvement because simply he would not have to start. He could be our 4 wideout and give bowe the ropes. And yes show him how to hold onto the ball seeing as how he has some of the best hands ever to play wideout.

We dont need the black Tony Soprano playing wide out for us this year. I dont want him anywhere near my 24 year old wide receiver. As far as teaching him how to catch, the best WR coach in the NFL is our head coach.

jmlamerson
07-19-2009, 09:11 PM
like you run your mouth? just because you say something and i disagree means im wrong? **** that ****... i simply made the point that the pats and other great 3-4 teams do really well with a great nt. Steelers-hampton --- pats--wilfork---chargers--J williams--cards--darnell dockett--kelly gregg and while they are not all GREAT players they all do one thing that makes there defenses excell and take up 2 offensive lineman on a regular basis. Therefor my point i made is correct and you are a ****ing moron

FYI Dockett isn't a NT. Bryan Robinson is the Cards NT when they're in the 3-4.

Sn@keIze
07-19-2009, 09:46 PM
I remember thinkn the same thing when we signed him.

But then i looked at Zachs tackles last year and he had 94! (and in 34 D at that I think).

He will force more runners to outside i think.

Sn@keIze
07-20-2009, 03:17 AM
What is up with all the cyber bullying lately.

geez

give the new guy a break.

Three7s
07-20-2009, 03:35 AM
What is up with all the cyber bullying lately.

geez

give the new guy a break.
The cool kids call it "trolling".

Big Daddy Tek
07-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Your intelligence is not the one of the highest I have encountered (indeed, it may be among the lowest), and your knowledge of football leaves very, very much to be desired.

I think everyone would agree that this insult (well, more fact than insult) is very polite.

Polite indeed to Sir Chris the Jester!

Coach
07-21-2009, 12:06 AM
I cleaned up the thread. Back on topic please. This is/was a good thread.

hermhater
07-21-2009, 12:19 AM

Post of the century?

tornadospotter
07-21-2009, 12:21 AM
I cleaned up the thread. Back on topic please. This is/was a good thread.
:sign0148:

Chiefster
07-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Post of the century?

Affirmation of the century. :D :bananen_smilies046:

LargoChief
07-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey man, you can say wehat you want but I think the most important thing is that we have a group of people involved in this thing off the field who actually want to win!! They don't care about the press or any of that crap. Our GM is used to being in and winning Super Bowls, our coach was just there. These guys won't accept second best, not trying to say that we are going to the bowl this year, but ya never know, it just feels good to be lead by people who will do what it takes to win. None of this 'five year plan' crap!! Look at Brandon Albert, losing all that weight!! C'mon, man these guys needed a kick in the can along with the front office. It's about time, GO CHIEFS!

Big Daddy Tek
07-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey man, you can say wehat you want but I think the most important thing is that we have a group of people involved in this thing off the field who actually want to win!! They don't care about the press or any of that crap. Our GM is used to being in and winning Super Bowls, our coach was just there. These guys won't accept second best, not trying to say that we are going to the bowl this year, but ya never know, it just feels good to be lead by people who will do what it takes to win. None of this 'five year plan' crap!! Look at Brandon Albert, losing all that weight!! C'mon, man these guys needed a kick in the can along with the front office. It's about time, GO CHIEFS!

Good goin Largo. Im with ya. The mentality is different and losing is NOT OK!

LargoChief
07-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Man, I'm psyched. I got sick of Peterson, Pioli is a smart guy. I think we will have a lot of players in and out during camp and we will surely get a WR, who, remains to be seen.

Big Daddy Tek
07-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Man, I'm psyched. I got sick of Peterson, Pioli is a smart guy. I think we will have a lot of players in and out during camp and we will surely get a WR, who, remains to be seen.

D-Bowe will have a break out year. As far as #2 oe 3, its time to jump on the Quenten Lawrence band wagon.

royalswin100games
07-22-2009, 10:40 PM
McIntosh is by far the weakest link.

hermhater
07-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Is he still even with the team?

hermhater
07-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Damn it looks like he still is.

jap1
07-22-2009, 11:34 PM
McIntosh is by far the weakest link.

I have hope for him. He did well last year in the running game. And he improved in the passing game (although that was in the spread). Last year was his first on the right side, so Im hoping with another offseason on the R side will help him improve greatly.

AkChief49
07-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Damn it looks like he still is.
he(Sackintosh) has also dropped some weight-we'll see if he is lighter on his feet, and hopefully Cassell is still standing on his