PDA

View Full Version : Herm

Bike
07-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Although many here may disagree, I really miss Herm Edwards. I really thought that Herm was thee best HC this organization has seen since its inception. Herm really was a players coach and he definetly kept the players united as a team. But the most important aspect about Herm is that he coached his players to win the game. I really can't think of a HC/GM combo that exceeded the many contributions to KC more than what Herm and Carl brought. Oh well, time to rebuild again.
Your thoughts please...

Vanilla Garilla
07-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Wow, I hope that was 100% complete sarcasm.

"But the most important aspect about Herm is that he coached his players to win the game." LMFFAOX2

P.S. I would rather eat cat poop with a knitting needle than watch another season with Herm Edwards and Carl Petersen in charge of The Chiefs.

Bike
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
You have obviosly already forgotten the decisive victories over the donks and faders - 2 inter-divisional coaching masterpieces. Is that sarcastic enough for you? We would have EASILY cleaned up the division this season hadn't Hunt had the short-sightedness to let Herm go before the rebuilding process was complete. Now we'll never know.
Hey, I just thought it was time for me to finally come clean on my beloved Herm Edwards. Someday you people will come to understand what a great head coach Herm was for this organization.

jmlamerson
07-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeeh, f*** Hank Stram and Jack Steadman. What did they ever do for the team? Would they have had the guts to trade Jared Allen, to run LJ into the ground in 2006, to place all their hopes with Brodie Croyle, to run the Cover 2 without Cover 2 personnel, and to ditch almost every useful vet and replace them with late round draft picks? Hell no!

Bike
07-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeeh, f*** Hank Stram and Jack Steadman. What did they ever do for the team? Would they have had the guts to trade Jared Allen, to run LJ into the ground in 2006, to place all their hopes with Brodie Croyle, to run the Cover 2 without Cover 2 personnel, and to ditch almost every useful vet and replace them with late round draft picks? Hell no!
Although I agree with most of your posts JM, you are wrong on this one. If Herm had been coaching back in the day, we would had easily CRUSHED Green bay for TWO superbowl victories. Lets get real. There is no way Stram could manage these modern-day players in the 2000's. Herm was thee top personnel manager of this and any other decade - bar NONE.

Bike
07-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Wow, I hope that was 100% complete sarcasm.

"But the most important aspect about Herm is that he coached his players to win the game." LMFFAOX2

P.S. I would rather eat cat poop with a knitting needle than watch another season with Herm Edwards and Carl Petersen in charge of The Chiefs.
Well VG its time to belly up to the litter box because Clark let go the best HC/GM we've ever had.

jmlamerson
07-18-2009, 02:39 PM
They were the men in charge when the Chiefs won the only Superbowl in the teams history, thats all. With a comment like this I am surprised your not being told to get lost but , I won't because I know how much that Hank Stram did mean to the organization. Maybe you should do some history on the team before you go bashing the men who made it happen in KC.

That whooshing sound is yet another thing going completely over your (presumably pumpkin-shaped) head.

Bike
07-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Herm has been getting trashed on these boards for the past 2 years and I'm really getting tired of it.
Lets pull our heads out of the sand and look at the man as who he really was. We should seriously do what we can as Chiefs fans and use this forum to hopefully get Herm back where he belongs - back in KC!!
WAKE UP.

jmlamerson
07-18-2009, 02:53 PM
What is there to miss? If you have no comment other than a insult or sarcasm then why answer? YOu asked what they did, I told you and if you ask me what they did was one of the KC Chiefs most important things in the history of the team. Without that one victory in Superbowl IV, the Chiefs have no SB wins and no Lombardi trophies. I don't think it is me that is missing anything , rather it would be you.

It's called "sarcasm." I know, I know. It's a big word. But it's what we're doing in this thread. To explain: Bike doesn't really think Herm/CP were the best tandem in Chiefs history. He was making fun of them. I know what Steadman/Stram did, and I was making fun of Herm/CP by comparing them to Stram/Steadman.

I was taught to respect one's elders, but d*mn. There are 12-year-olds who post smarter things than you on this site.

Bike
07-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Never gonna happen . Worst losing season in the Chiefs history , why would they bring him back? So they can lose every game in a season? He could prolly do that LMAO!!!!!!!
I gotta disagree with you there Chris. I firmly believe that the rebuilding process Herm began 2 years ago was about to turn the corner - and that this year and 2010 we would had been the REAL beginning to the dynasty we have all been looking for in KC...

Bike
07-18-2009, 03:14 PM
It's called "sarcasm." I know, I know. It's a big word. But it's what we're doing in this thread. To explain: Bike doesn't really think Herm/CP were the best tandem in Chiefs history. He was making fun of them. I know what Steadman/Stram did, and I was making fun of Herm/CP by comparing them to Stram/Steadman.

I was taught to respect one's elders, but d*mn. There are 12-year-olds who post smarter things than you on this site.
Dude - You are truely LOST. I use to have a little respect for you, but thats out the window.
This is enough bashing for one day. For you to not understand what a great field leader Herm was in his short stay in KC is mind-numbing. How da hell do you even have enough intelligence to turn on your computer?
Time to GROW UP JM.
OUT.

jmlamerson
07-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Dude - You are truely LOST. I use to have a little respect for you, but thats out the window.
This is enough bashing for one day. For you to not understand what a great field leader Herm was in his short stay in KC is mind-numbing. How da hell do you even have enough intelligence to turn on your computer?
Time to GROW UP JM.
OUT.

As your respect is one of those things I need to keep my self-respect, I apologize for ever implying anything less than that you love Herm. It is very clear that your love of him is genuine.

I also see that you are emulating KansasCityChris's way of writing. I commend you for this, as people will only increasingly respect your well thought out opinions.

Vanilla Garilla
07-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes, without Herm the Chiefs are easily going to be the worse team in the division.

Bike
07-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Well, you can say that if you wish but that is your opinion not fact. The dynasty can never be predicted and it kills me when people think it is coming for the team they like to watch simply because they see changes that they agree with. Well, the reality is, Herm didn't have a clue to what he was doing IMO and that is the reason that TG wanted out of KC, he knew that it was hopeless for him to get into a Championship situation with the administration we had and the players on the team and when Clark Hunt fired everything they had been working towards was stopped and restarted so any hope TG had of everything coming into a working plan got stopped. Clark Hunt knew as just about every other person on this planet that loves the Chiefs that Petersen and Herm were just trying to do a complete turn around but the only problem is that neither of them knew how to take the raw talent they had and turn it into the real deal. Herms approach to football is truely unique but his equasion only works in a perfect world. News flash this world is not perfect and that is the reason it wasn't working out. How many games did we have the gamegoing into the 3rd quarter last year only to have the defense run outta gas and allow the opposing team to score and win? How many games did we have the ball on the last drive of the game with an oppertunity to win only to have the ball taken from us or be denied the winning score? All of these situations are a result of the Herm Edwards system, that is why he had never took the Jets anywhere. That is why we had the worst 2 seasons from any HC in the teams history. His system just wasn't good enough. The GM we have now has a proven track record with Lombardi trophies to prove that he knows his craft. If he believes in Todd Haley I have to believe that Haley is our guy. So far I haven't seen or heard him do or say anything to make me believe he doesn't know his duty. I can't remember an offseason that has meant more upgrades for the Chiefs in the history of the team and I have watched them all of my life. I believe that the changes made by Clark Hunt were the best thing for the organization from the front office to the players coaches and the fans as well. The future is lined with gold, for the Red and Gold.
First I appreciate the well thought out post but the fact is that Tony knew that Herm was gonna get let go but he wanted to be traded anyway. And second Herm was much loved in NY and the fact was Herm took over the shambles Parcels left him and REBUILT THE JETS AND TOOK THEM TO THE PLAYOFFS. You think the changes Clark made were for the benefit of the Chiefs and that is your opinion and thats OK. We will have to agree to disagree on this one but I happen to believe a HUGE mistake was made by letting Herm go before the rebuilding was complete. Cheers...

Bike
07-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes, without Herm the Chiefs are easily going to be the worse team in the division.
You - sir - are an intelligent human and an awesome Chiefs fan and I thank you.:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
07-18-2009, 04:19 PM
So when the Chiefs go to and win the Superbowl your still going to say that Herm will be responsible? Just wondering because I won't see it that way since the entire system has been changed from top to bottom. The future will tell all much sooner then people think.
Well Herm is gone and I really can't speculate. Don't get me wrong I am a huge Chiefs fan no matter who is running the show and I do indeed hope we get to the Superbowl. I just happen to think we could have done it sooner with Herm at the helm because I think players WANTED to play for him and he just needed one more year to finish the rebuilding process. JMHO.:bananen_smilies046:

honda522
07-18-2009, 05:03 PM
I am guessing Bike's account has been hacked by a Faider or something.

I don't know about you guys, but I saw a 9-7 team, then a 4-12 team, then 2-14 team. What would have been next? 0-16?

Vanilla Garilla
07-18-2009, 06:23 PM
You guys totally missed the Matthew Perry theme of this thread.

IlovetheChiefs
07-18-2009, 08:22 PM
It's obvious right from the very first post that Bike isn't serious. It'd be one thing to say he actually liked Herm (which a very few amount of Chiefs fan did, myself NOT included!) but to say he's the BEST coach since our inception ha ha! There's no way ANY Chiefs fan would think that. 15 years of greatness under Stram, 10 under Marty, 5 good ones under Vermeil, and Mr. 4-12, 2-14 Herm is the BEST? Yeah you're very funny Bike ha ha! After wrecking the Jets and Chiefs no other team will ever be foolish enough to make Herm their HC. Although we can say this for Herm, if he went to the Lions he wouldn't do any worse than 2008's team. No better, but at least no worse.

Bike
07-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Enough already. If anyone else wants to bash Herm Edwards please start your own thread. This thread is about Clark Hunts' massive mistake concerning the dismissal of the best head coach to ever grace a Kansas City sideline.
I can't seriously do this any more.

AussieChiefsFan
07-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Great post!!:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
07-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Is this thread about me?

IlovetheChiefs
07-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey here's the youtube video entitled "Herm Edwards - Greatest Coach Ever!"

YouTube - Herm Edwards- Greatest Coach Ever!

"AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY WINS, you gonna play to win!" Classic!

hermhater
07-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, it's that jerk.

Nevermind.

honda522
07-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Hey here's the youtube video entitled "Herm Edwards - Greatest Coach Ever!"

YouTube - Herm Edwards- Greatest Coach Ever! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I)

"AND I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY WINS, you gonna play to win!" Classic!
My favorite youtube video! Rep!:bananen_smilies046::lol::lol:

Chiefster
07-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Who dares invoke the name of Herm Edwards!

A cardinal sin has occurred here, and I have brought myself to a low state of simply partaking in this discussion.

I feel so dirty. :p

Canada
07-19-2009, 01:32 AM

A cardinal sin has occurred here, and I have brought myself to a low state of simply partaking in this discussion.

I feel so dirty. :p

It started when I posted (in the lat one to post thread) that if anyone posted anything else there, that they would be doing so becuase they loved Herm and the Jets.

ps I see you posted there as well. I am truly disappointed today!!

hermhater
07-19-2009, 01:33 AM
So is this about me yet?

Canada
07-19-2009, 01:34 AM
No, we already know you love Herm. why else would you have such a retarded screen name?

Chiefster
07-19-2009, 01:36 AM
It started when I posted (in the lat one to post thread) that if anyone posted anything else there, that they would be doing so becuase they loved Herm and the Jets.

ps I see you posted there as well. I am truly disappointed today!!

Did you get my PM?

Sn@keIze
07-19-2009, 02:08 AM

A cardinal sin has occurred here, and I have brought myself to a low state of being simply be partaking in this discussion.

I feel so dirty. :pHuck Ferm!

From now he will be referred to as "The one of which we do not speak. Because he is a Conservative Coward, who is all talk and no follow through and brought the KC Chiefs their worst season in NFL history" or something like that.

OK, that might be a lil long. But we should definatly come up with names and then make a poll and then refer to him as that name.

Anyone on this forum(who is not new) will be notified of bringing up the name of who we do not speak.
And even penalized rep if repeated actions occur.

Chiefster
07-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Well the poll is fine, but we probably should not involve the rep system.

jmlamerson
07-19-2009, 02:35 AM
Huck Ferm!

From now he will be referred to as "The one of which we do not speak. Because he is a Conservative Coward, who is all talk and no follow through and brought the KC Chiefs their worst season in NFL history" or something like that.

OK, that might be a lil long. But we should definatly come up with names and then make a poll and then refer to him as that name.

Anyone on this forum(who is not new) will be notified of bringing up the name of who we do not speak.

Too lenient. We should all chip in and buy some farmland. We can then release anyone who mentions Her* Edward* onto that property and hunt them for sport. Because, as we all know, the most dangerous game of all is Her* Edward* (I will not type his whole name).

Sn@keIze
07-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Too lenient. We should all chip in and buy some farmland. We can then release anyone who mentions Her* Edward* onto that property and hunt them for sport. Because, as we all know, the most dangerous game of all is Her* Edward* (I will not type his whole name).Nice! JM!:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
07-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Still not about me?

Chiefster
07-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Did you know that there is one this BB who hates him so much that he chose for his user-name "hermhater"???

Canada
07-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Did you know that there is one this BB who hates him so much that he chose for his user-name "hermhater"???

Who cares, lets talk about something else!!

honda522
07-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Too lenient. We should all chip in and buy some farmland. We can then release anyone who mentions Her* Edward* onto that property and hunt them for sport. Because, as we all know, the most dangerous game of all is Her* Edward* (I will not type his whole name).
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

chiefsfreak4life
07-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Huck Ferm!

Long but very true. We should never speak his name again!

AussieChiefsFan
07-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Long but very true. We should never speak his name again!Sure thing!:bananen_smilies046: