PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Madden 10 Ratings

yashi
07-20-2009, 09:41 AM
This could be fun to discuss.

Madden Ratings - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/videogames/features/madden/madden10?teamId=9)

Wish they were a little more up to date with the Mike Brown signing and such, but it'll be fixed by week 1 probably.

Thigpen and Charles were screwed over.

Bradley's injury rating is laughable.. it should be one of the lowest in the game. Somehow Zach Thomas is much lower.

AussieChiefsFan
07-20-2009, 09:49 AM
It's IS pretty interesting. I'm getting Madden 10 on PS2, so it'll be excting to have all the new players.

jmlamerson
07-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Ouch. EA sports does not have much in the way of faith in the Chiefs in 2010. Thigpen is 66 overall?!

Vanilla Garilla
07-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Wow, we got screwed over majorly.

jb908
07-20-2009, 06:48 PM
I think the ratings are pretty accurate for a team that went 2 and 14. There is no reason to make any players with ratings in the 90's after a season like that. But the nice thing is Madden updates as the season goes on, so if all goes well everyone will be rated higher by the time we have to buy a new game.

Chief Tyler
07-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Yea, it's the developers use a what did you do last season mentality, I think they have a set number in mind for the Chiefs and alter players to get that number, no matter if it reflects real value and talent or not. If the Chiefs have a miracle season they'll be upper 80's next game, even if there aren't many personel changes.

Big Daddy Tek
07-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Hold on guys, you have to realize that this is a whole new rating system. The difference between the great players and the average players are now gapped significantly. Everybody who has saw their team so far, thought that they were screwed over. Now, ours arent great, but once again, its a different scale. Before, your third wide receiver would be a 78 and your 1st would be a 89. They wanted people to be able to notice the difference. There is alot that has changed about Madden and I like all of it. Take a glance at some other teams and you'll see what I m talking about.

Big Daddy Tek
07-20-2009, 09:45 PM
I should have mentioned that the overall rating structure is lower. I did think that Leggett and a few others got the shaft! Thats alright, I have XBOX live, so my rostes download and change weekly. By week 4 hopefully Im playing with a much higher ranked team.

Chief Tyler
07-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I should have mentioned that the overall rating structure is lower. I did think that Leggett and a few others got the shaft! Thats alright, I have XBOX live, so my rostes download and change weekly. By week 4 hopefully Im playing with a much higher ranked team.

Do they provide updates through live that alters the rating through the season at all? Or is it just the new players/transactions that might change the rating?

Big Daddy Tek
07-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Do they provide updates through live that alters the rating through the season at all? Or is it just the new players/transactions that might change the rating?

Oh no, every tuesday night they update rosters by depth chart, aquisition, rating, everything. For instance, if LJ has 620 yards and 4 TD's by week 4, he will be rated alot higher than his current 88, but if he struggles and ends up averaging 2.8 yards a carry, his rating will drop. If Cassell's accuracy is 62% 3 weeks into the season, than his accuracy on the game will go up. If alot of our players got better than our overall team rating would be better. My bet is that D-Bowe is rated 95 by the end of the season.

hermhater
07-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Colquitt got screwed.

Chiefster
07-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Colquitt got screwed.

Yep!

doobs_05
07-21-2009, 02:20 AM
I think the ratings look right.... I mean it sucks that we aren't rated higher and stuff but last year we did suck (2-14) so i can understand the rating but like other people are saying in here they will go up (if you have an online account) if the chiefs perform very well.

hermhater
07-21-2009, 02:36 AM
This thread is now about Colquitt dude.

Get with the program.

Three7s
07-21-2009, 05:00 AM
Wow, IMO, Flowers, Carr, and Colquitt really got the shaft. Those guys are much better than that stupid rating. I think Thigpen should be in the low 70s and Cassel should be in the mid 80s.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, they gave our O-line too much credit! Waters is still very good, but 94?! I'd take that down to 90ish. Sackintosh got in the 70s?! That's a joke.

Vanilla Garilla
07-21-2009, 05:47 AM
Wow, IMO, Flowers, Carr, and Colquitt really got the shaft. Those guys are much better than that stupid rating. I think Thigpen should be in the low 70s and Cassel should be in the mid 80s.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, they gave our O-line too much credit! Waters is still very good, but 94?! I'd take that down to 90ish. Sackintosh got in the 70s?! That's a joke.

I agree with all of that:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
07-21-2009, 11:16 AM

Waters a 94 was a little surprising, but then again he was a pro bowler last year so they're inclined to rate him pretty high.

Funniest thing is, if anyone got the shaft it's the Broncos OL. Ours is about equal, maybe even a little better in the game! Clady is only an 88! :lol:

I wish we still had Wiegmann.

dbolan
07-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Ouch. EA sports does not have much in the way of faith in the Chiefs in 2010. Thigpen is 66 overall?!

No they don't but how many of us did 6 months ago? LMAO!

His completion percentage was 30th (54.8%) out of 32 QB's that had a minimum of 14 attempts per game. I mean it is a big difference when the #20 QB was at 60% and the #1 was 67.4. Thiggy's QB rating was a 76 which is 27th of 32.

Maybe he should be 70 or a little higher but that would be a stretch to me.

Chiefster
07-21-2009, 12:48 PM

His completion percentage was 30th (54.8%) out of 32 QB's that had a minimum of 14 attempts per game. I mean it is a big difference when the #20 QB was at 60% and the #1 was 67.4. Thiggy's QB rating was a 76 which is 27th of 32.

Good Question.

Three7s
07-21-2009, 03:18 PM

Analysts and Journalists always talk about that as their crutch. They forget that the Raiders and Falcons game screwed him over. He was so ridiculously awful that it ruined his season as far as stats go. Once he took the field against the Jets, he was a different QB.

dbolan
07-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Analysts and Journalists always talk about that as their crutch. They forget that the Raiders and Falcons game screwed him over. He was so ridiculously awful that it ruined his season as far as stats go. Once he took the field against the Jets, he was a different QB.

But the bad games have to be included in the stats. I mean what is expected?? Should the makers of this game "guess" at what he could do this year?

If I am not mistaken, they do put in quite a few attributes of each player other than statistical stuff.

I know I used the Ravens a few times and there were games when McNair was like a God and then games when he threw 4 pics and over threw several balls.

All in all, I would not say Thiggy got screwed over. He just really needed to have this year as a starter, which ain't gonna happen! LOL!

Great game to play though!

jason1981
07-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=142238#post142238)

Does the PS3 update the same way?

Big Daddy Tek
07-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Does the PS3 update the same way?

Yes.

hometeam
07-23-2009, 05:21 PM
overall across the board ratings are way down.

its not just us.

halfast
07-23-2009, 10:07 PM
It's not gonna matter what ratings are for the chiefs this year...I'm gonna dominate with them in the madden 10 just like I did in madden 09!! Anyone that wants a match on PS3, send me a message! Go Chiefs!!

hermhater
07-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the Crowd!

Vanilla Garilla
07-24-2009, 08:19 PM
It's not gonna matter what ratings are for the chiefs this year...I'm gonna dominate with them in the madden 10 just like I did in madden 09!! Anyone that wants a match on PS3, send me a message! Go Chiefs!!

No PS3, but if you bring your soft @ss over to xbox live I will show ya a thing or two. JK :bananen_smilies046:

Vanilla Garilla
07-24-2009, 08:20 PM
overall across the board ratings are way down.

its not just us.

Yes they are, I have checked out several teams, and a lot of them got the shaft. 49ers got hit HARD.

Bosco
07-26-2009, 04:25 PM
nope no love. :mob: