PDA

View Full Version : Don't put any personal info on your account

Canada
07-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Just and FYI to all members.

My account was used at 7:47am on Monday morning. I was banned at the time and unable to log into my account. The only people I can see that would be able to access it at that point is admin/mods. I keep no personal info of any sort in my account and I hope you all do the same. You never know who is going to be going through your stuff!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
07-22-2009, 11:28 AM
How do you know it was used then?

Canada
07-22-2009, 11:29 AM
When I signed on it said my last activity was at 747am on Monday. I was banned at the time (and driving home from work as I am off at 730am)

hermhater
07-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Interesting...

tornadospotter
07-22-2009, 12:28 PM
:bluegrab:

:character0049:

:wasntme:

Canada
07-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Someone is having fun with the smilies today!!

tornadospotter
07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Someone is having fun with the smilies today!!

:dotdotdot:

:undwech:

Canada
07-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Maybe the mods or Coach wanted to see what the PM I wrote to you said? Why else would they want to know what your doing?

i dont know but my account is my account. i didt know they were there for anyone to go in whenever they wanted

Canada
07-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I understand how you feel but technically, if they feel there is concern to do so , a Mod or owner can access anyones account if they wish to and I only know this because I have owned places like this for Wrestling and I had the ability. I never used it because I had no need to but they can if they wish. I don't know that they did but it is possible.:undwech:

...and so I advise everyone not to put any personal info on their account. What is wrong with you?

Canada
07-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Nothing is wrong with me, having a fab day. BTW , I do agree with you on this paticular subject.

You are the guy who started the internet wo you would know!!

dbolan
07-23-2009, 02:57 PM
You are the guy who started the internet wo you would know!!

Damn...I thought it was Al Gore!

Who invented Madden Football?

LMAO

honda522
07-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Maybe they can check the ISP address?

Canada
07-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Maybe they can check the ISP address?
I doubt and mods/admin are ready to go do me any favors!! :lol:

hermhater
07-23-2009, 10:11 PM
You know they love you.

Coach
07-23-2009, 11:30 PM
The only person that could hypothetically login to your account(other than you) would be me. Although I'm not even sure how to do it. All passwords are encrypted. I didn't login to your account on Monday morning or any other time for that matter. Mods can edit posts, etc., but nobody can log into anyone else's account.

But as you correctly stated, it is always a good idea to not keep personal information on any online account.

hermhater
07-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Told ya.

Guru
07-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Well, Chiefster is the big time IT guy now with his A+ Certification and all. Who knows what he might be doing behind the scenes.:lol:

I can assure you as well that we wouldn't even consider doing anything like that Dave.:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
07-24-2009, 09:35 AM
And now I have been forced to ignore KCChris (not that I care) but if I take him off my ignore list it automatically puts him back on it. Strange strange stuff. And it happened all on its own. Nobody did anything to my account. hmmmm

Canada
07-24-2009, 09:36 AM
The only person that could hypothetically login to your account(other than you) would be me. Although I'm not even sure how to do it. All passwords are encrypted. I didn't login to your account on Monday morning or any other time for that matter. Mods can edit posts, etc., but nobody can log into anyone else's account.

But as you correctly stated, it is always a good idea to not keep personal information on any online account.

Well, Chiefster is the big time IT guy now with his A+ Certification and all. Who knows what he might be doing behind the scenes.:lol:

I can assure you as well that we wouldn't even consider doing anything like that Dave.:bananen_smilies046:

I still find it odd that someone was using it during my banning.

dbolan
07-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Maybe that Canada49er guy did it? ;-)

Canada
07-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Maybe that Canada49er guy did it? ;-)

Hes a 49er fan, no real power. Kinda like Rbed, no real power just random bannings to feel big I guess!!

dbolan
07-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I wonder if a Mod can ban themselves or one another??

LMAO

hermhater
07-24-2009, 03:57 PM
I must say Canada, you are being much more civil than I was when I argued with the mods.

Canada
07-24-2009, 04:50 PM
mods *chough* one named after a certain team we all love have power trips

chiefster is the fairest mod in this place. Right now I am just waiting to hear from Rbedgood (the mod who banned me) but he does not have the respect to respond to me at all.

hermhater
07-24-2009, 04:51 PM
There's two of them named after the Chiefs.

Canada
07-24-2009, 04:53 PM
There's two of them named after the Chiefs.does the other one even come here anymore?

hermhater
07-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Last dealings I had with him were on that goallineblitz.com website.

He was the owner of the Ottawa Chiefs.

I let his domain expire, hope he didn't get pissed off about that, but I hadn't heard from him in a long time and didn't want to shell out the 10 bucks to re register it.

hermhater
07-24-2009, 07:09 PM
What's a Toy's R Us kid?

Guru
07-25-2009, 12:47 AM
I still find it odd that someone was using it during my banning.
I agree that it is odd. I wish I could find some info regarding it to set your mind at ease because I know that would have me extremely concerned as well if I were in your shoes.

hermhater
07-25-2009, 12:59 AM
If someone is banned then anyone off the street wouldn't be able to access the account anyways so I doubt it's being hacked.

What defines 'activity' to vBulletin?

Is that someone logging in?

Posting?

Or just browsing the site from their IP without being signed it?

Guru
07-25-2009, 01:28 AM
If someone is banned then anyone off the street wouldn't be able to access the account anyways so I doubt it's being hacked.

What defines 'activity' to vBulletin?

Is that someone logging in?

Posting?

Or just browsing the site from their IP without being signed it?
While in banned status, nobody should be able to access it directly. The only thing mods have access to here is the ability to un-ban a user.

The way I understand it, activity is measured by the last thing that you have done. So if I post a comment and then let my session time out, the time of my post would go down as my last activity. If I were to manually log myself out, then it should show my logout time as my last activity.

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to that aspect of it since it has never had any bearing on my use of the site. I will keep a closer eye on that now to get a better handle on how it is logging activity.

tammietailgator
07-25-2009, 01:45 AM
:DIt was me Canada.... I have secret woman mod powers!

:bananen_smilies046:

Guru
07-25-2009, 02:03 AM
:DIt was me Canada.... I have secret woman mod powers!

:bananen_smilies046:
You can't even keep track of your hat.:D

tammietailgator
07-25-2009, 02:28 AM
You can't even keep track of your hat.:D

:sign0153: Maybe YOU were the one that stole my crayons in kindergarten!

rbedgood
07-25-2009, 02:45 AM
chiefster is the fairest mod in this place. Right now I am just waiting to hear from Rbedgood (the mod who banned me) but he does not have the respect to respond to me at all.

Either that or he's been busy as hell all week

Welcome, rbedgood.
334 Unread Posts (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew) since your last visit.

...anyhow. I'm not sure what you want, but if the explanation for the banning wasn't clear enough the other day I'm not sure how much better I can explain it. You received an infraction for your actions. You then sent me a PM completely mocking the process, and joking about how you are 'collecting' infractions. I took it as a joke, until you started completely disrespecting the process that Coach has created for creating order on the site. You gave us two choices...allow your behavior or escalate the issue.

All I will say is I have received messages from each of the other mods and admins and a number of users who feel I made the right call. You are a great contributor to the site most of the time, and as much as certain users can be annoying or idiots, it isn't your right to bully them off the site.

Frankly if Coach asks me to change how I deal with issues I'd be more than happy to. However he has told us how he'd like us to do our jobs, and I am doing just that.

You are free to debate, just keep it respectful. You know the rules...the misspelled swear words to get around the censor, the personal attacks, etc. aren't tolerated...respectful debate always is.

Have a beer, and count down the days to Sept 10.

Catch you later.

rbedgood
07-25-2009, 02:46 AM
oh and p.s. I haven't been in your account. The auto ignore feature for KCC is an admin power...not a moderator power. As such I have none of your personal information, nor do I want it.

Guru
07-25-2009, 02:54 AM
:sign0153: Maybe YOU were the one that stole my crayons in kindergarten!That was Danny Raymond.

tammietailgator
07-25-2009, 02:57 AM
That was Danny Raymond.

:lol: He was the ministers son right? I have a story about him!!!

Guru
07-25-2009, 03:24 AM
:lol: He was the ministers son right? I have a story about him!!!Thats the one.

hermhater
07-25-2009, 03:37 AM
:)

:)

Canada
07-25-2009, 06:39 AM

Welcome, rbedgood.
334 Unread Posts (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew) since your last visit.

...anyhow. I'm not sure what you want, but if the explanation for the banning wasn't clear enough the other day I'm not sure how much better I can explain it. You received an infraction for your actions. You then sent me a PM completely mocking the process, and joking about how you are 'collecting' infractions. I took it as a joke, until you started completely disrespecting the process that Coach has created for creating order on the site. You gave us two choices...allow your behavior or escalate the issue.

All I will say is I have received messages from each of the other mods and admins and a number of users who feel I made the right call. You are a great contributor to the site most of the time, and as much as certain users can be annoying or idiots, it isn't your right to bully them off the site.

Frankly if Coach asks me to change how I deal with issues I'd be more than happy to. However he has told us how he'd like us to do our jobs, and I am doing just that.

You are free to debate, just keep it respectful. You know the rules...the misspelled swear words to get around the censor, the personal attacks, etc. aren't tolerated...respectful debate always is.

Have a beer, and count down the days to Sept 10.

Catch you later.

I am still unclear on which rule it was that I broke. Idon't know if you want to copy and paste or quote it from the rule book, but if you could show me the rule where it says I can't mock the infraction process, I would love to see it. I just want to know if it is a real rule I broke or just one you made up becuase I didnt care about the infraction you gave me. You may have gotten a few pms from people who feel you made the right call, but I think the site membership has spokn quite clearly on how this whole thing has been handled. I guess some people just don't handle power as well as others.

Canada
07-25-2009, 07:51 AM

Welcome, rbedgood.

...anyhow. I'm not sure what you want, but if the explanation for the banning wasn't clear enough the other day I'm not sure how much better I can explain it.

334 unread posts? That is why you did not respond to me? You posted plenty during and after my ban you have just avoided commenting on it. there has been plenty of opportunity for it. But let me ask you, if I got banned for "mocking the infraction process" How come no other mod/admin has banned me for this?
I Got My First - Page 5 - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8953&page=5)
Its the EXACT same thing I got banned for the first time. If you could clear that up for me it would be super!!

Sweets
07-25-2009, 11:56 AM
I would have just banned everyone, then there would be no one left to complain...:yahoo: guess I'm a power hungry 49er fan..hehehe

Here ya go Canada..:toast2:

As far as getting into your account, as an admin myself you set the permissions and if Coach says he alone has that power then he alone has that power and he can look at your account through the admin cpanel and doesn't need to actually log into your account which no one can do unless they have your password. Not even the admin are privy to passwords as they look like this to the admin. *********. just a bunch of astericks.

Canada
07-25-2009, 01:07 PM
That may be. I just inquired about how my account was used while I was banned from the site and no one can give me an answer so I advised everyone that someone can get yer sh!t. Seems kinda fuked to me.

Guru
07-25-2009, 03:07 PM
I would have just banned everyone, then there would be no one left to complain...:yahoo: guess I'm a power hungry 49er fan..hehehe

As far as getting into your account, as an admin myself you set the permissions and if Coach says he alone has that power then he alone has that power and he can look at your account through the admin cpanel and doesn't need to actually log into your account which no one can do unless they have your password. Not even the admin are privy to passwords as they look like this to the admin. *********. just a bunch of astericks.Where the heck have you been. Nice to see you.

hermhater
07-25-2009, 04:02 PM

As far as getting into your account, as an admin myself you set the permissions and if Coach says he alone has that power then he alone has that power and he can look at your account through the admin cpanel and doesn't need to actually log into your account which no one can do unless they have your password. Not even the admin are privy to passwords as they look like this to the admin. *********. just a bunch of astericks.

Unless you have this...

Unhide Passwords :: Add-ons for Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/462)

BmoreDavy
07-25-2009, 07:42 PM
he sure posts alot for a guy thats banned...

Coach
07-25-2009, 08:32 PM
And now I have been forced to ignore KCChris (not that I care) but if I take him off my ignore list it automatically puts him back on it. Strange strange stuff. And it happened all on its own. Nobody did anything to my account. hmmmm

You were forced to ignore Chris because I was sick of breaking up playground fights. I told both you to add each other to your ignore lists, otherwise I would do it for you. After you ignored my request, I did as I said I would do.

Sweets
07-26-2009, 03:16 AM
Where the heck have you been. Nice to see you.

:wavey: Nice to see you too, how you bees?

Guru
07-28-2009, 12:42 AM
:wavey: Nice to see you too, how you bees?
I've definitely had better days than today, thats for certian. Just bad luck in general heh. Tomorrow is another day though.:bananen_smilies046:

Sweets
07-28-2009, 12:53 AM
Could be worse, you could be a Raider fan...

Chiefster
07-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Could be worse, you could be a Raider fan...

Perish the thought!

Guru
07-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Could be worse, you could be a Raider fan...:sign0153::mob::11::fighting0030:

Chiefster
07-28-2009, 01:13 AM
:sign0153::mob::11::fighting0030:

Careful man; I think she could beat you up.

Sweets
07-28-2009, 01:20 AM
damn calm down, sheesh...I was just showing you it could be worse.

Chiefster
07-28-2009, 01:23 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How you doin Sweets?

Guru
07-28-2009, 01:25 AM
but it depressed me.:lol:

Chiefster
07-28-2009, 01:27 AM
but it depressed me.:lol:

I would have thought you would have been used to depression; given our W/L record last year. :p