PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick is Reinstated! Could play as soon as week one!

Big Daddy Tek
07-28-2009, 04:03 PM
The NFL has just announced that Michael Vick is reinstated and could play as soon as week 1. His current reinstatement is conditional but by week 6 he will be under full reinstatement. THE SHOW IS BACK! As a football fan, I love it!

jmlamerson
07-28-2009, 04:34 PM
The NFL has just announced that Michael Vick is reinstated and could play as soon as week 1. His current reinstatement is conditional but by week 6 he will be under full reinstatement. THE SHOW IS BACK! As a football fan, I love it!

The hard part is finding a team willing to sign him. The Raiders, Cowboys, and Redskins (maybe the three most obvious locations) have said no. Pats have said no. The Dolphins have Pat White at their Wildcat QB, and he's a younger version of Vick without the baggage. San Fran would be a perfect spot for Vick team-wise, but the city would revolt. Bengals have too many headaches as it is.

The Rams would be an interesting spot for him, maybe. They're my front-runners, simply because I can't think of anyone else who might take him.

yashi
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I live in St. Louis and I already know people who will refuse to watch a single Rams game as long as he's on the team. There's not a lot of teams that have big question marks at QB though, and they are one of them.

You would think the Bengals have too many head cases already, but they went and drafted Andre Smith and Maualuga. Wouldn't shock me a bit to see him sign on there as the backup QB.

Wherever he ends up, he probably becomes a 5-10 play a game Wildcat guy, for this season at least. He's been out of football way too long and isn't going to have enough time to learn a playbook.

jmlamerson
07-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I live in St. Louis and I already know people who will refuse to watch a single Rams game as long as he's on the team. There's not a lot of teams that have big question marks at QB though, and they are one of them.

You would think the Bengals have too many head cases already, but they went and drafted Andre Smith and Maualuga. Wouldn't shock me a bit to see him sign on there as the backup QB.

Wherever he ends up, he probably becomes a 5-10 play a game Wildcat guy, for this season at least. He's been out of football way too long and isn't going to have enough time to learn a playbook.

Yeah, I picked the Rams only because their QB is brittle, they have no young QBOTF, and because Vick would at least make them relevant in 2009.

And the Bengals just can't handle Vick. If for no other reason than they have too much invested in Carson Palmer to have Vick breathing down his neck.

Chiefster
07-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Wasn't he spotted at the dog pound picking out a Pitt Bull?

Pro_Angler
07-28-2009, 05:54 PM
piss on Vick and may he be hit by a train!!!!!!!!!!!!

IlovetheChiefs
07-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I'd love it if no team ends up willing to sign him.

He's not even that good of a player anyway, even from an entertainment point of view.

Let him find another job.

Big Daddy Tek
07-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Vick will be signed and I hope he dominates. You are right, he's not a good football player, he's a GREAT football player. He's a winner and if he should ever return to his previous form, than the team that gets him will be deadly, just like the Falcons were. I could give a fvck less if he fought dogs. I know alot of you are probably dog lovers and I respect and understand your opinions. The fact of the matter is that animal fighting happens every where in the world and I really dont care. I grew up in a lower income level of west Denver and saw alot of of dog fighting grown up. Its huge in the south in other areas. Im not saying that I agree with it, but its a way of life and when you have a guy that has grown up in an area where that was normal, he will probably continue to think its normal. He's paid his debt to society so get off his fvcking back. As far as Pro Angler goes, the guy lusts for failure at the highest level. No matter who it is, if it is somebody richer or more talented than him going down, he's all for it. Piss on you Pro Angler!

jmlamerson
07-28-2009, 06:58 PM
piss on Vick and may he be hit by a train!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's still a little early to be as drunk as you obviously are.

jmlamerson
07-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Vick will be signed and I hope he dominates. You are right, he's not a good football player, he's a GREAT football player. He's a winner and if he should ever return to his previous form, than the team that gets him will be deadly, just like the Falcons were. I could give a fvck less if he fought dogs. I know alot of you are probably dog lovers and I respect and understand your opinions. The fact of the matter is that animal fighting happens every where in the world and I really dont care. I grew up in a lower income level of west Denver and saw alot of of dog fighting grown up. Its huge in the south in other areas. Im not saying that I agree with it, but its a way of life and when you have a guy that has grown up in an area where that was normal, he will probably continue to think its normal. He's paid his debt to society so get off his fvcking back. As far as Pro Angler goes, the guy lusts for failure at the highest level. No matter who it is, if it is somebody richer or more talented than him going down, he's all for it. Piss on you Pro Angler!

I don't care that Vick fought dogs. I don't. At all. They're dogs. We eat things horizontal to them on the food chain.

I care that he was leading a gambling ring, but not enough to ban him for life.

Vick was a really good QB for a couple regular seasons, but he's not a QB I'd want leading my team. He's too erratic, too moody, and he doesn't respect his fans. His style of play doesn't work in the playoffs either. Plus, those couple years he spent out of the game probably killed his conditioning. He's now a project, an no longer a young one.

slc chief
07-28-2009, 07:31 PM

no way he is a great footbal player that is obsured he WAS good but not great

Big Daddy Tek
07-28-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't care that Vick fought dogs. I don't. At all. They're dogs. We eat things horizontal to them on the food chain.

I care that he was leading a gambling ring, but not enough to ban him for life.

Vick was a really good QB for a couple regular seasons, but he's not a QB I'd want leading my team. He's too erratic, too moody, and he doesn't respect his fans. His style of play doesn't work in the playoffs either. Plus, those couple years he spent out of the game probably killed his conditioning. He's now a project, an no longer a young one.

As you noticed I never used the word Quarterback in my post. I said "player" and I believe he was a great player. Even as a QB, hes not really a QB. He's Devin Hester with a cannon. When he played, the Falcons always had the best rushing offense in the NFL. His running backs were able to do alot also.

None of us know where Mike is physically or mentally, but if he is anywhere near what he was, I think he could be a big contributor to a team. You add him to a team with most of the peices together and he probably doesn't make much of a difference. You add him to the Lions (which wouldnt happen because of Stafford) and they go form 0-16 to 9-7. Im not sure if its even arguable to say that there has been anybody as explosive as Michael Vick in NFL history. People want to talk about how game plans change for Randy Moss. Gimme a break, Michael Vick is 2 weeks of preperation.

Big Daddy Tek
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
no way he is a great footbal player that is obsured he WAS good but not great

He wasn't great? Did you sleep through those years? The most dominating player in the league 2 years in a row at one point. Amazes me how people just dont acknowledge things.

rodu
07-28-2009, 07:47 PM
He wasn't great? Did you sleep through those years? The most dominating player in the league 2 years in a row at one point. Amazes me how people just dont acknowledge things.

He dominated on the ground yes, but through the air, he was good at best, certainly not great

Three7s
07-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Nope, he wasn't great, and I was a quite avid football enthusiast in those days. He was Tim Tebow in an NFL uniform, whoopie. You said that he isn't a great QB, but a great player? That basically makes it sound like as long as he isn't throwing the football, he's great? Why not just make him a RB? Though, he's probably too fragile.

If you mean "great player" in the sense of "class act" or "fun to watch", then you can have it. I want nothing more than to win games, not have some side-show attraction to bring out fans. And Vick is obviously not a class act!

slc chief
07-28-2009, 08:25 PM

great football player NO. a great football player would not have been doing stupid stuff(off the field) to jepordize his teams chances of getting to the playoffs year in and year out. a good qb no. a good athlete yes. fun to watch yes. he was getting driiled week after week he would have eventually had to of learned how to play the game as a qb wich he could not because we all know he is not the brightest star in the sky. just my opinion and i would say derrick brooks was more dominating than him because brooks owned his a##

Big Daddy Tek
07-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Nope, he wasn't great, and I was a quite avid football enthusiast in those days. He was Tim Tebow in an NFL uniform, whoopie. You said that he isn't a great QB, but a great player? That basically makes it sound like as long as he isn't throwing the football, he's great? Why not just make him a RB? Though, he's probably too fragile.

If you mean "great player" in the sense of "class act" or "fun to watch", then you can have it. I want nothing more than to win games, not have some side-show attraction to bring out fans. And Vick is obviously not a class act!

He can absolutly be a great player without being a great QB and still be the QB. If he is you starting QB, then you are not running a strandard drop back NFL offense. You cant compare him to anybody else or how you think the position should be played. A Vick offense is a whole nother animal. You guys can say whatever you want, but it took the NFL two years to even learn how to gameplan against this guy. For a period, he was beyond great, he was the greatest thing that alot of people had ever seen. Tim Tebow couldnt wipe Vicks a$$. This has turned into a TEK loves Vick thread and it shouldnt be. He's not a Chief so he cant be my favorite player, but as a football enthusiast, I wont forget the mark that he left on the game when he came in. If any Chiefs QB since Len Dawson had Vicks winning % than you guys would be singing a whole nother tune.

To slc Chief: I totally agree with the point that he would have to eventually learn to play the position the standard way and who knows if he would or will. Everything that I pointed out is what he did do while he was playing.

Chiefster
07-29-2009, 12:27 AM
As a person I don't care much for the guy; that's no secret, and people, obviously, have their own opinion of his level of football abilities but the fact remains that he was good enough to QB an NFL team for a time. I really don't see where getting personal with each other over his reinstatement adds anything at all to the thread.

Hayvern
07-29-2009, 01:16 AM
None of us know where Mike is physically or mentally, but if he is anywhere near what he was, I think he could be a big contributor to a team.

So wow, it goes from Michael to Mike? Are you some friend of his or something?

Anyway, I am sure he will play somewhere. I doubt he will be pivotal in anything serious this year though.

dbolan
07-29-2009, 08:35 AM
The hard part is finding a team willing to sign him. The Raiders, Cowboys, and Redskins (maybe the three most obvious locations) have said no. Pats have said no. The Dolphins have Pat White at their Wildcat QB, and he's a younger version of Vick without the baggage. San Fran would be a perfect spot for Vick team-wise, but the city would revolt. Bengals have too many headaches as it is.

The Rams would be an interesting spot for him, maybe. They're my front-runners, simply because I can't think of anyone else who might take him.

LOL! That was funny! Not funny towards you Lamerson but funny in the fact that you are right!

I find it amusing how one of the largest gay activist cities in our country, if not the world would throw such a fit about a dog fighter, but then again, that the far left for ya!! LMAO!!

As far as Vick is concerned, I was gonna say that he could just sit at home all season and play as himself on Madden this year but I am quite certain he is not even in the game! LMFAO!!

dbolan
07-29-2009, 08:50 AM
As you noticed I never used the word Quarterback in my post. I said "player" and I believe he was a great player. Even as a QB, hes not really a QB. He's Devin Hester with a cannon. When he played, the Falcons always had the best rushing offense in the NFL. His running backs were able to do alot also.

None of us know where Mike is physically or mentally, but if he is anywhere near what he was, I think he could be a big contributor to a team. You add him to a team with most of the peices together and he probably doesn't make much of a difference. You add him to the Lions (which wouldnt happen because of Stafford) and they go form 0-16 to 9-7. Im not sure if its even arguable to say that there has been anybody as explosive as Michael Vick in NFL history. People want to talk about how game plans change for Randy Moss. Gimme a break, Michael Vick is 2 weeks of preperation.

I am not sure if you guys ever watched Steve Young play ball very much but in my opinion, he was the precursor to a Mike Vick and the likes. The better thing about Young vs the Vick's of today is that his passing abilities make others look Pop Warner-ISH.

Many times I would soak in the Mike Vick stories prior to camp each year and think that if he could (or would) develop his passing skills to the level of Steve Young (or at least close), he would in fact be the most dominant player in NFL history.

Seeing a great talent with endless potential yet not having the gumption to improve to the next elite, Micheal Jordonesque level is what really causes me to shake my head.

Pro_Angler
07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
CRap another day has past and no train has hit the In humane SOB

jmlamerson
07-29-2009, 02:03 PM
CRap another day has past and no train has hit the In humane SOB

It's still too early for you to be posting this dunk.

Sn@keIze
07-29-2009, 02:08 PM
I hope he ends up playin for the dog pound. talk about irony.

Chiefster
07-29-2009, 03:27 PM

:lol:

Pro_Angler
07-29-2009, 05:15 PM

I hope he never touches a football again and cant get a job at taco bell cause of his felony..but of course only the NFL hires felons...

IlovetheChiefs
07-29-2009, 06:03 PM

That is indeed a good one! Can you imagine the Browns signing him and then he'd hear the fans going "Ruff ruff ruff!" Priceless!

Just saw an article on yahoo called "Does anyone want Vick? Reinstated QB Michael Vick finds that NFL clubs aren't rushing to sign him." Only one team has even "evaluated" him (Ravens).

That's good to see. I'm not surprised. Not only would at least some teams not want a rogue like him but he's not even that good skill wise for teams to say, "Oh wow, what an asset he'd be if we got him!" He's an asset minus the et.

Besides, he obviously is way out of form now. Not that easy that he'd be able to get back to what he had in 2004-2006 which even then wasn't anything to write home about (11-5, 8-8, 9-7). And a career completion % of 53%. Big deal.

IlovetheChiefs
07-29-2009, 06:13 PM
You have to love his 71-52 TD -Int ratio and his 187 sacks. How do you get sacked over 30 times in 4 diff years if your such a "athlete". This guy is a bum!

Yep, and every time I would look at the football box scores it's amazing how often it would say he threw for about 120 yards. It's one thing to do that once in a while but basically every game? I know he also ran for about 120 yards too, but still all of these stats are pretty poor for someone who was supposed to be such a good quarterback. OVERRATED!

Three7s
07-29-2009, 10:49 PM
I've already said it guys, Vick is just an overrated piece of garbage. His passing skills are below average and he can't lead a team for squat. He has no intangibles at all. He can run, but that's about it.

He's just a glorified Tim Tebow. No, Tebow isn't as good of runner, though I think his passing skills are a tiny bit better than Vick's. If I remember correctly, when Vick was with the Falcons and having success, their defense was phenomenal. I wonder if that had something to do with it?

Big Daddy Tek
07-30-2009, 01:25 AM
So Tek you think vick is a great player well im going to laugh in your face at that. We can take vick from both sides of the way he played. Passing-- He never completed more than 56.4% of his passes. NEver threw more than 20 tds and barely sniffed 3000 yards passing once. His best Qb rating was a 81.6 His ranking of a passer in the nfl compared to others by year is as follows--2002 #18,03 didnt even rank doug johnson did though,04 #21,05 # 25, 06 #20. And Then we can take vick as a runner since he seemed to "excell" at that. Rushing--2002 # 28,03 Didnt rank but Dunn did,04 #23, 05 # 33, 06 # 21. So in short he Cant pass for crap and when he did run he was ok at best. And you say oh his winning percentage... guess what thats a TEAM stat not a player one. Im quite sure he didnt win those games alone.

1st of all your "quite sure he didnt win those games alone" quote was pretty bad when ackowledging a QB's winning %. If anybody ever one anything alone, it was Vick. A perfect example of that would be how his team, who went to the NFC Championship 2 seasons before, went 4-12 the year that he left and didnt revive for another whole year after that. I like how you completly dropped the fact that Vick turned the Falcons into a contender single handedly and left them to dirt in an instant.

2nd of all, your pulling out his passing numbers in comparison to pocket passers (everybody else) and trying to prove how bad he was when everybody knows that passing is not what made Vick dangerous. You said "He barely sniffed 3,000 yards." Not bad for a guy who ran for 700 that same year huh? How about the stat that he never threw more picks than TD's. Why didn't you mention that one? Im not talking about a great pure passer, Churchy, Im talking about a great player!

3rd, you think that Vick ranking at #28 and #23 in rushing yards as a QB means that his running was "OK at best." Think about that.... Still thinking? He was a QB who ran for over 1,000 yards in one season! If that makes his running "OK at best" than Im not sure if thier has ever been a QB in league history that was even OK at running. Lets pull out some REAL NUMBERS: From 2003 to 2006, the Falcons led the league in rushing offense every year. In 2006 the falcons actually set a record with an average of 183.7 per game! Almost 200 yards rushing a game! That sounds pretty great to me. What happened the very 1st year that Vick was not with the team? They ranked 26th in the league and lost almost 100 yards per game on the ground from the year before. Thats right, from greatest rushing offense of all time to 26th in the league. Well Vick didnt run for 90 yards a game, so how did they lose 90 yards a game when he left, Churchy? It's simple! Vick was SO Dangerous as a player that the defense was spread thin up the middle or stacking left or stacking right and the Falcons would run right at the weakness. You see, Vick just being on the field makes an entire offense shine. This QB and team did not have to pass, so keep your passing stats off my great player meter Churchy!

All in all. No player has ever created mis-match and scheme problems as much as Vick did. Very few players changed the another teams play calling and scheme as much as Vick did. He wasnt a great QB. Hel!, he's not even top 100 of all time probably, but if he is your QB, you dont need a QB. Or atleast you didnt in his prime.

I'll end my argument with this:

YouTube - Michael Vick Highlights

Chiefster
07-30-2009, 01:33 AM
Who is this Churchy you speak of??? :p

A lot of stats there, a lot more reading then I'm used too. :lol:

rbedgood
07-30-2009, 03:54 AM
I am not sure if you guys ever watched Steve Young play ball very much but in my opinion, he was the precursor to a Mike Vick and the likes. The better thing about Young vs the Vick's of today is that his passing abilities make others look Pop Warner-ISH.

Many times I would soak in the Mike Vick stories prior to camp each year and think that if he could (or would) develop his passing skills to the level of Steve Young (or at least close), he would in fact be the most dominant player in NFL history.

Seeing a great talent with endless potential yet not having the gumption to improve to the next elite, Micheal Jordonesque level is what really causes me to shake my head.

Okay I was going to lurk in this thread until I saw Vick being compared to Young. The difference isn't in passing skills...it is in MENTAL SKILLS and TOUGHNESS.

Vick has a cannon, and a fairly accurate arm, but he made piss poor decisions in the passing game. Some of that is due to the lack of choices he had in the passing game (Crumpler, a young Jenkins, and garbage)...however Young even when Rice was out did well with the likes of JJ Stokes. Yeah I went there.

Anyhow the point being, Young deserves better than to be attributed as just better than Vick in one area. He beats Vick to pieces in

1) intelligence
2) character
3) toughness (see some of his long runs, he drops the shoulder)
4) leadership abilities
5) probably more that I'll edit in tomorrow after I've had some sleep.

yashi
07-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Vick is a phenomenal athlete who is the best scrambling QB in the history of the NFL, and maybe the most fun to watch. He's also incredibly inaccurate, and probably the only QB to ever have such a low completion % in the west coast offense.

I think Vick will certainly have the skills to play QB in the league again, but not this year. The question is will there be a team out there that is willing to put that much faith in a guy like him.

I'm a dog lover through and through, what he did is sick even if he did grow up in a different culture than I did. But he did his time and paid his debt to society, now it's time to let the guy pay off his debts financially and put food on the table for his family. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he probably doesn't know how to earn a decent living any other way than on the field.

Also, just thinking about PETA makes me want to grill up a big fatty steak and swat some flies. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Chiefster
07-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Tek that was the worse comeback arguement ever. And dont call me churchy. You sound like a black homer no offense but you do. Because simply put its this HE PLAYED QB and what do qbs do.....PASS.... winnner winner! And as i listed his passing stats you can obviously see he really was rank. Guess what your so called rushing lead was helped alot by T.J Ducket,Warrick Dunn, and his last year J Norwood. He did one thing that no other qb ever did he ran for a 1000 yards well wow.... Guess what thats a RB stat and yes you had to gameplan against his legs but you had to also for Young doesnt make him all glorious because like vick he cant pass either. Your arguement is one of a serious HOMER

You mean as opposed to being a white homer?

Let's, please, not bring race into the argument.

Chiefster
07-30-2009, 05:58 PM
I bring race in because simply living in a black dominated area i get tired of hearing it from black people about how good he was and still can be when the stats state simple he sucked

I just don't want this to turn into a thread where race is regarded; that's not what this site is about. If your point is to say that he sounds, to you, as if he is a Micheal Vick "Homer" then that is fair game. I consider myself a bit of a Chiefs "Homer" especially on game day; the term "Homer" is not one that I, necessarily, regard as derogatory.

Chiefster
07-30-2009, 07:09 PM
ok fine MASS EDIT....STOP BEING A HOMER!!! LOL

...Better. :)

Big Daddy Tek
07-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Tek that was the worse comeback arguement ever. And dont call me churchy. You sound like a black homer no offense but you do. Because simply put its this HE PLAYED QB and what do qbs do.....PASS.... winnner winner! And as i listed his passing stats you can obviously see he really was rank. Guess what your so called rushing lead was helped alot by T.J Ducket,Warrick Dunn, and his last year J Norwood. He did one thing that no other qb ever did he ran for a 1000 yards well wow.... Guess what thats a RB stat and yes you had to gameplan against his legs but you had to also for Young doesnt make him all glorious because like vick he cant pass either. Your arguement is one of a serious HOMER

You must not have read my post. Read mine and then read what you just wrote.... Churchy!:lol:

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 02:55 PM
u call me churchy and ill call you... wait cant use that language.. ill get warned and suspended again

You were suspended???

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
no i would be though lol

I understand.