PDA

View Full Version : Conner Barth Released. Succop's Job To Lose.

Big Daddy Tek
07-29-2009, 12:48 AM
According to Arrowhead Pride, Conner Barth was packing his bags for River Falls when he recieved a call from Todd Haley telling him that his time with the Chiefs was over. Obviously the Chiefs felt that Succop needed all the reps that he could get. Only time will tell.

Chiefster
07-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Wow! Didn't even call him into his office to tell him face to face.

dbolan
07-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Wow! Didn't even call him into his office to tell him face to face.

Not that I agree with the call but that is better than hearing through the media first! LOL!

The dude probably knew he was on the rocks anyway since Succup got the contract. Besides, they could bring him back later, possibly for chump change.

jmlamerson
07-29-2009, 10:05 AM
According to Arrowhead Pride, Conner Barth was packing his bags for River Falls when he recieved a call from Todd Haley telling him that his time with the Chiefs was over. Obviously the Chiefs felt that Succop needed all the reps that he could get. Only time will tell.

We're richer for having lost him.

yashi
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Guess we're really looking for leg strength. Barth had a pretty weak leg, but he was 10-12 in field goals. Hopefully Succop's 20-30 season last year was a fluke.

Pro_Angler
07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Chiefs kicking game especially kick offs have been a frikin joke for some time now..IMO and the return game as well!!!!!!!

Chief Tyler
07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Well my thing is this i really hate there not being competition. Or at the least keep them both for the year we got the ectra money. Succop can do kickoffs and long field goals. Let barth handle the close ones as we seen he can be accurate. But at the least them go head to head in training camp and then choose one. One name MEDLOCK!!! EEEEWWWW

The only problem with that is that they're putting off the problem of a having a top, consistent, and longterm kicking game. Splitting time like that is a detriment to both Succop and Barth. Plus, in releasing Barth, they're saying they've found their guy and are confident he can be accurate enough to make up for what Barth would have brought to the table.

tornadospotter
07-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Well after the last few seasons, I sure the front office has all available kickers on speed dial.

Chiefster
07-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Not that I agree with the call but that is better than hearing through the media first! LOL!

The dude probably knew he was on the rocks anyway since Succup got the contract. Besides, they could bring him back later, possibly for chump change.

:lol:

True; just ask Gunther.

Chiefster
07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Gunther needed to be canned

:bananen_smilies046:
Agreed; but it was cold to find out about it over the internet.

rodu
07-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm not to keen on Succup having no competition in camp. Look what happened with Medlock

Chiefster
07-29-2009, 08:53 PM
AMen RODU AMEN!! hey internet or not he knew he was going to be canned chiefster. He is one of the most overrated coaches in the nfl. Tim Krumrie is by far my favorite of any coach regardless. He is a joy to watch when he gets animated. GET YOUR *** DOWN YOU SLOB!!! hahaha

:lol:

My kind of coach.

Chiefster
07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
A make or break kind of guy eh?

Chiefster
07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
I don't really know; I'm not as familiar with our assistants as I should be.

Big Daddy Tek
07-31-2009, 12:42 AM
AMen RODU AMEN!! hey internet or not he knew he was going to be canned chiefster. He is one of the most overrated coaches in the nfl. Tim Krumrie is by far my favorite of any coach regardless. He is a joy to watch when he gets animated. GET YOUR *** DOWN YOU SLOB!!! hahaha

For some reason, I disagree with everything that comes out of your keyboard. Gunther cunningham is an outstanding Coordinator. He was running Herms cover 2 for the past two years. He said numerous times this off season that those calls were not his. As a Chiefs fan, you should really pay attention to what you say, because your talking about arguably the best D-coordinator the chiefs ever had. You know all those records in the 90's that we set on defense? That was Gunther as the coordinator. Gunther was such a great D-coordinator that CP offered him the head coaching job. He wasn't so good at that, but none the less, a great D-coordinator.

He was Marty's choice as D-coordinator and then Jeff Fishers choice for linebackers coach / coordinator assistant and now Jim Schwartz had him picked out before Gunther even left KC for the Lions Coordinator job.

I agree that it was time for a change almost everywhere, but dont say he is the most overrated coach in the league, because he is actually quite the opposite.

honda522
07-31-2009, 12:44 AM
Sure he didn't see Ray Farmer? :lol: I wish him luck and hope it was the right decision.

AussieChiefsFan
07-31-2009, 02:41 AM
Look's like the Kicker spot is all Ryan Succop's!

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah he's a real suck-up! :D

AussieChiefsFan
07-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Yeah he's a real suck-up! :D
I wonder what his high school life woulda been like.

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 03:44 PM
I wonder what his high school life woulda been like.

Good question.

Coach
08-01-2009, 11:25 PM
I agree with earlier posters that I would have liked there to have been competition at the kicker position.

Chiefster
08-01-2009, 11:28 PM
I agree with earlier posters that I would have liked there to have been competition at the kicker position.

Agreed! It would serve to bring out the best in both kickers.

jmlamerson
08-02-2009, 01:11 PM

Look at it this way. Why waste a roster spot on a player who won't possibly make the team? I wouldn't object to them bringing in competition for Succop, but Barth isn't good enough to be that.