PDA

View Full Version : Hemp and Marijuana

doobs_05
07-30-2009, 03:57 AM
My question is do you think Hemp and/or Marijuana will ever be legalized

I just got done watching a documentary (The Union: The Buisness Behind Getting High) and it really made me look at hemp and Marijuana differently. I use to look at as a horrible drug that could be harmful to you and your body....but after watching that i have a different perspective on it.

Now i smoke it here and there but i don't smoke it all the time in fear that i might get a job interview and have to get a piss test and then fail.

honda522
07-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Nah, people abuse it, like alcohol.

tornadospotter
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
YouTube - Full Beer Can Meets BBgun

:mob:

jmlamerson
07-30-2009, 11:42 AM

And we all saw how well it went when alcohol was banned.

Chiefster
07-30-2009, 11:51 AM
For me: I don't use anything that will make me lose control of my physical faculties or mental perceptions, but understand the medical purposes for glaucoma and the like. I, also, understand the "recreational" use argument, and how it may not be anymore dangerous then alcohol intake in moderation. My fear would be that with each use my ability to determine moderation diminishes.

Vanilla Garilla
07-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I think it should be legalized for a few reasons:

1. I used to smoke for quite a few years, and while smoking never once got in trouble. Compare that to my alchohol drinking, in which ive been in trouble over a dozen times throughout my youth.

2. It could really boost the economy!!!

3. Has anyone ever murdered or raped someone while high? Probably so, but not even close in comparison to the crimes that are committed when people are drunk.

4. I like it, and I would love to be able to do it on occasion again legally, and without fear of losing my job.

Hayvern
07-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Legalize all of it, get it all out in the open and then deal with it like we do alcohol. This "war" on drugs we started in the 80s has done nothing to curtail drug usage.

It is prohibition all over again, let's legalize it, regulate it, and tax it.

tornadospotter
07-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Legalize all of it, get it all out in the open and then deal with it like we do alcohol. This "war" on drugs we started in the 80s has done nothing to curtail drug usage.

It is prohibition all over again, let's legalize it, regulate it, and tax it.
Then lower the dang tax on beer.

honda522
07-30-2009, 11:17 PM
And we all saw how well it went when alcohol was banned.
Can you imagine the amount of people getting high if they legalized it? There would be more immature people out there using it. Plus it makes you even more dumb.

Sweets
07-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Hemp meaning the roots, stalk, and stems of the cannabis plant is legal to possess. No one can
arrest you for wearing a hemp shirt, or using hemp paper. Marijuana, he flowers, buds, or leaves of the cannabis
plant is not legal to possess, and there are stiff fines and possible jail terms for having any marijuana in your
possession. The seeds are legal to possess and eat, but only if they are sterilized (will not grow to maturity.)

Since it is not possible to grow the hemp plant without being in possession of marijuana, the United States does not
produce any industrial hemp products, and must import them or, more often, substitute others.

Ridiculous isn't it?

stricken721
07-31-2009, 02:27 AM
Hemp meaning the roots, stalk, and stems of the cannabis plant is legal to possess. No one can
arrest you for wearing a hemp shirt, or using hemp paper. Marijuana, he flowers, buds, or leaves of the cannabis
plant is not legal to possess, and there are stiff fines and possible jail terms for having any marijuana in your
possession. The seeds are legal to possess and eat, but only if they are sterilized (will not grow to maturity.)

Since it is not possible to grow the hemp plant without being in possession of marijuana, the United States does not
produce any industrial hemp products, and must import them or, more often, substitute others.

Ridiculous isn't it?

Very

Vanilla Garilla
07-31-2009, 05:48 AM

Ridiculous isn't it?

Great post sweets. That is just ignorance on the part of the U.S Government.

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 06:02 AM
Great post sweets. That is just ignorance on the part of the U.S Government.

Ignorance on the part of the U.S Government???

Noooo! :lol:

Sweets
07-31-2009, 02:29 PM
the propagation time on those branches are long and arduous.

Not that I'd know from experience or anything

tornadospotter
07-31-2009, 03:46 PM

:sign0095::025-Herb01::34:

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 05:00 PM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/07/220.jpg

:D

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 09:36 PM
:lol:

tammietailgator
07-31-2009, 10:38 PM
I say legalize it and tax it! Fund a health care program with it that we can all agree on!

Sweets
07-31-2009, 10:39 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/07/220.jpg

:D

Wow Chiefster, your backyard needs some "weeding"..literally

Vanilla Garilla
07-31-2009, 10:48 PM
I say legalize it and tax it! Fund a health care program with it that we can all agree on!

Damn right Tammie. :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 11:22 PM
Wow Chiefster, your backyard needs some "weeding"..literally

Yeah, I've been tryin to get my kids to do it, but they keep putting it off.

tammietailgator
07-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I've been tryin to get my kids to do it, but they keep putting it off.

Sweets
08-01-2009, 01:05 AM
It's probably hard for them to mow around those bottles.

Sn@keIze
08-01-2009, 01:38 AM
It's probably hard for them to mow around those bottles.The 49ers are gay and so is their community.

The only reason I can tolerate the 49ers (and you) is because they cause the Faiders a lot of stress. A bigger and more important picture you couldnt understand.

I would join the 49ers dumbarse gay forum but im not that lame.

Sweets
08-01-2009, 09:47 AM
49ers are gay and their community is too...woooohoooo you're cool, :rolleyes at the loser: This thread is about Marijuana and you attack my team and myself, and they card and ban Canada?????

Chiefster
08-01-2009, 11:10 AM
We are not about throwing out insults and calling others "gay" in a derogatory manor here. Doing so, while directing said comments towards a respected member in good standing of this sight who happens to be an admin of another teams site, does nothing to foster the kind of respectful atmosphere we are trying to provide. Please keep your comments respectful and on topic.

Chiefster
08-01-2009, 11:27 AM
It's probably hard for them to mow around those bottles.

They know how move things around and put them back.

Hayvern
08-01-2009, 12:48 PM
We are not about throwing out insults and calling others "gay" in a derogatory manor here. Doing so, while directing said comments towards a respected member in good standing of this sight who happens to be an admin of another teams site, does nothing to foster the kind of respectful atmosphere we are trying to provide. Please keep your comments respectful and on topic.

You have to admit though that there are a lot of gays in the San Francisco Community, so by nature of the law of averages...

Not that there is anything wrong with that, some of my best friends are gay.

Chiefster
08-01-2009, 03:45 PM
You have to admit though that there are a lot of gays in the San Francisco Community, so by nature of the law of averages...

Not that there is anything wrong with that, some of my best friends are gay.

True enough, that is why I mentioned using the term in a "derogatory manor". Suffice it to say that homosexuality is everywhere, I don't want this to turn into a thread about sexual orientation. So, let's continue the discussion of the legalization, or lack the thereof, of marijuana.

tornadospotter
08-01-2009, 05:18 PM
True enough, that is why I mentioned using the term in a "derogatory manor". Suffice it to say that homosexuality is everywhere, I don't want this to turn into a thread about sexual orientation. So, let's continue the discussion of the legalization, or lack the thereof, of marijuana.
:sign0101: We would hate to see a thread moving away from the title topic. :D

Chiefster
08-01-2009, 11:49 PM
:sign0101: We would hate to see a thread moving away from the title topic. :D

For sure! :lol:

Sweets
08-02-2009, 01:51 AM
<passes the joint to Chiefster>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/08/2.jpg

Sn@keIze
08-02-2009, 02:29 AM
49ers are gay and their community is too...woooohoooo you're cool, :rolleyes at the loser: This thread is about Marijuana and you attack my team and myself, and they card and ban Canada?????Sounds to me like you cant handle a lil trash talk. Yes i will attack your team again so what. Screw the 49ers. I dont have to hold back of my opinion of other teams just because your here.

I dont feel sorry for what i said.

If you think that there is something wrong with gays and think its derogitory well then thats your problem.

If your gay then I call you a homo so what. Call me a hetero, I dont care.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, some of my best friends are gay.Yep, not that there is something wrong with that. If i say a community is gay so what.

Sweets just cant handle trash talk. Talk about getting defensive.

That being said. I dont mind if weed is legalized. it will boost the economy. people will pay $50 a pack.

hermhater
08-02-2009, 02:36 AM
This guy's parachute ropes were made of hemp.

It saved his life.

http://z.about.com/d/americanhistory/1/0/5/A/41-georgebush_1.jpg

hermhater
08-02-2009, 02:43 AM
And the rigging on the boat that saved him where made of hemp.

hermhater
08-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Propellers are underwater.

hermhater
08-02-2009, 03:28 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!

stricken721
08-02-2009, 03:35 AM
YouTube - Seinfeld - Exclamation point

Sweets
08-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Sounds to me like you cant handle a lil trash talk. Yes i will attack your team again so what. Screw the 49ers. I dont have to hold back of my opinion of other teams just because your here.

I dont feel sorry for what i said.

If you think that there is something wrong with gays and think its derogitory well then thats your problem.

If your gay then I call you a homo so what. Call me a hetero, I dont care.
Yep, not that there is something wrong with that. If i say a community is gay so what.

Sweets just cant handle trash talk. Talk about getting defensive.

That being said. I dont mind if weed is legalized. it will boost the economy. people will pay $50 a pack.

I can handle anything you can puke up dude, obviously you can't understand the written word, I said this thread isn't the place to trash talk about any football team, in the right place go for it, like who's going to be intimidated by someone bashing your team on the internet...get real.

Sn@keIze
08-02-2009, 05:36 PM
I can handle anything you can puke up dude, obviously you can't understand the written word, I said this thread isn't the place to trash talk about any football team, in the right place go for it, like who's going to be intimidated by someone bashing your team on the internet...get real.
evidently not 49 whiner.

Im not for sidetracking threads much, but ill bash your team in any thread if i want if feel like it.

weed is good.

Sn@keIze
08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
evidently not 49 whiner.

Im not for sidetracking threads much, but ill bash your team in any thread if i want if feel like it.

weed is good

Sweets
08-02-2009, 07:52 PM
lol 49whiner, try getting a tad original will ya...<yawn>

Sn@keIze
08-03-2009, 01:30 AM
lol 49whiner, try getting a tad original will ya...<yawn>
Well well well. So now your complaining that im not talking trash enough.

Yawn? If this is boring you. All you got to do is not b!tch and moan and complain that im attacking you.

You cant have both sweetheart.

doobs_05
08-03-2009, 03:34 AM
now see if Marijuana was legal sweets and Sn@keIze could go smoke and just let this stuff just roll by.

but watching that documentary (The Union: The Buisness Behind Getting High) sounds like Canada will legalize it and what would happen if they did that? Would the United States just stop.... and its funny cuz a guy was saying that canada would be brining in toxic to America tho we supply them with cigs.

doobs_05
08-03-2009, 03:49 AM
Society, Politics, and the news are the ones that made weed to become what it is today...the war on drugs is just a war on marijuana.......Marijuana is just frowned upon just like masturbating in a plane (lol The Hangover quote sorry)

hermhater
08-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Is this **** legal yet?

hermhater
08-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Well well well. So now your complaining that im not talking trash enough.

Yawn? If this is boring you. All you got to do is not b!tch and moan and complain that im attacking you.

You cant have both sweetheart.

Sweets can have whatever she wants homie.

Canada
08-20-2009, 09:36 PM
now see if Marijuana was legal sweets and Sn@keIze could go smoke and just let this stuff just roll by.

but watching that documentary (The Union: The Buisness Behind Getting High) sounds like Canada will legalize it and what would happen if they did that? Would the United States just stop.... and its funny cuz a guy was saying that canada would be brining in toxic to America tho we supply them with cigs.Its already been decriminalized in Canada. I can have up to and ounce without getting any more than a ticket!! :D

Vanilla Garilla
08-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Its already been decriminalized in Canada. I can have up to and ounce without getting any more than a ticket!! :D

What about work wise? does it justify termination, if it comes up in a drug test?

If not, i am moving shortly, please find me a decent place.:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
08-20-2009, 10:40 PM
What about work wise? does it justify termination, if it comes up in a drug test?

If not, i am moving shortly, please find me a decent place.:bananen_smilies046:

Never taken a drug test in my life. :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
08-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Leaving Arrowhead to legally smoke weed...

I'm not sure I could do it...

tammietailgator
08-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Hmmm I think that it will be legalized for economic gain, but not in the next 4 years.

doobs_05
08-21-2009, 02:40 AM
I think once the next generation of people go into the white house it may be passed...the older people just frown on it cuz they were forced to think it was addicting and could kill

Canada
08-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Bump....I love weed!!:SmokinBanana:

doobs_05
08-31-2009, 03:21 AM
Bump....I love weed!!:SmokinBanana:

hahaha...might need some this year if the chiefs don't perform...

doobs_05
08-31-2009, 03:24 AM
chiefster: :11:

Chiefster on weed: :wheelchair:

Canada
08-31-2009, 08:04 AM
hahaha...might need some this year if the chiefs don't perform...

Im gonna need some if they do perform!! :D

GlennBree
08-31-2009, 08:19 AM

That's cute!! :lol:

Chiefster
08-31-2009, 02:10 PM

Last time I smoke dandy lions!

GlennBree
08-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Last time I smoke dandy lions!

LMAO!!! They'll get ya every time!!! :11:

Chiefster
08-31-2009, 02:19 PM
LMAO!!! They'll get ya every time!!! :11:

Now ya tell me! :11: :lol:

tammietailgator
09-01-2009, 02:07 AM
I would not smoke or eat anything that grows in the yard!

tornadospotter
09-01-2009, 02:49 AM
I would not smoke or eat anything that grows in the yard!
Dandy lion jelly is really good.

tammietailgator
09-01-2009, 02:57 AM
Bring some to the game - I have never tried it! Please?

Chiefster
09-01-2009, 02:59 AM
Dandy lion jelly is really good.

I didn't know there was such a thing.

tornadospotter
09-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Bring some to the game - I have never tried it! Please?
If I find some dandy lions that grow where no weed killer is used, I will make some. I think I have the recipe around here some where.

I didn't know there was such a thing.
My grandma used to make it.

Chiefster
09-01-2009, 03:09 AM
If I find some dandy lions that grow where no weed killer is used, I will make some. I think I have the recipe around here some where.

My grandma used to make it.

Grandmas always make the best stuff. :D

doobs_05
09-01-2009, 04:03 AM

i wonder if they can make the greatest beer and some really good weed lol

Chiefster
09-01-2009, 07:35 AM
i wonder if they can make the greatest beer and some really good weed lol

Well dandy lions are involved here

Canada
09-01-2009, 08:07 AM

My grandma grows the best stuff!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/09/3.jpg

Canada
09-01-2009, 10:55 AM
People Can say what they want that pot doesnt hurt you or that its natural. Its a piss poor old argument so that every drug addict or pot head can sit there and be like its cool its ok. I personally know people and wrote a huge paper against it in college. Legalizing pot would not be as big a boon as you think for the economy. If you wanted to really make the money they should legalize prostitution. Pot in its own right can be addicting ive met countless potheads who say they can put it down anytime yet they always are nagging and complaining when they cant find some. Its a waste of your life and is yet another object weak willed and minded people use to escape reality because its to hard for them.

Wow, judgemental much? First off let me ask you this. Why does it matter that you know someone who wrote a paper about it in college? Does this give you some sort of knowledge that the rest of the world does not have or is it just another opinion from someone?

Can you tell me what it is about marijuana that hurts you? What diseases does it cause? What are the medical problems that stem from marijuana use?

As far as it being addictive in its own right, so is everything. I know people who stop eating junk food who always complain and nag that they can't have it. I would like to hear you back up ANY of your argument with a fact other than someone you knoew in college wrote about it.

As far as the economy goes, you are as$inine to believe that it would not help the economy. Not just the sale of it but consider the fact that every "criminal" in jail for marijuana costs money every day to house, clothe and feed. Those tax dollars would be a definite boom to the economy.

Fact is, I have no doubt that you have at some point in your life consumed alcohol which has a much higher rate of addiction, causes an abundance of health related problems and cause countless deaths. Marijuana on the other hand has never had an overdose related death, has never been linked to any health problem and has no addicting substance (other then mentally) Yet here we stand as a society who can say that pot is terrible but feel free to go buy a pack of smokes and a bottle of Jack Daniels cause its all leagal but puff a joint and you go to jail.

You sit here and say that it is for weak willed people who can't deal with reality...I have two college degrees, I teach part time at a local college, I am a full time paramedic, father of two and own a house and two cars. I deal with reality just fine and I smoke a joint (at least) every day.

Canada
09-01-2009, 11:55 AM
And i am judgemental because im sick of the weak willed nansy generation i come from. All the people my do is get drunk or high and make babies then leave the woman alone to take care of them. Its sickening and it wasnt a attack on you CANADA more of on my generation. Im sick of the guys my age trying to have the biggest D*** contest and trying to be a thug wanna be. I swear sometimes i wanna go postal and slap the crap of a urban wigger.. but that wouldnt make me any different then the people i complain about.

Fair enough, i just think that smoking a joint is no different then having a beer or getting a massage after a hard days work. Its the mentality of people that lead to it being a problem, not the drug itself. And yes, I would be a paramedic in the US as well. I have already had job offers in fubbalo!!

Bike
09-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Fair enough, i just think that smoking a joint is no different then having a beer or getting a massage after a hard days work. Its the mentality of people that lead to it being a problem, not the drug itself. And yes, I would be a paramedic in the US as well. I have already had job offers in fubbalo!!
Take the fubbalo job!. Then you could watch b!lls players wither in pain on the way to the hospital and send us pics!!

Canada
09-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Take the fubbalo job!. Then you could watch b!lls players wither in pain on the way to the hospital and send us pics!!
Not a chance, do you know how long it would take to get that stink out of my ambulance!!

Bike
09-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Not a chance, do you know how long it would take to get that stink out of my ambulance!!
B!lls suck.

Canada
09-01-2009, 01:38 PM
B!lls suck.

Yer alright bicycle!!:bananen_smilies046:

doobs_05
09-02-2009, 03:07 AM
I should start growing pot and selling it....i heard those guys make a ton of money lol

doobs_05
09-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Yer alright bicycle!!:bananen_smilies046:

Hey canada did you ever think dumbolo (hahaha so dumb) has good weed....i mean they have to be stressed out all the time with their teams (and the Bills performances in the superbowls) lol

Canada
09-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey canada did you ever think dumbolo (hahaha so dumb) has good weed....i mean they have to be stressed out all the time with their teams (and the Bills performances in the superbowls) lol

I dont think fubbalo has good anything!! :D (except chicken wings)

tammietailgator
09-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Ha! What a good read!!!! I loved the way Church recanted so quickly.... did you happen to partake? Pot can have that effect on somebody. :lol: which is another good point.... keeps people from fighting so much! LOL!

I know people here in KC Canada... you should send me your resume!

doobs_05
09-03-2009, 03:32 AM
lol i got a text today from a buddy saying he had some green and i was like WTF...then i realized what he meant hahaha

GlennBree
09-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Grass Station

September 2, 2009 4:55 PM | permalink (http://blog.trutv.com/dumb_as_a_blog/2009/09/according-to-deputies-in-frederick-county-maryland-52-year-old-james-t-hart-wanted-gas-for-his-motorcycle-when-he-pulled-i.html)

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/09/7.jpg (http://blog.trutv.com/dumb_as_a_blog/author-ritch.html)
Posted by Ritch (http://blog.trutv.com/dumb_as_a_blog/author-ritch.html)

http://blog.trutv.com/.a/6a00d83451d24369e20120a598b75a970c-150wi (http://blog.trutv.com/.a/6a00d83451d24369e20120a598b75a970c-pi)James T. Hart, 52, pulled his motorcycle into Classic Fuels in Frederick County Maryland on Sunday.
But instead of paying with cash or a credit card, Hart offered the clerk marijuana for the fill-up. (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bal-gas0901,0,782993.story) The employee, perhaps accustomed to a more clean-cut, post-church service Sunday clientele, immediately called authorities, who say they searched Hart (pictured) and found pot, cocaine and Oxycodone.
While we're not defending Hart's foolhardy business transaction, he seemed to actually posses the goods he had allegedly offered in trade. While this doesn't make him intelligent, he was at least honest. In this era of Bernie Madoff, that is refreshingly noble.
Hart was arrested for possession of the drugs and paraphernalia, and despite what the famous bumper sticker says (http://www.bumperart.com/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=2004011319&ProductID=639)he was given a free ride- to jail.

Chiefster
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM
He's an idiot.

Vanilla Garilla
09-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow, judgemental much? First off let me ask you this. Why does it matter that you know someone who wrote a paper about it in college? Does this give you some sort of knowledge that the rest of the world does not have or is it just another opinion from someone?

Can you tell me what it is about marijuana that hurts you? What diseases does it cause? What are the medical problems that stem from marijuana use?

As far as it being addictive in its own right, so is everything. I know people who stop eating junk food who always complain and nag that they can't have it. I would like to hear you back up ANY of your argument with a fact other than someone you knoew in college wrote about it.

As far as the economy goes, you are as to believe that it would not help the economy. Not just the sale of it but consider the fact that every "criminal" in jail for marijuana costs money every day to house, clothe and feed. Those tax dollars would be a definite boom to the economy.

Fact is, I have no doubt that you have at some point in your life consumed alcohol which has a much higher rate of addiction, causes an abundance of health related problems and cause countless deaths. Marijuana on the other hand has never had an overdose related death, has never been linked to any health problem and has no addicting substance (other then mentally) Yet here we stand as a society who can say that pot is terrible but feel free to go buy a pack of smokes and a bottle of Jack Daniels cause its all leagal but puff a joint and you go to jail.

You sit here and say that it is for weak willed people who can't deal with reality...I have two college degrees, I teach part time at a local college, I am a full time paramedic, father of two and own a house and two cars. I deal with reality just fine and I smoke a joint (at least) every day.

Excellent well thought out post Canada! Rep.:bananen_smilies046:

I wrote a paper and delivered a speech about this topic, and i used some of the main points as you.

The major key to boosting the economy is not just from the sales tax that we would get from legalizing it, its from the decriminalization of it. It costs too much money to continue to go to war against it. I believe Obama is for the decriminalization of weed, but not complete legalization. I would consider decriminalization a win, and would be happy with it as a good first step.

McLovin
09-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Excellent well thought out post Canada! Rep.:bananen_smilies046:

I wrote a paper and delivered a speech about this topic, and i used some of the main points as you.

The major key to boosting the economy is not just from the sales tax that we would get from legalizing it, its from the decriminalization of it. It costs too much money to continue to go to war against it. I believe Obama is for the decriminalization of weed, but not complete legalization. I would consider decriminalization a win, and would be happy with it as a good first step.

I have to say, I dont smoke weed, have not for 20 years, but I feel that it should be legalized. My points for this are:

1. There would be some tax boost if not a large tax boost.

2. It would create jobs, as plants opened to prepare and package. That would also boost the economy.

3. It would reduce overcrowding in jails and cost less taxpayer money to fight against it.

4. After legalization it would be like cigarettes and regulated, therefore you wouldn't have a problem with tainted weed that often cause more of a problem.

Now with that said I also believe that there should be rules simular to alcohol and cigarettes associated with weed.

1. If your caught using and driving, simular penaltys to drinking and driving.

2. No smoking weed in public. I appriciate that you enjoy it, but I dont want to smoke it and I sure dont want my kids too. Contact high is way worse then second hand smoke. You should have the priveledge of smoking in your own house and informed to not smoke with kids in the room. Knowledge is huge.

Yes there will be people that abuse weed and are not a great contribution to society but there are people like that now. I dont feel that problem would get much worse if any. There is such a thinkg as a functional drinker and functional weed smoker.

That all said I need a diet dew ... GO CHIEFS

Canada
09-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I didnt recant i still believe what i believe it was not a personal attack ( the persona of a drunken pothead was) but my first pot post was a attack on all drug addicts. They are a drain on life and our economy. Anyone ANYONE who does any drugs is a loser and a moron. Regardless im not telling you to do it or not do it because i dont care. Waste your life if you want but it is still retarded. I have never done a drug in my life and ive drank very little. I am proud to be clean for the most part of my life and i know its the way god wants me to be.

Sure is starting to seem like it is a personal attack. I smoke a lot of weed and I am probably less of a drain on society that you and yet you climb up on your soapbox and start yapping about something you obviously dont understand. Thats great that you are "clean and sober" and you found Jesus. That is great that you are happy with the life you lead. But my friend, we are all where god wants us to be. I just happen to be able to think for myself and know what works for me. So until you can sit down, smoke a fatty and relax....STFU and dont discuss things u know nothng about. :bananen_smilies046:

Sweets
09-06-2009, 12:34 AM
If you've taken aspirins or any type of medication, you've done drugs.

Chiefster
09-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Ok, we're going to agree to disagree or I'll be forced to close yet another good thread, and would really not like to do that.

No more personalizing the thread topic.

Canada
09-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Canada you attack me online and your nothing but a drunk drug addict and that i do know considering you admitted to drinking and smoke pot. and im not a drain period im not on any goverment help or **** so dont run your mouth.

I attack YOU???? Are you serious? You come on here blabbering all kinds of bullsh!t, then I respond with a well thought out post, presenting facts that you can not intelligently argue against, then you come one here telling everyone who smokes a joint of drinks a beer that they are a loser and drain on society...and I am attacking you? Wow...so you aren't on welfare. Good for you, do you give back to your community in ANY way? I sure as hell do, I help people around me EVERY day. What do you do besides preach some bullsh!t church logic about what GOD wants you to do. News flash moron, God wants people to live life. Make mistakes. Learn from their experiences. You are so sheltered it is ridiculous. Go out and try and live a little instead of judging people. Doesnt it say something about Judge not lest ye be judged? Its a sad day in religion when someone like you is the one representing the Churchs beliefs. Don't bother responding cause you obviously have nothing intelligent to post.

Canada
09-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Why would i give back to a community of people who drink and do drugs? The city i live with is filled with people who are the scum of society. As for sheltered your a complete and utter moron. Ive lived in over 17 states and countless bad and good areas. I spent my fair share of time on the chicago southside and ive seen things your drunked little canadian *** would prob cry out in your sleep about. Dont act like you know me or say im sheltered. Your just a old drunken person who claims to be all this and that and your just what i said. You can claim to do all this and being a emt doesnt mean your the end all be all. Like ive said before i would not want some stoned drunk emt helping me.

Wow, u truly sound like one of Gods children!! :sign0098:

Chiefster
09-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Ok, again, another thread that is obviously played out.

Chiefster
09-07-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll re-open this thread if the personal attacks will end, but the moment it gets personal again I will close it...again.

Vanilla Garilla
09-07-2009, 12:59 PM
I'll re-open this thread if the personal attacks will end, but the moment it gets personal again I will close it...again.

:sign0098:

Canada
09-07-2009, 01:01 PM
who cares

Hayvern
09-07-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm for legalizing all drugs, lets get this stuff out of the underground where we can deal with it more effectively. The only reason there are still drug laws in this country is that the law enforcement agencies use the money from the things they seize. It goes directly to law enforcement, if they legalize it, all that money goes for different things... things that are not law enforcement.

We could save a ton of money and get a pretty good boost to the economy, but not so much from weed itself. Very few people go to jail over weed anymore, yeah once in a while there will be a big bust on a dealer, but very few recreational users ever see real jail time. That is not to say that there are not arrests for posession, but those arrests are mainly tickets with fines people will pay and head on down the road.

I know, most pot sites want to make it sound like there are millions of people in prison for pot usage alone, that really is not the case. Most of those that are in prison are in because of other circumstances as well. Here is a good paper about it:

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/publications/whos_in_prison_for_marij/whos_in_prison_for_marij.pdf

So again, pot use is not the problem here, nor is legalizing it the savior that the pot-heads think it is.

No the real money is in Cocaine, Ecstasy and Heroine. Those are the ones that cause the crime rates to go up, where all the money is being spent and why most drug offenders are in prison. Those are the ones we need to legalize to see a cost benefit, unfortunately, the cost to society on legalizing those will be great.

DT14PRIEST
09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
No the real money is in Cocaine, Ecstasy and Heroine. Those are the ones that cause the crime rates to go up, where all the money is being spent and why most drug offenders are in prison. Those are the ones we need to legalize to see a cost benefit, unfortunately, the cost to society on legalizing those will be great.

Don't care about pot or who uses it but when you call for the legalization of some of the most addictive and physically and mentally destructive narcotics on Earth to simply see a minor bump in economic stimulus is absurd compared to the long term health detriment you are going to impose on society and the population in general.

jmlamerson
09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
My opinion: let people who use hard drugs wipe themselves out. No great loss. As long as I don't have to pay for it, I don't care what people do.

Hayvern
09-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Don't care about pot or who uses it but when you call for the legalization of some of the most addictive and physically and mentally destructive narcotics on Earth to simply see a minor bump in economic stimulus is absurd compared to the long term health detriment you are going to impose on society and the population in general.

I agree with you, but those drugs are being used, and these things you worry about are already happening. If you legalize it and regulate it, there is a possibility it can be made safer for the user. The problems hard narcotics have are felt in alcohol abuse as well.

In all seriousness, I would rather people not use drugs, I would also rather people not vote for socialist democrats as well but they still do it. It seems easier to regulate and control than it does to try and abolish it.

DT14PRIEST
09-08-2009, 01:53 AM
I agree with you, but those drugs are being used, and these things you worry about are already happening. If you legalize it and regulate it, there is a possibility it can be made safer for the user. The problems hard narcotics have are felt in alcohol abuse as well.

In all seriousness, I would rather people not use drugs, I would also rather people not vote for socialist democrats as well but they still do it. It seems easier to regulate and control than it does to try and abolish it.

I agree with you too a point and I'll admit I don't know all the facts concerning 'hard' drugs and their addiction rate.

But just going by what little I do know I think it would be nigh near impossible to regulate the usage while hoping to avoid a mass outbreak of addiction and dependence on the drugs themselves all just to stem the rate of drug related criminal activity and boost the economy.

If anything regulation will be as effective as the government trying to regulate the consumption of alcohol (which is practically impossible) only with hard drugs possessing an exponentially greater addiction rate and a significantly greater health deterioration rate. The bad just simply outweigh the good in that scenario.

doobs_05
09-08-2009, 03:16 AM

thank you for re opening my thread hahaha i think its my longest running thread

My opinion: let people who use hard drugs wipe themselves out. No great loss. As long as I don't have to pay for it, I don't care what people do.

only problem with letting the "real" druggies do their thing is that leads to the deaths and murders.....

also the biggest problem right now in montana is meth

McLovin
09-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Point is simple.. A Drug is a Drug.. Prescription ones can help but even those are abused. Pot although a plant is a drug and is abused by thousands of unintelligent people who dont use it for its medical effects. Drinking should be banned to in my eyes for its just as bad as most hard drugs. But anyone who abuses the lot is a waste of air and life.
The problem lies in that anything can be abused. Freedom of speech is also abused so due to this should we take away the right to free speech. Driving is a priviledge also and it is often abused. Guess no one should drive.

There are many people that are functional drinkers, functional pot smokers, why should they be punished because of the abuse of a few. I am not one that drinks or smokes anything but I also see that there are many that want to take away every possibly freedom in the name of religion and that is horsesh!t.

I agree with not allowing drinking or doing drugs and driving because it then not only effects the person doing it but can kill innocent people that had nothing to do with it. I agree with making restaurants non smoking as I choose (as well as a lot of other people) not to smoke and when someone smokes in a restaurant it hinders my ability to breathe and enjoy my trip out to eat, it also gives food a bad flavor. But if someone wants to chew tobacco or have alcohol during their dinner (with a designated driver) then this is their choice. Since it does not affect my ability to live or enjoy myself that honestly it is none of my business.

People are going to make bad choices, when those bad choices such as drunk driving affect others there should be laws and penalitys (and their are) when those decisions affect only themselves then more power too them, if they would like help changing their ways then we can help but they have parents already we dont need to fix what they dont deem a problem.

Canada
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Point is simple.. A Drug is a Drug.. Prescription ones can help but even those are abused. Pot although a plant is a drug and is abused by thousands of unintelligent people who dont use it for its medical effects. Drinking should be banned to in my eyes for its just as bad as most hard drugs. But anyone who abuses the lot is a waste of air and life.

Point is simple...a drug is a drug? so you honestly think there is no difference between smoking a joint and hittin the crack pipe? How about smoking some meth, line of coke? If u think pot is the same thing then I really dont care to continue this discussion with you as you are obviously blinded by your obvious hatred for anyone who has ever touched a joint.

So...since I smoke pot every day, I am a waste of air and life?

chief31
09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
For me: I don't use anything that will make me lose control of my physical faculties or mental perceptions, but understand the medical purposes for glaucoma and the like. I, also, understand the "recreational" use argument, and how it may not be anymore dangerous then alcohol intake in moderation. My fear would be that with each use my ability to determine moderation diminishes.

And I am all about giving you that choice.

No taxes. This nation was founded, in part, based on taxing of such luxury items. It is a slap in the face to The United States to tax another leaf in that way.

See First off i would point out that you are a perfect example of a weak willed person. The persona you give as a drunked pothead on this forum makes my point all the more true. You can say your the queen of england and i dunno it may be true. I dont know if you really do all those or not nor do i really care. Only a guilty party who felt the need to defend himself because the truth offended his druggie nature. And on the same note if you were in the states you would not be a paramedic. I personally dont want some stoned drunken guy showing up to help me.

A perfect example of a weak will might also be someone who is unable to follow the guidlines that Jesus set fourth, while considering themselves superior others for it.

And i am judgemental because im sick of the weak willed nansy generation i come from. All the people my do is get drunk or high and make babies then leave the woman alone to take care of them. Its sickening and it wasnt a attack on you CANADA more of on my generation. Im sick of the guys my age trying to have the biggest D*** contest and trying to be a thug wanna be. I swear sometimes i wanna go postal and slap the crap of a urban wigger.. but that wouldnt make me any different then the people i complain about.

Well, just because your beloved was running around with some pothead certainly doesn't make everyone who chooses to enjoy the fruits of this world that particular pothead. Or whatever pothead has you all riled-up.

And, unless you are being affected by other people who are "wiggers" or potheads, or whatever, then that is none of your business.

So, you honestly believe that, upon legalization, a mass of people who have the good sense not to mess with Crystal Meth will suddenly go rampant with it?

Why would people do that? The only people who would do that, already are.

I think people should mind their own business, unless someone infringes on their basic freedoms. And rather it is lighting up a joint, or injecting some heroine, that does not infringe upon your rights.

Hitler was pretty big on making people live the way he wanted them to too.

You are projecting alot of hatred issues here.

Unless someone is directly infringing upon your rights, or someone elses rights, then freedom of choice should prevail.

Who here doesn't drink any form of caffinated beverage? Caffine has an effect on the human body.

Sugar, anyone? Same deal.

Chemically processed foods?

It may very well be impossible to live a full life without using some form of mind altering substance.

I know that, much like marijuana, alot of vegetables have mild effects to them.

Even a hard-core vegan can't truthfully say that they never use any mind altering substance.

And yet so many feel that they should use the law to determine which ones other people should be allowed to use.

And, before it comes to this, "But people do these drugs, then directly infringe on peoples' rights"...

Well, it's real simple. If that person infringes upon your basic freedoms, (causing injury/stealing/threatening/property damage) then that person is guilty of whatever act actually infringed upon your freedom.

If that person physically attacked you, stole from you, or threatened you, then they have broken a basic law. Until then... how is it anyone's business?

Canada
09-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah!!!

doobs_05
09-08-2009, 01:18 PM
first off i could care less what anyone here thinks about my opinions or thoughts on canada. I dont share the man crush most of the guys here have with him. I do believe a methhead and a pothead are on equal ground so is a drunk and a pill popper. I have never been any of these and i have never said im better then any of these people. I simply said i dislike them and have nothing to do with these people. I think its a waste of air and life to do these but i reckon its there air and life. As for canada you ask do i think your a waste.. i answer you betcha.

You have to realise 3 out of those 4 things you put down can be addictive......Pot is not an addictive drug the only reason why so many people have to go to rehab or a drug problem facility is because when they get arrested they have a choice of jail or go to rehab.

You never hear about a Pot smoker going home and beating his wife, pot hasn't killed anyone.....pot is not liked because were taught not to do it.

Also: Chief31 REP!!!

chief31
09-08-2009, 01:19 PM
first off i could care less what anyone here thinks about my opinions or thoughts on canada. I dont share the man crush most of the guys here have with him. I do believe a methhead and a pothead are on equal ground so is a drunk and a pill popper. I have never been any of these and i have never said im better then any of these people. I simply said i dislike them and have nothing to do with these people. I think its a waste of air and life to do these but i reckon its there air and life. As for canada you ask do i think your a waste.. i answer you betcha.

So then... You consider these statements to be true about yourself?

a waste of air and life.

a loser and a moron.

the scum of society.
...a complete and utter moron.

Or are you better than all of that?

Seein' as how these are the things that you said about people, and you don't think you are better than them, are these things true of you?

Canada
09-08-2009, 01:26 PM

And there your ignorace shines through and that is why you can not carry on an intelligent conversation. Educate yourself before you start spewing crap about people.

chief31
09-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Its not ignorance its only ignorance to a guilty party. A DRUG ADDICT IS A DRUG ADDICT any way you toss it. And because i think someone who does these is said things doesnt mean im right does it? its a opinion and no i dont think im any of those things. I think im a sinner in my own right on different fronts.

Well, unless you have been, both, a pot-head and a meth-head, then you are ignorant to many of the differences.

Ignorances is to not know. And, unless you have experienced those things, then you are ignorant.

chief31
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Im ignorant because i didnt try those? Wow that is prob the dumbest thing ive ever heard. I have never tried drinking and driving yet i know its bad. Oh wait im ignorant because i didnt try it. Ive never killed someone But oh wait im ignorant because i didnt try that to. You my friend are ignorant. A drug is a drug is a drug. All are bad though ones are worse then others to me they are all equally bad and wrong. Enough said.

You clearly don't understand what the word ignorant means.

If you have never killed anyone, then you are ignorant to what it is like to kill someone.

This is just plain simple english. Take up your issue with Webster's...

Main Entry: ig·no·rant
Pronunciation: ˈig-n(ə-)rənt
Function: adjective
Date: 14th century1 a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics> b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>

ignorant - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignorant)

Chiefster
09-08-2009, 02:07 PM
And I am all about giving you ...

:bananen_smilies046:

stricken721
09-08-2009, 02:10 PM
The effects of Marijuana are actually pretty good. I just experienced this yesterday. :lol:

chief31
09-08-2009, 02:22 PM
No that means your smart enough not to. I know what ignorant but your not seeing past your own belief. Just because Ive never tried drugs doesnt mean im ignorant to it. That means im smart enough to know they are bad for you and all the effects are well documented. Therefore i know it does bad things so i dont do it. You my friend are ignorant in seeing more than your side.

So, please describe the experience of being addicted to heroine from first person narrative...

Without using someone else's description, which may or may not be acurate for others, you can't honestly do it.

Because you DO NOT KNOW what it is like.

You can fight and kick and scream all you want. But, rather you like it or not, there are millions of things that you are ignorant about. Same as the rest of us.

stricken721
09-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I just want to add I don't smoke on a regular basis and I will not suggest anybody smoke but I do every once in a while and I have not found it to get in the way of my education or family. I have smoked for about a year and I still finished highschool with a 4.0 gpa. Medical purposes I think it would great to pass and even for recreational use. A lot of intelligent people have smoked marijuana on a regular basis. The one that sticks out most in my mind is Dr. Francis Crick who won the Nobel Prize for finding structured DNA. Again I will not say everybody should smoke marijuana that is to be used at your own discretion but from personal experience I have never found it to get in the way of what I normally do an day-to-day basis.

DT14PRIEST
09-08-2009, 05:11 PM
So, you honestly believe that, upon legalization, a mass of people who have the good sense not to mess with Crystal Meth will suddenly go rampant with it?

Why would people do that? The only people who would do that, already are.

I think people should mind their own business, unless someone infringes on their basic freedoms. And rather it is lighting up a joint, or injecting some heroine, that does not infringe upon your rights.

No, now you're taking my words out of context.

What I did say is that I honestly do believe that if legalize a hard narcotic such as crystal meth (easily one the most, if not the most, addictive hard narcotic on earth) that you will see a significant (mass) outbreak of addiction and dependence on the drug assumed. Good sense or no sense it doesn't matter; if the drug is legal people will try it good sense or no sense its just a fact of cause and effect.

I have no method of quantifying this merely a hunch. But then again you have no method of disproving this so then again you are merely assuming the opposite in this situation based on you're on personal assumption.

I never said they'd go rampant with the drug but I do know (from personal experience) that it is highly addictive even when used in small amounts. You cannot control or stem the tide of addiction or dependence with mere regulation. You're taking the drug(s) too lightly (which many people do). Legalizing any destructive drug and its usage is only going to encourage a greater number of people to use it.

tammietailgator
09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
A very close friend of my husbands from high school was all strung out on meth and his girlfriend and him chopped another guy up with a hatchet - He should have stuck with pot... he would have never done this on pot! Just sayin..... oh and nobody that God puts on this earth is a waste!!!!

church, maybe you shouldn't be such a Judger!!!

stricken721
09-08-2009, 11:22 PM
A very close friend of my husbands from high school was all strung out on meth and his girlfriend and him chopped another guy up with a hatchet - He should have stuck with pot... he would have never done this on pot! Just sayin..... oh and nobody that God puts on this earth is a waste!!!!

church, maybe you shouldn't be such a Judger!!!

Agreed. Rep for you

doobs_05
09-09-2009, 03:07 AM
I forgot to put this out there but a month or so ago Mexico made it legal for you to carry a certain amount of each drug....so you can carry so much coke, pot, meth, herion.

Church....i just gotta ask....what is it about pot that you don't like? Is it just because its illegal and/or you have beliefs against it??

Chiefster
09-09-2009, 05:57 AM
I forgot to put this out there but a month or so ago Mexico made it legal for you to carry a certain amount of each drug....so you can carry so much coke, pot, meth, herion.

Church....i just gotta ask....what is it about pot that you don't like? Is it just because its illegal and/or you have beliefs against it??

You've opened a can of worms there; of course this whole thread is one huge can of worms. :lol:

doobs_05
09-09-2009, 06:35 AM
You've opened a can of worms there; of course this whole thread is one huge can of worms. :lol:

True...i didn't wanna sound mean asking it. i use to be the same way about pot (didn't like it or anything) but as i got older just came to understand it wasn't that bad.

we'll see what happens tho i guess

tornadospotter
09-09-2009, 09:13 AM
YouTube - PEACE PIPES - USA HEMP MUSEUM - LOVE WARRIORS TUCK AND PATTI

Well they are called peace pipes.

Canada
09-09-2009, 12:09 PM
To me its illegal if they legalize it i wouldnt have a word to say. I have a little vendetta against it because all my generation does is get stoned period.

So do you hate people who speed too? How about kids who shoplift. Try thinking for yourself. I dont liek it cause someone told me not to like it. Great argument!!:lol:

Chiefster
09-09-2009, 12:19 PM
YouTube - PEACE PIPES - USA HEMP MUSEUM - LOVE WARRIORS TUCK AND PATTI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBqyaEG23SM)

Well they are called peace pipes.

You mean that was weed they were smoking???

I just always thought it was a high grade premium tobacco. :D

GlennBree
09-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Its not the i dont like it because someone told me not to. Its the personal fact i dislike all drugs and booze because it seems thats all my generation seem to want to do with there life. There life ambition is to be Stoned drunk or high. Canada dont bother addressing me i have nothing to say to a person like you. Your a drunked pothead.. we share nothing in common.

HMMMM....

Next please!

Chiefster
09-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Its not the i dont like it because someone told me not to. Its the personal fact i dislike all drugs and booze because it seems thats all my generation seem to want to do with there life. There life ambition is to be Stoned drunk or high. Canada dont bother addressing me i have nothing to say to a person like you. Your a drunked pothead.. we share nothing in common.

I see that the personal attacks continue, so I am going to close this thread at least for the time being and could become permanent.