PDA

View Full Version : Strker Sulak

pbatrucker
07-30-2009, 06:15 AM
The faders cut him. He is projected as an OLB in a 3-4. He had 22.5 sacks at Mizzu. He could be picked up for chump change. Could he be in the Chiefs future? IMO he would be a good player to take a look at.

yashi
07-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm a sucker for Mizzou players. We definitely forgot to draft a pass rusher, so I'd like it if we took a look at him.

Chiefster
07-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Wonder why he was cut?

pbatrucker
07-30-2009, 01:04 PM
He was cut by the Faders, Since when is anything they do logical. I have never heard of cutting a draft choice before camp. Reports say 10 teams are looking at him including the Pats and panthers.

Chiefster
07-30-2009, 01:06 PM
He was cut by the Faders, Since when is anything they do logical. I have never heard of cutting a draft choice before camp. Reports say 10 teams are looking at him including the Pats and panthers.

Good point!

jmlamerson
07-30-2009, 02:30 PM

I remember them cutting their 3rd rounder in 2008 before camp, Quentin Groves I think his name was. Al Davis just doesn't *get* the draft.

AkChief49
07-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Combine Results:Stryker Sulak

40 Yard Dash : 4.77 seconds
Bench Press : 22.0 reps
Vertical Jump : 31.0 inches
Broad Jump : 113.0 inches
3 Cone Drill : 7.31 seconds
20 Yard Shuttle : 4.58 seconds
It is interesting that they let him go, but yeah, it is the Faiders...Maybe this guy decided the Faiders were not for him?would not hurt to kick the tires

okikcfan
07-30-2009, 02:58 PM
If the Faiders cut him it's because he didn't have a rap sheet/criminal record, lol

hometeam
07-30-2009, 08:30 PM
lets get em~

Big Daddy Tek
07-31-2009, 12:21 AM
Good thread. I've been reading about this guy since it happened. Turns out, this guy is in like a "tug a war" with all these other teams now and will probably make more than he was gonna with the Choakland Gayders.

Nice work on the combine stats AKChief, impressive sheet for a second day pick.

Im in, lets get him!

Raiders4life
07-31-2009, 07:11 PM
I heard on NFL Net last night that he dpesn't want to be with Oakland and wants to be delt away so they released him. I would say that he didn't like Cable and I have also heard that Cable is not liked by alot of the Failures and when that happens Al Davis will get rid of the coach or the player or both so since he just decided Cable is his guy he booted the player LOL. We should take a look but with all the LBs we have now who knows what Pioli will do.

LOL.LOL. He was cut because he cant do **** against the run. Strictly a pass rusher. We allready have pass rushers. The 3rd pick we cut a few years back was quentin Moses.. not groves. After he was cut, he went to miami and then shortly after no longer in the league.

And FYI the players Love Tom Cable. Many players have been quoted saying they'd "Take a Bullet" for him. Mr. Cable isnt going anywhere, he has the Oakland Raiders going in the right direction, with the entire team right behind him. I think Sulak could do something in a 3-4 as a situational pass rusher. Thats it.

Raiders4life
07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
a raider fan.... crap the ignorance is coming in now!! lol

Quentin Moses was a 3rd round pick, excellent pass rusher in college. Came to camp.. got cut. He amounted to nothing. Stryker Sulak.. good pass rusher.. nothing more. suited for 3-4... Oakland runs 4-3 and needs more of a base 4-3 End, we allready have pass rushers.

Ignorance? Tell that to the moron who said quentin groves, or the rest who are getting a hard on over stryker frickin sulak. but i guess he'd instantly be your best pass rusher, Farrr and awayy your best.

jmlamerson
07-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Quentin Moses was a 3rd round pick, excellent pass rusher in college. Came to camp.. got cut. He amounted to nothing. Stryker Sulak.. good pass rusher.. nothing more. suited for 3-4... Oakland runs 4-3 and needs more of a base 4-3 End, we allready have pass rushers.

Ignorance? Tell that to the moron who said quentin groves, or the rest who are getting a hard on over stryker frickin sulak. but i guess he'd instantly be your best pass rusher, Farrr and awayy your best.

I'm the moron who wrote Quentin Groves. Pardon me for not keeping up with the exacts of the Raiders wasted draft picks. If a player is cut pre-camp, then it was a stupid pick. Al Davis has been wasting draft picks for the past for the past decade, which is why the Raiders are the joke of the NFL.

However, I obviously can't be as smart as you, you genius fan of the Raiders you.

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 09:03 PM
No one here is ignorant or a moron, lets keep the thread civil and on topic please.

Raiders4life
07-31-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm the moron who wrote Quentin Groves. Pardon me for not keeping up with the exacts of the Raiders wasted draft picks. If a player is cut pre-camp, then it was a stupid pick. Al Davis has been wasting draft picks for the past for the past decade, which is why the Raiders are the joke of the NFL.

However, I obviously can't be as smart as you, you genius fan of the Raiders you.

Wasted picks? Those wasted picks got us to a Super Bowl THIS decade. 2 AFC Championship games.

Your picks have gotten you 1 division title this decade. And FYI i dont follow the chiefs, but if im gonna state something i look up facts. Darren McFadden sure had fun against your D.. 176 yards in 3 quarters. Stupid pick? Oh I guess.. lol

Three7s
07-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Wasted picks? Those wasted picks got us to a Super Bowl THIS decade. 2 AFC Championship games.

Your picks have gotten you 1 division title this decade. And FYI i dont follow the chiefs, but if im gonna state something i look up facts. Darren McFadden sure had fun against your D.. 176 yards in 3 quarters. Stupid pick? Oh I guess.. lol
You seem to forget, those picks were with Queen Carl at the helm. Now he's off in Miami somewhere. Oh and please tell me something new. Everyone could run on us last year, but you think your Raiders are studs because one of the many RBs we faced ripped through our "red carpet" defense?

I guess I should mention that as much as Queen Carl screwed things up around here, we've STILL been to a couple of playoff games since your Superbowl run. You still have yet to get rid of the plague of your organization, and until he croaks, you're gonna be in for some long seasons.

Raiders4life
08-01-2009, 01:48 AM
You seem to forget, those picks were with Queen Carl at the helm. Now he's off in Miami somewhere. Oh and please tell me something new. Everyone could run on us last year, but you think your Raiders are studs because one of the many RBs we faced ripped through our "red carpet" defense?

I guess I should mention that as much as Queen Carl screwed things up around here, we've STILL been to a couple of playoff games since your Superbowl run. You still have yet to get rid of the plague of your organization, and until he croaks, you're gonna be in for some long seasons.

One and done in the playoffs. Oakland was good the first part of this decade and still has more production than the chiefs. A Super Bowl bid you cant mess with. We were also screwed out of another AFC Championship Game in NE. That would have given us 3.. coulda shoulda woulda,. The Raiders have the chiefs beat easily there. But im Not going to bring up the past. Its the here and now.

And that "red carpet defense" of yours has only improved a bit. A rookie DE/Old linebackers (leadership yes) and some wonderboy DCord from the freakin Cardinals are going to help??? Okay, good luck with that. Did you forget that Arizona's D was a wretch all season long but they still had/have more talent than the chiefs D. Pendergast has nothing to work with. No rushers, no legit NT.. nothing. So that same Darren McFadden and Michael Bush have a veryy good chance of running alllll over that D again this year. Am i wrong?

We'll just see come week 2. I hope your run D is ready.. 9 in the box MIGHT help.. I hope you develop some sort of pass rush.. And i hope wonder boy "NE System" qb is ready too. You have no room to talk. Take a look in the mirror. Dont blame herm.. no past. Its today.

Sn@keIze
08-01-2009, 02:29 AM
No one here is ignorant or a moron, lets keep the thread civil and on topic please.Bull! Any Raider is ignorant or a moron.

However, I obviously can't be as smart as you, you genius fan of the Raiders you.Dam JM i love it when you use your knowledge against inbred ******s.

Your picks have gotten you 1 division title this decade. And FYI i dont follow the chiefs, but if im gonna state something i look up facts. Darren McFadden sure had fun against your D.. 176 yards in 3 quarters. Stupid pick? Oh I guess.. lolthat is embarrassingly bad against our former D. I couldve done that!

This D line was worse in NFL history. Im willing to admit that just as you are that Al Davis is a G dam joke who belongs in a nursing home.

Why dont you look up what real players have done (Carolina, Tennessee). against this defense. BTW, if you're so smart, why didnt you guys win our last game then you dumb darth vader lovin ***.

This is the first time we lost 2 n a season. Dont act like you have not done the same before.

One and done in the playoffs. Oakland was good the first part of this decade and still has more production than the chiefs. A Super Bowl bid you cant mess with. We were also screwed out of another AFC Championship Game in NE. That would have given us 3.. coulda shoulda woulda,. The Raiders have the chiefs beat easily there. But im Not going to bring up the past. Its the here and now.

And that "red carpet defense" of yours has only improved a bit. A rookie DE/Old linebackers (leadership yes) and some wonderboy DCord from the freakin Cardinals are going to help??? Okay, good luck with that. Did you forget that Arizona's D was a wretch all season long but they still had/have more talent than the chiefs D. Pendergast has nothing to work with. No rushers, no legit NT.. nothing. So that same Darren McFadden and Michael Bush have a veryy good chance of running alllll over that D again this year. Am i wrong?

We'll just see come week 2. I hope your run D is ready.. 9 in the box MIGHT help.. I hope you develop some sort of pass rush.. And i hope wonder boy "NE System" qb is ready too. You have no room to talk. Take a look in the mirror. Dont blame herm.. no past. Its today.
9 on our defensive squaed (not 11) would be fair againt your joke of a team.

All in all. Dont come in here talkin trash when Lamaar Hunt is the very reason your S&M team exist. As well as all the AFC teams you billygoat ******.

DT14PRIEST
08-01-2009, 02:30 AM

I dunno I'd have to say that Jamarcus Russel qualifies as a stupid pick as well. What's this 3 straight years he's shown up to training camp out of shape?

Heyward-Bey? Not going to take any shots at a rookie so I'll will this season out but you can't tell me that pick sat right with you and every other raider fan when it was announced. Especially considering how poor the WR draft class this year was.

We'll just see come week 2. I hope your run D is ready.. 9 in the box MIGHT help.. I hope you develop some sort of pass rush.. And i hope wonder boy "NE System" qb is ready too. You have no room to talk. Take a look in the mirror. Dont blame herm.. no past. Its today

True you can't really compare Chiefs post-season success to the Raiders, I'll give you that. But thats the past like you said and if you don't produce anything out of all those wins its still second best and almosts. And like they say: Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Can't really comment on the defense going into this year either. I think they'll show market improvement but thats just speculation consiering everythings being overhauled. Who knows what the f*** will happen now so I won't say you're wrong but I won't say you're right either.

I'd still take Cassel over Jamarcus Russel anyday of the week. I mean come on didn't Cable or someone say that Russel finally got it or was showing something this offseason and he shows up overweight and out of shape for what? The 3rd consecutive year? I'll take my chances with Cassel at least he's proven he know how to win in the NFL and knows what it means to be a leader and work hard for what he's earned.

Like you said (again) look in the mirror you have no room to talk while raider success may have been at its apex at the beginning of this decade they certainly haven't been this looming juggernaut you seem to be trying to get us to believe. Yea the Cheifs have set records in futility the past two season but the raiders have been doing it well over the past half a decade now. If thats what you want to laud over us then by all means do it. Last thing that I really care about is for the Chiefs to appeal to the Raiders definition of success or whatever it is they do in oakland.

And just try having Herm Edwards as a Coach. Just try it then you'll know exactly what a Chief's fan means when they talk about his 'era'.

Chiefster
08-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I got a warning apperently i have to be nice to other members even if he is a raider fan. Ill prob get suspended for this one here but here it goes... its not my fault most raiders fans are ex cons or mexicans and all the players cant play because Al davis is a moron and cant see talent if it hit him between his dusty old brows

:lol: Al Davis is not a member of this site, so he's fair game.

pbatrucker
08-01-2009, 12:06 PM
How can anyone come in here talking trash, when the team he is defending( the faders) has fewer wins over the last three years than the Lions. Unbelievable!!!

Raiders4life
08-01-2009, 12:31 PM
How can anyone come in here talking trash, when the team he is defending( the faders) has fewer wins over the last three years than the Lions. Unbelievable!!!

More overall wins than any other team in League History ring a bell?? How can you even ben in the presence of me when your team has been blowing my team off for its entire existance?? SBowl trophies, playoff wins, D-Titles.. we own it all over the squaws. And a lot of Raider fans are not cons or mexicans. Go hop on a plane and go ANYWHERE in the world, you'll find Raider fans. Go outside KC missouri and you wont find any ketchup and mustard anywhere. Quite a few of our nations soldiers are Raider Fans.. 80 of the unit is Raider Fans.. only 3 mexicans there and zero cons. Shuv it up your ***.

Matt Cassel's production goes out the window. You people just dont understand do you?! lol. KC is NOT NE. Not even close. You have nothing they had. "NE WEST" LOL LOL LOL, what a joke. He is like a rookie. JaMarcus Russell has won a game in a Raider uniform. McFadden ran for a Buck76 in 3 quarters with turf toe as a rookie... that says something. And even with 9 in the box i'd still bet we go for 200 on your sorry asses easy. And as far as im concerned that "worst D front in NFL history" is pretty much the damn same. A rookie isnt going to help you. Glenn Dorsey doesnt seem to be doing to hot now is he? Talk about being overweight, add in the fact that he's going to straight BLOW in a 3-4 and you wasted all that on him.. how bout Bowe? Heard hes outta shape.. actually i heard your ENTIRE "team" was out of shape. So YOU have zero room to talk.. you should all go burn your jerseys and hide in a closet. your one notch above the detroit lions and arizona cardinals.

And Herm Edwards was not that bad... your team just had very veryy little talent. thats a testiment to your front office as a whole. Even though Oakland has sucked its not because lack of talent.. thats the furthest thing. Its cohesivness, playing as a team, GOOD COACHING which we finally have in all fascets of our Team. You won the 2nd game last year because of a botched field goal play.. we were kicking your *** up and down the field the whole game, but yall came up with the W and i hand it too you. Week 2 your going to lose, thats all i am going to say. Maybe some of you will actually be there in person to see your team lose.. whatever, either way.

jmlamerson
08-01-2009, 01:47 PM
More overall wins than any other team in League History ring a bell?? How can you even ben in the presence of me when your team has been blowing my team off for its entire existance?? SBowl trophies, playoff wins, D-Titles.. we own it all over the squaws. And a lot of Raider fans are not cons or mexicans. Go hop on a plane and go ANYWHERE in the world, you'll find Raider fans. Go outside KC missouri and you wont find any ketchup and mustard anywhere. Quite a few of our nations soldiers are Raider Fans.. 80 of the unit is Raider Fans.. only 3 mexicans there and zero cons. Shuv it up your ***.

Matt Cassel's production goes out the window. You people just dont understand do you?! lol. KC is NOT NE. Not even close. You have nothing they had. "NE WEST" LOL LOL LOL, what a joke. He is like a rookie. JaMarcus Russell has won a game in a Raider uniform. McFadden ran for a Buck76 in 3 quarters with turf toe as a rookie... that says something. And even with 9 in the box i'd still bet we go for 200 on your sorry asses easy. And as far as im concerned that "worst D front in NFL history" is pretty much the damn same. A rookie isnt going to help you. Glenn Dorsey doesnt seem to be doing to hot now is he? Talk about being overweight, add in the fact that he's going to straight BLOW in a 3-4 and you wasted all that on him.. how bout Bowe? Heard hes outta shape.. actually i heard your ENTIRE "team" was out of shape. So YOU have zero room to talk.. you should all go burn your jerseys and hide in a closet. your one notch above the detroit lions and arizona cardinals.

And Herm Edwards was not that bad... your team just had very veryy little talent. thats a testiment to your front office as a whole. Even though Oakland has sucked its not because lack of talent.. thats the furthest thing. Its cohesivness, playing as a team, GOOD COACHING which we finally have in all fascets of our Team. You won the 2nd game last year because of a botched field goal play.. we were kicking your *** up and down the field the whole game, but yall came up with the W and i hand it too you. Week 2 your going to lose, thats all i am going to say. Maybe some of you will actually be there in person to see your team lose.. whatever, either way.

You gotta stop living in the past. The Raiders didn't get to the playoff games in the 2000s because of their drafts or because of Al Davis's savvy, except for his savvy getting Gruden. Gruden led a great group of free agents to the playoffs, and Callahan took Gruden's team to the SB. Al Davis murdered his team by trading Gruden (truly the stupidest personnel move of the 2000s) and by bad drafting.

The Raiders big problems this season are (1) a lousy QB; (2) a lousy OL, and (3) a lousy WR corps. Against even halfway good front sevens, when they can't run the ball 40 times a game, the Raiders are going to be destroyed. I see your team at 6-10, maybe 7-9. Which is about where the Chiefs will be this season. The difference between the Chiefs and the Raiders is that the Chiefs are laying the groundwork to be competitive in 2010 - the Raiders aren't. You don't have a long term answer at QB. Your WR corps is all speed but little talent. I like your LBs, but your DL is old and/or medicore. And your draft picks (Asomugha, Miller, and Morrison excepted) have been pretty awful these past five to six years.

You're not the only person to doubt Cassel. And I'm not going to pretend his 11-5 record wasn't at least in part due to his increbile WR corps. But he's a good, accurate QB who can throw the long ball when necessary. I think the closest compliment to him is Matt Hasselbeck. A guy who was an understudy for many years, and did well when placed in a similar system on a new team. Will Cassel be a HOFer? Probably not. Will he be good enough to win road playoff games? Yeah.

The Chiefs biggest weakness is that they're either very young or very old on the OL and front seven. Except for DJ, we don't have a player in his prime in any of the 11 spots. Will that change? Sure. Jackson, Albert, Magee, and Niswanger will mature. We'll draft NT, LB and OL pretty heavily (I think) in 2010. Vrabel, Thomas, Goff, Beisel, and Waters will be excellent stopgaps until 2010 or 2011.

And I'd respect your opinion more if you weren't tryng to pretend Herm f'n Edwards was anything but a disaster as HC. It's like saying Art Shell or Norv Turner would have been a great HC for the Raiders, if they had more talent on the team.

Raiders4life
08-01-2009, 02:09 PM
You gotta stop living in the past. The Raiders didn't get to the playoff games in the 2000s because of their drafts or because of Al Davis's savvy, except for his savvy getting Gruden. Gruden led a great group of free agents to the playoffs, and Callahan took Gruden's team to the SB. Al Davis murdered his team by trading Gruden (truly the stupidest personnel move of the 2000s) and by bad drafting.

The Raiders big problems this season are (1) a lousy QB; (2) a lousy OL, and (3) a lousy WR corps. Against even halfway good front sevens, when they can't run the ball 40 times a game, the Raiders are going to be destroyed. I see your team at 6-10, maybe 7-9. Which is about where the Chiefs will be this season. The difference between the Chiefs and the Raiders is that the Chiefs are laying the groundwork to be competitive in 2010 - the Raiders aren't. You don't have a long term answer at QB. Your WR corps is all speed but little talent. I like your LBs, but your DL is old and/or medicore. And your draft picks (Asomugha, Miller, and Morrison excepted) have been pretty awful these past five to six years.

You're not the only person to doubt Cassel. And I'm not going to pretend his 11-5 record wasn't at least in part due to his increbile WR corps. But he's a good, accurate QB who can throw the long ball when necessary. I think the closest compliment to him is Matt Hasselbeck. A guy who was an understudy for many years, and did well when placed in a similar system on a new team. Will Cassel be a HOFer? Probably not. Will he be good enough to win road playoff games? Yeah.

The Chiefs biggest weakness is that they're either very young or very old on the OL and front seven. Except for DJ, we don't have a player in his prime in any of the 11 spots. Will that change? Sure. Jackson, Albert, Magee, and Niswanger will mature. We'll draft NT, LB and OL pretty heavily (I think) in 2010. Vrabel, Thomas, Goff, Beisel, and Waters will be excellent stopgaps until 2010 or 2011.

And I'd respect your opinion more if you weren't tryng to pretend Herm f'n Edwards was anything but a disaster as HC. It's like saying Art Shell or Norv Turner would have been a great HC for the Raiders, if they had more talent on the team.

You cant blame it all on Herm Edwards. You have to blame the Organization. However, i understand how you feel.

The Raiders Offensive Line is one of the better Run blocking ones in the league. With Mario Henderson becoming the starter at Left Tackle and Khalif Barnes coming in at Right.. we'll be much better. I'd take our Receiving core over yours any day. Chaz Schilens, Johnie lee Higgins, Javon Walker, HeyBey and Zach Miller at Tight End. Not to mention Darren McFadden being a force as a pass catcher.

And the JaMarcus Russell comments.. Wow. lol. As a first year QB in Terrible circumstances he did very well. He's easily the most physically gifted QB in the NFL.. probably in NFL history. He's JUST NOW getting good coaching, Paul Hackett. Lane Kiffin destroyed his development his rookie year. Dont worry about JRuss, you just worry about what you got going at QB.

I'd also take our D-line over yours ANYYY day of the week and twice on sunday. We have these things called pass rushers.. you should try them out some time. Our 3rd strings are better pass rushers than your tops. And our Defense as a whole was coached terribly wrong since 04' with Rob Ryan. He was an idiot. John Marshall coming from Seattle will utilize them the way they're suppose to be, use their speed in blitzes, etc etc. We can lock anyone down on the outsides and bring the SS up. So we should improve. Never know though.

All those stopgap guys you named are scrubs. Vrabel, Thomas.. Goff.. Monty Beisel?!lol. You guys should get Terrance Cody next year. And some pass rushers would do wonders for the 3-4 your havin. I honestly think Oakland and KC are going to be the front runners of this division for years to come.

jmlamerson
08-01-2009, 02:42 PM
You cant blame it all on Herm Edwards. You have to blame the Organization. However, i understand how you feel.

The Raiders Offensive Line is one of the better Run blocking ones in the league. With Mario Henderson becoming the starter at Left Tackle and Khalif Barnes coming in at Right.. we'll be much better. I'd take our Receiving core over yours any day. Chaz Schilens, Johnie lee Higgins, Javon Walker, HeyBey and Zach Miller at Tight End. Not to mention Darren McFadden being a force as a pass catcher.

And the JaMarcus Russell comments.. Wow. lol. As a first year QB in Terrible circumstances he did very well. He's easily the most physically gifted QB in the NFL.. probably in NFL history. He's JUST NOW getting good coaching, Paul Hackett. Lane Kiffin destroyed his development his rookie year. Dont worry about JRuss, you just worry about what you got going at QB.

I'd also take our D-line over yours ANYYY day of the week and twice on sunday. We have these things called pass rushers.. you should try them out some time. Our 3rd strings are better pass rushers than your tops. And our Defense as a whole was coached terribly wrong since 04' with Rob Ryan. He was an idiot. John Marshall coming from Seattle will utilize them the way they're suppose to be, use their speed in blitzes, etc etc. We can lock anyone down on the outsides and bring the SS up. So we should improve. Never know though.

All those stopgap guys you named are scrubs. Vrabel, Thomas.. Goff.. Monty Beisel?!lol. You guys should get Terrance Cody next year. And some pass rushers would do wonders for the 3-4 your havin. I honestly think Oakland and KC are going to be the front runners of this division for years to come.

Since when are Vrabel and Thomas scrubs?! Past their prime? Sure. Scrubs, not a chance. They're two of the best LBs of the decade. And a guy who praises team that made the SB with Gannon, Romonowski, Brown, and Rice (combined age of about 250) shouldn't be discounting the value of vets with a couple years left in the tank.

Terrence Cody is the guy in the 2010 draft I want the most (right now, which is early to say the least). As almost every other 3-4 team but the Broncos has a NT of the future (and the Bronocs stupidly traded their 2010 1st rounder), I like our chances of getting him. As for pass rushers, we're going to be counting on Hali and Vrabel for much of our pass rush. Is that ideal? Nah. But we built this draft and offseason around stopping the run. Because a team that can't stop the run isn't winning anything.

I wasn't writing that the Chiefs players are as good as the Raiders now. I'm saying that we are building our trenches the best we can, and we have young building blocks at DE, LT, and C who should be fixtures of the team for the next decade. Can you say the same? I'll believe in Barnes and Henderson when I see it. Burgess, Warren, Kelly, Sands, Richardson, etc. aren't ever going to be a good DL. Ellis was a good pickup, but hardly a long term answer.

My point is that the Raiders will still be rebuilding three years from now. The Chiefs will be built and contending. If we get a NT, RT, and OLB in the 2010 offseason, either in FA or in the draft, it will be sooner for us. Both teams are going to be doing better than the Donks (who will be 1-15 in 2009), I'll easily grant that.

And as for JaMarcus Russell, he is not the most physically gifted QB in the NFL, not be a long shot. If we're talking pure athleticism, Vince Young and McNabb have him beat. If we're talking skills as a passer, 31 starting QBs have him beat.

Raiders4life
08-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Since when are Vrabel and Thomas scrubs?! Past their prime? Sure. Scrubs, not a chance. They're two of the best LBs of the decade. And a guy who praises team that made the SB with Gannon, Romonowski, Brown, and Rice (combined age of about 250) shouldn't be discounting the value of vets with a couple years left in the tank.

Terrence Cody is the guy in the 2010 draft I want the most (right now, which is early to say the least). As almost every other 3-4 team but the Broncos has a NT of the future (and the Bronocs stupidly traded their 2010 1st rounder), I like our chances of getting him. As for pass rushers, we're going to be counting on Hali and Vrabel for much of our pass rush. Is that ideal? Nah. But we built this draft and offseason around stopping the run. Because a team that can't stop the run isn't winning anything.

I wasn't writing that the Chiefs players are as good as the Raiders now. I'm saying that we are building our trenches the best we can, and we have young building blocks at DE, LT, and C who should be fixtures of the team for the next decade. Can you say the same? I'll believe in Barnes and Henderson when I see it. Burgess, Warren, Kelly, Sands, Richardson, etc. aren't ever going to be a good DL. Ellis was a good pickup, but hardly a long term answer.

My point is that the Raiders will still be rebuilding three years from now. The Chiefs will be built and contending. If we get a NT, RT, and OLB in the 2010 offseason, either in FA or in the draft, it will be sooner for us. Both teams are going to be doing better than the Donks (who will be 1-15 in 2009), I'll easily grant that.

And as for JaMarcus Russell, he is not the most physically gifted QB in the NFL, not be a long shot. If we're talking pure athleticism, Vince Young and McNabb have him beat. If we're talking skills as a passer, 31 starting QBs have him beat.

JaMarcus as a Quarterback.. most Physically Gifted QB the NFL has ever seen. Many NFL scouts including Mayock said that. I take it you havent seen the man play, you wouldnt be saying that. I dont care if you hate Oakland with a deep firey passion, to say JRuss isnt a Beast is a straight lie. Of course im talking straight Measurable skills.

Mario Henderson,Samson Satele, Trevor Scott LT,DE,C. Guys who have showed us production. Later round picks as well. And say what you want but our D-line is better than yours. We dont draft a fixture for a 4-3 then up and change to a 3-4 thus eliminating your #4 overall pick in glenn dorsey. He's going to get shuved around in the 3-4. But i think tyson jackson will ultimately do well for you guys.

Oakland has all the skill positions set Offensively and Defensively, along with a few pieces to the O&D lines. We can focus on that in the next few drafts and be set.
LT,LG,C,RG are all set, we'll see what Barnes can do on the Right side. D-line we have some young D-ends but we need a dominant NT in the middle of our line. If we would have gotten that this off-season we'd be a Top 10 D easy.

KC has holes all over. In a 3-4 you need many pass rushers. Hali and Vrabel are not gonna do it. Vrabel barely produced the last few years for NE, especially last year. Hali had one good year. You NEED a NT, you dont have one. You may get some pieces later on, but this year your going to struggle again. HOWEVER, in a few years yall could be a real good team, and i think Oakland will be up there too. Lookin for Oak n KC to dominate the afc for a long while.

Raiders4life
08-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Wait a min did u really just say the RAIDERS have more wins in league history than any other team.... HOLD THE DAMN PHONE!

The BEARS have the most wins in NFL history with 686! not the Taiders!

And KEEP IN MIND KC IS BEATING YOU IN THE REGULAR SEASON AND POST SEASON WIN/LOSS COLUMN WITH 51–44–2 AND 2-1 RESPECTIVELY! SO EAT IT RAIDER BOY!!!

We're talking afc/nfl days. not 1885, technically they were the "bears" back then. Individual wins dont matter squaw, 3 Super Bowl titles to your one. 15 Divison Titles to your 7. 43 playoff games and 25 wins to your 20 playoff games and 8 wins. Eat that ketchup n mustard boy

Raiders4life
08-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey your right you have won more in the postseason then we have... but do i need to drag out your winning percentage at arrowhead? do you really wanna see that...

I honestly dont care. I wouldnt care if we won Every game at your place. Bottom line is we have 2 more Super Bowl trophies than you, 8 more division titles, 23 more playoff appearances and 17 more playoff wins than you do. Not to mension many more Hall of Famers. You have the head to head edge because of oaklands 6 year slump. But i'd rather have the important things. The wins when it counts.

You can have your winning % at arrowhead, doesnt matter to me. the NFL isnt about "beat the raiders;beat the raiders at home". Its about getting to the playoffs and ultimately to the Super Bowl. KC sucks Oaklands D in every category of that. what else you got for me? something? anything? Throw it here, whatever you got i got something bigger to throw right back in your squaw faces.

Chiefster
08-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Well I see another thread that has run it's course.