PDA

View Full Version : I don't think my ankle will ever be 100% again.

honda522
07-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Awhile back I did something to my ankle and I went to a sports doctor. He thought the bones were out of place, if that makes sense, not out of play, but just not quite the right place.

He made several adjustments over a few weeks.And it felt good. I stopped treatment on it. Then today I was playing football for the first time, running hard and cutting back.

Now my ankle hurts again. I have to go all through that treatment again if I want to not feel pain. :(

Chiefster
07-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Rub some dirt in it! :D j/k.

That's the pitts man; hope you get to feeling better.

Vandelay
07-30-2009, 11:31 PM
That sucks.
I crushed my ankle and and the bottom couple of inches of my leg 5 years ago. My ankle hurts at the end of everyday, and I will walk with a limp for the rest of my life.

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 12:08 AM
That sucks.
I crushed my ankle and and the bottom couple of inches of my leg 5 years ago. My ankle hurts at the end of everyday, and I will walk with a limp for the rest of my life.

Wow! Dude that's terrible. I have severely sprained both ankles and I doubt they'll ever be 100%, but nothing like what you've done.

honda522
07-31-2009, 12:28 AM
That sucks.
Uh, how?

AussieChiefsFan
07-31-2009, 02:37 AM
Awhile back I did something to my ankle and I went to a sports doctor. He thought the bones were out of place, if that makes sense, not out of play, but just not quite the right place.

He made several adjustments over a few weeks.And it felt good. I stopped treatment on it. Then today I was playing football for the first time, running hard and cutting back.

Now my ankle hurts again. I have to go all through that treatment again if I want to not feel pain. :(
Hope your feelin beter soon!:bananen_smilies046:

honda522
07-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Get some Biofreeze for it. I know it sounds weird but men in the NFL use it and I use it and it works on pain good. It is a bit expensive but well worth the money. It is like using IcyHot but better. The stuff helps out with joint pain, I use it on my shoulder that is worn out from playing too much guitar and within 20 minutes it starts making the pain go away.
I have it, it works for a bit but its bone problems, not joints.

honda522
07-31-2009, 07:59 PM
i played my junior year with a pulled tendons in my foot and a broken arm SUCK IT UP! lolIts not just for a few months, its been hurting for over a year now.

honda522
07-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Have you tried using narcotics for it? Most dr will start you out low on like Codeine . Naproxen is good too but it isn't a narc it's a strong Ibeuprofine , I can't spell that damn word. Anyway try some Advil and or Aleve,
Eh, drugs aren't worth it. I will eventually go back to the chiropracter and have him adjust it. $40 a pop, I can't really afford it at this time.

I tell you tho, I need an xray or MRI.

Chiefster
07-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Have you tried using narcotics for it? Most dr will start you out low on like Codeine . Naproxen is good too but it isn't a narc it's a strong Ibeuprofine , I can't spell that damn word. Anyway try some Advil and or Aleve,

I have bad allergic reactions to Codeine. Naproxen does the trick for me.

DT14PRIEST
08-01-2009, 04:06 AM
Eh, drugs aren't worth it. I will eventually go back to the chiropracter and have him adjust it. $40 a pop, I can't really afford it at this time.

I tell you tho, I need an xray or MRI.

You probably need an MRI doesnt sound like bone trouble to me. Where exactly do you feel the pain? DOes it hurt when you walk or only when you do intense physical excersie/exertions?

honda522
08-01-2009, 10:51 AM
You probably need an MRI doesnt sound like bone trouble to me. Where exactly do you feel the pain? DOes it hurt when you walk or only when you do intense physical excersie/exertions?
Only when I walk. I stand alot at work and it puts alot of pressure on it. Yet, when I ride my bike I feel nothing.

honda522
08-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Xrays are costly and an MRI is about $1,000 so if you can't afford a $40 adjustment an MRI is way out there. It would show every detail of your situation though and they can decide what can be done without a doubt. The only prob is money as they will most likely want another MRI after awhile to see if any progress is made. Once a Dr starts having those done they want more of them. I have had quite a few done on my back and legs but the VA does mine. I will say that if any of you young guys are wondering if doing the military thing is worth the time and effort, YES it is worth everything you have to endure. What most recruiters don't tell you is if you finish with a honorable discharge you get some great benefits to help out in every day siuations . The best being the VA hospitls they have in every state. All military men and women that finish with a honorable discharge or medical discharge are qualified to get VA benefits that can range from 50% - 100% coverage of your bills you aquire from their facilities AND if you need things like an MRI or special medical services away from their hospitols they will pay for the service plus travel pay to and from the destination. So in short if you have thought about it, just do it you won't regret it. Of course don't forget the main reason for joining is to defend freedom and the constitution of the United States of America. Defending us and all of our interests on a global basis is most definately the most important reason to join.
Dam recruiters, can't even be on internet forums without being pressured. :mob::lol: