PDA

View Full Version : just curious has tyson jackson been signed yet

marloweopatchiefs
08-03-2009, 05:19 PM
i just moved and don't have internet and i don' t have tv just yet. I am actually just at work using the computer against my companies wishes. I haven't heard anything on him. Did the chiefs sign him yet and if so what draft picks have they not signed yet?

pbatrucker
08-03-2009, 05:23 PM
The only word that I hear is that he is close to signing. I hope it's real soon. He is going to needd all the reps he can get.

chiefan
08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
No, he hasn't signed yet. I always check KCChiefs.com and use Google as well.

wichitaj
08-03-2009, 05:38 PM
he wants overall #3 pick money, and the chiefs are being stingy.

pbatrucker
08-03-2009, 05:45 PM
The red zone at www.kansascity.com (http://www.kansascity.com) reports he will sign in the next 48 hrs. Of course that's The Star, but I hope they are correct.

BigTiki
08-03-2009, 08:28 PM
T.J. isn't holding out, it's K.C. that's waiting on Seattle to sign LB Aaron Curry. They could save considerable $$ depending on what $$ Curry signs for. Remember, Curry was ranked the #1 defensive player on the board. So, even though Tyson went before Curry doesn't mean Tyson will make more MOOLAA...

okikcfan
08-04-2009, 01:55 PM
T.J. isn't holding out, it's K.C. that's waiting on Seattle to sign LB Aaron Curry. They could save considerable $$ depending on what $$ Curry signs for. Remember, Curry was ranked the #1 defensive player on the board. So, even though Tyson went before Curry doesn't mean Tyson will make more MOOLAA...

You know this really rip's my butt when you pay a rookie a possible 55 mil over 5 years and he has not so much as stepped onto a Pro field as a Pro Player and is really unproven at this point. Why? :bananen_smilies083:

OPLookn
08-04-2009, 02:12 PM
You know this really rip's my butt when you pay a rookie a possible 55 mil over 5 years and he has not so much as stepped onto a Pro field as a Pro Player and is really unproven at this point. Why? :bananen_smilies083:

Because if everyone could lift what he does, running as fast as he does for as much as he weighs and do what he can do on a football field he'd be getting paid minimum wage or a bit more. It's kind of the catch 22 as well, we pay insane amounts of money for season tickets which in turn allows franchises to pay them that much money.

Bike
08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Sign the man and get him into camp.

Big Daddy Tek
08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
The big situation is the Sanchez deal at 5. The Jets paid him almost 15% more than last years number 5 pick. The agents for Curry and Jackson are saying that they want a certain % more than that deal because their clients were drafted higher, but the Chiefs and the Seahawks are saying NO, the only reason he was paid that is because he is a QB.

AkChief49
08-04-2009, 05:13 PM
The big situation is the Sanchez deal at 5. The Jets paid him almost 15% more than last years number 5 pick. The agents for Curry and Jackson are saying that they want a certain % more than that deal because their clients were drafted higher, but the Chiefs and the Seahawks are saying NO, the only reason he was paid that is because he is a QB.
jeez ,this part of it irritates me to no end! They need to get a rookie pay scale asap! It just keeps climbing every year. It will not be able to sustain the increases-who can afford to go to the games now? No one is holding the proverbial gun to their head to play the game. Any and all of them should be willing to put in a couple years to prove their worth. Then get what the market will bear. Arrrrrgggghh! I'm over it...sorta:lol:

chiefan
08-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I hate having a losing season. Not only is it bad, for the teams morale, but it is also bad in terms of the draft. If I am a GM, I would rather have a pick 11-32, than 1-10, no matter how bad my team is. The risk of losing that much money on a bust just far outweighs getting slightly better talent. We probably could have gotten Jackson somewhere at 11-17 anyways.