PDA

View Full Version : Starting Lineup

jap1
08-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Yeah, its only the 1st week of training camp, but I wonder what the current starting lineup looks like. From what I have heard, it seems like this is the current lineup:

QB: Cassell
WR: Bowe
WR2: Darling
WR3: Engram
RB: LJ
FB: Mike Cox
TE: Cottam (I)
LT: Albert
LG: Waters
C: Niswanger
RG: Goff
RT: McIntosh

LDE: Dorsey(I)
NT: Tyler/Edwards(I)?
RDE: Tyson Jackson?
LOLB: Vrabel
LILB: DJ
RILB: Thomas
ROLB: Hali
SS: Pollard
FS: Page

A couple matchups I would love to see played out are Brown vs Page at FS.

The battle for TE. Well see if Cottam can stay healthy.

If anyone has any better information/opinions on the starting lineup, it would be interesting to hear.

Chiefster
08-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Sounds plausible to me.

stricken721
08-04-2009, 01:09 AM
I like that starting lineup. :sign0098:

chiefan
08-04-2009, 01:54 AM
Edwards will play 2 downs as NT, and Tank will come in on third downs, if I am not mistaken. I really want to see Mark Bradley win the WR2 spot.

Three7s
08-04-2009, 01:59 AM
The only way Bradley loses to Darling for the WR spot is if he's injured.

brish
08-04-2009, 02:16 AM
If they are indeed working out Amani Toomer and D.J. Hackett, i wouldn't pick a number 2/3 receiver just yet.
Darling has the physical tools to be a good nr 2. But he has consistently underperformed.
However WR's are Haley's specialty, so we will see what he can get out of these people. :)

jmlamerson
08-04-2009, 02:16 AM
Opening day starting lineup (I think it will change by midseason).

QB: Cassel
WR2: Amani Toomer
FB: Mike Cox
TE: Cottam (probably)
RT: McIntosh

LDE: Dorsey
NT: Edwards
RDE: Tyson Jackson
FS: Mike Brown

chiefan
08-04-2009, 02:18 AM
^^ Mike Brown? I think Jarrad Page proved he was a top 10 safety last season. His stats are far better than some of the best safety's in the league.

pbatrucker
08-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Jackson is penciled in at LDE, which he played at LSU. Tank has looked good at NT so far, I see him and Edwards rotating and staying fresh. If they sign Toomer, he will probably be the number 2 WR.
I'm getting excited about this thing.. Haili has shown improvement in coverage and as a pass rusher. LJ is actually blocking. The team seems to be responding to Haley's style of coaching. Pioli is slowly filling in some of the weak spots as best as he can. We probably want be contenders, but I believe we will be competitive in most games.

Three7s
08-04-2009, 05:07 AM
^^ Mike Brown? I think Jarrad Page proved he was a top 10 safety last season. His stats are far better than some of the best safety's in the league.
Are you SERIOUS? Man, I can't wait to see JML's response to this one. If you've seen Mike Brown play, you'd know that he's one of the best Safeties around in coverage, he just gets injured a lot.

Page has got to be the worst tackler on last years team, and that's saying something.

honda522
08-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Cottam is hurt? First I have heard about it.

pbatrucker
08-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Cottom has a ankle injury.

DMN
08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Guys what about the Corners??? I assume Flowers is 1. But I am anxious to hear about Carr, legget or one of the free agents we bring in. Do we think Washington will be starting material this season?

Oh and props to lamerson going ahead and posting Toomer as our #2. Hahaha. good stuff. This signing would be great for us. I am so stoked for this season.

To prove my excitement I will leave it to these oranges getting down! Look at that choreography... perfect.

:orange: :orange: :orange:

jmlamerson
08-04-2009, 10:34 AM

As Three7s wrote, are you out of your mind?!?!?! Jarrad Page has one good quality - he is a ballhawk. But he is a lousy tackler and lousy in coverage because he tries too hard get the INT. Page might have been the worst starting FS in the NFL in 2008, and he was a massive reason why we ranked 28th against the pass last season, despite pretty decent CB play from Carr, Leggett, and Flowers.

20 better FS than Page in 2008:

Oshiomogho Atogwe
Antoine Bethea
Mike Brown
Ryan Clark
Erik Coleman
Nick Collins
Brian Dawkins
Charles Godfrey
Michael Griffin
Ken Hamlin
Rodney Harrison
LaRon Landry
Reggie Nelson
Ed Reed
Kenny Phillips
Kerry Rhodes
Darren Sharper
Eric Weddle
Eugene Wilson
Gibril Wilson

And I just ran out of names, and I'm sure the people I left out were better than Page. If we cut Page, he'd probably be out of the NFL. He might make it as a special teams/backup somewhere, but probably not. Jon f'n McGraw would be an upgrade over Page. Mike Brown sure as hell is.

jmlamerson
08-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Guys what about the Corners??? I assume Flowers is 1. But I am anxious to hear about Carr, legget or one of the free agents we bring in. Do we think Washington will be starting material this season?

Oh and props to lamerson going ahead and posting Toomer as our #2. Hahaha. good stuff. This signing would be great for us. I am so stoked for this season.

To prove my excitement I will leave it to these oranges getting down! Look at that choreography... perfect.

:orange: :orange: :orange:

I think we open the season with Flowers and Carr as the starters. Leggett is the nickel, and one of our FAs is the 4th CB.

I think we send Washington to the practice squad, and he'll be our nickel corner in 2010.

And if we sign Toomer (and I think we will) and he doesn't get injured (and I think he won't), then he has to be our 2WR. He's a durable, sure handed WR. We have sure handed WRs (Engram) and we have durable WRs (Bowe) but we don't have one who's both.

complexrealmz
08-04-2009, 11:46 AM
OFFENSE;

QB- Matt Cassel
RB- Larry Johnson
FB- Mike Cox
WR- Dwayne Bowe
WR- Mark Bradley
WR- Bobby Engram
TE- Brad Cottam
LT- Branden Albert
LG- Brian Waters
C- Rudy Niswanger
RG- Mike Goff
RT- Damion Mcintosh

DEFENSE;

LE- Alex Magee
NT- Tank Tyler
RE- Tyson Jackson
LOLB- Tamba Hali
ILB- Derrick Johnson
ILB- Zach Thomas
ROLB- Mike Vrabel
CB- Brandon Flowers
CB- Brandon Carr
CB- Maurice Leggett
FS- Mike Brown
SS- Jarrad Page

SPECIAL TEAMS;

K- Ryan Succop
P- Dustin Colquit
KR- Quentin Lawrence

Big Daddy Tek
08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
DE-Glenn Dorsey
NT- Tank Tyler
DE- Tyson Jackson
LOLB- Mike Vrabel
RILB- Derrick Johnson
LILB-Zach Thomas
ROLB- Tamba Hali
CB1- Brandon Flowers
CB2- Brandon Carr
Nickel- Maurice Leggett
FS- Jared Page
SS- Bernard Pollard (I think both safeties share time with Mike Brown rotationally)

QB- Matt Cassell
RB- Larry Johnson
FB- Mike Cox
WR1- Dwayne Bowe
WR2- Devard Darling
WR3- Bobby Engram
TE- Brad Cottam or Sean Ryan
LT- Brandon Albert
LG-Brian Waters
C-Rudy Niswanger
RG- Mike Goff
RT- Herb Taylor

I didnt put Amani Toomer on my list, because I think he would be a situational player, definitly not starter. I would like to have Bradley at #2 but Devard Darling was great during OTA's and has been in the starting lineup every day of training camp. Maybe Haley see's something.

As far as Safety goes, I havent seen Mike Brown crack the starting lineup yet and I dont think he will until Jared or Bernard lose their job during the season. Most people in the orginiztion like Jared Page alot more than most Chiefscrowd members.

I think we are pretty much set at CB but if Scott and Todd drafted Donald Washington, knowing the skill that we alrerady had, than they really must have liked him. In the NFL, 4 to 5 CB's is standard operating procedure. I think Donald suits up as our 4th man and gets playing time to show what he can do.

My only surprise pick is Herb Taylor at RT. I think he has shown improvement year by year. He was not bad when he got an oppurtunity last year. We have the same O-line coach, so he knows him. All together I think Sackintosh is a liability out there.

I think Tank starts at NT hands down. Dude is in the best shape of his life and showing it at camp. I see big Ron Edwards in on short running and goal line situations when we have more than 3 on the line.

Hayvern
08-05-2009, 12:16 AM
DE-Glenn Dorsey
NT- Tank Tyler
DE- Tyson Jackson
LOLB- Mike Vrabel
RILB- Derrick Johnson
LILB-Zach Thomas
ROLB- Tamba Hali
CB1- Brandon Flowers
CB2- Brandon Carr
Nickel- Maurice Leggett
FS- Jared Page
SS- Bernard Pollard (I think both safeties share time with Mike Brown rotationally)

QB- Matt Cassell
RB- Larry Johnson
FB- Mike Cox
WR1- Dwayne Bowe
WR2- Devard Darling
WR3- Bobby Engram
TE- Brad Cottam or Sean Ryan
LT- Brandon Albert
LG-Brian Waters
C-Rudy Niswanger
RG- Mike Goff
RT- Herb Taylor

I didnt put Amani Toomer on my list, because I think he would be a situational player, definitly not starter. I would like to have Bradley at #2 but Devard Darling was great during OTA's and has been in the starting lineup every day of training camp. Maybe Haley see's something.

As far as Safety goes, I havent seen Mike Brown crack the starting lineup yet and I dont think he will until Jared or Bernard lose their job during the season. Most people in the orginiztion like Jared Page alot more than most Chiefscrowd members.

I think we are pretty much set at CB but if Scott and Todd drafted Donald Washington, knowing the skill that we alrerady had, than they really must have liked him. In the NFL, 4 to 5 CB's is standard operating procedure. I think Donald suits up as our 4th man and gets playing time to show what he can do.

My only surprise pick is Herb Taylor at RT. I think he has shown improvement year by year. He was not bad when he got an oppurtunity last year. We have the same O-line coach, so he knows him. All together I think Sackintosh is a liability out there.

I think Tank starts at NT hands down. Dude is in the best shape of his life and showing it at camp. I see big Ron Edwards in on short running and goal line situations when we have more than 3 on the line.

The thing I like about this lineup is that SackIntosh is NOT in it. That guy had to be the worse at the beginning of last season and he was only marginal at the end of the season. More often than not he was standing there flagging the pass rushers on through. He needs to go.

Page is not all that much, he might come into his own this year and be the guy we all hope he could be. Pollard on the other hand, well I just cannot believe how many plays he was in on last season. I know a lot of it was because of our non-existant linebackers, but man, he simply rocked last season and I hope he really steps up even more this season. Pollard lead the team with tackles last season both combined and solo.

"Don't mess with my man Pollard!!!"

Chiefster
08-05-2009, 01:13 AM
OFFENSE;

QB- Matt Cassel
RB- Larry Johnson
FB- Mike Cox
WR- Dwayne Bowe
WR- Mark Bradley
WR- Bobby Engram
TE- Brad Cottam
LT- Branden Albert
LG- Brian Waters
C- Rudy Niswanger
RG- Mike Goff
RT- Damion Mcintosh

DEFENSE;

LE- Alex Magee
NT- Tank Tyler
RE- Tyson Jackson
LOLB- Tamba Hali
ILB- Derrick Johnson
ILB- Zach Thomas
ROLB- Mike Vrabel
CB- Brandon Flowers
CB- Brandon Carr
CB- Maurice Leggett
FS- Mike Brown
SS- Jarrad Page

SPECIAL TEAMS;

K- Ryan Succop
P- Dustin Colquit
KR- Quentin Lawrence

Welcome aboard! :)

jap1
08-05-2009, 01:54 AM
The thing I like about this lineup is that SackIntosh is NOT in it. That guy had to be the worse at the beginning of last season and he was only marginal at the end of the season. More often than not he was standing there flagging the pass rushers on through. He needs to go.

Page is not all that much, he might come into his own this year and be the guy we all hope he could be. Pollard on the other hand, well I just cannot believe how many plays he was in on last season. I know a lot of it was because of our non-existant linebackers, but man, he simply rocked last season and I hope he really steps up even more this season. Pollard lead the team with tackles last season both combined and solo.

"Don't mess with my man Pollard!!!"

Im not one of the McIntosh Haters. I think he is better than Herb Taylor was in the running game last year. Which I hope is what our focus is this year. Im hoping McIntosh losing weight will make him a little lighter on his feet.

Herb is probably better in the passing game. Id be all for him if he has been able to put on some muscle and hold his own in the running game.

pbatrucker
08-05-2009, 03:15 AM
Actually Soren Petro who is covering the Camp is predicting Herb Taylor will be the starting RT.

DT14PRIEST
08-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Actually Soren Petro who is covering the Camp is predicting Herb Taylor will be the starting RT.

I need to buy a herb taylor jersey then...

BTW is barry richardson still on the roster? or did he just sort of fall off the planet after we drafted him

pbatrucker
08-05-2009, 04:53 AM
I need to buy a herb taylor jersey then...

BTW is barry richardson still on the roster? or did he just sort of fall off the planet after we drafted him

Richardson is still around. He was filling in at guard while our starting guards where passing thier physicals. Will probally be a backup at guard and tackle.

Bike
08-05-2009, 05:12 AM
QB: Cassel
WR2: Toomer
FB: Cox
TE: Ryan
RT: Taylor

LDE: Magee
NT: Tyler
RDE: Jackson
FS: Brown
CB: Carr
CB: Flowers

brish
08-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Heh doubt Ryan at TE m8, didn't he just get cut to make room for Toomer and Redd?

chiefan
08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Are you SERIOUS? Man, I can't wait to see JML's response to this one. If you've seen Mike Brown play, you'd know that he's one of the best Safeties around in coverage, he just gets injured a lot.

Page has got to be the worst tackler on last years team, and that's saying something.

Pat Thomas says hi. Watch number 55:

Click Here: http://i34.tinypic.com/15qdu7a.gif

yashi
08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
how come everyone has Jackson at RDE and Dorsey at LDE? I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

complexrealmz
08-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Welcome aboard! :)

Thanks!

Pat Thomas says hi. Watch number 55:

Click Here: http://i34.tinypic.com/15qdu7a.gif

wow. i remember him gettin shook on several occasions as well, by QBS!!

how come everyone has Jackson at RDE and Dorsey at LDE? I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.

The right d end is the prime position, especially in the 34. Jackson is best suited for that position, I would be suprised if Dorsey starts at end,tho I would be happy if he does. I think Magee has a slight edge on Dorsey.

pbatrucker
08-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks!

wow. i remember him gettin shook on several occasions as well, by QBS!!

The right d end is the prime position, especially in the 34. Jackson is best suited for that position, I would be suprised if Dorsey starts at end,tho I would be happy if he does. I think Magee has a slight edge on Dorsey.

Jackson was at LDE all through OTA's. That is were he played at LSU and I believe he is projected to remain at LDE.

Hayvern
08-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Im not one of the McIntosh Haters. I think he is better than Herb Taylor was in the running game last year. Which I hope is what our focus is this year. Im hoping McIntosh losing weight will make him a little lighter on his feet.

Herb is probably better in the passing game. Id be all for him if he has been able to put on some muscle and hold his own in the running game.

I might be able to go along with you that he is a little better on the running game, but that is hardly saying much.

I have not seen anything from SackIntosh that makes me believe he should be a starter in the NFL. I certainly hope that they bust him in to shape this year though and if he does start, can at least fall down and trip a pass rusher once in a while.

I mean really, all you have to do is be an obstacle for a second or two.

jap1
08-06-2009, 12:29 AM
I might be able to go along with you that he is a little better on the running game, but that is hardly saying much.

I have not seen anything from SackIntosh that makes me believe he should be a starter in the NFL. I certainly hope that they bust him in to shape this year though and if he does start, can at least fall down and trip a pass rusher once in a while.

I mean really, all you have to do is be an obstacle for a second or two.

I disagree with that. Even a decent blocker should be more than just an obstacle, but should move the defender at least to the side, if not back into the LBs. McIntosh was able to drive people back at times. And he did have that double pancake block when Charles broke that big run against Miami last year.

Hayvern
08-06-2009, 02:46 AM
I disagree with that. Even a decent blocker should be more than just an obstacle, but should move the defender at least to the side, if not back into the LBs. McIntosh was able to drive people back at times. And he did have that double pancake block when Charles broke that big run against Miami last year.

Yeah, I know man, it was a joke, and apparently since I have to explain it, it was a bad joke.

Anyway, I agree a decnt blocker must be able to do what you say, but unfortunately, I do not know too many who are saying that MacIntosh is a decent blocker. For Sackintosh to be decent, I think he needs to be better than able to break a great run once in 2 years.

Three7s
08-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I know man, it was a joke, and apparently since I have to explain it, it was a bad joke.

Anyway, I agree a decnt blocker must be able to do what you say, but unfortunately, I do not know too many who are saying that MacIntosh is a decent blocker. For Sackintosh to be decent, I think he needs to be better than able to break a great run once in 2 years.
Actually, Sackintosh is a pretty decent run blocker. He's the one that opened up some holes for LJ against the Falcons, and the one that opened up the hole for LJs 60+ yarder against the Broncos.

His problem is he can't pass block, at all.

Bike
08-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Heh doubt Ryan at TE m8, didn't he just get cut to make room for Toomer and Redd?No. Ryan will start at tight end.

jmlamerson
08-08-2009, 07:35 PM
No ryan got cut he wont be starting anywere read up on ur info Ryan bye bye Toomer hello!

You're wrong. Ryan hasn't been cut. He's our 1TE right now with Cottam and O'Connell hurt. You're thinking of Curtis.

Chiefster
08-08-2009, 08:46 PM
i read the actual article on kcchiefs.com guess it was curtis.. I ADMIT IM WRONG! DAMN U THE DARN OF IT ALL!

:lol::lol::lol:

jap1
08-10-2009, 11:04 PM
So here is the first official depth chart, enjoy:

Bowe listed as third-team on depth chart | Red Zone (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/912)

Notice D-Bowe is not listed. He was booted to 3rd string. Im sure things will change a lot over time, as people get injured and others heal/show what they got/dont got.

Chiefster
08-10-2009, 11:07 PM
So here is the first official depth chart, enjoy:

Bowe listed as third-team on depth chart | Red Zone (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/912)

Notice D-Bowe is not listed. He was booted to 3rd string. Im sure things will change a lot over time, as people get injured and others heal/show what they got/dont got.

Offense
WR - Terrance Copper, Amani Toomer
LT - Branden Albert, Herb Taylor
LG - Brian Waters, Wade Smith
C - Rudy Niswanger, Eric Ghiaciuc
RG - Mike Goff, Tavares Washington
RT - Damion McIntosh, Barry Richardson
TE - Brad Cottam, Sean Ryan
WR - Devard Darling, Mark Bradley
QB - Matt Cassel, Brodie Croyle
FB - Mike Cox, Jed Collins
RB - Larry Johnson, Jackie Battle
Defense
LE - Alfonso Boone, Tyson Jackson
NT - Ron Edwards, Tank Tyler
RE - Glenn Dorsey, Wallace Gilberry
LOLB - Tamba Hali, Turk McBride
LILB - Derrick Johnson, Monty Beisel
RILB - Zach Thomas, Corey Mays
ROLB - Mike Vrabel, Andy Studebaker
LCB - Brandon Carr, Ricardo Colclough
RCB - Brandon Flowers, Maurice Leggett
SS - Bernard Pollard, Mike Brown
FS - Jarrad Page, Jon McGraw

jap1
08-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks, chiefster. I was too lazy to hit copy and paste.

Chiefster
08-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks, chiefster. I was too lazy to hit copy and paste.

:lol: No problem! nice to know that I'm good for something.

Big Daddy Tek
08-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Offense
WR - Terrance Copper, Amani Toomer
LT - Branden Albert, Herb Taylor
LG - Brian Waters, Wade Smith
C - Rudy Niswanger, Eric Ghiaciuc
RG - Mike Goff, Tavares Washington
RT - Damion McIntosh, Barry Richardson
TE - Brad Cottam, Sean Ryan
WR - Devard Darling, Mark Bradley
QB - Matt Cassel, Brodie Croyle
FB - Mike Cox, Jed Collins
RB - Larry Johnson, Jackie Battle
Defense
LE - Alfonso Boone, Tyson Jackson
NT - Ron Edwards, Tank Tyler
RE - Glenn Dorsey, Wallace Gilberry
LOLB - Tamba Hali, Turk McBride
LILB - Derrick Johnson, Monty Beisel
RILB - Zach Thomas, Corey Mays
ROLB - Mike Vrabel, Andy Studebaker
LCB - Brandon Carr, Ricardo Colclough
RCB - Brandon Flowers, Maurice Leggett
SS - Bernard Pollard, Mike Brown
FS - Jarrad Page, Jon McGraw

What a joke. Your not fooling anybody Todd. There is 4 guys listed higher than Alex Magee. Terrence Copper is starting at WR. Come on.

Chiefster
08-10-2009, 11:51 PM
What a joke. Your not fooling anybody Todd. There is 4 guys listed higher than Alex Magee. Terrence Copper is starting at WR. Come on.

This was at the bottom of the list.

Submitted by Adam Teicher on August 10, 2009 - 5:58pm.
login (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=user/login&destination=comment/reply/912%23comment_form) or register (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=user/register&destination=comment/reply/912%23comment_form) to post comments

DT14PRIEST
08-11-2009, 12:05 AM
dont forget Boone over our $30 million dollar man TJ; but its to be expected seeing as how Tyson has only been in camp for a handful of days.

needless to say no need for concern, its only the preseason

stricken721
08-11-2009, 12:07 AM
I think maybe Haley is starting some of these guys with the first team to see how well they would play as a starter. Why D-Bowe is that far down I don't get but hey.. Haley is the coach and I trust his decision. It's not like he's Herm.

Chiefster
08-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I think maybe Haley is starting some of these guys with the first team to see how well they would play as a starter. Why D-Bowe is that far down I don't get but hey.. Haley is the coach and I trust his decision. It's not like he's Herm.

Yeah, we're talkin: opposite ends of the spectrum here.

jmlamerson
08-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Interesting stuff. I don't see us actually starting the season like this, but it's got to be lighting a fire under a bunch of guys.

Chiefster
08-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Interesting stuff. I don't see us actually starting the season like this, but it's got to be lighting a fire under a bunch of guys.

One certainly would think so.