PDA

View Full Version : Toomer signs

pbatrucker
08-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Soren Petro reported on 810 radio that Amani Toomer has been signed by the Chiefs.

AkChief49
08-04-2009, 02:22 PM
a better option than Hackett IMO

josh1971
08-04-2009, 02:34 PM
I think this is a great move. Now with Bowe, Ingram, Toomer, and Bradley (If he can stay healthy), I like our receiving corps.

Vanilla Garilla
08-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I think this is a great move. Now with Bowe, Ingram, Toomer, and Bradley (If he can stay healthy), I like our receiving corps.

Me too! we have a nice lil receiving corp. Cant wait to see it in action. And they say Cassel isn't going to have many options, HA! just wait and see haters.:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
08-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Not too bad, though I will say we have the slowest WRs in the league. :D

josh1971
08-04-2009, 02:47 PM
And we'll also have LJ, who has done a few good things from the backfield in his career. Jamaal Charles could be a dangerous receiver. Now if Cottam adds another target, Cassell will be very happy.

honda522
08-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Sweet.

complexrealmz
08-04-2009, 03:48 PM
GREAT NEWS

pbatrucker
08-04-2009, 03:52 PM
And we'll also have LJ, who has done a few good things from the backfield in his career. Jamaal Charles could be a dangerous receiver. Now if Cottam adds another target, Cassell will be very happy.

Cottam was having problems catching the ball before he hurt his ankle, he might not even be a starter.

slimdagreat
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Great move

honda522
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Cottam was having problems catching the ball before he hurt his ankle, he might not even be a starter.
i still ask how and when Cottam got hurt.

Big Daddy Tek
08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Looks like Haley got tired of the dropped balls in training camp.

You know if a former WR coach like Haley added another WR during training camp then he didnt like what he was seeing.

AkChief49
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Looks like Haley got tired of the dropped balls in training camp.

You know if a former WR coach like Haley added another WR during training camp then he didnt like what he was seeing.
anything to get these guys to focus.

jmlamerson

Like every pick made by Herm, Cottam has the same disease as Samuel L. Jackson in Unbreakable. A stiff wind will break something in him.

hometeam
good pickup. hands/mentoring is something we need.

jmlamerson
08-04-2009, 04:19 PM
And Toomer is a terrific pickup. Our WRs will be slow, sure. But look at the Pats and Steelers. They didn't win any championships with speedsters. Smart, tough WRs that have good hands and run routes are worth more than all the Will Franklin's of the world.

Big Daddy Tek
08-04-2009, 04:21 PM
And Toomer is a terrific pickup. Our WRs will be slow, sure. But look at the Pats and Steelers. They didn't win any championships with speedsters. Smart, tough WRs that have good hands and run routes are worth more than all the Will Franklin's of the world.

Santonio holmes and Randy Moss. But I get your point.

AkChief49
08-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Absolutely! Give me 10 Hines Wards any day!:D

rustfan76
08-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I like this pick-up, maybe him and Bobby Engram can teach Bowe a little discipline and better work ethic.

pbatrucker
08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
He hurt his ankle during one of the morning sessions, can't tell you exactly whick drill.

Bike
08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm tired of these oft-injured Hermaroids.

honda522
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Like every pick made by Herm, Cottam has the same disease as Samuel L. Jackson in Unbreakable. A stiff wind will break something in him.
I still believe that Herm sucked as a coach, but he did bring in good talent. But his downfall was being soft. Where was the conditioning at?

jmlamerson
08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
I still believe that Herm sucked as a coach, but he did bring in good talent. But his downfall was being soft. Where was the conditioning at?

I don't want to urn the thread into Herm-bashing, but Herm drafted (IMO) only five guys who will be long term fixtures of the team - Pollard, Flowers, Carr, Albert, and Bowe (who he didn't want to draft, CP made him). I think people are caught up with the purported potential of everyone else and forget that they've been mostly disasters on the field.

chiefan
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
What do you mean Herm sucked as a coach, but brought in good talent? His job, as a HEAD COACH, is to COACH, and train, and condition our players. He failed to do that. Miserably. He got to caught up in the idea of being a GM, and got way to excited over the draft, and thought that in order to rebuild, we had to lose all veterans. No, the best way to rebuild is to start the veterans, and let the young guys learn, play 3rd downs, get more time with starters in practice, etc, and let them go out there when they are ready. God, I just hate Herm for ruining our team for 3 years. He is the worst X's and O's coach in the history of the NFL, the worst ever at clock management, and the worst ever at making game day adjustments. Let's just say I am glad we have a coach who is actually involved in coaching.

honda522
08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
What do you mean Herm sucked as a coach, but brought in good talent? His job, as a HEAD COACH, is to COACH, and train, and condition our players. He failed to do that. Miserably. He got to caught up in the idea of being a GM, and got way to excited over the draft, and thought that in order to rebuild, we had to lose all veterans. No, the best way to rebuild is to start the veterans, and let the young guys learn, play 3rd downs, get more time with starters in practice, etc, and let them go out there when they are ready. God, I just hate Herm for ruining our team for 3 years. He is the worst X's and O's coach in the history of the NFL, the worst ever at clock management, and the worst ever at making game day adjustments. Let's just say I am glad we have a coach who is actually involved in coaching.
Dude, I probably hate Herm the worm more than anyone else in the world. But he did bring in a few good players.

yashi
08-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Let me be the first to say... IT'S NOT A TOOMER!!!

honda522
08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Oh it is. :lol::lol:

IlovetheChiefs
08-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Looks like it's unanimous among us on being glad with this new acquisition. Amani Toomer is a good player. This is really good adding both him and Engram to help offset the big loss of TG.

DT14PRIEST
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Santonio holmes and Randy Moss. But I get your point.

Less Santonio Holmes more Moss. Pats haven't won the big dance with Moss yet. Not saying they won't but just clarifying.

Anyway; great signing and I echo the point. Possession recievers and dependable ball hawks are exactly what the Chiefs are hurting for at WR. Aside from Bowe and our aging slot man Engram we didn't really have anyone worth mentioning at least as a #2. Toomer's presence alone is worth its weight in gold for our motley crew of recivers.

Also a continuing example of Pioli's acumen by not emptying the bank ala Carl Pete. when bringing in these quality veterans.

Chiefster
08-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Good deal!

Chiefster
08-04-2009, 08:47 PM

It could be a toomer!

LargoChief
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Awesome, not too expensive so he can still grab another player or two.

pbatrucker
08-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Good pick up "Don" Pioli, but if you relly want me to kiss your ring, sign Jackson, trade for Wilfork and find a RT.

PawnshopMarimba
08-05-2009, 03:08 AM
I'm very very very pleased with this pick up.

Between Bowe, Toomer, Bradley, and Engram, Cassell's (Or Thiggy.. sorry, I'm still hoping there will be a real competition) going to have some options out of the pocket. The Gonzales trade doesn't seem so bad, all of a sudden, especially when you consider all the good reports that Brad Cottam has already gotten in camp.

Way to go Pioli.

Sn@keIze
08-05-2009, 03:26 AM
I don't want to urn the thread into Herm-bashing, but Herm drafted (IMO) only five guys who will be long term fixtures of the team - Pollard, Flowers, Carr, Albert, and Bowe (who he didn't want to draft, CP made him). I think people are caught up with the purported potential of everyone else and forget that they've been mostly disasters on the field.The Coach (whos name i will not speak),IMO, gave us an elite 2ndary. Thats it. (I even dare to say its better than the Titans 2ndary). But that is what 'this Coach' was, a DB.

Looks like it's unanimous among us on being glad with this new acquisition. Amani Toomer is a good player. This is really good adding both him and Engram to help offset the big loss of TG.Some awesome veteranship and know-how.

I dont think its quite enough to offset loss of TG. TG is the type of guy Cassell like. A safety net reciever.

I'm very very very pleased with this pick up.

Between Bowe, Toomer, Bradley, and Engram, Cassell's (Or Thiggy.. sorry, I'm still hoping there will be a real competition) going to have some options out of the pocket. The Gonzales trade doesn't seem so bad, all of a sudden, especially when you consider all the good reports that Brad Cottam has already gotten in camp.

Way to go Pioli.You better give up hope right now bro. Id hate to break it to you.

$$ says Cassell is starting.

But im not going to be so conclusive as to say Cassell is better tho.

Bike
08-05-2009, 03:34 AM
I could see Cottam being traded or released. Another Hermaroid thats not on the field.

hermhater
08-05-2009, 03:52 AM
What's the problem with Cottam?

Bike
08-05-2009, 04:14 AM
What's the problem with Cottam?
Haley comes from the Parcels school of football - where if you're injured, you're not contributing. Parcels really didn't like injured players. Haley won't either. Good players stay injury-free by keeping in shape and playing heady football. How many games (or practices) did you see TG miss?
I'm just sayin' Cottam has little NFL game experience, has been dropping balls in ota's, is a herm pick, and is injured. He might want to consider gettin' his a$$ in gear....

DT14PRIEST
08-05-2009, 04:27 AM
Cottam has a history of injury as well going back into college so I think he has less leeway with our new coaching staff/front office seeing as how they weren't the ones to draft him in the first place. So unless these players (Dorsey, Cottam, Croyle, whoever else) don't start hitting the practice field with some consistency I think we could see some familiar names on the chopping block in the future.