PDA

View Full Version : Fullback.

honda522
08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Is Mike Cox the real answer?

If anyone really wants LJ to be more successful, they we need a T-Rich kind of guy.

Is there any F/A FB worth signing?

Chiefster
08-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I miss T-Rich.

yashi
08-04-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't expect us to use a fullback that much in Haley's offense. With that being said, our RBs did average 4.5 and 5.3 yards per carry respectively, so I think he is a pretty good blocker.

honda522
08-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't expect us to use a fullback that much in Haley's offense. With that being said, our RBs did average 4.5 and 5.3 yards per carry respectively, so I think he is a pretty good blocker.
Maybe, but we don't know what he really has plans for.

Hayvern
08-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I liked what little I saw out of Cox last year. I think he is a better blocker than a runner personally, we just did not use him much last year.

I will say this, if LJ is not going to block on passing downs, then we need to have someone who can. Unfortunately using Cox repeatedly in that situation televises exactly the play we are going to call unless he is a threat to actually run once in a while.

pbatrucker
08-04-2009, 11:50 PM
I liked what little I saw out of Cox last year. I think he is a better blocker than a runner personally, we just did not use him much last year.

I will say this, if LJ is not going to block on passing downs, then we need to have someone who can. Unfortunately using Cox repeatedly in that situation televises exactly the play we are going to call unless he is a threat to actually run once in a while.

Reports from camp is Lj is working hard on blocking and doing well. Haley has stated " if you don;t block you won;t play" and he was refering to Rb's pass blocking.

Hayvern
08-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Reports from camp is Lj is working hard on blocking and doing well. Haley has stated " if you don;t block you won;t play" and he was refering to Rb's pass blocking.

Awesome, then chalk that one up for a mark to the positive for Haley. He is still somewhere near the middle with me, but that is good to see. I am starting to like him a little more even though I still have a little trepidation about him in general.

chiefan
08-05-2009, 12:27 AM
No option out there is better than Mike Cox. I hope all Cox is used for is blocking. I'm off to bed.

-chiefan

Chiefster
08-05-2009, 01:11 AM
Awesome, then chalk that one up for a mark to the positive for Haley. He is still somewhere near the middle with me, but that is good to see. I am starting to like him a little more even though I still have a little trepidation about him in general.

Well said!

yashi
08-05-2009, 09:26 AM

I like this. A lot.

brish
08-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Doesn't Cox have decent hands aswell? I think i read that somewhere. :)
Im officially on the Haley wagon! He's just what this team needed!

Hayvern
08-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Doesn't Cox have decent hands aswell? I think i read that somewhere. :)
Im officially on the Haley wagon! He's just what this team needed!

I like how he is running the team from a philosophy, but I am worried about him from a coaching aspect. He might have very well been an awesome Offensive Coordinator, but it is still a question whether he is an awesome head coach.

Then there is his pick for Defensive Coordinators. Face it gang, but Arizona was not that good on defense last season. I am not too happy with the choice that brought Pendergast to the Chiefs.

If Haley has the smarts to do as he said he was going to and let Chan Gailey run the offense, then maybe this could be good. If Haley can restore the hard work ethic that Squimin Herman did not seem to have, that can only make this team better.

I am really excited to see what they can do!

honda522
08-06-2009, 12:24 AM
I like how he is running the team from a philosophy, but I am worried about him from a coaching aspect. He might have very well been an awesome Offensive Coordinator, but it is still a question whether he is an awesome head coach.

Then there is his pick for Defensive Coordinators. Face it gang, but Arizona was not that good on defense last season. I am not too happy with the choice that brought Pendergast to the Chiefs.

If Haley has the smarts to do as he said he was going to and let Chan Gailey run the offense, then maybe this could be good. If Haley can restore the hard work ethic that Squimin Herman did not seem to have, that can only make this team better.

Well if I remember correctly, they had 3 times more sacks than we did, and put alot of pressure on QB.

Argo
08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
T-Rich was awesome, but he also had one of the best o-lines infront of him , that helps.

Cox is decent and if we can get our front 5 to block their man, LJ will shine again.

honda522
08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
T-Rich was awesome, but he also had one of the best o-lines infront of him , that helps.

Cox is decent and if we can get our front 5 to block their man, LJ will shine again.
Nah, T-Rich was the man. One of the best FB's probably ever.

pbatrucker
08-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Cox is a good fullback and when we had two TE's hurt in camp he was used at the TE position. SO yes he can catch the ball also.

PawnshopMarimba
08-08-2009, 04:35 AM
What's Barry Word up to these days? :-D

CapitalT
08-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Nah, T-Rich was the man. One of the best FB's probably ever.
Cox will do fine.

As far as great Chief's Fullbacks in the recent past, I think Kimball Anders would be my pick. Of course, Ed Podolak was the king.

Chief Tyler
08-08-2009, 04:43 PM

We'll have to wait and see about Pendergast. A coordinator can only be as successful as the players and the rest of the coaching staff around him allow him to be. Before he arrived in Arizona though, the Cardinals had one of the worst defenses in the league year after year for almost a decade (possibly longer? I wouldn't be able to remember it though). His defenses were never anything special over the last few years, but Arizona never had many defensive standouts, but he managed to keep them in the top 3rd of the league as far as team defense, at worst they were middle of the road, and with the personel on this team we need an innovator like him.

CapitalT
08-08-2009, 09:15 PM
he cant be worse than cunningham who severly tanked out defense his last time around
I would definitely agree with that Church! I'll never understand why Detroit picked him up after last season.

Hayvern
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
he cant be worse than cunningham who severly tanked out defense his last time around

While I don't believe he will be worse, it is certainly possible that he COULD be worse. I remember people saying that Herm Edwards could not be worse than Vermiel... ummmm I rest my case your honor.