PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Pollard Almost Starts an "Massive Brawl" at Training Camp!

Big Daddy Tek
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Pollard sounds off

Safety Bernard Pollard is never shy about talking some trash whether it's in the locker room or on the practice field. But Pollard was in rare form toward the end of this morning's practice session.
He had at least half of the offensive players coming after him because of his caustic comments during a short-yardage drill. A mass brawl may have been avoided only when Todd Haley threatened to send everyone on a run.
Pollard wasn't finished. After practice, with all of the players stretching, Pollard continued and Haley again stepped in, twice telling Pollard to stretch more and talk less.
"I hadn't heard much from Bernard until today," Haley said. "I definitely heard him today."

Submitted by Adam Teicher of The Kansas City Star August 5, 2009 - 10:57am.

Hahahaha I like it! We need this!

Three7s
08-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Since when is it good that a guy nearly starts a brawl with his own team?

Chiefster
08-05-2009, 10:19 PM

I agree, Pollard needs to shut his trap.

Big Daddy Tek
08-05-2009, 10:20 PM

When your defense is the worst sacking defense in NFL history and they have shown that they really dont care. When intensity was a thing of the past and leaders were no where to be found. Thats when it is good 7's!

Chiefster
08-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah, it might be a motivator; I'm just not sure it does a lot for team unity or moral. JMO

honda522
08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Save it for a DONK!

Right on Haley! Players now fear him. He is going to be a great coach IMO.

Chiefster
08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Save it for a DONK!

Eggsactly! :bananen_smilies046:

honda522
08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Well, it is a good thing that Pollard has an attitude that makes him pumped up and ready to go at all times but, I think it would be better if he were to save it for the Texans.
Texans, what have the done?

Aren't they a pre season game?

Why not save it for Eli or Ben Rothliesburger?

DT14PRIEST
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Save it for a DONK!

I wouldnt want them to fear Haley but rather respect him as a coach. But then a good dose of fear always goes along with respecct so yea.

But yea trash talking is apart of all team sports. Even in practice. I dont read to much into it just the ever present tension that is always there when you have an offense vs a defense in a team sport.

honda522
08-05-2009, 10:51 PM
I wouldnt want them to fear Haley but rather respect him as a coach. But then a good dose of fear always goes along with respecct so yea.

But yea trash talking is apart of all team sports. Even in practice. I dont read to much into it just the ever present tension that is always there when you have an offense vs a defense in a team sport.
Fear in them is discipline. Discipline is good team. And a good team means SUPERBOWL!!!:D:D

Hayvern
08-05-2009, 11:27 PM

Honestly, I don't think Haley was much into trying to stop him. Haley could have ended the problem easily before the second time. I think he likes the intensity and is only slightly moderating the action... Sort of like Chiefster!!!

(by the way, meant as a compliment Chiefster!)

Three7s
08-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Honestly, I don't think Haley was much into trying to stop him. Haley could have ended the problem easily before the second time. I think he likes the intensity and is only slightly moderating the action... Sort of like Chiefster!!!

He's not bad at it for an old man in a wheelchair! :wheelchair:

AussieChiefsFan
08-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Pollard sounds off

Safety Bernard Pollard is never shy about talking some trash whether it's in the locker room or on the practice field. But Pollard was in rare form toward the end of this morning's practice session.
He had at least half of the offensive players coming after him because of his caustic comments during a short-yardage drill. A mass brawl may have been avoided only when Todd Haley threatened to send everyone on a run.
Pollard wasn't finished. After practice, with all of the players stretching, Pollard continued and Haley again stepped in, twice telling Pollard to stretch more and talk less.
"I hadn't heard much from Bernard until today," Haley said. "I definitely heard him today."

Submitted by Adam Teicher of The Kansas City Star August 5, 2009 - 10:57am.

Hahahaha I like it! We need this!
Nice job Todd.

CKENN19
08-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Team unity? Come on... these guys have been playing against each other (EACH OTHER). Offense Vs. Defense. They are the motivating factors for each other. The fact that Pollard is talking some smack toward the offense is COMPLETELY NORMAL. Maybe those wussies needed somebody to tell em' that their playing like wussies.

I find it promising that Pollard and maybe more of the Chiefs are feeling passionate about winning and getting better, and hopefully he'll bring that same passion when he actually gets to square off against somebody who isn't a fellow Chief.

brish
08-06-2009, 10:40 AM
I find it promising that Pollard and maybe more of the Chiefs are feeling passionate about winning and getting better, and hopefully he'll bring that same passion when he actually gets to square off against somebody who isn't a fellow Chief.

He was about the only one showing a little passion last year, so I like him for that. As long as they don't start breaking each others bone's (Steve Smith? :D) then it's ok with a little healthy smacktalk. :)

It won't get out of hand, Haley will see to that.
I can't say enough how I like Haley's coaching style, im just waiting for some of the vets to start whining.. It will happen at some point, until they start getting results.

Hayvern
08-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Team unity? Come on... these guys have been playing against each other (EACH OTHER). Offense Vs. Defense. They are the motivating factors for each other. The fact that Pollard is talking some smack toward the offense is COMPLETELY NORMAL. Maybe those wussies needed somebody to tell em' that their playing like wussies.

Well said

I think that is exactly why Haley did not say anymore than he did. He wants that passion on the team. He half-heartedly said something to the effect of "less-talking - more stretching" but he really did not want to curtail that emotion.

I like it that Pollard shakes things up a little bit, and maybe a little internal brawl is needed to make these guys alive.

And besides, when do we expect that Pollard is going to be able to learn to smack talk? I think we all agree that we want him to be able to rattle the offenses of other teams, there is as much work and practice to be done to smack talk as there is to learn how to fall back in pass coverage.

Let's just say that today he got it right!!!

Chiefster
08-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Thank you! That's how I took it. :D

I think we all try to take a less is more approach.

Chiefster
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
He's not bad at it for an old man in a wheelchair! :wheelchair:

I represent that remark! :11: