PDA

View Full Version : Is G.I. Joes movie going to suck or be more for kids

doobs_05
08-06-2009, 03:46 AM
I want it to be good, but i have this big feeling that its going to suck. they are not letting critics preview it which usually means it sucks

Chiefster
08-06-2009, 03:57 AM
Hard to tell.

AussieChiefsFan
08-06-2009, 03:59 AM
I want it to be good, but i have this big feeling that its going to suck. they are not letting critics preview it which usually means it sucks
Same here. They won't let the critics review it, wow.

doobs_05
08-06-2009, 04:12 AM
There is a reason they waited until after the bulk of the Summer movies has already been released. Usually it means they don't want it to have competition from other films that are prolly better. The ads look like the action is great and the graphics are just as good but, the plot will have either a kids touch or just be boring and predictable. I hope it's a great flick but I have a feeling ity won't be as good as advertised.

i think its hard to make a comic book, cartoon, video game movie anymore after the dark knight.

doobs_05
08-06-2009, 04:27 AM
They have the ninja ones....i forgot their name but they were my fav. GI Joes

Chiefster
08-06-2009, 02:27 PM
i think its hard to make a comic book, cartoon, video game movie anymore after the dark knight.

That was awesome IMO. Once again the joker made the movie.

doobs_05
08-07-2009, 03:34 AM
That was awesome IMO. Once again the joker made the movie.

Heath did a great job as the joker couldn't even tell it was him

Chiefster
08-08-2009, 02:08 AM
Heath did a great job as the joker couldn't even tell it was him

I know; usually when an actor plays a part that takes him away from his usual appearance then at least the voice gives them away. However, it didn't even sound like him. I saw him smile one time where you could see that it was actually him, and that was after he said: "I believe that what doesn't kill you only makes you stranger."

DT14PRIEST
08-08-2009, 04:16 AM
the movie was as bad as I thought it was going to be; would appeal to a younger crowd with its very base premise.

- shallow plot (if there even was a plot)
- bad acting
- mind numbing action
- ninjas
- forced love story
- all CG/digital very few real time shots

it was entertaining but not a good movie. even some of the CG scenes were pretty terrible. definitely targeted towards the preteen-young teen demograph (12-18).

waiting for district 9 to come out.