PDA

View Full Version : Vick to possibly back up Cassel??????

Drunker Hillbilly
08-07-2009, 11:29 AM
NFL Rumors: Vick to possibly back up Cassel (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors) http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/08/51.jpg

This is on the front page of ESPN.com. I don't have the Insider so I can't read what is says.

stricken721
08-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't have it either. But man I hope Vick doesn't come to KC.

DMN
08-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I saw that too... then i threw up in my mouth a little. I guess lets just see if it leaves the whole "insider" thing. That forum is premised strictly on rumors.

:sadbanana:

jmlamerson
08-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah, this isn't happening.

yashi
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
The Titans, Ravens and Chiefs might be the only teams interested in signing Michael Vick. That's what ESPN's John Clayton said on ESPN Radio's Brock and Salk when pressed about NFL teams' interest in the troubled quarterback.

There was no mention of the Packers or Patriots, which is contrary to prior reports. The Packers have had "legitimate discussions" of signing Michael Vick, sources told the Wisconsin State Journal. But GM Ted Thompson hardly made it seem like they were this interested when he said he was open to the possibility.

Also, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said he'd be open to the possibility of bringing in Vick, although Pats owner Robert Kraft said he has no interest.

jmlamerson
08-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Titans aren't picking up Vick. They already have one scrambling headcase QB on the roster.

Ravens aren't picking up Vick. They aren't screwing with their presumed QBOTF's head.

Chiefs aren't picking up Vick. They are trying to build blue collar team chemistry. Vick isn't going to help that.

Clayton's an idiot.

Vanilla Garilla
08-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Guys if we get Vick think of all the trick plays we can run with him as an RB! You guys are being to simple minded, having a talent such as Vick would open up our playbook tremendously. I wouldnt care if he never started one down at QB, but i want to run the wildcat and several other trick plays with him as an rb.

yashi
08-07-2009, 12:13 PM
The only thing that remotely interests me is maybe 5 plays out of the wildcat a game... but that's mostly just the Madden player in me speaking.

Vanilla Garilla
08-07-2009, 12:21 PM
The only thing that remotely interests me is maybe 5 plays out of the wildcat a game... but that's mostly just the Madden player in me speaking.

LOL, same here. If hes a free agent when madden comes out he will be replacing Brodie Croyle in my franchise.

Seek
08-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Guys if we get Vick think of all the trick plays we can run with him as an RB! You guys are being to simple minded, having a talent such as Vick would open up our playbook tremendously. I wouldnt care if he never started one down at QB, but i want to run the wildcat and several other trick plays with him as an rb.

They guy has not palyed a down in two years. It would naive to think he could return to any football team and play at the level many remember. Even then, he wasn't a very good Qb. The chiefs has zero problems shutting him down, with a bad defense.

I don't want him.

jmlamerson
08-07-2009, 01:32 PM

OK, I'm thinking about it. With our medicore line and slower possession receivers we could run - not a hell of a lot with Vick as a RB.

Vanilla Garilla
08-07-2009, 01:40 PM
OK, I'm thinking about it. With our medicore line and slower possession receivers we could run - not a hell of a lot with Vick as a RB.

I think you would be suprised! Are you forgetting who we have as a head coach and where he just came from?

They guy has not palyed a down in two years. It would naive to think he could return to any football team and play at the level many remember. Even then, he wasn't a very good Qb. The chiefs has zero problems shutting him down, with a bad defense.

I don't want him.

Like i said, i dont want vick as a QB, i want him as a 3rd down RB, and on special teams unit.

Anyways, I don't think we will get him, doesn't seem like Piolis type. But who knows, he took a chance on Moss and look what that did for him.

jmlamerson
08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I think you would be suprised! Are you forgetting who we have as a head coach and where he just came from?

Like i said, i dont want vick as a QB, i want him as a 3rd down RB, and on special teams unit.

Anyways, I don't think we will get him, doesn't seem like Piolis type. But who knows, he took a chance on Moss and look what that did for him.

Haley came from a team with Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald at WR, and a SB MVP at QB. He could run trick plays because Fitzgerald could outrun and outjump and player on the field. Haley's new team had Dwayne Bowe at WR, a 1st year QB, and a bunch of older players and question marks. We're going to be instituting a pretty plain offense this season, simply because we don't have the personnel to do much more.

He did take a chance on Moss. A top-5 WR in his prime with some attitude problems. That's different than Vick, a guy with attitude and conditioning problems who's never shown any propensity for being a RB, much less a top-30 one.

We'd have to be out of our minds to sign Vick.

Vanilla Garilla
08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Haley came from a team with Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald at WR, and a SB MVP at QB. He could run trick plays because Fitzgerald could outrun and outjump and player on the field. Haley's new team had Dwayne Bowe at WR, a 1st year QB, and a bunch of older players and question marks. We're going to be instituting a pretty plain offense this season, simply because we don't have the personnel to do much more.

He did take a chance on Moss. A top-5 WR in his prime with some attitude problems. That's different than Vick, a guy with attitude and conditioning problems who's never shown any propensity for being a RB, much less a top-30 one.

We'd have to be out of our minds to sign Vick.

Well i do agree with alot of your points but i do think we have the offensive weapons to run a deep playbook. I think Bradley, Bowe, Toomer, and Engram are good enough receivers to accomplish alot. That and you couple the skills of Charles, and even LJ, I think we could potentially have a potent offense.

I really dont agree with you saying Matt Cassel is a first year quarterback, was it just me, or did i witness him start 15 games last year with the Patriots? Cassel has a great pedigree being behind Brady, Palmer, and Leinart. Just my honest opinion.

pbatrucker
08-07-2009, 02:26 PM
ESPN started with every team in the NFL and every day cross a couple more teams off as not interested. It was simply the Chiefs turn in the barrel to be interested. Don't get all excited, it's not going to happen.

jmlamerson
08-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Well i do agree with alot of your points but i do think we have the offensive weapons to run a deep playbook. I think Bradley, Bowe, Toomer, and Engram are good enough receivers to accomplish alot. That and you couple the skills of Charles, and even LJ, I think we could potentially have a potent offense.

I really dont agree with you saying Matt Cassel is a first year quarterback, was it just me, or did i witness him start 15 games last year with the Patriots? Cassel has a great pedigree being behind Brady, Palmer, and Leinart. Just my honest opinion.

By first year, I meant his first year on this team in this system. Although it is his first year going into a season as a starter since high school.

We have some good WRs to run a mid-range accurate passing game. We don't have a guy like Fitzgerald, Burress, or Moss who can bail out a QB single-handedly. And we don't have burners who can get behind defenses. I like Toomer and Bowe a lot (and I like Engram's and Bradley's skills, if not their constant injuries), but I'm expecting more Hines Ward and Eddie Kennison out of them than Larry Fitzgerald.

And everyone rates Charles higher than me. I just don't trust him to be a productive, healthy member of the team.

I'm not trying to be down on our offense. We have some good pieces. But despite Haley's pedigree, it will be a pretty plain offense most of the time. A lot of single back, 3 WR sets.

Vanilla Garilla
08-07-2009, 02:45 PM
By first year, I meant his first year on this team in this system. Although it is his first year going into a season as a starter since high school.

We have some good WRs to run a mid-range accurate passing game. We don't have a guy like Fitzgerald, Burress, or Moss who can bail out a QB single-handedly. And we don't have burners who can get behind defenses. I like Toomer and Bowe a lot (and I like Engram's and Bradley's skills, if not their constant injuries), but I'm expecting more Hines Ward and Eddie Kennison out of them than Larry Fitzgerald.

And everyone rates Charles higher than me. I just don't trust him to be a productive, healthy member of the team.

I'm not trying to be down on our offense. We have some good pieces. But despite Haley's pedigree, it will be a pretty plain offense most of the time. A lot of single back, 3 WR sets.

Well my friend that was too well said to argue with, lol. You are being realistic and I am being optimistic (as usual with me) and i guess we will find out what kind of offense we will have very shortly.

CapitalT
08-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I understand the interest in Vick because he has incredible athletic skills but I thought Thigpen did a decent job last year considering the circumstances.

I really don't think that Vick would add much. We wouldn't use in the running back position and if we put him in as quarterback it would create a controvercy that would defeat the whole purpose of the Cassel trade. Without a doubt he would be a distraction to the rest of the team since everyone will watching, asking questions and criticising what he is doing.

What would get me excited is if we could get a top notch lineman in a trade.

chiefan
08-07-2009, 05:13 PM
No way Vick switches to a RB. He has no where near the build of a RB, and would have to change his running technique, and I think would fumble it too much. I laugh at people who think Vick will change positions in the NFL. He is a QB, and nothing else. He can be used nicely in the wildcat, though.

DT14PRIEST
08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Hack and slash?

Lets not forget that Chan Gailey made Kordell Stewart 'slash' and I believe that Vick is exponentially more talented then Kordell.

That being said I don't want Vick as a starting QB any time soon on this team but more along the lines of a gadget WR/QB Hybrid ala-Thigpen/Antwan Randal El.

You can't deny his physical skill set, the guy can ball. Now whether he can play like he used to play before going to jail remains to be seen and he's pretty much useless for this season as well but if you're a GM looking to make a team better in all facets of the game you have to consider all the options avalible.

I'd sign him for the right price and nothing outrageous (yea right no 130 million dollar contract Vick sorry you burned that ticket) if he could get back into playing shape (and I think he could under Haley's conditioning program) but I doubt no, HIGHLY doubt he'll be a Chief any time soon.

complexrealmz
08-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I, for one, would not like to see Vick as a Chief...

I really dont see where he would fit besides in hybrid/ wildcat type formations. The chiefs have enough to focus on and the locker room doesnt need a distraction of this level..

On a more personal note... I know the man did his time and deserves another shot, but I cant respect an NFL ICON/ millionaire, who has to resort to torturing animals... perhaps it bothers me more than most, but I could never root for him again....

Sn@keIze
08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
That fact that anyone could suggest Vick backup Cassell is a serious spit in the face of thigpen.

If Vick does come here, Thig should try to get out, he deserves better.

CapitalT
08-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I for one dont want this tainted garbage of a player on my beloved chiefs. This guy brings along a amount of baggage that this team does not need nor do i think they can handle. I think its great for kc to proceed with what we have and leave the broken down vick for someone else. We have enough "Projects" on this roster as is!
Wow - I understand where the sentiment is coming from, and I love that you are a passionate Chiefs fan, but tainted garbage of a player?

That's going too far for me. He did something bad but, as ComplexRealmz said, "He did his time." I don't want him as Chief either but ... wow.

IlovetheChiefs
08-07-2009, 08:31 PM
He may have done his time but that doesn't mean he's not still a scum bag. The Chiefs have too much class to ever sign him. And sure, even if the Chiefs (God forbid!) ever did sign Vick of course I'd still love the Chiefs just as much as I always have (In fact, my love for the Chiefs GROWS with each passing day!). But I sure wouldn't be happy about it and I would still hate his guts even if he's wearing (again, God forbid!) a Chiefs uniform. But it will never happen (Thank God!).

Drunker Hillbilly
08-07-2009, 09:10 PM
It would be interesting to look at the background of all players in the NFL and see how many of them you have cheered for at one point or another that have tainted backgrounds that were not as publicized as Vick. I bet there are more than you think there are.....

Big Daddy Tek
08-07-2009, 09:21 PM
I just got home and saw this thread. The reactions, positive and negative, make me really want Vick now! The Chiefs would certainly be on the map. The things that we could do with Vick 5-8 plays a game could be huge. If he just came in and handed off the ball it would be successful. And then some wildcat, maybe a reverse, ooh yeah. Do you guys realize the extra perperation our opponent would have to take? this could open up alot..........

That is, if he is anything like the player he was 2 years ago. Of coarse everybody remembers me totally backing up Vicks greatness in the other thread, but we were talking about the past. You nor I have any idea what he is now. IF he could be anything close to what he was 2-3 years ago, Im all over it!

As far as class, reputation and tradition: ITS ALL CRAP FOLKS! This game is about one thing and one thing only, Winning! If a guy makes you win more, you sign him, PERIOD. You might say "not if hes always getting in trouble." I agree. Thats why I dont mind Vick, because outside of a ridiculously over prosecuted dog fighting case, he's never got into serious trouble and was a huge factor in the local community. He fought dogs, I really dont give a sh!t. I know alot of you do, but I could care less.

I'll top off my relentless, Vick blabbering by saying that I dont think there is a chance in he!! that the Chiefs sign him. But it sure would be cool!

Hayvern
08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Wow - I understand where the sentiment is coming from, and I love that you are a passionate Chiefs fan, but tainted garbage of a player?

That's going too far for me. He did something bad but, as ComplexRealmz said, "He did his time." I don't want him as Chief either but ... wow.

Tork, you are a very forgiving soul, that is what I love most about you, you were even willing to give Herm Edwards a chance when he came here... I have nothing but love for you.

I hate to break it to you, Vick is tainted goods, whether he has a tainted soul, only Vick and God knows for sure, but as you said, he would be NOTHING but a distraction on the Chiefs which would counter anything good he brings to the team.

Hayvern
08-07-2009, 09:49 PM
I just got home and saw this thread. The reactions, positive and negative, make me really want Vick now! The Chiefs would certainly be on the map. The things that we could do with Vick 5-8 plays a game could be huge. If he just came in and handed off the ball it would be successful. And then some wildcat, maybe a reverse, ooh yeah. Do you guys realize the extra perperation our opponent would have to take? this could open up alot..........

That is, if he is anything like the player he was 2 years ago. Of coarse everybody remembers me totally backing up Vicks greatness in the other thread, but we were talking about the past. You nor I have any idea what he is now. IF he could be anything close to what he was 2-3 years ago, Im all over it!

As far as class, reputation and tradition: ITS ALL CRAP FOLKS! This game is about one thing and one thing only, Winning! If a guy makes you win more, you sign him, PERIOD. You might say "not if hes always getting in trouble." I agree. Thats why I dont mind Vick, because outside of a ridiculously over prosecuted dog fighting case, he's never got into serious trouble and was a huge factor in the local community. He fought dogs, I really dont give a sh!t. I know alot of you do, but I could care less.

I'll top off my relentless, Vick blabbering by saying that I dont think there is a chance in he!! that the Chiefs sign him. But it sure would be cool!

The problem Tek is that he brings a load of baggage with him anywhere he goes. Constant media attention, constant talk about when he is going to play. If he came here it would be an instant QB controversy which we do not need.

What's funniest is how everyone in the sports world was so angry that somehow Pioli stole Cassel away to begin with, some talking heads wanted the trade investigated because everyone was saying what a star Cassel was. Now we have him and these very same talking heads are talking about how Vick is now needed on the Chiefs.

Not going to happen.

Big Daddy Tek
08-07-2009, 10:01 PM
The problem Tek is that he brings a load of baggage with him anywhere he goes. Constant media attention, constant talk about when he is going to play. If he came here it would be an instant QB controversy which we do not need.

What's funniest is how everyone in the sports world was so angry that somehow Pioli stole Cassel away to begin with, some talking heads wanted the trade investigated because everyone was saying what a star Cassel was. Now we have him and these very same talking heads are talking about how Vick is now needed on the Chiefs.

Not going to happen.

I think IF we brought him in, it would be under the contingency that both sides knew he was being used under a situational basis. If we played our cards right, we could sign him without any QB contraversy. You are right about the crazy media everywhere, but I think that would even slow down after week 6 or 7 when people realize that Vick is just a packaged athlete in our offense. Everybody HAS to stop thinking of Vick as a QB. Thats the problem man. He is not a QB anymore. He is a decoy, threat and playmaker for who ever signs him.

Hayvern
08-07-2009, 10:04 PM
I think IF we brought him in, it would be under the contingency that both sides knew he was being used under a situational basis. If we played our cards right, we could sign him without any QB contraversy. You are right about the crazy media everywhere, but I think that would even slow down after week 6 or 7 when people realize that Vick is just a packaged athlete in our offense. Everybody HAS to stop thinking of Vick as a QB. Thats the problem man. He is not a QB anymore. He is a decoy, threat and playmaker for who ever signs him.

Yeah, but then there is another problem. When he is a gadget play type player and you only use him in certain package type offenses, it tends to televise what you are planning on doing. It works when you are the starter and playing every down then those gadget plays work better for you.

I'll give you this though, IF he is still on the list and IF Cassel gets injured, I guarantee he will get signed.

Three7s
08-07-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm sure many of you know how I feel about Vick as far as QB skills, however I really do think he could be brilliant out of the wildcat and such. Great running ability and just enough of a threat with the pass that opposing defenses couldn't predict a run.

Sign him or don't sign him wouldn't matter to me. To the people that talk about all this "class" crap, I think Tek said it best. I know it sounds rude, but class means nothing in this world.

Bike
08-08-2009, 12:22 AM
We could run more doglegs with vick.

Big Daddy Tek
08-08-2009, 12:28 AM
We could run more doglegs with vick.

hahaha. Nice

Hayvern
08-08-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm sure many of you know how I feel about Vick as far as QB skills, however I really do think he could be brilliant out of the wildcat and such. Great running ability and just enough of a threat with the pass that opposing defenses couldn't predict a run.

Sign him or don't sign him wouldn't matter to me. To the people that talk about all this "class" crap, I think Tek said it best. I know it sounds rude, but class means nothing in this world.

It means nothing because we let it mean nothing. We let guys like Ramirez break the rules and yet run back and buy tickets to see him play and complain that baseball had the balls to finally make something stick.

We are all to ready to defend anyone who we think will make us happy, or win a few games, or make something more exciting for us. That is sick, really sick, and I admit I am sometimes as bad as the next guy.

We are always to willing to compromise our own principles because we don't want to admit we are wrong. Once upon a time things weren't like this. People used to care about what other people thought of them, not anymore.

Anyway, it is a sad state of affairs, and we are all guilty of it at one point or another. I can forgive anyone for the things they have done wrong, but I do not have to accept them just because they paid their debt. There is a lasting residue when you do something that is wrong even after you have paid your debt. You may not be able to do things that you used to be able to do, even though you paid your debt. Vick can never be President now that he is a convicted felon, and maybe, just maybe he will never play football again. It's not hate for the man, it is just simply a case of the residue staying with you.

Bike
08-08-2009, 12:34 AM
hahaha. Nice
I know. That was pretty lame. I really can't see Vick playing in KC. Not really sure how we got on his short list...But hey, if Pioli thinks he can improve this team, by all means go get him.

rustfan76
08-08-2009, 05:48 PM
How many on this site were screaming for Ray Lewis during free-agency, yeah what he did is nothing compared to what Vick did(riiiiiiight).

Chiefster
08-08-2009, 05:52 PM
What is meant by:
Chiefs out?

rustfan76
08-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Joe Theismann Gladly Offers Ray Lewis Advice on Free Agency

Posted Mar 03, 2009 1:40PM By Ryan Wilson (http://www.fanhouse.com/bloggers/ryan-wilson/) (RSS feed (http://www.fanhouse.com/bloggers/ryan-wilson/rss.xml))
Filed Under: Ravens (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/category/baltimore-ravens/), AFC North (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/category/afc-north/), NFL Free Agency (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/category/nfl-free-agency/), NFL Rumors (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/category/nfl-rumors/)

Email (javascript:void(0)) Print (javascript:void(0))
Share (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php)

Text SizeAA (javascript:void(0);)A (javascript:void(0);)

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/08/58.jpgI'm guessing Ray Lewis (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/tag/RayLewis/) didn't expect to be five days into free agency and still without a team. Surely the Cowboys, a club in need of a locker room leader, would throw millions at Lewis to lure him to Dallas. Or even more likely: new Jets head coach -- and former Ravens' defensive coordinator -- Rex Ryan (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/tag/RexRyan/) would bring the cornerstone of those suffocating Baltimore defenses north to New York, whatever the cost.

A month ago, both scenarios seemed eminently plausible. Now, after the Jets signed former Ray-Ray teammate Bart Scott (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/tag/BartScott/) to a six-year, $48 million deal (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/27/for-real-this-time-bart-scott-signs-6-year-contract-with-the-je/), and the Cowboys opted to go with low-key (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/28/keith-brooking-signs-deal-with-cowboys/) Keith Brooking (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/tag/KeithBrooking/), Lewis' options have been reduced to ... well, the Ravens. A team he allegedly declared dead to him (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/27/it-sounds-like-ray-lewis-wont-return-to-ravens/) on Friday morning only to change his mind when it became clear that nobody else was interested in services.

erm, yeah Ray Lewis was a free-agent.........

CapitalT
08-08-2009, 09:10 PM
How many on this site were screaming for Ray Lewis during free-agency, yeah what he did is nothing compared to what Vick did(riiiiiiight).
I think Ray Lewis was pretty amazing. He carried the Ravens to a super bowl. No one player can do that but I think he was the best player on that team. I don't think Vick was ever that big of a difference maker ... although he was amazing to watch.

rustfan76
08-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I was talking about off the field actions , not on the field talent.

Hayvern
08-08-2009, 11:25 PM
erm Ray Lewis never hit free agency he has always been a raven dude.. and Hayvern the more posts i read from you the more respect i have for you. You bring great thoughts and realistic views to the table. I agree with the fact is i dont have to like him or any of that. And to me it does matter what a person does regardless. I wouldnt trade my morals for a superbowl sorry just wouldnt!

*Slobber, slobber, *hick*, ummm, I posted something??? ummm what was it??? *hick*

GIVE ME BEER!!!

CapitalT
08-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I was talking about off the field actions , not on the field talent.
MY mistake

Bike
08-09-2009, 11:05 AM
erm Ray Lewis never hit free agency he has always been a raven dude.. and Hayvern the more posts i read from you the more respect i have for you. You bring great thoughts and realistic views to the table. I agree with the fact is i dont have to like him or any of that. And to me it does matter what a person does regardless. I wouldnt trade my morals for a superbowl sorry just wouldnt!
And didn't you hear Sean Ryan was cut to make room for Toomer.

bigpoppachief
08-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Honestly I just want to win and if bringing Vick in helps that so be it. Honestly it was dog fighting ! People get less more murdering a human ! Vick has served his time and no he isnt a great Qb but hell he can add some versatilaity unlike any other. I dont really want him but I am not totally against him I just want my Chiefs to win ! Especially after seeing DT go to the hall I want some Chiefs glory lol

Hayvern
08-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Honestly I just want to win and if bringing Vick in helps that so be it. Honestly it was dog fighting ! People get less more murdering a human ! Vick has served his time and no he isnt a great Qb but hell he can add some versatilaity unlike any other. I dont really want him but I am not totally against him I just want my Chiefs to win ! Especially after seeing DT go to the hall I want some Chiefs glory lol

Sorry dude, but I have to say it, this is spoken like a Faiders fan.

For years, we Chiefs fans have been the moral high ground in this duel between the Chiefs and the Raiders. The Raiders have been a laughing stock over the years because they like to aquire those less than savory characters. We as Chiefs fans have laughed at them, yet given the slightest opportunity to be just like them, we seem to be all too willing to throw away our convictions.

Yeah, I know it was only dog fighting, and Larry Johnson only punched three different women in the face! We were ready to dump him like a hot potato, more than one person on this board has called Johnson a cancer and he had to go. Honestly, maybe Johnson has changed, maybe he hasn't but I would still feel a little dirty inside for cheering for Johnson considering what he has done to and said about this organization.

Well what is Vick? He is the same exact thing as Johnson, and maybe even a little worse since Vick actually had to do time for his indesression. Vick is mouthy, he is a cancer on the team, even though he is an incredible talent.

Why not just go ahead and sign Ocho Sinco, or some of those other wastoids out there? It's because the Chiefs have always been a proud organization that has been above that kind of nonsense, well at least until Squimin Herman took over. Let the Dallases and Oaklands of the NFL deal with that crap, I will be happy to have to go through a couple of more losing seasons if I can hold my head up high and say that I am proud to be a Chiefs fan and I do not have to make excuses for the unsavory characters being on my team of choice!

You don't have to be a wastoid to be a talented player on a team. The "former Chiefs player who will remain namesless" proved that with his class off the field and playing ability on the field. Had we been a little more picky about those we chose to run our organization, it is very likely he would still be called Tony Gonzales.

tammietailgator
08-10-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't want vick, not just for the lack of chemistry that I think he would have for this team - but for the fact that I think

- He is a dog abuser (in my field, that is a no no)
- I agree that we would be spitting in Thigs face with this signing (even though with even a bad line thig held his own!)
- He has been in prison - unless he played ball there, he is out of practice (I doubt they get to do the longest yard anymore)

hermhater
08-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Your posts make my head hurt.

tammietailgator
08-10-2009, 01:26 AM
If you haven't been watching NFL Network and all of the interviews they have been running , most of the players that have spoken like Vick not to mention feel he has paid his debt and deserves a second chance. As for your job, yea you have the right to feel that way but as a member of the ASPC I can't understand the fact that we live in a society built around corrective systems that encourage second chances and yet people like yourself still feels the need to keep a guy down because he made a mistake. I would be willing to bet he understands that is frowned upon at this point.
Not only do I think he would be a positive person for our team , I think he would bring some leadership to our team in time. He is a football player and he stayed in shape in prison, he prolly did nothing but work out as what else could he do?

We have a QB's we do not need him - I also do not think that he would mesh with our team..... I do offer forgiveness and he has paid his due, but I still do not want him on our team. Wonder how many footballs they let him throw in Leavenworth?

Your posts make my head hurt.

I am dizzy:yahoo:

stricken721
08-10-2009, 01:28 AM
After that one occasion a few years back when he flipped off the fans I don't think I could like Michael Vick. Those people pay all that money to come see you, and he flips them off? That's a winner for ya

stricken721
08-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Yeah I'm not saying I wouldn't give the guy a second chance. I just don't like him. That being one of the reasons.

Hayvern
08-10-2009, 10:28 AM
I hate I have to say this but it is truth. The Raiders take on talent with a little less than perfect records in society but they have won 3 Superbowls. We have 1 Superbowl. If it means we win more Superbowls to go out and get a few lunkerheads that have talent so the hell what........ Remember that we don't need to be perfect as a World Champion, we just have to win and that is all any of us want.

You obviously missed the point to what I was saying, but then, what more could I really expect..

I thought you had me on ignore? If this is the best reply you can come up with, then I request you put me back on.

bigpoppachief
08-10-2009, 10:42 AM
We have a QB's we do not need him - I also do not think that he would mesh with our team..... I do offer forgiveness and he has paid his due, but I still do not want him on our team. Wonder how many footballs they let him throw in Leavenworth?

I am dizzy:yahoo:

Actually probably quite a few lol

honda522
08-10-2009, 10:43 AM
We should put this rumor to rest. Vick I am sure will not play for the Chiefs. We just spent Millions on Cassel, we still have Thiggy who I think could be better than Vick at throwing, and then we now have Matt G.

CKENN19
08-10-2009, 11:13 AM
The guys got skills. If Haley thinks he's still NFL calibur after being out for so long, he can only be a plus. Whatever sends Croyle to Detroit... I'm for.

Bike
08-10-2009, 10:39 PM
After that one occasion a few years back when he flipped off the fans I don't think I could like Michael Vick. Those people pay all that money to come see you, and he flips them off? That's a winner for ya
Agreed. Vick failed both as a football player and a society member. If somebody wants to give the guy another chance, great. Just not here.

Coach
08-10-2009, 10:54 PM
What would get me excited is if we could get a top notch lineman in a trade.

Hear dat.

Vick would be a huge distraction and there will be bigtime backlash for the team that signs him which is exactly why no right-minded GM will sign him. That leaves Oakland in the mix. :D Considering they need a QB, it's a possibility for the faders.

Chiefster
08-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Hear dat.

Vick would be a huge distraction and there will be bigtime backlash for the team that signs him which is exactly why no right-minded GM will sign him. That leaves Oakland in the mix. :D Considering they need a QB, it's a possibility for the faders.

:lol:

stricken721
08-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Chris Chandler was the QB when the Falcons went to the superbowl. Not Michael Vick

stricken721
08-11-2009, 01:56 AM
And that was in 1999. Michael Vick didn't join the league until 2001.

captainamerica
08-11-2009, 02:01 AM
I really hope this isn't true, because we already have a much better version of Vick in Tyle Thigpen on our team and Thigpen doesn't carry around the same kind of baggage that Vick does and Thigpen can actually throw the ball as well. I see absolutely no reason why the Chiefs should sign Michael Vick.

stricken721
08-11-2009, 02:01 AM
I really hope this isn't true, because we already have a much better version of Vick in Tyle Thigpen on our team and Thigpen doesn't carry around the same kind of baggage that Vick does and Thigpen can actually throw the ball as well. I see absolutely no reason why the Chiefs should sign Michael Vick.

Agreed

Chiefster
08-11-2009, 02:09 AM

I see absolutely no reason way any team, other then the Faders, would sign Vick.

captainamerica
08-11-2009, 02:20 AM
I can see quite a few different reasons to bring him in and none of them are as a QB. What if he were used as a WR,
We have like 20 different WRs right now as it is. We don't really have a need for any more WRs. Bowe, Bradley, Toomer, and Engram should all do just fine. It'd make very little sense for the Chiefs to bring in a fomer "quarterback" who hasn't played football in over 2 years and has a lot of baggage to play as a WR for the team. That to me would be absurd.

KR or PR?There's guys out there with less baggage that could probably do the job as well or better than Vick. Dantrell Savage showed a few flashes of potential as a KR last season in my opinion. I'd rather have him returning kicks than Michael Vick.

doobs_05
08-11-2009, 02:59 AM
I don't know if i want PETA all over us for signing him.... but if we can put him in spots like RB and do some trick plays and if he keeps his speed up we could probably use him.....heir are other players out there that have done worse and still played (Leonard Little)

stricken721
08-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Well he already has accomplished step 1 to becoming a Raider or Cowboy

Having a rap sheet:lol:

doobs_05
08-11-2009, 04:48 AM
also....he did ALOT with getting tony dungey to help him. and whatever tony says about vick i agree plus tony is taking a huge risk and helping him cuz if he ****s up its on dungey too

Seek
08-11-2009, 01:20 PM
[quote=KansasCityChris;147376]He is definately a fast man with his feet and he would be a great pick up for just what you said, trick plays , KR , PR , Wildcat, stuff that would benefit us on the Offensive side of the ball. I am not saying that the Chiefs will do it but I wouldn't be upset if it happened.quote]

This is all assumptions. Michael Vick ran the ball many times unprotecting the ball. He just held it in his hand and ran. He was able to do that many times because he did not have 10 guys flying down the field as fast as they could ready to clock him.

Returning kicks is much different than scrambling when 5 guys were blocked, and four guys were covering receivers leaving only two guys to beat.

He also has not played in 2 years. 2 Years is a lot of rust to knock off, specially this late in training camp for a postion Mr. Vick has never played. Making the 52 man roster wouldn't be very probable unless you had a spot to waste.

We tried the Slash type of QB last year with the #9 guy. It failed. I know he wasn't Michael Vick, but that gimmick type of offense won't fool teams for very long when everyone is doing it.

Hey!!! sign him to a practice squad and use him as a tackling dummie and work on his returns then. Just keep him away from Cleveland and KC Wolf.

tammietailgator
08-12-2009, 12:12 AM
I say... GO AWAY VICK! I don't want him! Our team will not need him, mark my words!

Chiefster
08-12-2009, 12:23 AM
I say... GO AWAY VICK! I don't want him! Our team will not need him, mark my words!

Consider them marked. :D

tammietailgator
08-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Oh and I agree with Seek! Stay away from KCwolf! Where is Polleo Pit Man????

tornadospotter
08-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Oh and I agree with Seek! Stay away from KCwolf! Where is Polleo Pit Man????
KC Wolf will kick vicks ***.
YouTube - KC Wolf

Hayvern
08-12-2009, 10:30 AM
KC Wolf will kick vicks ***.
YouTube - KC Wolf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQq32xUa_E0)

Technically the guy was not leveled by KC Wolfe, but how embarrassing would it be to have your clock cleaned by the team mascot.

KC Wolfe's parade after the deed would have been enough for me even if the guard flattened me first. Of course, at my size and shape, I would find it really hard to run across the field that fast.

stricken721
08-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh how I miss the days when we had a real mascot of the Indian Chief riding the horse around the field after TDs.

You gotta give it to KC Wolf though. He's a bada$$ :lol:

stricken721
08-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Plus, KC Wolf is the only mascot I have ever known for the Chiefs.

AkChief49
08-12-2009, 03:43 PM
this is not a "horse with no name" you speak of Warpaint

Seek
08-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Technically the guy was not leveled by KC Wolfe, but how embarrassing would it be to have your clock cleaned by the team mascot.

KC Wolfe's parade after the deed would have been enough for me even if the guard flattened me first. Of course, at my size and shape, I would find it really hard to run across the field that fast.

I was at that game. KC Wolf was in good form and ready to lay the guy out. It certainly got they guy running concerned.