PDA

View Full Version : Trade Dorsey!

Vanilla Garilla
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Ok, so I know I'm going to catch a lot of heat for this on here, but what the heck, its good to stir up the old pot now and again.

I think the Chiefs need to trade Glen Dorsey immediately!
I say this for a these reasons:

1. He has shown no determination, dedication, or desire to get his sappy @ss in shape, and is going to be beaten out my McGee.

2. If we wait one more year, Dorseys value will be extremely low and we would have just lost out on millions.

3. There are plenty of 4-3 teams that are interested in Dorsey, and right now, he is not fitting our need as a 3-4 DE.

4. I do not think Dorsey can stay healthy enough to be solid and reliable in our 3-4.

I am not willing to write off Dorsey as a bust yet, but he is convincing me more and more everyday that he might just be one. I mean he did well in his first year IMO, but for the money he is getting he needs to get his @ss in shape, and be out on that practice field showing the rooks how to do it, not the other way around.

jmlamerson
08-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Ok, so I know I'm going to catch a lot of heat for this on here, but what the heck, its good to stir up the old pot now and again.

1. He has shown no determination, dedication, or desire to get his sappy @ss in shape, and is going to be beaten out my McGee.

2. If we wait one more year, Dorseys value will be extremely low and we would have just lost out on millions.

3. There are plenty of 4-3 teams that are interested in Dorsey, and right now, he is not fitting our need as a 3-4 DE.

4. I do not think Dorsey can stay healthy enough to be solid and reliable in our 3-4.

I am not willing to write off Dorsey as a bust yet, but he is convincing me more and more everyday that he might just be one. I mean he did well in his first year IMO, but for the money he is getting he needs to get his @ss in shape, and be out on that practice field showing the rooks how to do it, not the other way around.

There is no way for the Chiefs to trade Dorsey in 2009 because of the massive, massive cap hit. If the 2010 season is uncapped, I think we unload him then.

KottkeKU
08-07-2009, 02:58 PM
echoes here....the cap hit would not even be worth what we would get in return for Dorsey...a 1st rounder? maybe...a second rounder probably...plus like 10 million in cap hit for us (if he is traded this season)...thats not worth it...If they wanted to trade him, they would have done so already...

texaschief
08-07-2009, 03:26 PM
wow... why hasn't anyone had this idea before?!!

chiefan
08-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes, the cap hit is way to much for us to trade him. If we were going to trade him anyways, we would wait until week 6.

yashi
08-07-2009, 04:23 PM
If his health is an issue, can't they just put him on injured reserve and let him heal then when he can go bring him in and let him play just enough to show he can get it done and then unload him next year when the cap is not an issue.

IR means he can't play the rest of the season... maybe you're thinking of the PUP list?

honda522
08-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I agree with you Vanilla, he just doesn't fit the Chiefs org. I was pissed when they picked him to begin with.

Bike
08-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I agree with you Vanilla, he just doesn't fit the Chiefs org. I was pissed when they picked him to begin with.
Another wonderful, mind-numbing pick from the legacy that was (I won't say it).

honda522
08-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Another wonderful, mind-numbing pick from the legacy that was (I won't say it).
Talking about Peterson?

Bike
08-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Talking about Peterson?
I hate that word. He trashed our team.

honda522
08-07-2009, 04:46 PM
I hate that word. He trashed our team.
Isn't as bad as bad as Herm the Worm.

Bike
08-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Isn't as bad as bad as Herm the Worm.
Yabut cp brought the worm here. Then the worm hermaroided Dorsey with the wonderfully successful Tampa defense. Now Dorsey is a discouraged and out of shape. I hope he is still salvagable...

honda522
08-07-2009, 05:18 PM
If there are any coachs that can salvage him it's Pendergast and Haley. Haley is a conditioning mofo! Thats why his Offense is such a success. If your players are in great condition they will perform at a higher level. The Worm doesn't know what a conditioned football team is. Peterswallower doesn't know what that means so when he dug up The Worm they both thought Dorsey was the next Warren Sapp but they forgot to check the tires and now the radials are showing through the tread.:(
They can fix him ;)
Right on man. :bananen_smilies046:

chiefan
08-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Didnt the saints offer us two first rounders to move up? Thanks Herm.

DT14PRIEST
08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Yabut cp brought the worm here. Then the worm hermaroided Dorsey with the wonderfully successful Tampa defense. Now Dorsey is a discouraged and out of shape. I hope he is still salvagable...

If he's got any respect for himself and this team and is truly a man he'll step up. Now whether or not he's fit for the team is a completely different question.

Hayvern
08-07-2009, 10:02 PM

I am not opposed to it, I thought he would have been traded this offseason to be honest with you.

I hope he plays at least serviceable though or his worth goes down next season.

I also expect that Tamba Hali is on his last leg as well and if he does not make it as a linebacker he will be gone next year. I like Tamba, I hope he makes it this year and can play Linebacker, I certainly think he has a better build for linebacker than defensive end.

theaxeeffect4311
08-07-2009, 10:40 PM
I am not opposed to it, I thought he would have been traded this offseason to be honest with you.

I also expect that Tamba Hali is on his last leg as well and if he does not make it as a linebacker he will be gone next year. I like Tamba, I hope he makes it this year and can play Linebacker, I certainly think he has a better build for linebacker than defensive end.

I also think that Dorsey would have been traded this off-season, so that could mean that we did not get enough value for Dorsey. However, if anyone wants to speculate on a Dorsey trade, the Carolina Panthers lost DT Kemoaetu for the season and were supposedly showing interest in Dorsey.

Big Daddy Tek
08-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Dorsey is in a pickle right now. Big time. He's too small to play nose and too big to play OLB. To top it all off, DE is deep all of the sudden. We have Tyson Jackson, a third overall pick chosen by the new regime, so thats definitly locked up. We have Alex Magee, also chosen by the new regime, who is the star of training camp so far. To make matters worse for Dorsey, we only play 3 lineman. Right now is the deciding point in Dorseys career. This the competition that coaches always talk about. They want to "create competition." In other words this is the point in which Glenn will have to raise his level to one that we have not seen yet. This is a perfect example of a Scott Pioli dynamic right in front of our eyes. Im pulling for dorsey, but its a tough hill to climb. If he climbs it, then we have the guy who we thought we drafted. If he doesn't, than we have his replacement waiting. I love this new managment!

In regards to trading him, The cap hit is erelevant. Its paper money. We are so far under the cap, it wouldnt matter. But, I think that you have to let this situation play out to see who the real Glenn Dorsey is.

Bike
08-07-2009, 11:38 PM

True. Hali and any other players brought in by the herm/cp jaugernaut will have to play lights out to remain a Chief...