PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs favored by 2

IlovetheChiefs
08-08-2009, 08:10 PM
It's just the Texans (although they did go 8-8 last year and some expect could contend for the playoffs this year), and we are at home, and it is just preseason, but it still feels good to say the Chiefs are favored by 2 in our game against Houston next Saturday. :)

Chiefster
08-08-2009, 09:44 PM
AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

I can't wait another whole week!

Chiefster
08-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Well I meant for Chiefs football, but thanks for the update and info; it's definitely one I don't want to miss! :)

IlovetheChiefs
08-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah lookin' forward to some football tomorrow night.
i also remember we opened up against the texans a few years back and they stuck it to us 20-3 lol

Yes that bad memory came to mind as I started this thread but I refrained from bringing it up to not damper the positive of us being favorites. :)

honda522
08-08-2009, 10:56 PM
I think I will favor our Great Kansas City Chiefs by 17 Points, on the account of having the best GM in the Bizz and fine Head Coach. Houston is an average team, they don't have a lot of play makers on D and they don't have a franchise QB, or a top 20 running back. The only true awesomeness on their team is Andre Johnson.

AussieChiefsFan
08-08-2009, 11:01 PM
It's just the Texans (although they did go 8-8 last year and some expect could contend for the playoffs this year), and we are at home, and it is just preseason, but it still feels good to say the Chiefs are favored by 2 in our game against Houston next Saturday. :)
So we are favored to win?

IlovetheChiefs
08-08-2009, 11:09 PM
I think I will favor our Great Kansas City Chiefs by 17 Points, on the account of having the best GM in the Bizz and fine Head Coach. Houston is an average team, they don't have a lot of play makers on D and they don't have a franchise QB, or a top 20 running back. The only true awesomeness on their team is Andre Johnson.

I agree with your assessment of the Titans. They'll probably have yet another mediocre year and miss the playoffs again. Andre Johnson is superb. I think Schaub did pretty well for them last year though, after a so-so period as a Falcon before. Johnson gave him someone to throw too though, of course.
So we are favored to win?

Yes sir favored by 2 points. :)

honda522
08-08-2009, 11:14 PM
I agree with your assessment of the Titans. They'll probably have yet another mediocre year and miss the playoffs again. Andre Johnson is superb. I think Schaub did pretty well for them last year though, after a so-so period as a Falcon before. Johnson gave him someone to throw too though, of course.

I believe you meant the Texans sir. :lol:

IlovetheChiefs
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
I believe you meant the Texans sir. :lol:

oops yeah I did! Well at least I had the right division and the titans play tomorrow night as I had just mentioned. :p

AussieChiefsFan
08-08-2009, 11:20 PM
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:Cant wait to tell my friend that supports the texans!!!!:lol:

IlovetheChiefs
08-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Careful though. They beat us 20-3 I think opening day 2007 as mentioned earlier, so he may throw that back to ya!

AussieChiefsFan
08-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Careful though. They beat us 20-3 I think opening day 2007 as mentioned earlier, so he may throw that back to ya!
He only just got interested in NFL late last year so I dont think He'll even know about it! :tongue:

AussieChiefsFan
08-08-2009, 11:27 PM
BTW what website did you get those odds from?:bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
08-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Vegas one. Actually had us started out at 2 and a half. Can change as the week goes on but whatever it starts out at is likely to be just about the closing line. Any changes are usually by a half point. Exceptions are if a key player suddenly becomes unavailable to play.

AussieChiefsFan
08-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Vegas one. Actually had us started out at 2 and a half. Can change as the week goes on but whatever it starts out at is likely to be just about the closing line. Any changes are usually by a half point. Exceptions are if a key player suddenly becomes unavailable to play.
Is there a page to all the games? And the odds? if so can you post the link.:bananen_smilies046:

And if there isnt a page with ALL the games just post the upcoming games if you can.:bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
08-08-2009, 11:39 PM
here ya go bud: NFL - Odds - FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/odds)

AussieChiefsFan
08-08-2009, 11:41 PM
here ya go bud: NFL - Odds - FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/odds)
Thanks. Oh, gotta go for brunch now. Be back in half an hour. BTW brunch is half way between breakfast and lunch. I dont know if you guys have that over in america.:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
08-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Yes brunch is good! :)

Hayvern
08-09-2009, 12:06 AM

BAH, that was in the days of King Carl and his faithful sidekick Squirmin Herman!!!1

AussieChiefsFan
08-09-2009, 12:07 AM
BAH, that was in the days of King Carl and his faithful sidekick Squirmin Herman!!!1
Precisely!:bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
08-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks. Oh, gotta go for brunch now. Be back in half an hour. BTW brunch is half way between breakfast and lunch. I dont know if you guys have that over in america.:bananen_smilies046:

Yeah, we have brunch, it is one of my favorite sunday meals..

My 13 year old son coined another one recently... Lunner, between lunch and dinner.

I like Sundays, especially football Sundays because we get Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Lunner, Dinner, Evening Leftovers AND the midnight snack...

AussieChiefsFan
08-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, we have brunch, it is one of my favorite sunday meals..

My 13 year old son coined another one recently... Lunner, between lunch and dinner.

I like Sundays, especially football Sundays because we get Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Lunner, Dinner, Evening Leftovers AND the midnight snack...
????

stricken721
08-09-2009, 12:11 AM
He means he thought of another term.

AussieChiefsFan
08-09-2009, 12:12 AM
He means he thought of another term.
Another term?

Hehe. Dont needa answer that.