PDA

View Full Version : this depth chart is not right

marloweopatchiefs
08-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Late notes: Bowe third on depth chart - AFC West - ESPN (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2595/Late-notes--Bowe-third-on-depth-chart.html?post=true)

Chiefster
08-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Call the Commissioner ASAP! :D

DT14PRIEST
08-11-2009, 12:02 AM
If this was the week one of the regular season Depth chart I'd raise an eyebrow but needless to say its not so I'm not all that concerned about it

honda522
08-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Dude, this is awesome. Its just Haley showing some tough love!!! Our team is going to kickass starting this year.

nwbearcat21
08-11-2009, 01:18 AM
I like it...hopefully it gets bowe to shut his mouth and just catch the ball.

captainamerica
08-11-2009, 01:51 AM
This is just the depth chart for the pre-season right? 2nd and 3rd stringers generally see more playing time in the pre-season anyways so this is really nothing to worry about. I'm 99% positive that Bowe will be the starter come the start of the regular season.

If anything this will only serve to motivate Dwayne Bowe and make him a better football player. Bowe needs something to push him to that next level. He's very close, but he's not quite there. If he can become more focused and cut down on his number of dropped passes he could be one of the best wideouts in the game.

AussieChiefsFan
08-11-2009, 02:41 AM
That is a good way of looking at it. Maybe Haley feels that if Bowe is out on the field playing more during the preseason he will be ready to go when the regular season hits.
Thats a relief! I actually quite fond of Dwayne bowe!

doobs_05
08-11-2009, 02:49 AM
could be serious.....maybe Bowe thought he was money in the bank but new WRs and he just got showed up and probably didn't train too hard in the off season.....doesn't surprise me either since our team is not meeting the requirements of being in shape(glen dorsey)

brish
08-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Relax already.. Haley has already said that who plays with what number of offense/defense, usually doesn't mean anything in camp. So far pretty much the only certains with the 1st string offense, has been Bowe, Cassel and Albert.
Bowe has already shown commitment by losing alot of weight, Haley is just trying to push him even further cause he see's that Bowe can be something special.
I think he see's a little of what he saw in Fitzgerald, im not making him the next fitz, im just saying that I think Bowe can be something special, and that I think Haley see's it.

Come end of camp I would be very surprised if Bowe wasn't the number 1 receiver.
This move is probably also a stunt to dangle a carrot in front of Darling, Wright and Lawrence to try even harder.
I've heard some good things about Rodney Wright, apparently he has shown glimps of excellent speed and good catches. He's probably not ready yet, but the competition for the number 2,3,4 receiver is wide open here..

YZILLA
08-11-2009, 03:58 AM
It could also mean that Bowe has sucked *** all camp and is where he should be by the way he is playing so far. His head is not right for some reason. Hes having alot of Mental mistakes . I saw quite a few on Saturday alone. He was screwing up in after scrimmage drills. Haley had them plant one hand and fire off the word "hutt" . Once in a while Haley would blow the whistle instead of saying Down, Set ,Hutt and if a player jumped they did more of them. I saw Bowe have a heck of a time with this drill. haley was trying to instill that when your dead tired you need to keep your mind focused. Bowes teamates were chewing his *** and some Fans Joined in . Some fans were saying Comon DBOWE We aint gonna get to a Superbowl this way , Again this is Just what I have seen with my own eyes . I have read alot of articles on how he is having very bad practices. Don't get me wrong . I am a fan of DBOWE. I Want him to do well. I am kinda happy we are having some no-name recievers step up and play their asses off . Its all about who wants it more and is willing to put in the time and effort . Thats who will be on the starting Squad.

doobs_05
08-11-2009, 04:44 AM
also his hands need to step up and catch some balls

brish
08-11-2009, 06:29 AM
YZILLA, where did you read those articles about Bowe?

I'd like to read them, I didn't know he had that much trouble..

pbatrucker
08-11-2009, 06:41 AM
In reference to Bowe, Haley stated he wants players who will do it the Chiefs way. Bowe is in the dog house, hopefully this is a wake up call for him.

yashi
08-11-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm sure he's sending a message, but I don't think there's any chance that Bowe isn't WR1 come week 1.

brish
08-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Well he did lose all the weight that Haley asked of him, and he did pass the conditioning test, so it's not like he is battling Haley..
He needs to be pushed though, he hasn't reached his true potential yet.
I hope he gets the message and works even harder! :)

Hayvern
08-11-2009, 10:25 AM
It could also mean that Bowe has sucked *** all camp and is where he should be by the way he is playing so far. His head is not right for some reason. Hes having alot of Mental mistakes . I saw quite a few on Saturday alone. He was screwing up in after scrimmage drills. Haley had them plant one hand and fire off the word "hutt" . Once in a while Haley would blow the whistle instead of saying Down, Set ,Hutt and if a player jumped they did more of them. I saw Bowe have a heck of a time with this drill. haley was trying to instill that when your dead tired you need to keep your mind focused. Bowes teamates were chewing his *** and some Fans Joined in . Some fans were saying Comon DBOWE We aint gonna get to a Superbowl this way , Again this is Just what I have seen with my own eyes . I have read alot of articles on how he is having very bad practices. Don't get me wrong . I am a fan of DBOWE. I Want him to do well. I am kinda happy we are having some no-name recievers step up and play their asses off . Its all about who wants it more and is willing to put in the time and effort . Thats who will be on the starting Squad.

This is sort of what I was wondering. It looks like it is possible that Bowe might be having a hard time adjusting to the work that he is being asked to perform. Remember, all he knows is college, and then the step down from there when working with Squimin Herman. It could be he has not made that adjustment like some of the other rookies that were drafted under the Herm show.

I hope that he does get it together though!

honda522
08-11-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm sure he's sending a message, but I don't think there's any chance that Bowe isn't WR1 come week 1.
:bananen_smilies046:

isht_starter
08-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Late notes: Bowe third on depth chart - AFC West - ESPN (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2595/Late-notes--Bowe-third-on-depth-chart.html?post=true)

What not right about it? It's the coach's job to put the team in the best position to win games and if the staff feels this is the group most deserving of a starter-backup role then so be it. Then again, they have yet to play a preseason game so this depth chart is written in pencil.

YZILLA
08-11-2009, 04:45 PM

I read all of the forums on Warpaint Illustrated Free side, Arrowhead pride, Bob Gretz, Yahoo sports, many times have I read little instances of Bowe not focusing and making mistakes. Heres one from arrowhead pride that I found real quick, :

Bowe didn’t come back to the ball, and cornerback Brandon Carr was able to swat the pass out of the air. Fans on the west fence line weren’t impressed with Bowe’s performance, as they hollered, “Come on, D. Bowe!”

There are many more if I look hard enough. All I do is read about training camp so Its there if you look hard enough.Im at worrk or I would put some more up.