PDA

View Full Version : KC Star : Chiefs QB Croyle glad to get back to playing after injury

Coach
08-11-2009, 04:10 AM
RIVER FALLS, Wis. | Once the trauma of his latest football injury took time to sink in — and he assures it could be measured in moments — Brodie Croyle began to assess his playing future. He quickly came to one determination: Other people might write the obituary for his Chiefs’ and maybe even his quarterbacking career, but he wasn’t going to do it himself.

More... (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1375031.html)

AussieChiefsFan
08-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Lets hope he can stay that way so that he can back up Thiggy if he gets injured backing up Matt Cassel!

honda522
08-11-2009, 11:24 AM
He is going to get cut right? We signed Matt G.

So they depth Chart could look like this.

#1 Matt Cassel
#2 Tyler Thigpen
#3 Matt G

We don't need 4 Qbs.

jmlamerson
08-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Thigpen looks like he's on his way out.

honda522
08-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Thigpen looks like he's on his way out.
how do you figure?

jmlamerson
08-11-2009, 12:43 PM
how do you figure?

Brodie Croyle is getting all the 2nd team reps and we signed Gutierrez. We're only carrying three QBs in 2009. Thigpen is definitely the odd man out here.

honda522
08-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Brodie Croyle is getting all the 2nd team reps and we signed Gutierrez. We're only carrying three QBs in 2009. Thigpen is definitely the odd man out here.
You have been watching?

Where would he go? Cut? Practice squad? Traded?

jmlamerson
08-11-2009, 01:20 PM
You have been watching?

Where would he go? Cut? Practice squad? Traded?

I've been reading the camp reports, and every one has Croyle as the 2QB.

To my understanding of the practice squad, Thigpen's ineligible because he's played in more than six games.

I'm sure we'd trade him if we could, but the market may not be there.

My guess is that he's cut.

tornadospotter
08-11-2009, 01:56 PM
He is going to get cut right? We signed Matt G.

So they depth Chart could look like this.

#1 Matt Cassel
#2 Tyler Thigpen
#3 Matt G

We don't need 4 Qbs.
Well if you look at recent history, yes we do.

tornadospotter
08-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Brokey over Thig? That may cause the first uprising of the new era.

jmlamerson
08-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Well if you look at recent history, yes we do.

Fine. We're not going to carry four QBs on the roster. How about that?

honda522
08-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I've been reading the camp reports, and every one has Croyle as the 2QB.

To my understanding of the practice squad, Thigpen's ineligible because he's played in more than six games.

I'm sure we'd trade him if we could, but the market may not be there.

My guess is that he's cut.
I just don't see Thiggy getting beat out by a guy who goes on IR everytime he plays. Has Croyle even played a full game yet? :sign0104:

jmlamerson
08-11-2009, 02:14 PM
I just don't see Thiggy getting beat out by a guy who goes on IR everytime he plays. Has Croyle even played a full game yet? :sign0104:

He has played a full game a few times, but has never won one. I wouldn't have thought he'd beat out Thigpen either. But here we are.

captainamerica
08-12-2009, 12:05 PM
I think Gutierrez is the oddman out. He's the least proven and was probably only brought in to motivate Thigpen and Croyle. I bet that Gutierrez will be on the practice squad, before the start of the season.

jmlamerson
08-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I think Gutierrez is the oddman out. He's the least proven and was probably only brought in to motivate Thigpen and Croyle. I bet that Gutierrez will be on the practice squad, before the start of the season.

Gutierrez to the PS does make sense. We'll find out in a few weeks.

captainamerica
08-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Gutierrez to the PS does make sense. We'll find out in a few weeks.
Well a few days ago in a Q/A session Haley said that Pioli brought him in, because he was an "excellent preparation guy". I think this was done just as another attempt by Haley to light a fire under his guy's asses. If Gutierrez is out there working hard and preparing well it forces Croyle and Thigpen to do the same. It's just like the old saying goes "We all run faster when were being chased." My money is that Gutierrez is going to be on the Practice Squad.