PDA

View Full Version : Player on the spot

sling58
08-13-2007, 03:24 PM
TE Tony Gonzalez

With all the various questions surrounding the Chiefs offense, Gonzalez remains a consistent, reliable force. The biggest question might be just how much the 31-year-old Gonzalez has left in the tank. If last year is any indication, he would have plenty after catching 73 passes for 900 yards and five touchdowns.

from nfl.com

Canada
08-13-2007, 06:17 PM
TE Tony Gonzalez

With all the various questions surrounding the Chiefs offense, Gonzalez remains a consistent, reliable force. The biggest question might be just how much the 31-year-old Gonzalez has left in the tank. If last year is any indication, he would have plenty after catching 73 passes for 900 yards and five touchdowns.

from nfl.com

We have enough questions concerning the offence, we don't need to start with TG. All he is gonna be good for this year is Touchdowns!!! :toast2:

Chiefster
08-13-2007, 11:22 PM
We have enough questions concerning the offence, we don't need to start with TG. All he is gonna be good for this year is Touchdowns!!! :toast2:

Yup; if he's lost a step you'd need a microscope to find it.

DrunkHillbilly
08-14-2007, 12:25 AM

He may be good for a few TD's but unfortunatley, I think he is going to spend quite a bit of time blocking!

Chiefster
08-14-2007, 12:33 AM
He may be good for a few TD's but unfortunatley, I think he is going to spend quite a bit of time blocking!

That's Hermieball for ya.

sling58
08-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I hope he doesn't spend all his time blocking. That's such a waste of a weapon. It's like beating someone over the head with a bazooka! Pointless.

Canada
08-15-2007, 07:08 PM
I hope he doesn't spend all his time blocking. That's such a waste of a weapon. It's like beating someone over the head with a bazooka! Pointless.

That would hurt!! :beer:

m0ef0e
08-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Absolutely, Tony G is never more dangerous than when he out-jumps two defenders in the back of the end zone for a TD reception. This is honestly one of my biggest concerns with the Chiefs this year. If the coaches can actually mix it up and try to utilize the versatile guys they have in some different roles every now and then, we may have a decent shot at doing pretty well this season, imo.

Chiefster
08-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Absolutely, Tony G is never more dangerous than when he out-jumps two defenders in the back of the end zone for a TD reception. This is honestly one of my biggest concerns with the Chiefs this year. If the coaches can actually mix it up and try to utilize the versatile guys they have in some different roles every now and then, we may have a decent shot at doing pretty well this season, imo.

It would be nice if the refs would call pass interference once in a while; you know like when Tony G. has defenders draped all over him while the pass intended for him go incomplete.

chief31
08-16-2007, 09:28 AM
It would be nice if the refs would call pass interference once in a while; you know like when Tony G. has defenders draped all over him while the pass intended for him go incomplete.

Well, as long as the Chiefs keep him on "underneath" routes, then pass-interference will be a rarity. Unless they get back to throwing to him in the seam, on out patterns and anything that allows him to out-run linebackers and get into the open, then Tony will find it tough to compile recieving stats.

CHIEFCANNON
08-16-2007, 11:18 AM
TE Tony Gonzalez

from nfl.com

Prognosticating.... When Dwayne Bowe gets on the field and starts burning the 8 clowns in a box... Tony Gonzalez will start to make HOF numbers. Defenses will have to respect Bowe and forget Gonzalez and vice/versa. It's a win ... win for the Chiefs and that's one of the reasons Bowe will be an impact player right out of the blocks. Both Larry Johnson and TG benefit from Bowe on the field of play.:yahoo:

chief31
08-16-2007, 11:31 AM
I hope that you are right, Chiefcannon. If the offensive line can gain just a little bit of consistency, then that could very easily happen.

sling58
08-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Prognosticating.... When Dwayne Bowe gets on the field and starts burning the 8 clowns in a box... Tony Gonzalez will start to make HOF numbers. Defenses will have to respect Bowe and forget Gonzalez and vice/versa. It's a win ... win for the Chiefs and that's one of the reasons Bowe will be an impact player right out of the blocks. Both Larry Johnson and TG benefit from Bowe on the field of play.:yahoo:

I agree. Once we get someone on the field that someone has to pay attention to besides Tony in the passing game then Tony will be more of a force than he is right now. IMO

NOW CANADA (the first one) :beer:

AkChief49
08-17-2007, 03:52 AM
:sign0098: CC, I like it!! I like it!!!:D

Chiefster
08-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Well, as long as the Chiefs keep him on "underneath" routes, then pass-interference will be a rarity. Unless they get back to throwing to him in the seam, on out patterns and anything that allows him to out-run linebackers and get into the open, then Tony will find it tough to compile recieving stats.

Agreed; and as long as the "O" line woes continues I look to see him blocking in order to give the QB time in the pocket or in run block support.

m0ef0e
08-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Agreed; and as long as the "O" line woes continues I look to see him blocking in order to give the QB time in the pocket or in run block support.

He'll still break Sharpe's record plus... Tony is gonna have some TD's.

Chiefster
08-19-2007, 10:48 PM
He'll still break Sharpe's record plus... Tony is gonna have some TD's.

Definitely! I can't wait to see it!