PDA

View Full Version : B. Waters showing some leadership

jap1
08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I was reading the blog bob gretz posts yesterday about traning camp updates, and I stumbled across this paragraph. I thought it was pretty interesting and maybe shows that Waters is here to play and win, not just pick up a paycheck. I hope that is the case, because if so, I think our running game is going to be much improved this year.

LG Brian Waters had the offensive line as a group run extra gassers after practice as other players scattered over the three fields and worked on individual moves and the like. At one point, 10 minutes after the post-practice team huddle had broken up, there were still 29 players on the field doing something.

Here is the link:
Camp Practice Update 8/11 P.M. : BobGretz.com (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/camp-practice-update-811-pm.html)

Chiefster
08-12-2009, 08:31 PM
I hope so too, but not really sure our running game last year could have been much worse.

honda522
08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice. Gassers suckk...

doobs_05
08-13-2009, 02:50 AM
This better spark something..

chiefan
08-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Good for Waters. May teach BA to be the leader once Waters retires.

Chiefster
08-13-2009, 04:50 AM
This better spark something..

The Waters situation or your sig? :lol:

doobs_05
08-13-2009, 06:23 AM
The Waters situation or your sig? :lol:

both??

Chiefster
08-13-2009, 02:45 PM
both??

:lol:

Jurgen
08-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Perhaps he can use & teach the rookies this pro bowl technique :lol:
yup, I took the picture :11:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/08/108.jpg

Hayvern
08-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Perhaps he can use & teach the rookies this pro bowl technique :lol:
yup, I took the picture :11:

It's only holding if the ref throw's the flag!

Jurgen
08-13-2009, 10:06 PM
It's only holding if the ref throw's the flag!
damn you are good & right :lol:

Hayvern
08-13-2009, 10:14 PM
damn you are good & right :lol:

Here's a story, kinda funny, a little long so bear with me.

When I was in the Navy, I played flag football for the base team. We had a guy in our unit that had been invited to work out with the Raiders in spring training. (This was during the whole Napolean McCallum time and supposedly he was looking to play LB for the Raiders, it did not work out for him though)

Anyway back to the story. We were playing a particularly tough team, and he was playing center, we were down a few points and the QB, who was also the coach was having a hard time getting the plays off. This guy, says in a huddle "I will take care of it" the next few plays the pass rusher across from him wound up on his face everytime he went through the line.

Finally, the other team started to complain about it, but the referees could not find anything illegal to throw a flag on. A few players later, the lead ref came over and told the coach. "I don't know what he is doing, but tell him to stop!"

The is one of the only times I ever heard of a penatly being called without a flag being thrown HAHAHA well sort of.

The moral to the story is. It is fitting that this guy on my team wanted to play for the Raiders!

:lol:

Jurgen
08-13-2009, 11:01 PM
oh thats priceless Hayvern