PDA

View Full Version : Obama in Montana!! OBAMA!! lol

doobs_05
08-14-2009, 02:54 AM
Just thought it was cool a president doing a Town Hall Meeting in my state.

Tho i'm so tired of this Health Care talk, but its getting really hard to believe anyone.

Guru
08-14-2009, 03:05 AM
I sure would love to have the opportunity to ask him a question or two.

Hayvern
08-14-2009, 03:34 AM

Me too, but I just don't think even one or two would do it.

doobs_05
08-14-2009, 03:44 AM
I think a **** load of questions are needed to be asked

Guru
08-14-2009, 04:08 AM
Me too, but I just don't think even one or two would do it.
Agreed. But just to have the opportunity to ask him a hard question would go a long way. Especially on live TV. I know people don't like the plumber but he asked the perfect question and Obama gave the absolute worst answer for his cause. Showed his true colors for America IMO. Getting hard questions from the public is a lot different than getting prepared questions in a press conference.

doobs_05
08-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Agreed. But just to have the opportunity to ask him a hard question would go a long way. Especially on live TV. I know people don't like the plumber but he asked the perfect question and Obama gave the absolute worst answer for his cause. Showed his true colors for America IMO. Getting hard questions from the public is a lot different than getting prepared questions in a press conference.

yet i don't believe those live tv questions, like the town halls, because maybe they plant a couple of seeds in the audience and they worked on the questions and answers. If only polititians would stop lieing

IlovetheChiefs
08-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah darn funny isn't it that Obama in New Hampshire just couldn't happen to find a single challenging question while at the same time all over the country in other town halls the Democrat congress was getting inundated with them!

Obama just wouldn't dare let people see him on tv where people are upset with him and his big government health care plan that he hasn't even read himself.

Probably going to be more of the same in Montana. Jusy maybe this time they'll permit a token concern of a question from someone (like, "Mr. Persident, I'm concerned how much this plan is going to cost") but even that's pushing it.

Obama's "town halls" are really infomercials.

tornadospotter
08-14-2009, 12:18 PM
You could ask him where he gets his e-mail list, and if the people receiving the e-mails asked to be on the list, or if he is just spamming. :D

Chiefster
08-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I think that there's anything wrong with the Democrats or Republicans that getting rid of the politicians wouldn't cure. :D

Hayvern
08-14-2009, 05:05 PM
You could ask him where he gets his e-mail list, and if the people receiving the e-mails asked to be on the list, or if he is just spamming. :D

Robert Gibbs could not answer that.

AkChief49
08-14-2009, 11:03 PM
did he not refuse to answer when asked if he and his family would be on the same health care plan?.

Guru
08-14-2009, 11:49 PM
This is one of the few times I will defend Gibbs. Major Garrett was being a complete (donkeys hind end) with that question. That was a waste of everyone's time.

Chiefster
08-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Glad I missed it.

Hayvern
08-15-2009, 02:11 AM
This is one of the few times I will defend Gibbs. Major Garrett was being a complete (donkeys hind end) with that question. That was a waste of everyone's time.

It was a relevant question as what the White House is doing with collecting the names some consider unConstitutional.

Anyway, if they are sending e-mails to people unsolicited they are breaking the anti-spam law they passed back in 2004.

In the grand scheme of things though, this is pretty small potatos compared to where we are headed right now.

tornadospotter
08-15-2009, 02:16 AM
Well I did not request to receive e-mail from President Obama.

Chiefster
08-15-2009, 02:16 AM
It was a relevant question as what the White House is doing with collecting the names some consider unConstitutional.

Anyway, if they are sending e-mails to people unsolicited they are breaking the anti-spam law they passed back in 2004.

In the grand scheme of things though, this is pretty small potatos compared to where we are headed right now.

Sad in a scary sort of way.

Chiefster
08-15-2009, 02:18 AM

You got an e-mail from Obama??? I didn't get any such e-mail....Teachers pet! :D

tornadospotter
08-15-2009, 02:21 AM
You got an e-mail from Obama??? I didn't get any such e-mail....Teachers pet! :D
I will send you a e-mail if it makes you feel better. :D

Chiefster
08-15-2009, 02:24 AM
I will send you a e-mail if it makes you feel better. :D

Oh goody!!! :lol:

Guru
08-15-2009, 02:28 AM

Let me rephrase. It is a valid question. Not one for one of those press briefings though. What the heck was Gibbs supposed to say?

Hayvern
08-17-2009, 12:32 PM

The only e-mail I want from the president would be something like this:

Hey Vern

I am putting together a new office in the executive branch. It is the football Czar position that I want to put you in charge of.

All you have to do is watch Chief's football all season and I will pay you $14 million dollars per year!!

That is a job I could sink my teeth into!

Chiefster
08-17-2009, 03:50 PM
The only e-mail I want from the president would be something like this:

Would you need an assistant. :D

doobs_05
08-18-2009, 02:45 AM

or test beer, or watch hot girls for 15 million dollars

Connie Jo
08-18-2009, 03:01 AM
Conservative Republican here...so, best I not comment on Obama, haha.

doobs_05
08-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Conservative Republican here...so, best I not comment on Obama, haha.

that would be nice didn't really start this thread to have huge arguements...

but thank you

Sn@keIze
08-18-2009, 03:35 AM
OK. I tried to stop myself from commenting on politics here.

But lets just see what Glenn Beck (i rite winger) has to say about our present health care.

Video: Glenn Beck's Operation | The Daily Show | Comedy Central (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-13-2009/glenn-beck-s-operation)

boy oh boy. Media is a powerful thing. And anybody who watches Fox news is getting an opinion, not the news.

That being said, I think Obama is trying too hard too fast. Health care reform is the right idea, but this is too big a deal to screw up. This is something a pres. should do if he is re-elected a 2nd term and at least proven worth somewhat.

DT14PRIEST
08-18-2009, 04:20 AM

But lets just see what Glenn Beck (i rite winger) has to say about our present health care.

Video: Glenn Beck's Operation | The Daily Show | Comedy Central (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-13-2009/glenn-beck-s-operation)

boy oh boy. Media is a powerful thing. And anybody who watches Fox news is getting an opinion, not the news.

That being said, I think Obama is trying too hard too fast. Health care reform is the right idea, but this is too big a deal to screw up. This is something a pres. should do if he is re-elected a 2nd term and at least proven worth somewhat.

Every news station/news paper/blog/etc on the air leans in the favor of one opinon or the other. The majority of them leaning to the left. I will admit that Fox is geared towards the Republican/republican conservative right but you can't honestly tell me that CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC/ (and their affiliates MSNBC etc..) don't all lean to the left/liberal left in their views and opinions.

But I digress...talking politics on a Chiefs board is last thing I want to do...especially when it comes to Barry Soetoro and some of his policies...

Independent Conservative

doobs_05
08-18-2009, 04:29 AM

Jon Stewart is the only guy i trust with news, hes more left wing but he seems to be the most fair...and sometimes bill o'reilly can make some good points

Guru
08-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Don't trust ANY of the news networks in this country. None of them truly report news. They all just report their opinions and twist facts to suit their agenda.

The fact that MSNBC tries to pass themselves of as responsible journalists is laughable as well. They are the worst of all the networks.

Sn@keIze
08-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Don't trust ANY of the news networks in this country. None of them truly report news. They all just report their opinions and twist facts to suit their agenda.

The fact that MSNBC tries to pass themselves of as responsible journalists is laughable as well. They are the worst of all the networks.I have found that CNN headline news(not CNN, as they start leaking in opinions) is most worthy of reporting the news.

Just tell me what is going on. Dont tell me what you think of it. Let me decide for myself.

Guru
08-18-2009, 05:42 AM
I have found that CNN headline news(not CNN, as they start leaking in opinions) is most worthy of reporting the news.

Just tell me what is going on. Dont tell me what you think of it. Let me decide for myself.
I haven't really given them much of a shot because of the association with CNN. Personally, I like BBC. When I watch it I don't feel like I am being lied to. Doesn't mean I'm not getting duped by them either though.

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 07:30 AM
I haven't really given them much of a shot because of the association with CNN. Personally, I like BBC. When I watch it I don't feel like I am being lied to. Doesn't mean I'm not getting duped by them either though.

Personally I think they all "slant" the news in one direction or the other. My favorite used to be Fox but I haven't had access to them in nearly...I don't know how many years. We reduced our cable package when we fell on hard times with the expectation of increasing it again when times got better. Well times got better but never increased the cable, and now times are not so good for us again. :lol: But, overall, I think Guru is right: BBC provides, probably, the best coverage.

IlovetheChiefs
08-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I love Fox News Channel.

I agree with Guru that pMSNBC is the worst.

CNN used to be referred to by conservatives as The Clinton News Network, heh.

I actually used to like CNN headline news somewhat too, but these days so much of it is pop culture news (eg. celebrity gossip) and not mainstream news stories of what's going on.

Oh and I also enjoy CBN news on the 700 club (the news of the day with comments from a Christian persepective).

Canada
08-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Go Politics!!!

dbolan
08-18-2009, 10:48 PM
He's a phony that BS'ed his way into the Presidency. Any moron could see that by now.

I don't believe any of the questions should be scripted at any meeting or conference. The way I look at it....If the ******* is intelligent enough to be President of this country, he (whomever it is at the time) should be able to field any question tossed his way.

Connie Jo
08-18-2009, 11:33 PM
that would be nice didn't really start this thread to have huge arguements...

but thank you

You're welcome. I don't "argue" much about anything, including politics. :)

Hayvern
08-19-2009, 12:41 AM
You're welcome. I don't "argue" much about anything, including politics. :)

I do argue about politics, but there was a time here where there was one and only one thread allowed for politics. I am trying to avoid it here in the wrong location.

Whatever happened to that thread anyway? It get too big?

tsattisback
08-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Rush Limbaugh is the source to find complete truth. Mon-Fri 11am to 2pm.

www.rushlimbaugh.com (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com)

Become a ditto head now! Our country needs you!!!

Chiefster
08-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Go Politics!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There used to be only one of these threads allowed.

doobs_05
08-19-2009, 02:47 AM
How about those guys brining guns to the presidents town halls....i mean ya you got a right but don't act like you dont know why people are so upset when people are using thier rights......your brining it to the presidents town hall....that would be cool tho, have a gun straped to my leg all day...no one would mess with you hahaha

tsattisback
08-19-2009, 02:59 AM
How about those guys brining guns to the presidents town halls....i mean ya you got a right but don't act like you dont know why people are so upset when people are using thier rights......your brining it to the presidents town hall....that would be cool tho, have a gun straped to my leg all day...no one would mess with you hahaha

well, the way our country was originally designed...the government was suppose to fear the people, not the other way around

sadly, it is the people that fear the government.

tornadospotter
08-19-2009, 07:20 AM
well, the way our country was originally designed...the government was suppose to fear the people, not the other way around

sadly, it is the people that fear the government.
Oh Timmie are you still banned?

Canada
08-19-2009, 10:40 AM

No one messes with me now. Why would I need a gun? Crazy Americans!! :D

Bike
08-19-2009, 12:28 PM
I like smoked brisket.

Canada
08-19-2009, 01:04 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm