PDA

View Full Version : What i want to see tonight:

Vanilla Garilla
08-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Ok, with our first pre season game going to be happening tonight, win or loss, if i see these following things i will be exrememely happy:

1) Cassel completes at least 75% of his passes, and throws at least one TD. NO PICKS!!!

2) LJ gets at least 35 yards with an average of 4.0 or better.

3) No Dropped passes by Dwayne Bowe

4) Glenn Dorsey playing the whole first half, and stuffing that line.

5) Toomer and Engram making at least one excellent posession catch.

6) Todd Haley not losing his cool.

7) Charles rushes for 30 yards or more, and gets a couple receptions.

honda522
08-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Ok, with our first pre season game going to be happening tonight, win or loss, if i see these following things i will be exrememely happy:

4) Glenn Dorsey playing the whole first half, and stuffing that line.

6) Todd Haley not losing his cool.

Those two aren't possible. Haley sees something not right he will be pissed. but thats what you want kinda.

I Just don't see Dorsey doing much.

Vanilla Garilla
08-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Those two aren't possible. Haley sees something not right he will be pissed. but thats what you want kinda.

I Just don't see Dorsey doing much.

Yeah i mean if Bowe drops a pass, i want Haley riding his *** bad, just not losing his cool. Public emberassment is a double edged sword, it can either motivate or cripple a players attitude.

I must see progress in Dorsey otherwise im gonna go hang a twinkie from the opposing end zone to get his *** in gear.

honda522
08-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah i mean if Bowe drops a pass, i want Haley riding his *** bad, just not losing his cool. Public emberassment is a double edged sword, it can either motivate or cripple a players attitude.

I must see progress in Dorsey otherwise im gonna go hang a twinkie from the opposing end zone to get his *** in gear.
LOL, I guess you got a point there. But was Cohwer bad at all?

Vanilla Garilla
08-15-2009, 03:09 PM
LOL, I guess you got a point there. But was Cohwer bad at all?

No Cowher was great!!! Why oh why did we ever let him slip away? He could have been the heir to Marty, and we would have kept that nasty D for a long time.

PawnshopMarimba
08-15-2009, 03:10 PM
I know the first pre season game doesn't feature much in the way of starters, but I'd like to see each QB get an entire quarter of the game instead of Cassell running a drive and sitting.

I wanna see lots of blitz packages and see if this 3-4 D will show a better ability of being able to get to the quarterback

And I want to see Succup get a chance to try for a long FG attempt.

Apart from that I just want to see CHIEFS FOOTBALL!

- 5 hrs and counting...

Vanilla Garilla
08-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I know the first pre season game doesn't feature much in the way of starters, but I'd like to see each QB get an entire quarter of the game instead of Cassell running a drive and sitting.

I wanna see lots of blitz packages and see if this 3-4 D will show a better ability of being able to get to the quarterback

And I want to see Succup get a chance to try for a long FG attempt.

Apart from that I just want to see CHIEFS FOOTBALL!

- 5 hrs and counting...

Completely agree, lets see if this new D Line can hold their own.

honda522
08-15-2009, 03:16 PM
No Cowher was great!!! Why oh why did we ever let him slip away? He could have been the heir to Marty, and we would have kept that nasty D for a long time.
Nah, I meant bad in his yelling way.

I sure hope Tyson Jackson was worth it. I am watching the Steelers and cardinals right now and Ziggy Hood looks awesome. He was the Steelers first round pick, from MIZZU!

Vanilla Garilla
08-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Nah, I meant bad in his yelling way.

I sure hope Tyson Jackson was worth it. I am watching the Steelers and cardinals right now and Ziggy Hood looks awesome. He was the Steelers first round pick, from MIZZU!

No i really didnt find Cowher that bad, heck Marty was way worse IMO.

That was a pretty good game between Steelers and Cardinals, Warner looked pretty decent.

rickflair58
08-15-2009, 03:59 PM
come on people get out of the fantasy time. Chiefs blew the draftfor second straight year. we got no Offensive line. Cassell won't do much neither will LJ or bowe. chiefs have no offense. Dorsey his a joke. chiefs by all rights are officially the worst team in the NFL. at best 2-14 if they beat raiders 2 times which is doubtful in reality 0-16. face it the glory days are over and for years to come. i been with the chiefs as a fan since they came to KC this is the worst team ever. now if they sign some VET O Linemen it would inprove things but with what they got chiefs are the worst team in the NFL. so get your head out of the clouds and into reality. it;s 3 downs punt.
Cassell will be hurt within the first 3 games of the year and out for the year. throw in a inexperience head coach spells a very long season in KC

rick

rickflair58
08-15-2009, 04:00 PM
WHAT NEW D-LINE?? it's the same old same old wake up

Vanilla Garilla
08-15-2009, 04:01 PM
come on people get out of the fantasy time. Chiefs blew the draftfor second straight year. we got no Offensive line. Cassell won't do much neither will LJ or bowe. chiefs have no offense. Dorsey his a joke. chiefs by all rights are officially the worst team in the NFL. at best 2-14 if they beat raiders 2 times which is doubtful in reality 0-16. face it the glory days are over and for years to come. i been with the chiefs as a fan since they came to KC this is the worst team ever. now if they sign some VET O Linemen it would inprove things but with what they got chiefs are the worst team in the NFL. so get your head out of the clouds and into reality. it;s 3 downs punt.
Cassell will be hurt within the first 3 games of the year and out for the year. throw in a inexperience head coach spells a very long season in KC

rick

TROLL ALERT!!! Dont Feed Him, it will only make him much stronger and nastier!

Snoopy09
08-15-2009, 04:01 PM
I just want to see all da playas make some plays. Haley kick some *** when mistakes are made and the D whoop dat ***!

honda522
08-15-2009, 04:12 PM

rick
And he cals him self a Chiefs fan :sign0104::lol:

So he gets booted right?

Chiefster
08-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I will be happy if we show any signs of improvement at all, but, again, it's preseason so I don't put much stock in preseason W/L record one way or the other.

stricken721
08-15-2009, 04:48 PM
What I wanna see tonight is Chiefs football ending in a victory. :bananen_smilies046:

Bike
08-15-2009, 05:14 PM
I wanna see a sack. or 2.

honda522
08-15-2009, 05:24 PM
What I wanna see tonight is Chiefs football ending in a victory.
Victory would be nice, but I would rather see a victory with our 1st team starters.

I wanna see a sack. or 2.

YES :bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
08-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Ahhh yeah let's finally get to see a sack or two again!

You guys have some pretty good prescriptions for what would be nice to see. Like Cassel, Bowe, Dorsey, and Charles performances. And yes I'd like to see our Succop split the uprights from a good distance too!

And of course I hope the other QB's show some good stuff too.

I think Haley will be very good for us and will be able to be tough while not becoming too unhinged like a Mike Ditka.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT14PRIEST
08-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I want to see...

no injuries

tornadospotter
08-15-2009, 07:40 PM

rick
:iamwithstupid:, NOT!!!!!!!

rickflair58
08-15-2009, 07:41 PM
i'm not a troll just being honest and not kidding myself about the Chiefs. I love the Chiefs but their hurting for real players starting with Offensive Line is the main concern. I like Bowe and LJ but the line is weak and no matter how great cassell is if no O lIne to stop rush his dead meat. hey Guys lets all get along i to wish the chiefs were contenders but in reality their not.

Rick

honda522
08-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Dude, you don't know anything about our OL. BW is becoming a leader. BA is getting way better. We have Goff now.

So why don't you just sit back and try not say more things to embarrass your self, if you are a true fan.

True Chiefs fans believe.

brish
08-15-2009, 07:55 PM
75% completion rate is a bit high for any quarterback.

I would like to see:

1. No picks.
2. WR's making plays.
3. D getting sacks.

Basically all the things that killed us last year, except the poor conditioning and coaching.

partysan
08-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Well, I saw a sack. I'm happy :)

rodu
08-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I am hearing and reading a lot of good things about C Mays, if he keeps this up, he may end up starting of Thomas

brish
08-15-2009, 09:06 PM
I am hearing and reading a lot of good things about C Mays, if he keeps this up, he may end up starting of Thomas

Im following the game on NFL.com's gamecenter: Live.
It seems Corey Mays and DJ are all over the field making plays. Good news! :)

We're down 10 - 0 atm though, the offense is completely stomped. :(

IlovetheChiefs
08-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah hasn't been good. 4 punts and one fumble. Whereas Houston is moving the ball well.

At least we have 2 sacks so far.

IlovetheChiefs
08-15-2009, 09:27 PM
And there we go with a good close to the half. A couple nice passes from Croyle, a nice diving catch by Bowe, and a long 48 yard fg from Succop. :)

DT14PRIEST
08-15-2009, 09:43 PM
First team observations going into half time:

The Good:

- Cassel played well -
- Defense looks good -
- Team Looks Quick and in Shape -
- Studbaker looks good. Unpolished but good
- Hali looks alright -
- Defensive front 7 is much improved and only looks to get better -
- Corey Mays looks like a stud -
- Tyson Jackson looked very good -
- The LBs looked much improved -
- Colquitt is back to his old form -
- Succop looks to be the real deal -
- Brodie is still in tact -
- Bowe looks exceptional -

The Bad:

- New OLBs are unpolished in coverage -
- Too many mental errors and penalties -
- We have virtually no WR talent to develop -
- Too many dropped balls -
- Sackintosh -

DT14PRIEST
08-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I like the 2 sacks we have so far but Cassel looks like crap.

Cassel played well. He hit 2 different targets (Sean Ryan and Terrance Copper) in the hands dead on with the ball and they dropped it.

One miscue on a snap and once he held the ball to long and almost took a sack but other then that he looked fine especially considering he had virtually no one to throw the ball too on offense.

IlovetheChiefs
08-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Well that was a nice productive and exciting drive Croyle orchestrated right there, with more good catches from Dwayne Bowe.

IlovetheChiefs
08-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm thinking we'll see Thigpen the next series.

stricken721
08-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking we'll see Thigpen the next series.

Brodie played well.. Compared to Brodie

Chief Tyler
08-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Brodie went down to a knee instead of getting up right away after the first pass. I was all "oh my god, he's out for the season".

On a good note, Bowe looks stellar. The first team defensive front looks really strong too. I definately like what Pendergast is doing so far, even if we have been burned a few times, getting some good pressure so far.

honda522
08-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Anyone who thinks cassel would complete 75% of his passes lacks serious intelligence or is just smoking crack. I like the 2 sacks we have so far but Cassel looks like crap. Brodie to me has looked better but he is not really showing me anything either. Battle seems to be running quite hard and flowers is playing pretty well to. I really liked the Succop FG he has plenty of distance.
Dude, look who the WR who were out there. Darling and Copper, and they can't seem to catch. Look how good Croyle looked with Bowe.

Big Daddy Tek
08-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Looks like Haley gave Bowe just what the doctor ordered. Push him mentally and emotionally, Make him push himself mentally and emotionally and this is the result. Anytime you can make a guy as good as Bowe push himself to be better you are going to have good results. I bet nobody has ever treated Bowe like this.

honda522
08-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Looks like Haley gave Bowe just what the doctor ordered. Push him mentally and emotionally, Make him push himself mentally and emotionally and this is the result. Anytime you can make a guy as good as Bowe push himself to be better you are going to have good results. I bet nobody has ever treated Bowe like this.:bananen_smilies046:

I think he hasn't dropped any yet either.

Vanilla Garilla
08-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Bowe looked great tonight, Croyle impressed me, and Cassels throws were very very sharp!

bigpoppachief
08-15-2009, 10:22 PM

rick

i swear this guy is Al Davis lol

bigpoppachief
08-15-2009, 10:24 PM
No way i agree cassel played well for the money we pay him he looked average drops or not and that lost fumble.. sad

its one game dude plus preseason yeah he was a backup in NE but he KNEW that playbook they are still elarning each other

Chief Tyler
08-15-2009, 10:33 PM
im not saying he wont be better im just judging the game tonight

Cassel didn't get much help though. He had a bad throw or two, but there were two drops on what should have been catches. He was working with what will be 3rd team 2nd and 3rd team wideouts behind a line that looked pretty bad at times. A bunch of his throws were right on the numbers. I'm already looking forward to next week. I want to see how he plays with Bowe and how he distributes the ball with a true corps of 1st team wideouts.

IlovetheChiefs
08-15-2009, 10:43 PM
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!! KANNNSASSSCITYYY!!!!!

Good drive by Thiggy. Maybe we can pull this one out 17-16!

IlovetheChiefs
08-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Rats we fell short.

I think I agree with that announcer's grade of a C for our team tonight. Some good things and progress but some bad and a lot of work to still do.

Was great to see our boys in red back in action.

Ldub
08-15-2009, 11:40 PM
I think the team looks alot sharper than last year, but our o line is still way to soft. If Cassell still has the "holding the ball to long" problem this year it could really get ugly. Waters looked real good and Albert was okay minus the penelty. The rest are scetchy at best.

Croyle looked sharp as glass, he can be a solid no.2 as long as he doesnt break like glass... again. Bowe was steller aswell, the only knock i got was most of it was against back ups. Id like to see what he can do earlier in the game.

Our first quarter defence looked good. It was exciting seeing some red get in the back feild. Mayes, Flowers, Johnson, and Pollard were all stand outs.

Still alot of work to do but this team is on the right path.

PawnshopMarimba
08-15-2009, 11:58 PM
May I remind you that Matt was throwing at the 4th string WR corps?
Cassell did fine. Croyle looked Sharp. Thigs made a case for himself too.

The QB play all around is really encouraging, but the WRs (that will eventually be relegated to slot positions and further down on the depth chart) DO need to step up their play. Rain isn't an excuse to drop a pass with this regime.

KottkeKU
08-16-2009, 12:06 AM
it looked to me our WR's are the biggest problem, the stats for Matt Cassell going into the 2nd qtr dont say everything...plus its a completely new system in which he previously knew NE's well...our receivers looked absolutely terrible in my opinion...our offensive line needs to improve if this offense/team wants to go anywhere...defense actually looked better than i thought, and i am happy with what i saw from Dorsey..

PawnshopMarimba
08-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Quinten Lawrence made a few plays, and D Bowe looked as focused as I've seen him on the field apart from that first screen play where he tripped.

Bradley looked good... I don't remember seeing Toomer or Engram, but they, no doubt, will have something to offer.

There WERE far too many drops, but again, it was largely from guys that are going to wind up not on the team or way down on the depth chart.

When Cassell AND Bowe and/or Bradley, Toomer, Engram are playing at the same time, I'm pretty sure you're not going to see as many drops.

Still... gassers to the young guys for their drops.

Chiefster
08-16-2009, 12:52 AM
May I remind you that Matt was throwing at the 4th string WR corps?
Cassell did fine. Croyle looked Sharp. Thigs made a case for himself too.

The QB play all around is really encouraging, but the WRs (that will eventually be relegated to slot positions and further down on the depth chart) DO need to step up their play. Rain isn't an excuse to drop a pass with this regime.

I really like his decision making while clearly under duress.

Chiefster
08-16-2009, 01:19 AM
I vote for thig still over the other 2 qbs ... cassel is looking to overrated lets hope im wrong

I'm going to reserve judgment on Cassel until I can see him hook up with Bowe.

DT14PRIEST
08-16-2009, 01:55 AM
And for anyone who said cassel was good or ok i disagree he was crap he was 2/5 for 15 yards playing into the 2nd quarter...

Disagree with him being crap. 2 dropped passes that hit both Ryan and Copper in the hands and he would've been 4/5.

Playing with Devard Darling/Terrance Copper as his WRs he did fine. He did his job, got the ball to the WRs. They didnt do their job and catch it. Can already see Haley trimming some of the WRs off after this display.

stricken721
08-16-2009, 02:14 AM
Did Bobby Engram or Amani Toomer play tonight? Or did I miss it.

DT14PRIEST
08-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Did Bobby Engram or Amani Toomer play tonight? Or did I miss it.

I think Engram got in (by word of mouth) Toomer didn't.