PDA

View Full Version : Hello Again...a re-introduction

Connie Jo
08-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey there...I joined Chiefs Crowd several months ago, my last post it shows was in March. Not long after I joined, in fact in March shortly after my last post...I began to go through a somewhat unexpected transition in life...divorce. It's taken a few months since to get my life back on track. So, that's the reason I disappeared for awhile, but hope you all will welcome me back.

The Chiefs are a huge part of my life, & have been since I was a young girl. My dad became a fan in 1963 when they moved to KC, so I was raised with red & gold blood.

I'm curious, since I'm somewhat new & unexperienced here...I would like to share some photos of my recent road trip to Canton for Derrick's (RIP) HOF Induction...which forum is appropriate for doing so?

stricken721
08-16-2009, 10:45 PM
:welcome: back to the Chiefs Crowd. Probably the Chiefs picture forum would be good. I'm sure going to the HOF induction was awesome. :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
08-16-2009, 10:56 PM
:welcome: back to the Chiefs Crowd. Probably the Chiefs picture forum would be good. I'm sure going to the HOF induction was awesome. :bananen_smilies046:
Thank you!!

Attending DT's Induction was super AWESOME! After DT's passing, with much heartbreak felt, it was clear that DT's final NFL Big Play would be his much deserved induction into the NFL HOF. I made myself a promise over 9 yrs ago, that come hell or high water I would be in Canton to witness it personally. I most certainly kept that promise to myself, regardless of many obstacles.

Attending DT's Induction was a highlight of my life, although very emotional needless to say. Heck, my tears began to softly fall upon my arrival in Canton early Friday morning, simply anticipating what was to come the following Saturday evening. Saturday evening, many tears fell. There wasn't a dry eye among any Chiefs fan I saw, not even among the men, respectively speaking of course. :)

stricken721
08-16-2009, 11:55 PM
That's awesome. Very lucky you are. :sign0098:

Chiefster
08-17-2009, 03:37 AM
Welcome back to the "Crowd"!

...And, yes; please do share your pics! :D

Connie Jo
08-17-2009, 03:45 AM
Thanks for welcoming me back! This website is really the only source I've found for sharing my love of the Chiefs with fellow fans.

I'm from around Atchison, KS...& most those I know around here aren't what I would consider true Chiefs fans. Heck, I don't even have friends who have enough interest to watch the games...only if there's nothing better to do. Well, in my life...there isn't much to do better than watching the Chiefs play, haha.

Chiefster
08-17-2009, 03:50 AM
Thanks for welcoming me back! This website is really the only source I've found for sharing my love of the Chiefs with fellow fans.

I'm from around Atchison, KS...& most those I know around here aren't what I would consider true Chiefs fans. Heck, I don't even have friends who have enough interest to watch the games...only if there's nothing better to do. Well, in my life...there isn't much to do better than watching the Chiefs play, haha.

Well, Connie you'll find no shortage of Chiefs fans around here; especially on game day! :)

I'm from Coffeyville myself; always glad to welcome a fellow Kansan to the site!

Connie Jo
08-17-2009, 04:30 AM
Thanks, the welcome back is appreciated!

Jurgen
08-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh my gosh, you were there?

Did you see my football??

May I present my Derrick Thomas Football - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9349)

Connie Jo
08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh my gosh, you were there?

Did you see my football??

May I present my Derrick Thomas Football - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9349)

I read the thread about you donating your DT football, intended to reply, but that was about when I lost power & my satellite signal last night with t-storms. That was an incredibly amazing unselfish gesture, and thank you for sharing with us fellow DT fans now & always, with it being at the HOF forever!

Honestly, I think we did see it, but it was very crowded and I didn't get close enough to know for sure it was yours. I wish I would've come here & read your thread prior to Canton, then I would've likely made my way through the crowd to take a closer look. I'm sorry I can't say for sure 100%, but do think it was yours.

Jurgen
08-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Wow, you got to be there, thats great. I am sure that my football is the only football displayed from Derrick Thomas. I spoke to Jason Aikens, the curator, on the phone a couple of times and he said that they did not have very much from D.T., that made this signed 1994 pro bowl football even more special. This entire procedure to get my gift to the hall of fame made me very humble and thankful.

I would just love to see more pictures of all the items displayed there.

thanks again and yes I would enjoy seing all your pictures from your trip.

All the best

Jurgen

Connie Jo
08-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Wow, you got to be there, thats great. I am sure that my football is the only football displayed from Derrick Thomas. I spoke to Jason Aikens, the curator, on the phone a couple of times and he said that they did not have very much from D.T., that made this signed 1994 pro bowl football even more special. This entire procedure to get my gift to the hall of fame made me very humble and thankful.

I would just love to see more pictures of all the items displayed there.

thanks again and yes I would enjoy seing all your pictures from your trip.

All the best

Jurgen

You should plan a trip to visit the HOF some day if possible...see your DT ball displayed in person. :)

Although, I enjoyed immensely my experience witnessing DT's Induction, & will cherish the memories for life...it wasn't as an enjoyable experience visiting inside the HOF has I had previously when visiting in 2002 on a quiet weekend.

The HOF was extremely crowded the weekend of DT's Induction, and it was very difficult to see displays, take photos without fans blocking, bumping, or walking in front of the camera, etc..

Someday, maybe next summer...I want to go back myself, so I can see DT's Bronze Bust close up, rather than from the distance I did when it was un-veiled on stage. Then, I'll be sure & make a point to see your football too. :)

hermhater
08-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Hi Connie!

tammietailgator
08-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Welcome back Connie!!! :welcome:

AussieChiefsFan
08-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Welcome Back!:bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
08-18-2009, 02:20 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes!! I'm overwhelmed a bit by the friendliness here! Tried participating at a couple Chiefs site's a few yrs back, though not un-friendly so to speak, not as welcoming as here. Seems I may have found myself a Chiefs home away from home, haha. :)

Canada
08-18-2009, 02:22 AM
Hey CJ!! Welcome back, wanna sell me your truck?

AussieChiefsFan
08-18-2009, 02:36 AM
Welcome back man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bananen_sm ilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:: bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_sm ilies046::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Welcome back man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bananen_sm ilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:: bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_sm ilies046::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

You mean Canada, Connie or both??? :D

Canada
08-18-2009, 08:01 AM
This is Connies welcome back thread, not mine!! :)

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 04:43 PM
This is Connies welcome back thread, not mine!! :)

Understood bud. :)

Connie Jo
08-18-2009, 10:12 PM

HA! Not a chance! lol

I share though...I let Chiefs fans ride it in with me! hahaha

Canada
08-19-2009, 12:25 AM
HA! Not a chance! lol

I share though...I let Chiefs fans ride it in with me! hahaha

I promise I wont get any facepaint on it!! :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
08-19-2009, 10:03 PM
I promise I wont get any facepaint on it!! :bananen_smilies046:

LOL

I'd be okay, it'll clean off leather...I already know this to be true, haha.

Canada
08-20-2009, 08:37 PM
LOL

I'd be okay, it'll clean off leather...I already know this to be true, haha.

...and I never spill my beer so that'll be OK!! :bananen_smilies046::D

hermhater
08-20-2009, 09:02 PM
So I can only welcome Connie back, not you right Canada?

Canada
08-20-2009, 09:39 PM
So I can only welcome Connie back, not you right Canada?

Why do you still talk to me?:iamwithstupid:

hermhater
08-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I don't.

tammietailgator
08-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Awww boys.... shake hands and make up!

Chiefster
08-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Awww boys.... shake hands and make up!

The last time they tried to do that HH ended up punching Canada in the knee cap.

Canada
08-21-2009, 11:07 AM
HaHa, Remember when I gave you that head butt that almost knocked you out at the Opener last year?

I don't.

That's cause I hit you so f**kin' hard!!

Canada
08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Testosterone Overload Alert!

Or something that actually happened :sign0104: