PDA

View Full Version : bowes problems are fixed Webb waived, lelie signs just got the text

garciakcfan
08-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I didnt care for him anyway, but now bowe can get his old number back. never understood why webb wouldnt give that up anyway

honda522
08-17-2009, 10:31 AM
What a shame, Webb had a bunch of talent that hasn't been brought out yet. Why would Bowe change his number? Alot of people would be pissed. Tony didn't change his number. Bowe is happy with his I am sure.

Lelie signed? Wheres proof?

garciakcfan
08-17-2009, 10:58 AM
got the text from espn about an hour ago... um bowes number in college was 80.. look at a picture of em he's got the tattoo of it on his arm...

honda522
08-17-2009, 11:07 AM
got the text from espn about an hour ago... um bowes number in college was 80.. look at a picture of em he's got the tattoo of it on his arm...
There isn't going to be a number change. Tony G. number was 44 in college. He didn't change. Why would he change numbers. A lot of people would be pissed with #82 Bowe.

yashi
08-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Kansas City Chiefs - Access Training Camp: Blog - Back to Work (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/08/17/access_training_camp_blog__back_to_work/)

I'm not a fan of Lelie whatsoever, but he does give us a situational speedy deep threat that we could use occasionally.

garciakcfan
08-17-2009, 11:35 AM
There isn't going to be a number change. Tony G. number was 44 in college. He didn't change. Why would he change numbers. A lot of people would be pissed with #82 Bowe.

why wouldnt he want to change?? hes got the number tattooed on him..obviously it means something.. watch and see!! think about it... 44 x2 = what?? his number in the nfl... football players are supersticious and i wouldnt be surprised if he did change..

honda522
08-17-2009, 11:51 AM
why wouldnt he want to change?? hes got the number tattooed on him..obviously it means something.. watch and see!! think about it... 44 x2 = what?? his number in the nfl... football players are supersticious and i wouldnt be surprised if he did change..
Cause it would cost him MONEY. Same situation as the Chad Johnson name change. He would have to pay for all the un sold Jereys.

garciakcfan
08-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Cause it would cost him MONEY. Same situation as the Chad Johnson name change. He would have to pay for all the un sold Jereys.

i guess we'll just see what happens, i would do it if i was him

PawnshopMarimba
08-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Back on topic, I'll take Lelie over Webb any day. These young wide outs better get the message and QUICK. Haley's not messing around.

honda522
08-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Back on topic, I'll take Lelie over Webb any day. These young wide outs better get the message and QUICK. Haley's not messing around.
I wouldn't take a former Donk and Faider, or Webb.

KottkeKU
08-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Lelie SUCKS...hes been on a different team pretty much every year of his career save for the donks..dont you think that says anything? I would have MUCH rather kept that mizzou guy, Will Franklin...why in sam hell did we cut him? he only had one year in KC and he had leg injuries...give the dude a chance, my lord...i thought he caught some tough balls in traffic when he was healthy...

chief addict
08-17-2009, 01:58 PM
If we wanted a speedy reciever , we should have kept Sammie Parker

pbatrucker
08-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Bowe's problem fixed? He's still running with the second team, so the problem is still there. Well I guess 2nd team is a promotion.

honda522
08-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Bowe's problem fixed? He's still running with the second team, so the problem is still there. Well I guess 2nd team is a promotion.
Yea, I am watching the Buffalo Chicago game, I think we should trade to get Roscoe Parrish.
He is very consistant.

pbatrucker
08-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Yea, I am watching the Buffalo Chicago game, I think we should trade to get Roscoe Parrish.
He is very consistant.

Looking at other teams roasters, almost every team has too many WR's. There might be more pickups at the Wr position before the smoke clears, especially since we don't seem to have a returm man yet.

garciakcfan
08-17-2009, 03:10 PM

I was referring to getting his old number back

Chiefster
08-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I think there's no question that Bowe will be starting come the season opener.

CapitalT
08-17-2009, 03:36 PM
I think there's no question that Bowe will be starting come the season opener.
Yeah - If Bowe isn't a starter by the opener I think Haley should be demoted to second string.

Chiefster
08-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah - If Bowe isn't a starter by the opener I think Haley should be demoted to second string.

:lol: That would be what: Water Boy??? :D

DT14PRIEST
08-17-2009, 03:40 PM
of the same notion that I'll take Lelie over Jeff Webb any day of the week. At least now the Chiefs can say, legitimately, have a deep threat now.

DT14PRIEST
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Lelie SUCKS...hes been on a different team pretty much every year of his career save for the donks..dont you think that says anything? I would have MUCH rather kept that mizzou guy, Will Franklin...why in sam hell did we cut him? he only had one year in KC and he had leg injuries...give the dude a chance, my lord...i thought he caught some tough balls in traffic when he was healthy...

I dont recall exactly what happened with Franklin but he apparently wasn't anywhere near the shape he was in when he got here when the regime change happened (someone said he'd dropped some time on his 40 and was overweight? dont quote me on that). Hell after he got waived/cut by the Lions I don't even know what happened to him.

isht_starter
08-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I dont recall exactly what happened with Franklin but he apparently wasn't anywhere near the shape he was in when he got here when the regime change happened (someone said he'd dropped some time on his 40 and was overweight? dont quote me on that). Hell after he got waived/cut by the Lions I don't even know what happened to him.

From what I heard, Franklin was all speed, but no receiving skill. After he was cut by the Chiefs, I remember reading that he had stone hands and no feel for the position, and given that he was also cut from the Lions, it seems the description has merit.

rodu
08-17-2009, 07:16 PM
We have no serviceable youth on this team at wide out(outside of Bowe), hopefully this gets addressed next off season

Vandelay
08-17-2009, 07:21 PM
We have no serviceable youth on this team at wide out(outside of Bowe), hopefully this gets addressed next off season
That's just somthing we have to put a band-aid on for this season, way too many other needs.

Pro_Angler
08-17-2009, 07:47 PM
why not have gotten harrison or boldwin.

honda522
08-17-2009, 07:58 PM
why not have gotten harrison or boldwin.
Yea, I agree about Harrison. He would of been way better than Leilie. But BOLDIN would have cost us too much.

Coach
08-17-2009, 11:45 PM
If we wanted a speedy reciever , we should have kept Sammie Parker
:sign0153: :drunkhb:

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Calling Matt Jones!

*wacks Whoever Mention Buck Tooth Parker!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

captainamerica
08-18-2009, 01:42 AM
I don't see why you guys feel the need to trash Ashley Lelie. I think he's a good signing for the team. Ashley is a former first round draft pick with good speed and NFL experience. He in no way, shape, or form hurts our team. It's not like we gave up a ton of money or draft picks to sign him. Ashley is a low risk-high reward possibility for the Chiefs. I'm glad we signed him and I hope he can perform decently for us.

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 07:43 AM
I don't see why you guys feel the need to trash Ashley Lelie. I think he's a good signing for the team. Ashley is a former first round draft pick with good speed and NFL experience. He in no way, shape, or form hurts our team. It's not like we gave up a ton of money or draft picks to sign him. Ashley is a low risk-high reward possibility for the Chiefs. I'm glad we signed him and I hope he can perform decently for us.

Me too. :D

honda522
08-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Coming from the guy who thought we should of gotten Shanahammy. :lol:

Well Ryan Sims was a first round pick too. Maybe we should bring him back. How about getting back Todd Blackledge for our QB troubles.

northwest
08-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I'd like to make a comment on this, but I haven't been at the practices and/or seen lelie play recently.

Coach
08-18-2009, 06:09 PM
I haven't see Lelie play lately. But I wasn't impressed with our WR's in the first pre-season game. I have to think he is as good or better than many of the scrubs we have currently.

jap1
08-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Yea, I agree about Harrison. He would of been way better than Leilie. But BOLDIN would have cost us too much.

I disagree, Harrison wouldnt have a place on this team. Lelie is brought in to be a potential deep threat.

Bowe is supposed to be a big possession/run after catch type of receiver.

Engram and Toomer are good all-around receivers, with relatively good hands. To me, Harrison is the same as these two guys. He wouldnt really add anything we didnt already have on this team.

If Lelie has some decent hands, and Bowe continues to improve, we have a pretty decent lineup at WR.

rodu
08-18-2009, 08:46 PM
or Bono? man id love to see some Bono lemme tell ya.. and while on that note were the hell did slyvester morris and craphonso thorpe get off to?

Thorpe is in the CFL right now, I think he got injured

Coach
08-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Dwayne Bowe, Amani Toomer, Bobby Engram, Terrence Copper, Mark Bradley, and Ashley Lelie at WR. Maybe with a little coaching from Haley and this WR corp could come together after all. It's already better than we had last year by a long shot.

Chiefster
08-19-2009, 01:29 AM
Dwayne Bowe, Amani Toomer, Bobby Engram, Terrence Copper, Mark Bradley, and Ashley Lelie at WR. Maybe with a little coaching from Haley and this WR corp could come together after all. It's already better than we had last year by a long shot.

It will, to say the least, be interesting to see.

doobs_05
08-19-2009, 03:00 AM
So whose the next ex bronco WR we'll pick up hahaha

rcgamer
08-20-2009, 05:07 AM
I see no negatives to this signing whatsoever, worst case scenario is Lelie gets cut and we got rid of Herms friends son Webb. Best case scenario Lelie can be a decent threat down the field to open up Bowe a little.

Canada
08-20-2009, 08:47 AM
So whose the next ex bronco WR we'll pick up hahaha

Marshall?:D

doobs_05
08-21-2009, 03:03 AM
Marshall?:D

i would not mind that...