PDA

View Full Version : Favre

rustfan76
08-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Am I the only one who is tired of this guy? Watching MNF and it just went by on the ticker they expect him to be in Minn by the third preseason game. Didn't he say he was going to stay retired?:mob:

Chiefster
08-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Yet another chapter in what football fans see as the Favre Wars saga: Episode VI Return of the Aged.

KottkeKU
08-17-2009, 09:45 PM
SO high school....

honda522
08-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Yes, i am tired of it too, but there is a MNF game on?!

Vandelay
08-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Yes, i am tired of it too, but there is a MNF game on?!
Yes there is, and IMO, John Gruden is not good.

Vanilla Garilla
08-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Brett Favre needs to fade away into history............................NOW!

Coach
08-17-2009, 11:34 PM
I am so sick of his crap. Retire already. Who cares anyway? If he comes back, he won't even be a Top 10 QB. Ok, I'll say it. Minnesota would be better off with Thigpen than Favre.

Jurgen
08-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Brett - let it be... You are old now...:11: my age :yahoo:

Jon, I love you man, but you look silly all dressed up in the booth with the mic in your hand.

Isn't there a hc coaching job available soon in Dallas??:lol:

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Coverage of this issue is a colossal waste of media.

captainamerica
08-18-2009, 01:06 AM
2 seasons ago he had one of his best seasons to date and last season he looked great up until the injury and still led the Jets to a record that was above .500. I think Favre can still play and still play decently. There'd be a lot of talent around him in Minnesota and it would be a system and a division he would be very used to. I think Favre should come back. I personally would like to see it. He's a legend of the sport and can still compete in my opinion.

Connie Jo
08-18-2009, 02:32 AM
I dunno...some say Brett's a media ham. I tend to think the guy is really having a hard time emotionally with retiring...he loves the game, has proven that over the years. I just hope he doesn't come back & end up with a permanent injury, which is more likely the older one becomes.

I loved watching Brett play over the years...and wish all players gave the same heart & soul to the game Favre did. I'm gonna miss watching him play, but sure would rather remember him playing with greatness in GREEN, rather than as a 'has been' in PURPLE, respectively speaking.

doobs_05
08-18-2009, 02:49 AM
whatever he wants, if he wants to play let him play...he'll just suck for a team other than the chiefs

Connie Jo
08-18-2009, 02:53 AM
2 seasons ago he had one of his best seasons to date and last season he looked great up until the injury and still led the Jets to a record that was above .500. I think Favre can still play and still play decently. There'd be a lot of talent around him in Minnesota and it would be a system and a division he would be very used to. I think Favre should come back. I personally would like to see it. He's a legend of the sport and can still compete in my opinion.

I'm in agreement with you to some extent, but concerned he's gonna injure himself badly &/or permanently. Don't wanna see that happen. Don't wanna see him come back and by chance not do well, rather retire somewhat on top of his game.

I don't wanna see him in Purple either...on the Packers rival team...seems sorta wrong somehow. The Packers are my fav NFC team, 2nd fav in the NFL, next to the Chiefs of course, haha.

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm in agreement with you to some extent, but concerned he's gonna injure himself badly &/or permanently. Don't wanna see that happen. Don't wanna see him come back and by chance not do well, rather retire somewhat on top of his game.

I don't wanna see him in Purple either...on the Packers rival team...seems sorta wrong somehow. The Packers are my fav NFC team, 2nd fav in the NFL, next to the Chiefs of course, haha.

Exactly, don't hang on too long; retire with gas left in the tank and with some dignity. I think this is the problem some football fans are having with all the Favre hoopla; he's un-retired how many times now? I think he just needs to retire already and be done with it all so he can start making beer commercials. :D

Canada
08-18-2009, 08:21 AM
sorry....did someone say beer?:bananen_smilies046:

GlennBree
08-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Yes there is, and IMO, John Gruden is not good.

I agree 100%. There are some guys that can make that transition and are good at it. It just wasn't right with John G. Maybe it was just nerves...but IMO he just looked out of place and uncomfortable. He belongs on the sidelines.

Canada
08-18-2009, 09:02 AM
John Gruden gets on my nerves. Hes kinda like Hermhater!!

GlennBree
08-18-2009, 09:16 AM
John Gruden gets on my nerves. Hes kinda like Hermhater!!

:lol:

hometeam
08-18-2009, 10:22 AM
who cares? why does it bother people so much, let the man do what he wants. Even if that is not taking decisions lightley or saying one thing to the media and doing another.

honda522
08-18-2009, 10:54 AM
who cares? why does it bother people so much, let the man do what he wants. Even if that is not taking decisions lightley or saying one thing to the media and doing another.
What bothers me is that the media runs it into the ground. When you watch NFL Live, NFL Game Day, NFL Network, ect...ect...

All you can seem to hear about is one story.

tbone8801
08-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Farve signs with Vikings today per ESPN.

isht_starter
08-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Am I the only one who is tired of this guy?

No, you're most definitely not. It's gotten to the point where even John Madden is tired of Brett Favre.

Personally, I'm glad he's coming back because I want to see him toss another 20 interceptions.

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Favre lol i remember a girl i knew pronounced it Fav Re i about lost it... and my roommate today called the Fighting illni pronoucing it the ellenee lol

:lol:

Peoples is cwazy!

Pro_Angler
08-18-2009, 06:31 PM
I just heard of fox sports he is playing us this Fri. mAy we sack em 10 times...

Connie Jo
08-18-2009, 10:21 PM
I just heard of fox sports he is playing us this Fri. mAy we sack em 10 times...

COOL! I can't wait!! :)

dbolan
08-18-2009, 10:43 PM
I like Favre and think that GB gave him the shove. Regardless, he WILL play for the Vikes now and I will root for him! ;-)