PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Linebackers.

honda522
08-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Are looking amazing this year. So who will be the starting one?

Hali seemed to be doing well.

DJ was on every tackle; same with Corey Mays.

texaschief
08-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Corey Mays looks like the real deal. I liked him a lot! He flew to the ball... as did DJ. Hali looked better than I thought he would. If Vrabel can lock down that other spot, they should be set. With Mays, DJ and Hali taking up three spots, the future looks bright in the middle.

AkChief49
08-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Mays and Belcher could be good

honda522
08-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Corey Mays looks like the real deal. I liked him a lot! He flew to the ball... as did DJ. Hali looked better than I thought he would. If Vrabel can lock down that other spot, they should be set. With Mays, DJ and Hali taking up three spots, the future looks bright in the middle.
Maybe thats the big differecne. They weren't huffing and puff half way to the ball carrier.

Vanilla Garilla
08-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Very impressed by Hali's Performance thus far, hope he keeps up the good work!

DT14PRIEST
08-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Hali and Studebaker looked a little rough around the edges.

Thats a good thing, I didn't expect for either of them to look as good as they did.

That being said they are sketchy coverage guys. If they can be avg. in short zone coverage that'd be huge in my book.

Everyone else played as expected. Didn't see ZT, saw limited Vrabel, and DJ finally looked like the DJ he was drafted to be now that he's in a more familiar system that suits his strengths.

Corey Mays impressed me the most though. I think he really could become something really special for this team in this defense as time goes on.

I was encouraged by their play (however limited it was) overall and can now rest a little easier.

honda522
08-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I think Stud is a DE. Not sure but thats what I thought.

I didn't see alot of guys play that should of been playing. *Vrabel, Biesl Thomas, Engram, Toomer.

AkChief49
08-18-2009, 12:05 AM

I didn't see alot of guys play that should of been playing. *Vrabel, Biesl Thomas, Engram, Toomer.
probably will not see a lot of them in preseason, given their very veteran status.

DT14PRIEST
08-18-2009, 12:09 AM

Studebaker is LOLB behind Vrabel (Just looked at the Depth chart to make sure)

Coach
08-18-2009, 12:32 AM
The 3-4 scheme is going to make some of our LB's into studs. I loved what I saw out of DJ.

Big Daddy Tek
08-18-2009, 03:05 AM
Looks linebacker will be our strongest position. Not to change the subject, but the line seemed to hold thier own alot of times for the linebackers to run around. Tyson Jackson straight stood his guy up a few times. I like what I see.

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Looks linebacker will be our strongest position. Not to change the subject, but the line seemed to hold thier own alot of times for the linebackers to run around. Tyson Jackson straight stood his guy up a few times. I like what I see.

Good stuff!

honda522
08-18-2009, 10:09 AM
I think we all have to be proud of DJ. He came out Texas with high expectations and it looks like he is fianlly fiilling them.

texaschief
08-18-2009, 05:36 PM

Dorsey did a hell of a job taking on double teams and holding his position. I think he's gonna be just fine.

Chiefster
08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
well took enough time lol

...Late bloomer.

Canada
08-18-2009, 05:44 PM
...Late bloomer.

so is Dorsey!! :D

Chiefster
08-19-2009, 02:40 AM

Not as late as DJ. :lol:

pbatrucker
08-19-2009, 09:23 AM

In the base defense the Chiefs are playing Dorsey inside of the OT and asking him to get into the backfield. That is what he does best.

Canada
08-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Not as late as DJ. :lol:

But earlier than you!! :p

KottkeKU
08-19-2009, 08:21 PM
its been one preseason game here guys...not to burst the bubble, bc our defense sure looked a lot better than last years, but lets play a regular season game before we start jumping to any conclusions...